*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Even if it's the old man, Bryan still needs to go. Means he shared info and knew that info was being put out publically and didn't try to stop it. I don't see how either of them have any credibility at this point.

Thanks a lot Adam Silver!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    And whoever it was, Bryan clearly knew about it given that accounts went private after The Ringer asked about it.
    I'll say - it will be oh so very Sixer-ish to have everything crumble apart due to something like this.
    I'll say - it will be oh so very Sixer-ish to have everything crumble apart due to something like this.
    Would make for one helluva 30 for 30 though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I wonder if Colangelo will write a 30 page self praising rambling memo on the way out the door.
    pjhawks said:
    I wonder if Colangelo will write a 30 page self praising rambling memo on the way out the door.

Judging by the scandal he's got himself caught up with, I'd be shocked if he was able to type up 30 pages of anything coherent...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    New GM Rich Paul?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JK_Livin said:
    New GM Rich Paul?
    Should hire Cliff Paul.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    well, juggler, you know how I love my ATH and PTI....

as I headed to the basement to watch, I told my wife, “last night was the first in like 7 weeks w/o playoff hockey or basketball. I wonder what they’ll talk about?” haha, now I know.

fuck BC. what were his bona fides other than daddy? who is he, donald trump jr? can’t stand his daddy, due to the shit he and bud selig pulled to get schilling and johnson to his failing d-bags.

I’ll have to read the whole ringer thing. twitter may be the worst idea of all time but they’ll never stuff this genie back into the bottle. I don’t see this doing any real damage to the sixers. fire BC and bring someone else in. as I said, BC was probably only “qualified” because daddy is a basketball luminary.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    http://www.phillyvoice.com/colangelos-burner-accounts-sixers-gm-fired-twitter-matt-mullin/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Is this guy a Pearl Jam fan?

Colangelo's burner accounts are the best thing that could've happened to the Sixers

BY MATT MULLIN 
    PhillyVoice StaffUPDATED MAY 30, 2018 AT 06:28 PM

Before long, whether by his own accord or by order of his bosses, Bryan Colangelo will find himself looking for a new job. From where I'm sitting, there's just no way he survives this. For the best interest of the entire organization, he should step down immediately, or the Sixers should take matters into their own hands

Even if Colangelo is able to talk himself out of some of this mess and prove that one or more of the alleged fake accounts didn't belong to him, there's no way the Sixers can allow him to continue. 

And every minute that passes with him still running the franchise, now that he's seemingly lost whatever credibility he had left following two-plus years of general distrust between fans and front office, is a mistake the Sixers will have to somehow try to explain later. 

That's why, in addition to laughing at Colangelo along with the rest of the basketball world, Sixers fans, especially those still devoted to former general manager Sam Hinkie, should be thanking the current (and soon-to-be fellow former) GM for his reckless behavior on Twitter since his arrival in Philadelphia. 

It almost sounds too ridiculous to be true, like we're talking about a petty grudge held by an angsty insecure tween instead of the behind-the-scenes operations of the top executive of a professional sports organization. That fantasy, however, isn't too far removed from a mind-boggling potential reality revealed by The Ringer's Ben Detrick late Tuesday night. 

The general manager and president of basketball operations for the Philadelphia 76ers was allegedly operating multiple fake Twitter accounts, and using those accounts to rip his players and his predecessor, to defend himself, and, if the allegations prove true, potentially leak privileged medical information (in violation of HIPAA laws). The team has launched an investigation into their own general manager — and an NBA investigation is likely to follow.

Whether or not Colangelo is proven guilty of all the accusations, the optics aren't great (to borrow from the Hinkie lexicon). 

The Sixers, who won 52 games this season and nearly doubled their win total from the previous year, are once again the laughingstock of the league, which is precisely the moniker they were so furiously running from when the league helped force out Hinkie by merging the team with House Colangelo – first Jerry, then Bryan. 

And if the Ringer's accusations turn out to be true — they're quite convincing — NBA commissioner Adam Silver could be forced to step in once again, this time to remove the younger Colangelo from a seat of power he was never supposed to occupy in the first place.

