PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hahahahhaa.  Wait...'ideal'isn't to be made fun of, if you go by the AMT threads.
    I miss Leslie.

And fuck the streets, especially in South Philly.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Hahahahhaa.  Wait...'ideal'isn't to be made fun of, if you go by the AMT threads.
    I miss Leslie.

And fuck the streets, especially in South Philly.

Try riding a bike on them. They're to die for....literally.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    SWEEP!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Sir Anthony’s stuff is filthy...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited May 2018
    Herrera is still annoying as hell but damn he has been awesome so far.  Starting pitching has been fantastic too. Really the starting pitching has carried them to this point.  Offense i thought would be better but  not quite there yet. 
    edited May 2018
    Yeah I can understand finding Herrera annoying if he was a .250 hitter or something. But the dude is quite possibly the best offensive centerfielder in the league. He gets on base every game and leads the league in hitting. I mean, what more do people want? Sooner or later fans will start appreciating him.

Best part of yesterday, other than coming back late, was that it was lead by the young bucks. Big walk by Williams. Big hits by Alfaro and, obviously, Kingery.....then Sir Anthony closing out the last couple innings. The Gaber showing a little fire for the first time. Just a solid win.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Yeah I can understand finding Herrera annoying if he was a .250 hitter or something. But the dude is quite possibly the best offensive centerfielder in the league. He gets on base every game and leads the league in hitting. I mean, what more do people want? Sooner or later fans will start appreciating him.

Best part of yesterday, other than coming back late, was that it was lead by the young bucks. Big walk by Williams. Big hits by Alfaro and, obviously, Kingery.....then Sir Anthony closing out the last couple innings. The Gaber showing a little fire for the first time. Just a solid win.
    a player can be annoying but you can still appreciate what he is doing. i find Embiid annoying.   LeSean McCoy and Desean Jackson were pretty annoying as well.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Italian motherfucking market festival day 
    pjhawks said:

a player can be annoying but you can still appreciate what he is doing. i find Embiid annoying.   LeSean McCoy and Desean Jackson were pretty annoying as well.
    True but I think there’s a lot of people, who might not be following  the team regularly, who still don’t think he’s very good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    damn, there went Herrera's streak!  Nola was off his game also.  Cards pitcher pitched pretty damn good.  least they got a split.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    South Philly is the absolute best. Is there anywhere else in th country that in about 1.5 square miles you can get amazing Mexican, Italian, Vietnamese, and Cambodian?

Not sure how long I’ll be here though. A house two down from me that is not as nice as mine is listed at $120k more than I paid for mine 4 years ago. Gonna have to sell if they get close to that. 
    damn, there went Herrera's streak!  Nola was off his game also.  Cards pitcher pitched pretty damn good.  least they got a split.
    Yeah....but a win would’ve been gravy. Happy with a split
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Cliffy...sell that shot of you can pocket 120k plus.  A correction is coming again soon I believe.
    Cliffy...sell that shot of you can pocket 120k plus.  A correction is coming again soon I believe.
    Yeah, kinda put in the wife's head that this may be something we need to act on.  I said the same thing about the market correcting 
    South Philly is the absolute best. Is there anywhere else in th country that in about 1.5 square miles you can get amazing Mexican, Italian, Vietnamese, and Cambodian?

Not sure how long I’ll be here though. A house two down from me that is not as nice as mine is listed at $120k more than I paid for mine 4 years ago. Gonna have to sell if they get close to that. 
    Where ya gonna move? The suburbs? Muahahahahaha

People talking about a "correction" is like the scene in Seinfeld when people talk about writing things off. It's hilarious.
    I believe the price of homes is going to go back down and they are going to stop giving loans to people that should not get the loans they are getting.... we will see more people upside down and we will see more short sales and foreclosures. 
    That is specifically what I meant -- sure I used the wrong lingo. 

Sell it while you can make good money and be wise with that money. 

