The coming 2nd American Civil War

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    unsung said:
    He is kinda funny...

he's 25 years and apparently tweeting is his only job.  think about it.
  • unsung said:
    Ah Portland... so much for ever going back there.

https://youtu.be/gIWWSsRObyA

Isn't this old footage?

Next time the guy should use something bigger than a selfie stick to hit a muscle bound Nazi (or else he'll likely get knocked out again).

I also get a kick out of the nazi guy with the neoprene knee braces at around the 11 second mark to the right of the screen. If the selfie stick swinger wanted to do better in a scrap... he should have tried to pick a fight with him.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited July 2018
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    Americans.  We love war, we love to talk about war, we love to speculate about war.  But how many  of us really have any interest in being involved in a civil war?   To anyone who says they think this is going to happen, I would have to say, "Come on, are you kidding?  How many people do you know who want to be involved in a civil war in their own home town?"  Damn few.  This is just more sensationalist fodder and nonsense to plaster on the internet. 
    you must live in a blue state.
    Actually, I live in the red spectrum of a rainbow colored state.

El Dorado County (or, as I sometimes refer to it, Helldorado County) is the second most conservative state in California.   All of our representatives are highly conservative. We have more ROATS (ridiculously over-sized American Trucks), many with big American flags flying from their antennas or the the bed, and more Trump bumper stickers, and more greedy developers and more Republicans than you  can shake a stick at.  What a hoot, huh? 
    ah.....Well, California is funny like that.  I used to live in San Diego and worked in the defense industry where I'd say it's 80% conservative.  I grew up in TX and went to college at Texas A&M which is one of the most conservative schools in the country.   Basically, I've been around these folks much more than my own kind.   All I can say is that I know them, but I will never understand them.  
    I also lived in Ocean Beach which is supposedly 99% liberal, but I found most people there completely clueless in terms of world affairs. 

Bottom line, the world is a funny place.  There really are good people on both sides.  My problem with the Right rests mostly in the loudmouth types who stoke fear and anger in the otherwise rational minded ones.
    This is a good point to remember.  I know this guy who voted for Trump, not as a protest vote, but because he really thought Trump was the best choice in 2016.  I shake my head every time I think about it.  I'm baffled by him voting for Trump.  But if you take away the subject of politics, here is a damn fine fellow, someone who would give the shirt off his back to help a friend, or even a stranger.  He is generous, has a great sense of humor, loves the outdoors and solitude in nature and has served his community well as a wild lands firefighter.  Other than what I find to be his weird quirk of voting very right wing, there is absolutely nothing I would fault this man for.
    Serious question.
    Do you fault people for their political views?
    You have to ignore politics to view him as a good person?
    why can’t everyone acknowledge that the vast majority of people want what is best, we just have different opinions on how to accomplish that? It seems that so many believe those who oppose their political views must be evil or morally corrupt. I hate that. We just have different opinions.
  • mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    Americans.  We love war, we love to talk about war, we love to speculate about war.  But how many  of us really have any interest in being involved in a civil war?   To anyone who says they think this is going to happen, I would have to say, "Come on, are you kidding?  How many people do you know who want to be involved in a civil war in their own home town?"  Damn few.  This is just more sensationalist fodder and nonsense to plaster on the internet. 

El Dorado County (or, as I sometimes refer to it, Helldorado County) is the second most conservative state in California.   All of our representatives are highly conservative. We have more ROATS (ridiculously over-sized American Trucks), many with big American flags flying from their antennas or the the bed, and more Trump bumper stickers, and more greedy developers and more Republicans than you  can shake a stick at.  What a hoot, huh? 
    ah.....Well, California is funny like that.  I used to live in San Diego and worked in the defense industry where I'd say it's 80% conservative.  I grew up in TX and went to college at Texas A&M which is one of the most conservative schools in the country.   Basically, I've been around these folks much more than my own kind.   All I can say is that I know them, but I will never understand them.  
    I also lived in Ocean Beach which is supposedly 99% liberal, but I found most people there completely clueless in terms of world affairs. 

Bottom line, the world is a funny place.  There really are good people on both sides.  My problem with the Right rests mostly in the loudmouth types who stoke fear and anger in the otherwise rational minded ones.
    This is a good point to remember.  I know this guy who voted for Trump, not as a protest vote, but because he really thought Trump was the best choice in 2016.  I shake my head every time I think about it.  I'm baffled by him voting for Trump.  But if you take away the subject of politics, here is a damn fine fellow, someone who would give the shirt off his back to help a friend, or even a stranger.  He is generous, has a great sense of humor, loves the outdoors and solitude in nature and has served his community well as a wild lands firefighter.  Other than what I find to be his weird quirk of voting very right wing, there is absolutely nothing I would fault this man for.
    Serious question.
    why can’t everyone acknowledge that the vast majority of people want what is best, we just have different opinions on how to accomplish that? It seems that so many believe those who oppose their political views must be evil or morally corrupt. I hate that. We just have different opinions.

