*** Berlin, Germany Fanviews Here 7/5/18 ***

Comments

• milanmilan Posts: 447
    Wow!
    What a show. That first encore run was what PJ is all about. Outrageous performance. Outdoors in Berlin is always great but this was at another level again.

Shame i couldn't  score a poster. If any one can post a link to a high resolution scan I would be eternally grateful.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Thank you PJ, thank you Berlin..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    I love how Dimitri is always facing away from the stage. Visuals are for the weak.
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Who I Am said:
    I love how Dimitri is always facing away from the stage. Visuals are for the weak.
  • silvosilvo Posts: 281
    What an amazing show, I cannot describe the time I had! I’m sat at home now reading these fan views and processing (or still trying to) how amazing it was! I’ve got back to England and watched them win the quarter final of the World Cup and still all I can think about is that show in Berlin on Thursday! Amazing crowd, amazing venue, amazing setlist, amazing full stop!!! I take my hat off to all of you who queued in that heat to be at the front. We made a decision, even having 10C tix to just enjoy our day, and where we ended up in the venue was totally fine. Having got in there and seeing the view from the back we decided that was where we were going to spend the day. Close to the facilities we needed (bar, toilet, etc) and my god it was so enjoyable to just be there and enjoy the amazing show even from a distance. No poster, no sticker, no badge, no event shirt......but I tell you what, to not worry about all of that and just have a good time, for me, was enlightening! Maybe the future!!! What a venue.....and the best band in the world!!! Major thanks to Larisa for sorting us with the extra ticket x
  • cocheese77cocheese77 Manchester UK Posts: 29
    We made a decision, even having 10C tix to just enjoy our day, and where we ended up in the venue was totally fine. Having got in there and seeing the view from the back we decided that was where we were going to spend the day. Close to the facilities we needed (bar, toilet, etc) and my god it was so enjoyable to just be there and enjoy the amazing show even from a distance. No poster, no sticker, no badge, no event shirt......but I tell you what, to not worry about all of that and just have a good time, for me, was enlightening! Maybe the future!!! 

Big thumbs up!

www.stickittoms.com

Birmingham 2009 582 Drummers
    Manchester 2012 798 Drummers!!

Raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    Another incredible show. Unbelievable set, crowd and another intense pit. Thought Krakow was going to be tough show to beat and I am still going back and forth on which show was the best between the two. Highlights for me was the Wash opener into Sometimes into an extra long and great version of Corduroy. Red Mosquito into In My Tree was fantastic.. Angie/Daughter/It’s OK extended cut was great too. Wish my wife was there for that combo. Deep, Porch, Rearviewmirror and RITFW (can't believe I am including that song on my highlights) were all great jams that went to the next level I think because the crowd just elevated the band and pushed them for more.  The flying cardboard beer holders during Porch was pretty fucking cool and hope no one got hurt. 

I would like to speak on the crowd as well. Krakow was a rough pit most of the time. Berlin's pit was rough all of the time after the first two songs. I made the mistake and said to a friend I met that this is not so bad (hey Mike!). Next thing I know I am 10 feet to my right and Mike is 3 rows behind me and Ross and Danny are nowheres to be seen.I found you on In My Tree though! The pressure even happened during the encore breaks.  I was 3rd row dead centre on Eddies mic and I scratched and clawed all night to keep my spot after the first wave of pushing. The constant pressure was intense and forced you to work with your neighbour to keep from losing your location or god forbid going down.I lost a couple of neighbours being sucked into the back and ended up beside some real meat heads but to be honest it really added to the night for me. I have to say that the pit was not for everybody but I really enjoyed the battle. I am 36 years old and it really brought me back to my youth.  Back the fuck off on songs like Thumbing and Thin Air though. Seriously chill the fuck out and enjoy a couple of beautiful songs. 

