2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    New Orleans offered Cousins a 2 year/40 million contract right before the Playoffs started.  He turned it down. They pulled the offer. 

He wants a ring.  Can't blame him.
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Yeah needs the precious @DemarcusGollum
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    grayson allen, huh? :angry:
    Didn't take him long to translate his college cheap shot douchiness to the NBA...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24011613/trae-young-atlanta-hawks-grayson-allen-utah-jazz-get-altercation-summer-league
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Didn't take him long to translate his college cheap shot douchiness to the NBA...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24011613/trae-young-atlanta-hawks-grayson-allen-utah-jazz-get-altercation-summer-league
    once a Duke douche always a Duke douche
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

That's all on Trae Young.  I'm not a Grayson Allen fan by any means, but he's unjustly being targeted as the cause for the altercation here.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

That's all on Trae Young.  I'm not a Grayson Allen fan by any means, but he's unjustly being targeted as the cause for the altercation here.
    Allen makes no attempt to initially remove himself from Young.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Seriously? Dude locks up the shooter's arm and then leans on top of him and you blame the shooter?
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Oh come on.   He's playing defense.  Young makes no attempt not to get himself tied up in the first place then continues to make it worse as the play ends.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    After the hook and the foul, it appears that Allen drives his shoulder into Young's gut.  That's what stood out to me. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Oh come on.   He's playing defense.  Young makes no attempt not to get himself tied up in the first place then continues to make it worse as the play ends.
    Who's got the track record of being a complete psychopath?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    mrussel1 said:
    After the hook and the foul, it appears that Allen drives his shoulder into Young's gut.  That's what stood out to me. 
    Allen has his arm out and Young pivots left and as Allen's arm is there and not moving Young then pulls Allens head down which makes Allen pissed and heads Young in the gut.

Both are at fault.  I do love the rough play though.

Thread integrity:

Parker from Spurs getting traded?!?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I live in salt lake and don’t care enough to dig up video.

out on a limb......grayson will have a better career than trae.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    mrussel1 said:
    Allen has his arm out and Young pivots left and as Allen's arm is there and not moving Young then pulls Allens head down which makes Allen pissed and heads Young in the gut.

Thread integrity:

No trade. Parker signed free agent deal with the Hornets.
    mrussel1 said:

Thread integrity:

He bolted then?

The Hornets are nowhere close to being a contender...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

I'm wondering about how living in Salt Lake is relevant to you not caring enough to dig up video?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    mrussel1 said:

Thread integrity:

He bolted then?

Article I read said Spurs wanted him in a mentorship role. Don't know if that means a transition to coaching or a reduction in playing time. Anyways, he said it was an "emotional" decision, but that he needed to move on.

Don't quite get the decision to go with Charlotte since he'll be backing up Walker and that wouldn't be as many minutes as he's been getting. Could be he wanted to play for the new head coach, who was a San Antonio assistant. I guess I would call myself a Hornets fan. They're the closest team and the one I pay most attention to. They really needed a quality backup to Kemba, so looking forward to seeing how he does.
    Wobbie said:

I'll gladly take that bet.
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

I wouldn’t. Young fell apart when he was under pressure. Grayson doesn’t. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    mrussel1 said:

Thread integrity:

He bolted then?

Parker also no where near being a starter anymore.... Spurs prob low balled him, plus all the Kawhi stuff...good time to go. Tony was unreal from 2003-2015....speed, developed great jumper.

Spurs should try to get Brandon Ingram, Hart and (1) 1st rounder from Laker and move on. Kuzma prob not available. You get that package and mix them with Lonnie Walker, Derrick White, Dejounte Murray and you have real good young talent you can add to and build something 3-5 years down the line. No ones beating Golden State anyway. Kawhi stories that are emerging are making him look like a mindless ass. If you wanna go home and play for Lakers/Clippers there is a classier way to do this. I don't buy any of this injury nonsense. The Spurs have been overly careful on their players health, so much so the league got pissed with all the stars sitting out games during the season.
    CROJAM95 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Thread integrity:

He bolted then?

Parker also no where near being a starter anymore.... Spurs prob low balled him, plus all the Kawhi stuff...good time to go. Tony was unreal from 2003-2015....speed, developed great jumper.

Spurs should try to get Brandon Ingram, Hart and (1) 1st rounder from Laker and move on. Kuzma prob not available. You get that package and mix them with Lonnie Walker, Derrick White, Dejounte Murray and you have real good young talent you can add to and build something 3-5 years down the line. No ones beating Golden State anyway. Kawhi stories that are emerging are making him look like a mindless ass. If you wanna go home and play for Lakers/Clippers there is a classier way to do this. I don't buy any of this injury nonsense. The Spurs have been overly careful on their players health, so much so the league got pissed with all the stars sitting out games during the season.
    What I don't get is that SA has always been a class act organization so I don't understand why Kawhi and Parker would want to leave?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Parker just wants to play. Dejounte has emerged, Patty Mills gets lotta minutes.

Kawhis uncle supposedly is running the show and wants him in LA. The puzzling question is, are they prepared to leave about $80M on the table? Spurs can offer that Supermax of over $220m, and it has to be signed by October or he has to requalify for it. Lakers can only offer 4 yrs at a lesser rate. Plus Texas has no state income tax, and Kawhi was finals mvp. The Spurs have shown they can get it done, but I heard Kawhi discouraged big Free Agents don’t want to come to SA.

JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Who's got the track record of being a complete psychopath?
    Allen, but this incident is on Young.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Man, how low can you go?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24055695/former-nba-player-kermit-washington-sentenced-charity-fraud

Former NBA player Kermit Washington sentenced for charity fraud

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Former NBA player Kermit Washington has been sentenced to six years in federal prison for spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in charity donations on vacations, shopping sprees and plastic surgery for his girlfriend.

The U.S. attorney's office says Washington, 66, also was ordered Monday to pay nearly $970,000 in restitution. Washington, of Las Vegas, pleaded guilty in November in federal court in Kansas City, Missouri, to making a false statement in a tax return and aggravated identity theft.

Washington played for five NBA teams in the 1970s and 1980s and is best known for throwing a punch that fractured Houston Rockets player Rudy Tomjanovich's face and left him unconscious during a 1977 game. Washington was playing for the Los Angeles Lakers at the time.

I remember when he did this when he was playing:

https://youtu.be/BI8nVJLHDMo

Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

I wouldn’t. Young fell apart when he was under pressure. Grayson doesn’t. 

thank you.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

I'm wondering about how living in Salt Lake is relevant to you not caring enough to dig up video?

for fuck’s sake, juggler.....he plays for my team (one of them) but I don’t care enough to see the video.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

for fuck’s sake, juggler.....he plays for my team (one of them) but I don’t care enough to see the video.
    Don't all the players in the NBA play for one of your 30 teams?
    I get a bad rap. :whistle:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..