Mace...

Forgive me for saying this, but in every thread... whether consciously or not... you seem to be apologizing for the right and the right's messiah.

I'll answer you questions:

1. If someone's political views are damaging and impactful to others... I fault them.
    2. One isn't a good person if they are in support of ignorance. I won't look past their ignorance to pretend they are not ignorant.
    3. We don't all agree on what is best.
    4. The 'different opinion' rationale is not legitimate. Using extreme examples... the Nazis had a solution that encompassed 'what is best and how to accomplish it'. So did the Hutu people and the Serbs. And McDonald Trump on border security.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited July 2018
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

Serious question.

Mace...

Forgive me for saying this, but in every thread... whether consciously or not... you seem to be apologizing for the right and the right's messiah.

I'll answer you questions:

1. If someone's political views are damaging and impactful to others... I fault them.
    2. One isn't a good person if they are in support of ignorance. I won't look past their ignorance to pretend they are not ignorant.
    3. We don't all agree on what is best.
    4. The 'different opinion' rationale is not legitimate. Using extreme examples... the Nazis had a solution that encompassed 'what is best and how to accomplish it'. So did the Hutu people and the Serbs. And McDonald Trump on border security.
    I don’t see myself for apologizing for the right. But I’ve pointed out the far right views that many see lining up with the right are only the extreme examples.
    i would agree with the first 3 and the 4th in extreme scenarios. 
    I just asked the question because the vibe I got from Brian was “he’d be a great guy if he wasn’t conservative.” That wasn’t what he said, but that’s the vibe I got from the statement, and the vibe I get from many on the left.
    The problem is it seems like the left is very quick to assume the worst when you don’t agree. Maybe it exists on the right too, but it’s more obvious to me from the left because it’s seems more blatant on social media.
    you don’t have to look hard to find examples.
    Theres countless posts that accuse anyone who voted fot Trump as racist and sexist.
    I can outlined nearly every hot topic. The bathroom policy if the left would actually listen to the majority of the right, the don’t want to force a transgender to use the wrong bathroom, but just want some accountability and consistency behind it. Very few want less gun control, most want more. But I can support 100 different suggestions but when I mention I don’t agree with just 1 suggestion on that thread there’s a dozen posts saying I’m at fault for Sandy Hook and I have a small penis. Very few on the right want to do away with abortion, most just want some regulations like not permitting it after 20 weeks unless there’s a medical need. But those are always ignored, and it comes down to “if you don’t agree with me then you’re evil.”
    Ive said it before, I think it’s a serious problem and why nothing changes. When the impression is you either completely agree with me or you’re a Nazi, you’re going to get virtually no compromise or agreement on anything.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Mace...

To some of your post and speaking personally: the far left perspective isn't as kooky as the far right; however, nor is it the fairest or greatest perspective.

There is middle ground if you toss out the extremes, which are always going to exist.

There is also egg on the face of Trump voters and they are going to have to wear it, but I can say one could be forgiven for their error in judgement without being a racist or sexist; however, if one was to repeat their error... the labels fit in my mind- he's a flat out embarrassment.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

Serious question.
    I'm a white suburbanite (by birth; urban now) midwesterner.  I have more conservative friends than liberal friends.  ("Some of my best friends are conservative" LOL)

I would say of most* of them what you are saying, that we want what's best but differ on how to get there.  It's rooted, in my opinion, in different perceptions on why we have poverty.  If you take things like tax policies, how we shape our transportation network, etc., we've been able to have healthy debates.  Of course some of "what's best" is that they prefer a larger income gap and are kinda put off by the fact taht like 99% of the US poor have refrigerators.  It gets frustrating.
    *A couple are pretty much just heartless and buy into all the "I busted my ass" BS when their life was pretty much handed to them.

That said, I have a lot more of a difficult time with those who support social control driven by our un-official religion.  I still recall my facebook post after Minnesota (my state) became the first state to vote down a gay marriage amendment..."I don't usually post about politics but this is not "politics."  This is about equality and how we treat people...blah blah blah."  So, no, I don't respect at all those who think less of gays (or any group).  But to me that's not politics. 