What show, what a crowd, and what a night. I am still buzzing 48 hrs after this one.  I want to say a big thank you to all of the forum members I met on this trip. No need to name names. You guys know who you are. I met some life long friends from all over the world on this trip and I am already looking forward to making plans for the next Euro tour.  Also @The Rock  @cannotstaylong were they not the best chips you ever had in your life? 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432
    PJNB said:
    Another incredible show. Unbelievable set, crowd and another intense pit. Thought Krakow was going to be tough show to beat and I am still going back and forth on which show was the best between the two. Highlights for me was the Wash opener into Sometimes into an extra long and great version of Corduroy. Red Mosquito into In My Tree was fantastic.. Angie/Daughter/It’s OK extended cut was great too. Wish my wife was there for that combo. Deep, Porch, Rearviewmirror and RITFW (can't believe I am including that song on my highlights) were all great jams that went to the next level I think because the crowd just elevated the band and pushed them for more.  The flying cardboard beer holders during Porch was pretty fucking cool and hope no one got hurt. 

I would like to speak on the crowd as well. Krakow was a rough pit most of the time. Berlin's pit was rough all of the time after the first two songs. I made the mistake and said to a friend I met that this is not so bad (hey Mike!). Next thing I know I am 10 feet to my right and Mike is 3 rows behind me and Ross and Danny are nowheres to be seen.I found you on In My Tree though! The pressure even happened during the encore breaks.  I was 3rd row dead centre on Eddies mic and I scratched and clawed all night to keep my spot after the first wave of pushing. The constant pressure was intense and forced you to work with your neighbour to keep from losing your location or god forbid going down.I lost a couple of neighbours being sucked into the back and ended up beside some real meat heads but to be honest it really added to the night for me. I have to say that the pit was not for everybody but I really enjoyed the battle. I am 36 years old and it really brought me back to my youth.  Back the fuck off on songs like Thumbing and Thin Air though. Seriously chill the fuck out and enjoy a couple of beautiful songs. 

What show, what a crowd, and what a night. I am still buzzing 48 hrs after this one.  I want to say a big thank you to all of the forum members I met on this trip. No need to name names. You guys know who you are. I met some life long friends from all over the world on this trip and I am already looking forward to making plans for the next Euro tour.  Also @The Rock  @cannotstaylong were they not the best chips you ever had in your life? 

very cool, sounds like an amazing trip!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345

PJNB said:

Mate, they were delicious and it felt like they appeared as if from nowhere haha. They came at just the right time too :)
    You're right about that crowd. We didn't see you once Save You started. Shit just got crazy. We fought it a bit at first but once we relaxed a bit and went with it, it was much more enjoyable. Like you said, the intensity of the pit ended up adding to it.  I feel bad the woman at the rail got her nose busted open, but I imagine her night turned out ok because Mike saw her and brought her side stage for the rest of the show!

Those beer trays, though. What an amazing visual.  Also felt good that so many people patted me on the back and gave me hugs and high fives when In My Tree started. I think I told everyone this week about my request!

Bring on the next tour!

2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    PJNB said:

It was a pleasure to met you J. and agree with you about the pit..in Krakow was bad, in Berlin was rough but the people around us was not assholes..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    Amazing setting. Porch/beer holders was too cool. The Poncier reference fit in well with my daughter's Citizen Dick t-shirt. On to Barcelona.
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    edited July 2018
    Beer holders flying through the air was cool. That's true. But not, if You got one on your head. Just ask the girl next to me ...
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,348
    Best show of the tour 
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    It was a great show. They played so many songs off of No Code. Eddie sounded a little bit strained in the beginning of the set but quickly sounded powerful. Beautiful venue but terrible logistics. Not the best show I´ve seen but it definitely ranks up there. Bring on Barcelona!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Air23 said:
    Best show of the tour 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    Good audience recording up at TTD!
    D.Frank said:

Link?

'06 Milan
    '07 Madrid

(37)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    milan said:
    D.Frank said:

Link?

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=141495
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    PJNB said:

Glad you had a great time!! Bring on wrigley 2!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    cutz said:
    milan said:
    D.Frank said:

Link?

Shareable Format?
    Many Thanks
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid

(37)
  • PJNB said:

Those chips were a gift from heaven. I can’t belive that woman was going to let them go to waste!
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    PJNB said:
    What show, what a crowd, and what a night. I am still buzzing 48 hrs after this one.  I want to say a big thank you to all of the forum members I met on this trip. No need to name names. You guys know who you are. I met some life long friends from all over the world on this trip and I am already looking forward to making plans for the next Euro tour.  
    Well said Jeff, this summarize my feelings about this amazing week I spent in Prague, Krakow and Berlin. Every time is getting better and better. See you all next time. This is the first day back to work and my mind is still on tour!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
    milan said:
    cutz said:
    milan said:
    D.Frank said:

Link?

