The Concept of God

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    brianlux said:
    There's this part of northern Michigan called Yoopers.  Been through there once.  Saw several pasty shops.  Went into one that was recommended.  Man, talk about good pastys!  To die for!
    My dad's side are yoopers (Ishpeming) which is why I grew up on them.  Grandma made them homemade.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    There's this part of northern Michigan called Yoopers.  Been through there once.  Saw several pasty shops.  Went into one that was recommended.  Man, talk about good pastys!  To die for!
    My dad's side are yoopers (Ishpeming) which is why I grew up on them.  Grandma made them homemade.
    Nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Interesting show that goes along with this topic.  I watched the episode last night on the Jehovah Witlessness and their cover up of child molestation within the group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpwZc919OMI
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • KC138045 said:
    Interesting show that goes along with this topic.  I watched the episode last night on the Jehovah Witlessness and their cover up of child molestation within the group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpwZc919OMI

A cruel twist of fate: born in North America... but born into a Jehovah's Witness family.

My aunt was one for a period of time... so my young cousins were subjected to the dreary existence demanded by that cult.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I work with a JW. I have to say she's pretty weird. Of course, that could have nothing to do with her being a JW... she might have been a weird Atheist or Buddhist or Jew too, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    I work with a JW. I have to say she's pretty weird. Of course, that could have nothing to do with her being a JW... she might have been a weird Atheist or Buddhist or Jew too, lol.
    I was taking public transit in Detroit to a concert and there were all these JW's on the bus ... the venues were next to each other, as soon as you got off the bus all you could smell was weed and BBQ and lots of loud music ... I often wondered if any JW's crossed over to the other side ... LOL.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have a vivid memory of my Dad chasing one off with a crow bar because he wouldn't stop trying to talk to my Dad while he was working the the garage.  One of the funnier things I ever saw as a child.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    I was taking public transit in Detroit to a concert and there were all these JW's on the bus ... the venues were next to each other, as soon as you got off the bus all you could smell was weed and BBQ and lots of loud music ... I often wondered if any JW's crossed over to the other side ... LOL.
    Jack Whites? :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    Jack Whites? :lol:
    Please don't judge ... it was a Jimmy Buffet concert.  And I can attest that Jimmy Buffet fan can party with the best of them.  I was there more for John Fogerty.  But Jimmy Buffet was very good ... 

I've also attended Nascar races in the past ... LOL.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Jesse Duplantis, Louisiana Televangelist, Asks Followers For Money To Buy US$54-MillionPrivateJet

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/05/30/jesse-duplantis-private-jet_a_23446873/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001

Who's chipping in?  How much?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Jesse Duplantis, Louisiana Televangelist, Asks Followers For Money To Buy US$54-MillionPrivateJet

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/05/30/jesse-duplantis-private-jet_a_23446873/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001

I saw this story earlier.  He already has three private jets.

Unfortunately there are brainwashed lunatics out there that will give this clown money towards his jet.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018

holy fuck. some of these shits have zero shame. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

My mother in law ... she would fall for this hit.  I think she gives 10% to her church, she goes to bible study and she really believes in Noah's ark (I kid you not) ... she is a holy roller from hell ... I almost gave her a heart attack when I told her "you'll be taking the same dirt nap us heathens will be taking, and its a long cold one", "that why I going with cremation"...

I normally wouldn't have said anything, but sometimes you got to interject your beliefs...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    My mother in law ... she would fall for this hit.  I think she gives 10% to her church, she goes to bible study and she really believes in Noah's ark (I kid you not) ... she is a holy roller from hell ... I almost gave her a heart attack when I told her "you'll be taking the same dirt nap us heathens will be taking, and its a long cold one", "that why I going with cremation"...

I normally wouldn't have said anything, but sometimes you got to interject your beliefs...
    my father in law is a Knight of Columbus (probably gives more than 10%, but that's just conjecture), but he would laugh at the idea of this.  so would my frail and naive little mother in law, who is 80 and is in the Catholic Women's League and has two sisters that are nuns. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    A good friend of mine in high school was a Jehovah's Witness.  He was really into Bon Jovi.  We called him Jon Bon Jehovi.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    you guys still in here talking about the Easter Bunny?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    A good friend of mine in high school was a Jehovah's Witness.  He was really into Bon Jovi.  We called him Jon Bon Jehovi.
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • A good friend of mine in high school was a Jehovah's Witness.  He was really into Bon Jovi.  We called him Jon Bon Jehovi.
    Lol
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    All religion is the same cult to me.  Some just go door to door more.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    :lol::rofl:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Smellyman said:
    All religion is the same cult to me.  Some just go door to door more.
    I have to agree ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Rodrigo Duterte says he’ll resign as Philippine president if someone can prove God exist

https://globalnews.ca/news/4318403/rodrigo-duterte-resign-god/?utm_source=GlobalToronto&utm_medium=Facebook
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Rodrigo Duterte says he’ll resign as Philippine president if someone can prove God exist

https://globalnews.ca/news/4318403/rodrigo-duterte-resign-god/?utm_source=GlobalToronto&utm_medium=Facebook
    The Argentinians will present Diego Maradona to him.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Systematic pedophilia: 300 priests over 70 years in Pennsylvania abuse more than 1000 documented children (with 1000s more undocumented cases suspected).

Church officials cover up the abuse to protect their business interests.  

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/‘they-hid-it-all’-catholic-priests-abused-1000-children-in-pennsylvania-report-says/ar-BBLXtTS?li=AAggNb9&ocid=edgsp
    GROSS
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    This has me all fired up today.

Just on Monday I discovered my 6 year old niece being indoctrinated in Catholic culthood knows that my wife and I "don't go to church because they don't believe in Jesus and that's bad"

:angry:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

Just on Monday I discovered my 6 year old niece being indoctrinated in Catholic culthood knows that my wife and I "don't go to church because they don't believe in Jesus and that's bad"

my brother, his wife, and their 20 year old son all think I'm going to hell with all the homosexuals and trans people.  =)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambs said:

my brother, his wife, and their 20 year old son all think I'm going to hell with all the homosexuals and trans people.  =)
    I bet they don't. I bet they pray for you. 
    edited August 2018
    rgambs said:

I bet they don't. I bet they pray for you. 
    yeah, pretty sure I know what I'm talking about, since that's what they told me to my face. I didn't say they "hope" I'm going to hell, just that's where they believe all godless people go. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD