Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    Scruffy is stupid for not liking Riot Act

There, I said it. 
    Definitely some great songs in there but the majority are terrible. You are is the absolute worst pj song ever made. I d take a 49 minute version of Sweet Lew over that song. 
    Beyond stupid. 
    True - I take it back McGruff, you really are stupid. :lol:;)
    I truly hate the song.  I literally get pissed off when it comes on because it is so bad.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    typical. create a problem, then attempt to fix it to look like the hero if it passes or the democrats looks like the evil ones when it doesn't because they packaged it with shit that cannot be accepted. 

this admin is fucking evil. 
    what would you deem "shit" in this bill?
    more wall bullshit. provisions that allow the government to detain kids for undefined amounts of time. merit based immigration. give us your tired, indeed. change that to "give us your skilled, your energetic, your middle class". 
    Is that quote from the canada's immigration webpage?
    haha. the canada. 

no, ours is "give us everyone you've got, just please leave your nailbombs at the door". 
    My bad, damn phone. You guys are pretty particular in who you let in; why can’t the United States be the same?
    Once again, we should leave them with their parents and give them “free” train tickets straight to Canada where they can get “free” healthcare and a much better education.  Would cost way less than holding them indefinitely.  The USA cannot even take care of the current citizens needs, so why keep throwing fuel on the fire?  Would Canadian citizens be willing to take on all of these immigrants?

canada actually lets in WAY more immigrants per percentage of population than the US does. more than double the percentage, actually. 

https://www.immigroup.com/news/immigration-united-states-america-vs-canada
    What’s a few more :). And that is “per percentage of the population”. The link you provided explains that the US takes in WAY more immigrants, but also had a larger population of citizens already...looks like Canada has got the room.The US is at capacity and Canada has the free healthcare and better education for them.

yeah, cause that makes so much sense. obviously you take in what your economy can handle. your economy is 10X that of ours. 

free healthcare ain't free. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:
    So when do we go from saying we're taking these kids away to give them "baths" to we're taking them away to give them "showers?"

What's right is reich.
    That's insane.  
    No kidding. Certainly technology has advanced to the point where we would use them as organ donors instead of just wasting all that precious stuff!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    typical. create a problem, then attempt to fix it to look like the hero if it passes or the democrats looks like the evil ones when it doesn't because they packaged it with shit that cannot be accepted. 

more wall bullshit. provisions that allow the government to detain kids for undefined amounts of time. merit based immigration. give us your tired, indeed. change that to "give us your skilled, your energetic, your middle class". 
    haha. the canada. 

no, ours is "give us everyone you've got, just please leave your nailbombs at the door". 
    My bad, damn phone. You guys are pretty particular in who you let in; why can’t the United States be the same?
    Once again, we should leave them with their parents and give them “free” train tickets straight to Canada where they can get “free” healthcare and a much better education.  Would cost way less than holding them indefinitely.  The USA cannot even take care of the current citizens needs, so why keep throwing fuel on the fire?  Would Canadian citizens be willing to take on all of these immigrants?

canada actually lets in WAY more immigrants per percentage of population than the US does. more than double the percentage, actually. 

What’s a few more :). And that is “per percentage of the population”. The link you provided explains that the US takes in WAY more immigrants, but also had a larger population of citizens already...looks like Canada has got the room.The US is at capacity and Canada has the free healthcare and better education for them.

yeah, cause that makes so much sense. obviously you take in what your economy can handle. your economy is 10X that of ours. 

free healthcare ain't free
    So right you are.  Would not the added immigration of quality working families help Canada’s economy?seems to me that more immigration is just what Canada needs.  Maybe I should start a petition.

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

So right you are.  Would not the added immigration of quality working families help Canada’s economy?seems to me that more immigration is just what Canada needs.  Maybe I should start a petition.

