Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2018
    dankind said:
    Hobbes said:

I was trying to remember her name after the movie, so I Googled "Solo teenage girl." I had to clear my browser history afterward. The Internet is a fucking cesspool.
    It is there now -- no way to remove it!
    It's like that running joke in one of the Ted movies.

Actually, I've had this happen with other innocent web searches and didn't think much of it until I started to get all sorts of emails and text messages from hot and horny chicks in my area who wanted to fuck me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the cache and data clearing helped me to avoid a repeat. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I saw it yesterday

Overall, better than I expected.  A good, light fun movie.  I don't have much of a problem with it...  Lando was a dead ringer and believable.  Woody Harrelson and Daenarys were great.  Some origins of certain things were done well...  I will definitely take it over no Star Wars movie

I thought the Han Solo actor was terrible, or at least was a blatant mis-cast.  A lot of his delivery reminded me of the one kid from Eurotrip.  It wasnt movie-ruining, but certainly limited immersion.  If they were able to land a Lando-type ringer, the movie would have been much cleaner.  I thought it should have been carved up into under 2 hours minimum.  Some of the CGI was overloaded at times as well.  

*Spoilers below

Also, I thought there were about 4 character turns too many at the end.  It was to the point of being absurd and almost like a parody.  

Lastly, I don't know what to think of the Darth Maul inclusion.  I guess I will wait and see how they roll that out.  I get that "Crimson Dawn" needed to be 'somebody' as they with-held that all movie... but I don't know, the physics of Star Wars is when someone goes down the shaft, they are a goner.... I get that things happened in cartoons, and graphic novels and all sorts of other shit I dont have time for... but those arent real "canon".  Just seems like a convenient marketable bad guy they will have in the fold for once they kill off Kylo Ren in Episode IX.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I saw it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I went in there not that excited and expecting a poor movie but went out satisfied and would definitely see it again. I think the guy that played Han did good. I loved the Chewie story that was the best part.
    One thing that I don't understand and like is Darth Maul, it left me confused and going over the Star Wars timeline in my head, if the empire is ruling the galaxy during Solo then Darth Vader would be the Sith Lord around that epoc? How the f*** is Maul there? Didn't he die in Ep1?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I saw it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I went in there not that excited and expecting a poor movie but went out satisfied and would definitely see it again. I think the guy that played Han did good. I loved the Chewie story that was the best part.
    One thing that I don't understand and like is Darth Maul, it left me confused and going over the Star Wars timeline in my head, if the empire is ruling the galaxy during Solo then Darth Vader would be the Sith Lord around that epoc? How the f*** is Maul there? Didn't he die in Ep1?
    Darth Maul = Snoke
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    lol no chance

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Just read a theory that Qu'ira could be Rey's mother.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Future spin-offs are being put on hold
    I miss igotid88
    Yeah I read that. 
    I think it's best to leave years between each movie otherwise it's just overkill and gives people Star Wars fatigue.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Damn, just sat down for a 3:50 show of Solo, and as I was typing this a couple people joined me in the theatre. Up until then I was...solo, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Some people are trying to start a campaign to remake The Last Jedi. I mean really?
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    igotid88 said:
    Some people are trying to start a campaign to remake The Last Jedi. I mean really?
    Some people are losers
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    igotid88 said:
    Some people are losers

most star wars fans are.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    Some people are losers

most star wars fans are.
    Like me haha
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I like The Last Jedi less every time I think about it, but the idea of crowdsourcing funds to remake it is asinine.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    haha
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited July 2018
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ^^^ Love it!!
    It's such a great parody of the complaints the fanboys have on the film.
    There were definitely some things not executed very well, but most of the criticism is bullshit.  Whiney little babies that are all pissy because Luke isn't a perfect(ly) boring hero and Leia has Force powers, all insecure because they can't handle a female lead heroine who isn't a stereotyped pile of poop.
    That poster shows the movie they really want.  No change, nothing new, just feed us the same damn shit but somehow manage to make it bigger, better, and more badass.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Happy to hear Luke will be back.
    will it never stop???

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I miss igotid88
    what up, nerds?????

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I don't know why they just don't sign Ewan Mcgreger up for a Obi Wan trilogy.  I'd look forward to that more than episode 9. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:
    I don't know why they just don't sign Ewan Mcgreger up for a Obi Wan trilogy.  I'd look forward to that more than episode 9. 
    Even just one!
    Is there anything in the canon that excludes the possibility of Vader and Obi Wan crossing paths when Luke is still a young child?
    Or just give us an Obi vs. Darth Maul movie.  Everyone wants to see that, why the fuck did they make Rogue One and Solo when they could have given us more of the Jedi/Sith action we crave.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I liked Solo and Rogue One...and agree that one-off movies around interesting characters would be cool.
    How about focus on the baddies, some.
    A Vader one.
    A Jabba The Load one.
    Lando would be great. 
    Clearly Obi Wan would be interesting.
    As much as I like Star Wars, not everything has to be in sets of three.  Some quick, fun, movies would be cool.  If you move around in the timeline all over and vary them some, we might not even get sick of one every year or two.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I liked Solo and Rogue One...and agree that one-off movies around interesting characters would be cool.
    A Vader one.
    A Jabba The Load one.
    Lando would be great. 
    As much as I like Star Wars, not everything has to be in sets of three.  Some quick, fun, movies would be cool.  If you move around in the timeline all over and vary them some, we might not even get sick of one every year or two.
    Meesa thinks yous forgetting a one!
    Jason P said:
    A Vader one.
    A Jabba The Load one.
    Lando would be great. 
    Meesa thinks yous forgetting a one!
    :lol:

Nope.