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

To top it all off, it wasn't some battle-tested basketball writer or disgruntled former player who brought Burner-gate to light. No, it was a data nerd specializing in artificial intelligence, the kind that would follow Hinkie through the gates of hell – which for them I imagine is a dinner party at Stan Van Gundy's house.

The timing of the story is also interesting, not only because we're less than a month from the NBA Draft (and the free agency frenzy that follows), but also because of where the Sixers are in their current rebuild. They're a team on the rise, and there's no reason to think that, after adding a few veteran free agents and a pair of first-round picks (AND Markelle Fultz) to the roster, they won't be even better next year. And better the year after? Why not?

What this story actually did – again, assuming these overwhelmingly damning allegations prove true — was reveal another side of Colangelo, a slightly more dishonest and oily side that many suspected was there all along. And, in doing so, brought to light many other issues with the Sixers GM that had become masked by the team's rapid improvement thanks to players largely acquired as a result of the prior regime's rebuilding strategy.

•  How dumb do you have to be? If nothing else, Burner-gate has taught us that Bryan Colangelo isn't actually smart. Having one burner account to keep tabs on players and what people in the media are saying about you and your team is one thing, but this is just reckless. And tweeting out exclusively pro-Colangelo messages? Damn, man. Hinkie may like sounding smarter than everyone (and most times, it's because he is), but at least he's not the guy running around telling everyone that he's smarter than you. Because that guy is never smarter than you.

•  Honesty isn't really his thing. Duh. And that's kind of an important quality for a general manager.

•  How petty and insecure can one person be? Forget about the shots at Hinkie and all the players drafted during his tenure, the guy is out here defending the size of his collars. If you can't handle criticism like that, what are you doing running a basketball team? Grow some thicker skin – or a longer neck so the collars fit properly. Either way... 

•  Talk about being unprofessional. Disclosing medical info? Trashing current players? Tweeting out your draft strategy? That's one way of conducting business. And with all that time spent on his various accounts, how did Colangelo ever find time to do his actual job? It's becoming quite obvious that he only cares about one thing: Bryan Colangelo. 

•  Colangelo was born on third base thinking he hit a triple. Don't worry, that's not a cross-sports reference, just an allusion to the fact that all of these above flaws can be tied into the fact that Colangelo's tenure in Philly was a direct result of some good, old-fashioned nepotism

Before Tuesday night, there was a good chance Sixers fans were stuck with Colangelo for the long haul. And there was no reason to believe that was ever going to lead to a championship – just ask his previous teams. Now, however, we've likely seen the last of him. 

When your own players are taking public shots at you, there's not much that can be done to mend your credibility — even if they wind up walking it back later.

And, because of that, it's hard to see how Colangelo is working in any NBA front office next season, let alone with the Sixers, no matter the outcome of the team's independent investigation. 

Unless, of course...

Man, I step off Twitter for a few hours and it's gone from Bryan to his dad to his son to his WIFE. This shit is great.
    Nice work Mrs. C.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    as I stated, fuck that silver spoon dude.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Man, I step off Twitter for a few hours and it's gone from Bryan to his dad to his son to his WIFE. This shit is great.
    Frickin' soap opera, really.

Listening to Philly talk and this 97.5 for the first time in years and this Joe Tordy dude is saying the 76ers are doomed. A little too dramatic, really. He says they'll NEVER be able to sign a top Free Agent this year. Like i always say: MONEY TALKS!!> Free agents will come if the price is right. He's  sounding to me like, if the 76ers don't sign a top FA, so he can say this will  be the reason why.  Plus, there's no guarantee the 76ers can sign a top FA. Last time i checked : Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid will still be playing for the 76ers next year.
    How many layers will there be to this? He's got to resign now. Even if he didn't tweet the comments, he opened his mouth too much.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    This is just plain stupid if true on Colangelo.

I had changed my tune and actually wanted good things to happen to the 76ers but this goes back to my original assumption that the team is just run poorly...