Canada's problem is a lack of infrastructure outside of its largest cities. All of the immigrants go to the biggest cities, while all the smaller cities and towns flounder and continue to lose their younger populations. IMO, Immigration Canada needs to somehow find a way to direct a lot more new immigrants into all those smaller places so that they can eventually grow into bigger cities. Our population needs to spread out WAY more, and we need to more highly skilled immigrants to live in the smaller communities for a good long time. Right now, a big portion of the immigrants coming in are kind of just resulting in new problems in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

How about just stop with the separation of children from their parents , i'm all for immigration reform ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

have at it. we'll see where that leads. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

Canada's problem is a lack of infrastructure outside of its largest cities. All of the immigrants go to the biggest cities, while all the smaller cities and towns flounder and continue to lose their younger populations. IMO, Immigration Canada needs to somehow find a way to direct a lot more new immigrants into all those smaller places so that they can eventually grow into bigger cities. Our population needs to spread out WAY more, and we need to more highly skilled immigrants to live in the smaller communities for a good long time. Right now, a big portion of the immigrants coming in are kind of just resulting in new problems in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
    The US is actually suffering from the exact same problems, as was also pointed out in the article Hugh linked.  They are creating major issues in the already overpopulated cities.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

The US is actually suffering from the exact same problems, as was also pointed out in the article Hugh linked.  They are creating major issues in the cities.
    What issues?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

The US is actually suffering from the exact same problems, as was also pointed out in the article Hugh linked.  They are creating major issues in the cities.
    What issues?
    I would assume similar ones to the ones that you referred to in Canada’s cities.  What issues arise in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver.  I bet similar ones to Houston and LA.
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

What issues?
    I would assume similar ones to the ones that you referred to in Canada’s cities.  What issues arise in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver.  I bet similar ones to Houston and LA.
    I asked first - what are they in your opinion?
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

and sending them to more rural communities hasn't been the best either. not exactly all welcoming folks. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

What issues?
    Overfilled classrooms, poverty, homelessness, turf wars, really any ills that link to overpopulation.

PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

What issues?
    Overfilled classrooms, homelessness, turf wars, really any ills that link to overpopulation.

overburden on the already overburderned healthcare system is a big one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

What issues?
    Overfilled classrooms, homelessness, turf wars, really any ills that link to overpopulation.

overburden on the already overburderned healthcare system is a big one. 
    I agree.
    edited June 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

What issues?
    Overfilled classrooms, poverty, homelessness, turf wars, really any ills that link to overpopulation.

Oh. Nope, that isn't what the problems are up here in terms of immigrants all coming to the largest cities IMO. We do have those issues (minus the turf wars... was that just a nice way or saying racism or what? Or are you talking about gang activity?? I would consider that a completely separate issue from immigration), but they are not attributable to immigration for the most part (especially not abject poverty or homelessness), and even if they were, I'd blame the pathetic failure of the local governments to adjust to a changing and growing population, not on too many immigrants moving in. Why do you think legal immigration is causing poverty and homelessness?? Are there a lot of homeless legal immigrants in American cities?? I've never heard that.

The problems our cities are facing are things like ESL funding for immigrants and how that effects the classrooms and learning outcomes, income being sent overseas instead of being reinvested into the local economies, multigenerational and extended families living in one household, which messes with municipal tax revenue, and, yes, some culture clash in areas where the first generation immigrant populations outnumber 2nd+ generation Canadians. Canadians don't tend to be particularly racist as a people - we're really quite open-minded when it comes to ethnic differences - but racism (albeit mostly very passive, not aggressive) does sometimes still grow when you've got issues like immigrants running businesses in the same way businesses tend to be run in their native countries, when those methods are considered completely unacceptable (sometimes illegal) in Canada. And such methods are made possible only when there is a real concentration of immigrants who do this in one place - where large communities grow so that they can kind of maintain their own micro-economies within their communities. There is also some so-called "reverse racism" (a completely stupid term) that can also build tensions between mostly 1st generation immigrants and everyone else.

That said, these culture clash issues are ones that I think work themselves out over a generation or two ... it's just that it's kept alive as new immigrants keep arriving. Since this whole issue really stems from a concentration and self-segregation of new immigrant communities, I'm sure such tensions would be alleviated if those people were spread out across the country more rather building their own foreign communities within a few large cities. I say that as a point that is secondary to the main reason immigrants should be spread out more in way more locations, which is because all those towns simply really need to grow their populations to justify infrastructure improvements, which would in turn allow all Canadians to spread out more, so that the biggest cities can stop suffering from this terrible problem of housing unaffordability (which is not due to immigration at all, but is partly due to foreign ownership/property speculation).

