But as usual, Freedom won in the end.
    Tucker Carlson's new favorite basketball player 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    edited December 2021
    Poncier said:
    But as usual, Freedom won in the end.
    Is it the end though? I say nay, the end will be the play-in game!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    RIP Bodner's Sixers beat. 

First Zumoff and now this? Ugh...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,785

Yeah what the fuck?! This one is a dagger in the heart right now. I have a feeling this SI revmap is poaching a lot of people, maybe that's a good thing I don't know. No idea what he's doing though.

I think The Athletic in general is at a place where you'll see them tested. People have moved up in roles, and those who haven't are probably looking for that next step and I'm not sure if they can provide that.

If they lose Bo and Sheil for football/Birds I'll be devastated.
  • Options

Yeah what the fuck?! This one is a dagger in the heart right now. I have a feeling this SI revmap is poaching a lot of people, maybe that's a good thing I don't know. No idea what he's doing though.

I think The Athletic in general is at a place where you'll see them tested. People have moved up in roles, and those who haven't are probably looking for that next step and I'm not sure if they can provide that.

Sucks. 

Hoffman does real good work too but I put Bodner up there with the best beat writers of any sport. 

I saw that John Gonzalez guy is going to SI. Always a been a big fan of his wife. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

I saw that John Gonzalez guy is going to SI. Always a been a big fan of his wife. 
    I find her well worth watching.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Really nice comeback tonight.
  • Options
    6-3 without Tobi. 4-0 with Embiid but no Tobi.
  • Options
    First good win a long long time last night. That was fun. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I have to say, I did not see this twist coming....hurts my heart.

• Options
    There’s all sorts of conflicting reports coming out. Others are saying that he is frustrated with Billups and might want out. I just want the saga to end. 
  • Options
    I mean it seems like it may be more opptimistic of landing a reasonable deal for McCollum, and I guess it drives home for me that Dame just owns his situation (as he should), but stinks to just put to bed the idea of ever trading for him.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    CJ and picks has always been a pretty decent plan B, to me, if Dame didn't want to move. Maybe a three way trade with OKC and that SGA fella?Curry off the bench would be pretty awesome. 

Ben playing with Dame would be such an ideal landing spot for him though. I almost don't want to do it out of spite. lol 

For what it's worth: my brother in law's connection at the team told him he is hearing something may happen soon along with some moves around the edges prior to the deadline. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lol I know him playing with Dame, in fucking Portland, is like exactly what he wants. I'm completely down with the spite move.

But it looks like, from what this article says at least, the biggest roadblock was the Blazers former GM and what he thought of his current roster. Now that is out of the way maybe getting CJ and some decent picks with a young upside player, too, could be in the cards this time around.
  • Options
    I don't know. These subscription services are starting to add up now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know. These subscription services are starting to add up now. 
    Haha, this is true. $24 for the year isn't terrible but still. At the very least good to know he's still going to be covering the team.
  • Options
    Embiid has been incredible these last few games. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    He's still "recovering" from COVID?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    He's still "recovering" from COVID?
    I think those couple weeks really helped his knee. Big man seems pretty limber out there. 

That coast to coast rebound and euro step dunk was Barkleyesque (minus the euro step lol).
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So I'm giving Bodner my business. I saw the $24 yearly subscription price is perpetual so long as you don't cancel and rejoin at any point.
  • Options
    I got a subscription to Espn, the Inquirer, and the Athletic. That seems like it should be enough. Yeah Bodner's isn't a lot of money but it's just getting annoying at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    As much as I think I should subscribe to The Inquirer, I feel like I remember their price being wildly high. Athletic and ESPN seem kinda redundant no?

But, eh, I hear ya, I pay for much worse things in life tho.
  • Options
    Yeah Inquirer cost is like $140 a year but that is the equivalent of basically one Sunday paper a week and it gets delivered every week with the subscription. So since I usually buy it at wawa or something anyway, figure it's worth it along with access to the website. 

You might be right about the redundancy of ESPN and Athletic though.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Just checked on philly.com - it's $4/week for the digital-only version. I mean I know it's not The Times, but $200+/yr seems wild.

But again, I pay for worse things and supporting local journalism yada yada yada. OK, you've sold me.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I do The New Yorker, which is insane and a complete waste of money that I need to try to switch to just digital.   Have had it forever though

The New York Times, which I've had since they went to a paywall and it's $17 a month. 

ESPN because of the Disney+ bundle and I think golf is going there

The Athletic, which I honestly don't read all that much.  Will be interesting to see where this goes given the financial issues. I might get rid of this at some point though. It's good stuff and I like it when I want it, but I don't open it enough

I think that's it...but yeah, looking at a lot of money in subscriptions annually. It adds up.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Yeah Inquirer cost is like $140 a year but that is the equivalent of basically one Sunday paper a week and it gets delivered every week with the subscription. So since I usually buy it at wawa or something anyway, figure it's worth it along with access to the website. 

You might be right about the redundancy of ESPN and Athletic though.

You're not gonna want to get rid of ESPN+

https://www.pgatour.com/company/2021/12/06/tour-espn-announce-details-of-expanded-and-extended-coverage-beginning-in-january.html
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    ESPN+ comes in handy. You have to subscribe to Inquirer. Otherwise we'd have basically no journalism. I like their restaurant stuff too. People are always like "how did you find this place?".
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16