I'll say that the 76ers organization deserves and should demand better of this.  I'd hate to see all the talent and effort be squandered away by dumb upper management...
    This is just plain stupid if true on Colangelo.

I had changed my tune and actually wanted good things to happen to the 76ers but this goes back to my original assumption that the team is just run poorly...

I'll say that the 76ers organization deserves and should demand better of this.  I'd hate to see all the talent and effort be squandered away by dumb upper management...
    Don't forget Adam Silver had a hand in this as well, so let that sink in when it comes to "upper-"upper management....yeesh.

Whether it was or wasn't Bryan, specifically, he definitely knew about it and he has to resign. I mean, especially if it was his dad, son, wife. But at any rate, he knew about it.
    Fuck Adam Silver.

If Collar doesn't resign by end of week, they need to terminate him.......and then he needs to divorce his wife. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Is Colangelo fired yet?
    In other news: 3 year extension for Bret, so 4 more years. I'm happy about that. Guy deserves it. Kinda sucks he can't have the regular press conference because of his idiot GM though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The latest on the Soap Opera. (Get this shit over with ASAP)

Report: 76ers' investigation into Colangelo scandal could be done Friday
    28m ago
    Mitchell Leff / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    PHILADELPHIA PA - JANUARY 24 General Manager Bryan Colangelo of the Philadelphia 76ers watches the game in the first quarter against the Chicago Bulls at the Wells Fargo Center on January 24 2018 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania The 76ers defeated the Bulls 115-101

An internal investigation into recent allegations that Bryan Colangelo has been operating multiple Twitter burner accounts is expected to be completed within the next few days and as early as Friday, league sources told Philly.com's Keith Pompey.

Those same sources also expect Colangelo to lose his positions as both general manager and president of basketball operations of the Philadelphia 76ers.

A timetable was reportedly put in place to avoid taking attention away from the NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers, with the league worrying the scandal would serve as a distraction from the series.

A report by The Ringer's Ben Detrick discovered five Twitter accounts that may have been used by Colangelo to spread private information and criticize players, executives, and media personnel. He has owned up to using one of the handles, but not the other four.

"The only way that he'll get out of it is if he comes with evidence that somebody set him up," an anonymous league executive told Pompey. "If it is out there where they can't prove either way, I don’t think he'll keep his job. And if there's involvement with a family member, it doesn't look like he has a chance either."

Related - Bryan Colangelo denies Twitter scandal: 'Someone's out to get me'

The 76ers organization released an official statement on Wednesday, describing the allegations against Colangelo as "serious," and that its results will be reported as soon as the investigation is complete.

edited June 2018
    ^
    Late afternoon presser or announcement regarding his resignation is my guess. Friday’s work perfectly for that kind of shit...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, I feel it'll be today - that way they (Sixers & Silver) have the weekend to let it "go away" along with the Finals.
    I love that Adam Silver is upset that he has to discuss this during the finals. Stay out of our shit.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    I love that Adam Silver is upset that he has to discuss this during the finals. Stay out of our shit.
    I love the people who think they should bring Hinkie back.  How delusional or brainwashed do you have to be?  Even forgetting that agents and other gm's wouldn't deal with him anymore before he quit (and he can't get another job), he basically trashed and insulted everyone on his way out the door. what boss is going to bring back a guy who burned bridges like that on his way out the door? 
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I love the people who think they should bring Hinkie back.  How delusional or brainwashed do you have to be?  Even forgetting that agents and other gm's wouldn't deal with him anymore before he quit (and he can't get another job), he basically trashed and insulted everyone on his way out the door. what boss is going to bring back a guy who burned bridges like that on his way out the door? 
    I liked Sam but I felt it was time to move on when they did. The interview process was a joke with Jerry Colangelo around. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Hey, today is Bryan Colangelo's birthday.

Poncier said:

if the tweets really came from his wife she better be doing some wild and crazy shit for him today :)
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

if the tweets really came from his wife she better be doing some wild and crazy shit for him today :)
    Did somebody say rusty trombone?