An overburdened healthcare system, yes, that is a legit issue too in Canada, given its universal system, and the fact that many immigrants can get their elderly relatives in, who don't work or really contribute taxes but instead just create a burden in healthcare; I am opposed to the fact that that is allowed .... I'm fairly appalled that that should be an issue in the USA though; talk about a broken, fucked up system, all things considered.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

haha. the canada. 

, and Vancouver.
    What issues?

Oh. Nope, that isn't what the problems are up here in terms of immigrants all coming to the largest cities IMO. We do have those issues (minus the turf wars... was that just a nice way or saying racism or what? Or are you talking about gang activity?? I would consider that a completely separate issue from immigration), but they are not attributable to immigration for the most part (especially not abject poverty or homelessness), and even if they were, I'd blame the pathetic failure of the local governments to adjust to a changing and growing population, not on too many immigrants moving in. Why do you think legal immigration is causing poverty and homelessness?? Are there a lot of homeless legal immigrants in American cities?? I've never heard that.

The problems our cities are facin are things like ESL funding for immigrants and how that effects the classrooms and learning outcomes, income being sent overseas instead of being reinvested into the local economies, multigenerational and extended families living in one household, which messes with municipal tax revenue, and, yes, some culture clash in areas where the first generation immigrant populations outnumber 2nd+ generation Canadians. Canadians don't tend to be particularly racist as a people - we're really quite open-minded when it comes to ethnic differences - but racism (albeit mostly very passive, not aggressive) does sometimes still grow when you've got issues like immigrants running businesses in the same way businesses tend to be run in their native countries, when those methods are considered completely unacceptable (sometimes hillegal) in Canada. And such methods are made possible only when there is a real concentration of immigrants who do this in one place - where large communities grow so that they can kind of maintain their own micro-economies within their communities. There is also some so-called "reverse racism" (a completely stupid term) that can also build tensions between mostly 1st generation immigrants and everyone else.

That said, these culture clash issuenns are ones that I think work themselves out over a generation or two ... it's just that it's kept alive as new immigrants keep arriving. Since this whole issue really stems from a concentration and self-segregation of new immigrant communities, I'm sure such tensions would be alleviated if those people were spread out across the country more rather building their own foreign communities within a few large cities. I say that as a point that is secondary to the main reason immigrants should be spread out more in way more locations, which is because all those towns simply really need to grow their populations to justify infrastructure improvements, which would in turn allow all Canadians to spread out more, so that the biggest cities can stop suffering from this terrible problem of housing unaffordability (which is not due to immigration at all, but is partly due to foreign ownership/property speculation).

An overburdened healthcare system, yes, that is a legit issue too in Canada, given its universal system, and the fact that many immigrants can get their elderly relatives in, who don't work or really contribute taxes but instead just create a burden in healthcare; I am opposed to the fact that that is allowed .... I'm fairly appalled that that should be an issue in the USA though; talk about a broken, fucked up system, all things considered.
    I would say that the US experiences many of the same issues, just compounded with way more people immigrating here legally and illegally. 

edited June 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

, and Vancouver.
    What issues?

The problems our cities are facin are things like ESL funding for immigrants and how that effects the classrooms and learning outcomes, income being sent overseas instead of being reinvested into the local economies, multigenerational and extended families living in one household, which messes with municipal tax revenue, and, yes, some culture clash in areas where the first generation immigrant populations outnumber 2nd+ generation Canadians. Canadians don't tend to be particularly racist as a people - we're really quite open-minded when it comes to ethnic differences - but racism (albeit mostly very passive, not aggressive) does sometimes still grow when you've got issues like immigrants running businesses in the same way businesses tend to be run in their native countries, when those methods are considered completely unacceptable (sometimes hillegal) in Canada. And such methods are made possible only when there is a real concentration of immigrants who do this in one place - where large communities grow so that they can kind of maintain their own micro-economies within their communities. There is also some so-called "reverse racism" (a completely stupid term) that can also build tensions between mostly 1st generation immigrants and everyone else.