Shareable Format?
    Many Thanks
    Sorry, i don't have a Link to share.

But, i think it's FREE to register to The Traders Den.

HOPE you can find a Link, if you can't get it from The Traders Den.

GOOD LUCK!!

The Berlin show was VERY GOOD and the crowd was CRAZY GREAT!!>I've NEVER experienced a crowd like that and i've been going to Concerts for a long time. THANK YOU Berlin and THANK YOU to my European friends for helping me out while i was ther. That 3-run show(Prague, Krakow, & Berlin) is right up ther with the 4-run shows i saw at The Spectrum in Philly.
  • saurighisaurighi Posts: 69
    I have this feeling that in the future I will be able to make this claim: "I was in the pit at Berlin 2018!"
    13/11/96 Milan - 16/06/14 Amsterdam - 25/11/15 Bogota - 29/05/17 EV Amsterdam - 21/03/18 Rio de Janeiro - 12/06/18 Amsterdam - 13/06/18 Amsterdam - 18/06/18 London - 24/06/18 Padova - 05/07/18 Berlin (AMAZING) - 08/08/18 Seattle - 10/08/18 Seattle (Spectacular) - 09/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 10/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 21/06/22 Berlin - 23/06/22 Zurich - 25/06/22 Imola - 25/07/22 Amsterdam - 11/09/22 New York
  • Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    saurighi said:
    I have this feeling that in the future I will be able to make this claim: "I was in the pit at Berlin 2018!"
    Ha,it was nuts. I loved it, I had the time of my life. I got cut on the head by a beer tray but nothing can take away from that gig! I really struggled with the heat but god it was worth every sticky sweaty minute spent waiting for the band that day!
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    w8scma said:

Wow! I don’t know what to say, but this concert kind of summed up my whole Pearl Jam experience so far. I missed them during the 90s when I was an overly ambitious, low self-esteem woman who only listened to classical music. I discovered them 2011 when PJ20 came out. Once I got out of the movie theater, I told my husband I would buy myself a guitar! And it changed my life! Now, 7 years and 10 PJ concerts later, I make my own music, I have my own band, and Pearl Jam plays my hometown again. 

And it all comes together: The evening before, we organize a little Pearl Jam pre-concert at Baumhaus Bar. And so many nice and supportive people show up despite the incredible heat. And we get to play our own music and our favorite PJ songs in front of this audience. 

The next day, at Waldbühne we meet these great people at the venue, two totally wonderful crazy guys from L.A. celebrating their 25th and 51st show with friends. A guy who has never heard Pearl Jam live before but starts to like them more and more during the show! A father with his little son who is wearing an „I’m Eddie“ shirt. He is really named after Eddie and rocks out happily during the concert with his big headphones on. And then this incredible crowd! Everybody going crazy and I think, this is a bit, how the 90s must have felt. I was scared at first because of the mosh pit and the crowdsurfing, but it never got out of control (Eddie gave it „5 connoisseur stars“). It was so beautiful when everybody started throwing the cardboard! And I really lost it when they went into this long „It’s ok“-tag. I was weeping, cause suddenly it all seemed to make sense. Oh man, me crying to a Disney song but what the f…

During the whole show, it really felt like 20.000 friends celebrating their favorite band, the music, life, I dunno! Group hugs at the end. Nobody wants to go home. And then later, in the U-Bahn, my husband recognizes one of our guests from the pre-concert sitting right in front of us. And he tells me that since the morning he had a song in his mind. And I go: „Which Pearl Jam song is it?“ And he says: „No, it’s one of your songs from the pre-concert: 200 horses!“ And I’m just crushed! How cool is that!!! 

And all of these things would have never happened to me without this band! These five graceful people who make music for us! Who stay serious and true and caring without effects or posing. Just making music!  

I am so grateful! Life is good! Life is good!

Just look at the cardboard rain...

https://youtu.be/JyghDUX0hJE

It was nice to meet you!!! Hello from the 51st show guy..........
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    Berlin in my top 10.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18