Pearl Jam Art Of Do The Evolution Hardcover . 25th Anniversary of Music Video

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Direct market may have a crack at it before retail. It could be earlier if you order through your local comic shop.

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Waiting for this thing to come out has been like...

Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Waiting for this thing to come out has been like...

:lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Direct market may have a crack at it before retail. It could be earlier if you order through your local comic shop.

And if 10club sold copies, you're looking at 1st quarter 2020 till they arrive to Canada. :p
    j/k

A WW1 British Soldier layout for the video.

• Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    argh!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06

Happy Monday all. I've been in touch with IDW about the "Art of Do the Evolution" book which I've written and has been in design at IDW for a while now. They've now committed firmly to a Fall release for this year. I know this is a considerable delay from the initial announcements regarding the book's original release plans, but the good news is that it IS coming out and will look and read fantastic. Thanks for your patience.

^ Yay!!!!!! :star:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I'M READY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    One of the more popular images from the video was the "Skull Pilot". It was created and boarded by the video's director, Kevin Altieri, and final designed by Young Ki Yoon. Here's the model sheet.

• thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
    thebends9 said:

Sweet!!!

collectionzz It's EVOLUTION BABY! Our 2nd Art of #dotheevolution #art event is on 5/1/18 at 2pm EST. All info on COLLECTIONZZ.com! #pearljam #eddievedder #music #toddmcfarlane #spawn #comics #originalart #comicart #grunge #grungemusic #collecting #collector

HUGE news! The gents at Collectionzz have just made available a new set of original art and cells from "Do the Evolution". They've done a fantastic job of assembling presenting the material and their prices are fair and reasonable. Now's your chance to own a piece of the Evolution rock 

https://reserve.collectionzz.com/?utm_source=Collectionzz.com&utm_medium=Countdown page&utm_campaign=20180216event&utm_content=Flash Sale Page to Preview 

welcome to the second art of 'do the evolution' event

We are thrilled to be able to present the second installment of our Art of Do The Evolution Event. These pieces of Pearl Jam and animation history are offered exclusively to Collectionzz members. 'Do The Evolution' was a landmark achievement in animation, conceived and designed by true visionaries in animation; such as Todd McFarlane, Kevin Altieri, Joe Pearson, Terry Fitzgerald, Jim Mitchell and Brad Coombs (and many more). 

All storyboards, designs, layout, animation, animation clean up, ink and paint, background paintings, EFX and camera were done by hand. It was a labor-intensive process involving close to 60 artists and technicians in L.A. and Seoul. The items that will be available are truly one of a kind pieces of Pearl Jam and animation history. To put the scarcity of these items in context, there are less than 100 of the original storyboards in existence. 

This event could not be possible without Joe Pearson of Epoch Ink Animation, the video's co-producer. Joe has been the overseer of these materials for twenty years, and in advance of the publication of his book 'Pearl Jam: Art Of Do The Evolution' (available for presale now on Amazon), thought it was time to get these historic pieces into the hands of fans and collectors. There will never be another time when all of these pieces will be in one place, at one time, ever again; so this is likely your one and only time to acquire these! 

The event will begin on May 1, 2018 at 2:00pm EST on Collectionzz. All items include a Certificate of Authenticity from Collectionzz, and letter from 'Do The Evolution' co-producer Joe Pearson.

feature-row__image

From Conception...

Numerous creative forces, including Eddie Vedder himself, mapped the video through the use of very detailed storyboards.

feature-row__image

To Design...

Once the storyboards are created, artists carefully added color to what would later become animation cells. They used these sketches as part of that process.

feature-row__image

To History...

Artists then added color to the cells, creating a Grammy-nominated music video! This powerful series of art is available as a package here!

items available on may 1, 2018:

Sweet-art!

Wish I could afford to frame mine up properly, and then I wish uploading photos wasn't such a pain.   Wonder which will happen first...
    Excited.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Sweet-art!

Wish I could afford to frame mine up properly, and then I wish uploading photos wasn't such a pain.   Wonder which will happen first...
    I used American frame. com , called them because I put a mat between each of the 6 cels. Made the opening smaller than the cel size so you can move them where you want em. Then used a wood frame because you need the extra space then. I think it came out great. Got the girl signed by Jeff. Cels are not from the collectionzz sale.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:
    Sweet-art!

I used American frame. com , called them because I put a mat between each of the 6 cels. Made the opening smaller than the cel size so you can move them where you want em. Then used a wood frame because you need the extra space then. I think it came out great. Got the girl signed by Jeff. Cels are not from the collectionzz sale.
    Love it!   Thanks for including the pic!   Gives me another option to consider.

I've been reviewing the final sets of layouts for the "Pearl Jam: the Art of Do the Evolution" book which I wrote and edited and is due for release from IDW this Fall. The design for the book by Robbie Roberts never ceases to surprise and delight me. It's going to be a beaut!

Here's two pages from Chapter 12 where producer Terry Fitzgerald recounts his time touring with the band and reviewing storyboards and designs at night with Eddie.

demetrios said:

I've been reviewing the final sets of layouts for the "Pearl Jam: the Art of Do the Evolution" book which I wrote and edited and is due for release from IDW this Fall. The design for the book by Robbie Roberts never ceases to surprise and delight me. It's going to be a beaut!

Here's two pages from Chapter 12 where producer Terry Fitzgerald recounts his time touring with the band and reviewing storyboards and designs at night with Eddie.

There's an error on row 11.
    demetrios said:

There's an error on row 11.
    Hopefully get fixed. :P 
    Let's hope it'll be available Fall 2018.

I've got a question for the Group. When we started out to design the Art of Do the Evolution Book our "natural" choice for the cover was the iconic image of Death Girl which I've been using as this Group's cover page image.

However for unexplained reasons the band did not want us to use her on the cover. Which was a sad surprise for us, but it's their call. So...we then opted for the Savage Cro-Magnon Man currently being seen in promotion for the book. But this image is not set in stone for the cover. Not yet.

So what do you think? I would like to know what image YOU all think should be on the book's cover. Any image or background from the video? Any but Death Girl, I'm afraid.

So what do you think? What would you pick for the cover?

demetrios said:

I've got a question for the Group. When we started out to design the Art of Do the Evolution Book our "natural" choice for the cover was the iconic image of Death Girl which I've been using as this Group's cover page image.

However for unexplained reasons the band did not want us to use her on the cover. Which was a sad surprise for us, but it's their call. So...we then opted for the Savage Cro-Magnon Man currently being seen in promotion for the book. But this image is not set in stone for the cover. Not yet.

So what do you think? I would like to know what image YOU all think should be on the book's cover. Any image or background from the video? Any but Death Girl, I'm afraid.

How would one get in contact with them about this then?
    It's really cool that they're asking us, the fans! :plus_one: How about one of these frames?

1)

2)

3) 1:21, 4) 1:40 or 5) 1:42 (in the DTE video).
    demetrios said:

How would one get in contact with them about this then?
    Contact Joe over @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/158982971331463/admins/

Joe Pearson - Thanks for all the good suggestions gang. I will bring your recommendations up to the designer and publisher and we'll see what happens. We might stay with the Cro-Magnon Savage or not. I'm going to try one more time with Eddie and the band to see if we can get our Dark Girl back on the cover.