That said, these culture clash issuenns are ones that I think work themselves out over a generation or two ... it's just that it's kept alive as new immigrants keep arriving. Since this whole issue really stems from a concentration and self-segregation of new immigrant communities, I'm sure such tensions would be alleviated if those people were spread out across the country more rather building their own foreign communities within a few large cities. I say that as a point that is secondary to the main reason immigrants should be spread out more in way more locations, which is because all those towns simply really need to grow their populations to justify infrastructure improvements, which would in turn allow all Canadians to spread out more, so that the biggest cities can stop suffering from this terrible problem of housing unaffordability (which is not due to immigration at all, but is partly due to foreign ownership/property speculation).

I would say that the US experiences many of the same issues, just compounded with way more people immigrating here legally and illegally. 

Illegal immigration is a whole other subject. I don't really see why the number of legal immigrants would matter so much, because the USA doesn't have the problem of the vast majority of immigrants only moving into 3 cities.... Yes, there are way more immigrants, but there are also WAY more cities to which they go, right? The ratio of immigrants to population size and number of large cities would work out in this context, no? Basically what I'm saying is that, aside from America's much worse racism problem, I see no reason why legal immigration would be a bigger "problem" in America than it is in Canada unless one doesn't like it for much less logistical reasons than the ones I mentioned. In fact, the USA is experiencing the same issue that Canada is: immigration is absolutely necessary to keep the population stable and growing to accommodate a capitalist system, and since immigrants have more places they want to spread out to in the US, this idea actually should be working better in the US than it is in Canada. If the USA is still experiencing the same kinds of problems I just mentioned even though immigrants go to way more places, then I'd say the US doesn't have a legal immigrant "problem". It has a bureaucratic/political/elitist problem, in that the bureaucrats and politicians and rich people love their ever-growing capitalist system but refuse to accommodate the need for a growing population to maintain it.
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

, and Vancouver.
    What issues?

The problems our cities are facin are things like ESL funding for immigrants and how that effects the classrooms and learning outcomes, income being sent overseas instead of being reinvested into the local economies, multigenerational and extended families living in one household, which messes with municipal tax revenue, and, yes, some culture clash in areas where the first generation immigrant populations outnumber 2nd+ generation Canadians. Canadians don't tend to be particularly racist as a people - we're really quite open-minded when it comes to ethnic differences - but racism (albeit mostly very passive, not aggressive) does sometimes still grow when you've got issues like immigrants running businesses in the same way businesses tend to be run in their

Illegal immigration is a whole other subject. I don't really see why the number of legal immigrants would matter so much, because the USA doesn't have the problem of the vast majority of immigrants only moving into 3 cities.... Yes, there are way more immigrants, but there are also WAY more cities to which they go, right? The ratio of immigrants to population size and number of large cities would work out in this context, no? Basically what I'm saying is that, aside from America's much worse racism problem, I see no reason why legal immigration would be a bigger "problem" in America than it is in Canada unless one doesn't like it for much less logistical reasons than the ones I mentioned. In fact, the USA is experiencing the same issue that Canada is: immigration is absolutely necessary to keep the population stable and growing to accommodate a capitalist system, and since immigrants have more places they want to spread out to in the US, this idea actually should be working better in the US than it is in Canada. If the USA is still experiencing the same kinds of problems I just mentioned even though immigrants go to way more places, then I'd say the US doesn't have a legal immigrant "problem". It has a bureaucratic/political/elitist problem, in that the bureaucrats and politicians and rich people love their ever-growing capitalist system but refuse to accommodate the need for a growing population to maintain it.
    No, the US has an illegal immigration problem.  Sure the legal ones may spread out, but coming from the south, they do not migrate to cities in the north at the same rate.  It would be wonderful it everyone was spread out, but a few states carry the burden of the whole country.  What then, force them to spread out?  That is a whole other humanitarian crisis.  I mean, who wants to be forced to live in Chicago, lol

Post edited by PJPOWER on
    edited June 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

, and Vancouver.
    What issues?