But I'll acknowledge that today is different.  I remember presidents back to Reagan and I like some more than others (you can probably guess) but one thing I really believed about all of them is that they wanted what was best for the country.  45 is the only one that I really think is in the neighborhood of indifferent.  This is all about his ego.  And I'm losing respect for the people that don't question him.  That put him and "owning libs" first (and yes; I really believe a critical mass cares more about Trump and pissing off libs than they do the actual good of the country).  Most of the conservatives I mentioned above did not vote for him because they were able to put their red hats, jerseys, and foam fingers aside.  I was in Boston in 2016 (for the awesome Fenway shows) and my conservative buddy and I were looking at the Holocaust memorial and he says "some of those people supporting Trump should take a look at this to see what happens when you start scapegoating groups of people."  So part of my reply is that there are not just two kinds of people (i.e., one kind of conservative). 

So are there good people that disagree with me?  Of course.  But a lot of hoods have come off and there are a lot of people showing their true colors.  And these people I don't respect.  I don't respect the ones that buy into the notion that so many actual Americans are the enemy (be it press, libtards, people that look different, etc.).  I don't respect the ones that believe every prominent democrat should be "locked up."  These are the ones that are going to watch, with pleasure, our slow march toward authoritarianism (and yes, I do believe it is a realistic possibility).  They love America, but I don't know that they understand America.  And given how much they love America, it's astonishing how many Americans they hate.

So here's my "serious question" to you:  For all the frustration that this "left wing" echo chamber probably provides you, I hope you understand that out in "general internet land" it is the left that is constantly vilified.  It is "liberal" that is used as pejorative.  It is the left that gets labelled with these silly little catchphrases (cuck, virtue-signaling, libtard, and the like).  The internet is your echo chamber.  Do you ask them the same question?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Another serious question.  Am I supposed to respect this guy?

Because guys like this are a dime a dozen today.  But he just differs with me on whether brown-skinned guys with flags on their cars are evil.

And this question is not rhetorical.  Because sometimes I get the idea that I'm supposed to consider his feelings (fuck his feelings).  And that by badmouthing this guy I'm the one that's "uncivil."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    vaggar99 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    i thinks it wise for the Left to distance themselves from Antifa
    I think they do nor does the liberal or dem mouth pieces voice support or espouse their ideals. Can’t say the same of the other side. Where is the condemnation of Alex Jones from Team Trump Treason or any “responsible” member of the repubes? Their silence is endorsement. And again, we should be worried about Maxine Waters?
    Remember "whataboutism" is the tactic of the Right.  Let them have their conspiracies and name calling.  We will silently progress.
    That was Glen Becks MO.  Where's he now?
    he's begging CNN to by his failing network.
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

Serious question.
    i agree that vast majority wants whats best for themselves and in the short term.  That is why people vote for politicians who promise lower taxes without any plan to control the debt.  

truth is a lot of people on the Right, truly don't give a fuck about their country.  and just because a person owns a god damn 10ft wide American flag from Costco, well, that does not make you patriot.  Patriots pay taxes.  Not because they love paying taxes, but because they understand why we pay taxes.  

happy 4th.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2018
    vaggar99 said:
    so this guy implies that the Left wants a civil war.  that's news to me.  then he suggests that it would be a bad idea because he and his buddies have ALL the guns and that they would mow down every single pu$$y hat wearing one of us.  interesting.

Yes, there are people out there that think a civil war is coming.

Every reaction now just seems so extreme.  Civil war?  Ridiculous...

Alt-right and Antifa can go at it, lol.
    I just want to know how these people expect a Civil War like this to play out. How are they going to be able to identify the enemy? Clearly what they have in mind is for random civilians to start walking around fighting with someone... So how would they know who to attack? Do they shoot anyone not wearing a MAGA hat? Does that mean all the liberals just need to keep a MAGA hat in their closet and put it on once the liberal uprising happens? :lol: We can all go undercover as red neck, racist jackasses and stay perfectly safe!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    so this guy implies that the Left wants a civil war.  that's news to me.  then he suggests that it would be a bad idea because he and his buddies have ALL the guns and that they would mow down every single pu$$y hat wearing one of us.  interesting.

Yes, there are people out there that think a civil war is coming.

Every reaction now just seems so extreme.  Civil war?  Ridiculous...

