2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    BigRed21 said:
    I still don't understand why there's not an option when you buy tickets to a show to pre-purchase the poster and have it shipped and delivered after the fact.  I think the positives would far outweigh the negatives.  It would be awesome to be at a show that you can strictly enjoy the venue, the people and the band and not stand in a merch line for hours and hours and then worry about your tube all night.

great idea!
  • jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    demetrios said:
    That’s not how it went down, but you’re free to believe whatever you want. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    BigRed21 said:
    I still don't understand why there's not an option when you buy tickets to a show to pre-purchase the poster and have it shipped and delivered after the fact.  I think the positives would far outweigh the negatives.  It would be awesome to be at a show that you can strictly enjoy the venue, the people and the band and not stand in a merch line for hours and hours and then worry about your tube all night.
    Dave Matthews is offering this for some shows, to its Warehouse members.  
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    demetrios said:
    Greenkomodo... the deep throat of postergate. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,710
    mcgruff10 said:
    MedozK said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Remember when going to a concert was fun?????
    Remember when everyone said the merch situation is only bad in the US? 
    Don't forget you have a lot of Americans traveling to shows. They know the drill and how to help fund these trips.
    People legit do this? 
    They do
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    demetrios said:
    That’s not how it went down, but you’re free to believe whatever you want. 
    So what "went down" then?  Nothing should "go down"  open the merch stalls,  sell the merch.  what else happened?
    Name him. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Oh the drama
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    demetrios said:

This kind of sounds like this...

Wow this is such a shame.  My wife went in just after 4 while I wait for our gig buddies...

All sold out.   I’m looking at a guy with 3 posters waiting at the gate to hand them out to non gig goers.  I think it’s time to forget merch as us separating seems like a bad way to do this trip!!!!! 

I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,488
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:
    Greenkomodo... the deep throat of postergate. 
    omertà!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Seattlebatman and Ninersfan are back! Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    I’ve already stated what happened earlier in the thread. The stands were supposed to open at noon per the email from the 10 Club. The security there was saying they would open at 4. A fan showed up that spoke Italian and talks to a guy with the merch stands and he says they will sell prints and nothing else. That’s what the did. There was no back room deal or corruption. No one that I saw bought 20 posters. It was a real cluster F, but only because they didn’t open like described. 
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    everyday i read this thread and everyday i am reminded of why i am so happy to be out of the merch game 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    I’ve already stated what happened earlier in the thread. The stands were supposed to open at noon per the email from the 10 Club. The security there was saying they would open at 4. A fan showed up that spoke Italian and talks to a guy with the merch stands and he says they will sell prints and nothing else. That’s what the did. There was no back room deal or corruption. No one that I saw bought 20 posters. It was a real cluster F, but only because they didn’t open like described. 
    Odd that multiple people that have no relation with each other on Facebook are saying people in fact did buy more then 2 posters. You did not see that at all?
  • ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    woah

• Don’t give up. We just walked in and they brought about a dozen more to the tent. Not sure if they’re holding them and staggering the distribution. 
  • Don’t give up. We just walked in and they brought about a dozen more to the tent. Not sure if they’re holding them and staggering the distribution. 
    For what it’s worth they weren’t letting anyone buy more than one.
    POSTERGATE 2018
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    ajaxbro said:
    woah

LMAO
    PJNB said:
    Odd that multiple people that have no relation with each other on Facebook are saying people in fact did buy more then 2 posters. You did not see that at all?
    Had they gotten a poster would they be bitching on Facebook?  Doubtful. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    PJNB said:
    Not sure what that has to do with multiple posters being sold but I guess you would be right. They would probably be defending the set up to be honest. 

Kidding!
  • PJNB said:
    Actually they would have and it has been done before
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    ajaxbro said:
    woah

best post of the year,  someone buy this person a beer....that is funny as hell 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    PJNB said:
    Do you know how stupid this sounds when you’re taking about the morning of the gig. 
  • crashing88crashing88 Posts: 197
    edited June 2018
    At the Rome show now. Posters are all sold out. People were buying multiples which I thought wasn't allowed. Didn't get one. Oh well here's to what will be an epic show!!!
    Post edited by crashing88 on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Lukin19 said:
    The eleven club - he/she mocks us openly 
    Picked him up some merch in 2016. Said he missed out because his child was sick and couldn't line up for merch.  Everything I got him was on eBay the day it arrived.   
    Can you PM me his username?  Dont want to help people out who pull that stuff
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    For the Home/Away shows there should be plenty of posters like last time. Maybe for artists like Emek, Munk, etc they should up the run for these normal tour shows
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    D-Rod said:
    ajaxbro said:
    woah

best post of the year,  someone buy this person a beer....that is funny as hell 
    I agree
    I say somebody buy this guy a PJ poster.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    js261067 said:
    What is the real world cost to the club to do a reprint?  Naff all.  Just make a statement saying they guarantee Anyone who wants a poster can order one in the shop after the show and shit like this will die overnight.

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    For the Home/Away shows there should be plenty of posters like last time. Maybe for artists like Emek, Munk, etc they should up the run for these normal tour shows
    I hope it’s less than 5-6 designs per show. For my wallet mostly lol
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016