People talking about a "correction" is like the scene in Seinfeld when people talk about writing things off. It's hilarious.
    Solid question. Gotta figure it out if it comes to be, but I can't leave that much money on the table, I don't think.  The wife is not ready for the suburbs yet, that's for sure.
    Just make sure you have an easy train into the city.  Don't move this way unless you want taxes to rip open a hole in your pocket. 
    edited May 2018

Solid question. Gotta figure it out if it comes to be, but I can't leave that much money on the table, I don't think.  The wife is not ready for the suburbs yet, that's for sure.
    You buy in a down market. You're gonna move and then just have a larger mortgage payment - everything's expensive where you'd wanna move anyway.

As an example - EVERYONE moves to Havertown. Buddy of mine that wanted to upgrade and buy a new house, and stay, in Havertown because they've got two kids. No shot. Houses there are essentially pricing at auction. So he was smart and decided to put an addition onto his house. If he sold his house he'd make a shit load on his house, only to then have to pay a shit load on a bigger house.

My personal opinion is live where you want to live, first and foremost - houses should be a safety net and not an investment (your primary residence that is).
    Solid thinking, although having a larger mortgage payment depends on a number of things.  If you are moving to an area that is much more expensive then I am sure you are right.
    We looked in Havertown as a few of my wife's friends lived there.  It was OK, we could afford some nice homes there, the taxes were fine...but just liked it here better.  No idea if the prices have gone way up in 5-6 years but my guess is that they have. 
    I certainly have met a lot of people who live out there, seems popular and I am sure that leads to overpaying to get the house you want, as you reference with auction.
    edited May 2018
    Absolutely has gone up - they bought there about 8 years ago and now you need to make an offer on the spot and hope it sticks. They made an offer on one place and same day someone came over the top for $50k more. Crazy stuff.

EDIT: And just a wild guess anywhere I'd move outside of the city would be much more expensive because I'd want more house, more land. Though, I'm contradicting my own statement because $/sq. ft. goes down as you move further out in the suburbs, but just the sheer size you're getting plus the increase in taxes would greatly increase.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on

You buy in a down market. You're gonna move and then just have a larger mortgage payment - everything's expensive where you'd wanna move anyway.

As an example - EVERYONE moves to Havertown. Buddy of mine that wanted to upgrade and buy a new house, and stay, in Havertown because they've got two kids. No shot. Houses there are essentially pricing at auction. So he was smart and decided to put an addition onto his house. If he sold his house he'd make a shit load on his house, only to then have to pay a shit load on a bigger house.

My personal opinion is live where you want to live, first and foremost - houses should be a safety net and not an investment (your primary residence that is).
    Yeah, but if people are selling 900 square feet in Pennsport for $350k+, I am sure as hell gonna take advantage of that. Love my house, love my neighborhood but it is not going to stay that way and even though prices are up in general, I can get a better value somewhere else, especially considering this is not the house we are staying in forever.  We shall see.
    I can't wait till I'm buying my next "palace" at 1.5k-2k sq ft, haha....
    I lived too long in small places in SoCal -- was ready for way too big a house and a pool/yard. 
    Can I throw a rock into the water from my patio?  Nope. 
    All about trade-offs.  I am sure it will be a huge adjustment if/when you guys move away from the city.
    edited May 2018
    WHORE...
    HEY!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Nice win. These batting averages need to start rising.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Nice win. These batting averages need to start rising.
    That's the thing right? If anyone in this lineup, outside a couple of guys, actually start hitting then I might buy in.

Again, the month of June - it's huge. That'll actually tell me something about this team that's meaningful.
    edited May 2018
    Well the tough part of the schedule basically started on Thursday. So far so good. And for as tough as it will be for the next 5 weeks....July looks to be the opposite. 

So even if they go something like 14-23 in these next 37 games, they'll be right at .500 heading into a 4 week stretch of mostly bad teams. 

I guess the point is they've done a good job of padding their win total against sub par teams to give them some leeway next month.  

Sooner than later, they gotta start hitting better right? Hopefully that comes when the pitching regresses back to what you'd expect them to be......
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

Oh, Lenny...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

Oh, Lenny...

That's so funny because I was going to comment the EXACT SAME THING VERBATIM. Just "Oh, Lenny..." Right down to having the "..." at the end of it. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com