Alt-right and Antifa can go at it, lol.
    I just want to know how these people expect a Civil War like this play out. How are they going to be able to identify the enemy? Clearly what they have in mind is for random civilians to start walking around fighting with someone... So how would they know who to attack? Do they shoot anyone not wearing a MAGA hat? Does that mean all the liberals just need to keep a MAGA hat in their closet and put it on once the liberal uprising happens? :lol: We can all go undercover as red neck, racist jackasses and stay perfectly safe!
    Chalk up everything you just wrote to things idiots don't have the brain capacity to think about. Not to mention, that in this stupid alternate reality, the flyover states would be fighting a war on 2 fronts in most occurrences, and 3 in others. Do they think France, Canada, UK and Germany wouldn't have a dog in that fight? I'll take my chances with the red neck revolution. Good luck. 
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • How's the civil war going?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

Serious question.

Serious answers:

I fault people for making poor voting choices or espousing politics if they haven't taken time to educate themselves.
    If they are basically good people but I find their political views seem foolish or uneducated, yes I try to ignore that character flaw.
    The vast majority... well, at least a large majority of people have an anthropocentric view of the world which is ultimately self- or species destroying.  I think we are all too selfish to a degree and many are WAY to self focused.
    I personally very seldom label someone morally corrupt or evil, unless I truly believe they are morally corrupt or evil.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Lmfao, ice cream at the mess tent, lol!

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Lol

Sounds like a great civil war!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2018
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    brianlux said:

Okay.... And how does one reconcile him being a "damn fine fellow" with voting for a man who is an admitted sexual predator who mocked a disabled person and has for years openly expressed his disdain for women, and who won't pay people for work they've done for him, and who is a huge scam artist (TrumpU), and who made a very obvious point of fueling the flames of racism during his campaign and even encouraged violence against opponents at his rallies. That's the problem. And it's not like all of that info wasn't REALLY out there. There is no way these things flew under this damn fine fellow's radar. How can someone be a very wonderful person, but still find it in him or herself to actually vote for someone who is like that? Who behaved the way Trump did during his campaign and who got the support from the people he did, just on a moral level? I don't really see how it's possible, assuming the voter is a fully functioning adult. I have yet to ever see any Trump voter adequately justify this. The best excuse is that money, and/or maybe just random blind change, is more important than just basic morality and decency and the most basic level of respect for women and minorities and the disabled. Obviously that excuse doesn't cut it if we're looking for good, moral, caring Trump voters...... I simply cannot reconcile this at all. I would like to, but I can't.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:

Isn't this old footage?

Next time the guy should use something bigger than a selfie stick to hit a muscle bound Nazi (or else he'll likely get knocked out again).

I also get a kick out of the nazi guy with the neoprene knee braces at around the 11 second mark to the right of the screen. If the selfie stick swinger wanted to do better in a scrap... he should have tried to pick a fight with him.
    Apparently it was last weekend and news reports said it was an expandable baton, did you hear differently?
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited July 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Isn't this old footage?

Apparently it was last weekend and news reports said it was an expandable baton, did you hear differently?

Nope. It happened Sunday I guess.

Today I was perusing Twitter and the same clip came up. Interestingly, I was stalking Alex Jones (trying to get an update on the big civil war lol).

If anyone with half a brain wants to see something unbelievable... spend five minutes on that Twitter timeline. Eesh.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Drilling for fear makes the job simple.
    Boom!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    vaggar99 said:
    I often get accused of being Antifa just for standing up to racists and homo/transphobes online.
    The far right love conflating said actions with Antifa.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • vaggar99 said:
    I often get accused of being Antifa just for standing up to racists and homo/transphobes online.

Did the Australians stay up all night to watch footage of the US civil war?
    vaggar99 said:

Did the Australians stay up all night to watch footage of the US civil war?
    lol. It beats the World Cup that's for sure.
    it was too rainy where i am today for civil war.  maybe next year.
  • vaggar99 said:

So a rain out? The civil war got rained out. Stupid rain.

Gawddammit.

This guy was practicing for weeks for the civil war:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfDjvhsdQoo
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    How's the civil war going?
    It's been delayed by faulty charcoal briquets that won't light properly giving the vegetarian commies extra time to reload their potato guns and spit-wad sling shots.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    How's the civil war going?
    It's been delayed by faulty charcoal briquets that won't light properly giving the vegetarian commies extra time to reload their potato guns and spit-wad sling shots.

Obama's fault.

* Congrats on your book- it looks awesome!
    vaggar99 said:

So a rain out? The civil war got rained out. Stupid rain.

Gawddammit.

This guy was practicing for weeks for the civil war:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfDjvhsdQoo
    lol run!