The problems our cities are facin are things like ESL funding for immigrants and how that effects the classrooms and learning outcomes, income being sent overseas instead of being reinvested into the local economies, multigenerational and extended families living in one household, which messes with municipal tax revenue, and, yes, some culture clash in areas where the first generation immigrant populations outnumber 2nd+ generation Canadians. Canadians don't tend to be particularly racist as a people - we're really quite open-minded when it comes to ethnic differences - but racism (albeit mostly very passive, not aggressive) does sometimes still grow when you've got issues like immigrants running businesses in the same way businesses tend to be run in their

No, the US has an illegal immigration problem.  Sure the legal ones may spread out, but coming from the south, they do not migrate to cities in the north at the same rate.  It would be wonderful it everyone was spread out, but a few states carry the burden of the whole country.  What then, force them to spread out?  That is a whole other humanitarian crisis.  I mean, who wants to be forced to live in Chicago, lol

Yeah, that's why I clearly separated the issue of legal immigration and illegal immigration. I don't think illegal immigration and legal immigration have anything in common besides the fact that both parties experience a terrible amount of racism in America (and some in Canada, but not nearly as bad).
    You don't force people who are already settled to move obviously. You make these changes moving forward, i.e. create immigration rules that dedicate new immigrants to start their lives in their new country in places that have a need for their skills and need for population boosts. For example, if an immigrant doctor applies, then they are seriously fast tracked through to citizenship as long as they fill that much needed opening for a doctor in that small town where their local GP just retired, and stay in the position (and therefore live in that community) for a minimum of 7 years. The same would work for all kinds of skilled people and for towns and industries that need them. That kind of thing. I'm not talking about some kind of totalitarian tactic of forcing people to live where they don't want to go.
    I know the kids wanna be free to be outside doing what kids do having fun not being housed in empty old warehouses or tent city's ....
    edited June 2018
    I know the kids wanna be free to be outside doing what kids do having fun not being housed in empty old warehouses or tent city's ....
    This whole thing with the kids is absolutely fucking disgusting, and I really can't believe there aren't swarms of people from every walk of society rioting outside that Walmart right now in protest. Seriously.
    Give them xboxes and they would just be living the normal life of kids in the USA...
    PJPOWER said:
    Give them xboxes and they would just be living the normal life of kids in the USA...
    ok nice human you are nice to see your true colors coming out , enjoy your fathers day weekend just remember there's 11 thousand kids who won't be seeing their dad's or mom's ....gfy politely ...
    edited June 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    Way to minimize one of the most horrific things occurring in your nation today, and being perpetrated by your own government. Holy shit. With you here with that comment combined with the gems from rolemodels over on the porch about how Trump's desire to be a dictator is funny, i almost makes a person want to just give up in disgust. Almost.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Way to minimize one of the most horrific things occurring in your nation today, and being perpetrated by your own government. Holy shit. With you here with that comment combined with the gems from rolemodels over on the porch about how Trump's desire to be a dictator is funny, i almost makes a person want to just give up in disgust. Almost.
    I thought it was funny.

now - in the grand scheme of things this weird outrage over these kids spending 80% of their time indoors is kinda strange to me and missing the entire point that they shouldn’t be there to begin with...unless their families are there too during this process.
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited June 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I thought it was funny.

now - in the grand scheme of things this weird outrage over these kids spending 80% of their time indoors is kinda strange to me and missing the entire point that they shouldn’t be there to begin with...unless their families are there too during this process.
    Agreed, although keeping whole families with kids in prison really wouldn't be too much better. But the reason there is outrage over the 80% spent inside is because the condition in which these kids are living matters, whether they should be there in the first place or not (they shouldn't). Plus, the 80% of time inside combines with the conditions they are experiencing inside, of course, and those conditions are bad. Apparently there is 40 square feet per child in that place. The worse the conditions, the more harmful it is to the children. I don't think the outrage about unacceptable conditions in an already unacceptable scenario is weird at all. Just wait until this children's tent city thing happens (if it does).... Now THAT will be a real horror.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Wow, some people have their panties in a wad.  I was more so poking fun at the US kids spending all of their time indoors.  What an overreaction...
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I thought it was funny.

Some people are foaming at the mouth to demonize others...oh well, on with life.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Got any plans for Father's Day? 

https://youtu.be/j4KaLkYxMZ8
    I SAW PEARL JAM