The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Think I saw he'll be wearing these regularly. Signed a deal.  Horrible, just horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkqXj11GvrM

Oh come on!!!  What the hell is wrong with him???  This is like Bubba with the pink balls...
    I know dude.  I was actually gonna say the same thing about Bubba's balls haha.
    It looks horrible and he's going to be hot as fuck wearing a long-sleeved dress shirt playing golf all summer.  Crazy.
    You hear Faldo just kill him? "His cuffs are too heavy"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    That was good.  All these announcers are killing him for this shirt.....as they should.
    Imagine he pulls off the unthinkable, wins at Shinnecock completing the career grand slam and the pictures he has for the rest of his life after winning the biggest tournament of his career and he is wearing that...
    Front 9 30 for tiger 
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Front 9 30 for tiger 
    Now 7 birdies through 11 holes
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    This is unreal
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Wow. His best round ever at the Players.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Five pars, a birdie, and three triples on the back nine this morning.  Arg.......so inconsistent.
    Low rounds of the day for tiger and boy wonder 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Fuck Webb Simpson. I’m hoping for a quadruple bogey on the first for him tomorrow to make things interesting. 

Tiger paired with Jordan!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Fuck Webb Simpson. I’m hoping for a quadruple bogey on the first for him tomorrow to make things interesting. 

There are few things in golf I dislike more than Simpson’s swing and chicken wing follow through 

There are few things in golf I dislike more than Simpson’s swing and chicken wing follow through 
    He’s ruining The Players!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Webb is a good dude though. Boring as all hell to watch, but a good dude. Good for him if he seals the deal today. 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Who is the guy that sets his feet 10 times before he putts..damn thats annoying..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

edited May 2018
    How did that not go in?!
    UGGHHH.  Still a great tournament for El Tigre, but that's gonna be a kick in the nuts.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

who paired with Jordan?

thank you all who averted my worst nightmare.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Golf is funny.   A guy finally winning a tournament after four years who ONLY managed to win 3.2 million in tournament winnings the prior season is a feel good story. 

Bummer the tournament was over after Day 3.  The Masters was not very tight most of Sunday.  Hopefully the next three Majors are more exciting, especially with all of the playoffs in regular tourneys earlier in the season.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    It's all gonna click sometime soon, and I can't hardly wait. It seems more like when, not if. The interesting part to me, will be to see what happens after his next win. Will he rest easy and be content with one more win and fade away? Will he continue the next few years riding a roller coaster? Or, and this is my hope, will he turn BEAST and become madman Tiger all over again?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    It's all gonna click sometime soon, and I can't hardly wait. It seems more like when, not if. The interesting part to me, will be to see what happens after his next win. Will he rest easy and be content with one more win and fade away? Will he continue the next few years riding a roller coaster? Or, and this is my hope, will he turn BEAST and become madman Tiger all over again?
    At 42, I doubt he's gonna be that beast again....but anyone who plays the way he did this weekend can certainly win more tournaments and another major or two. That was fun (except for Webb Simpson)
    chinese-happy.jpg
    What's the beef with Webb Simpson?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Yeah I don't get the hate for Simpson.  Guy went out there and completely dominated a stacked field.
    Yeah I don't get the hate for Simpson.  Guy went out there and completely dominated a stacked field.
    I don't have beef with him....his domination just made the weekend pretty boring
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Gotcha.  Some players have bad reputations and just curious.  A boring winner and Sunday for sure, but most golfers are boring on tour.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    At 42, I doubt he's gonna be that beast again....but anyone who plays the way he did this weekend can certainly win more tournaments and another major or two. That was fun (except for Webb Simpson)
    Yeah, I guess I worded that incorrectly. I think there's zero chance he ever becomes the best or close to the best version of Tiger. But I feel an 85% version of the very good Tiger still rules today's field.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Your new world number 1, folks...Justin Thomas.

DJ still the best player in the world.
    Okay.  So what do you think is your number 1 golf swing issue?

Mine is the transition from the top of the swing.  Can’t stop casting the club instead of building lag. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Mine is the transition from the top of the swing.  Can’t stop casting the club instead of building lag. 
    I often come over the top on my downswing. Not enough to affect my irons but the Driver can be iffy. I'm working on keeping my downswing inside the plane of my backswing.
    eddiec said:

I often come over the top on my downswing. Not enough to affect my irons but the Driver can be iffy. I'm working on keeping my downswing inside the plane of my backswing.

Same story with me. It is a constant struggle, especially with my driver.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    eddiec said:

Same story with me. It is a constant struggle, especially with my driver.
    Basically every Am.  Same here.  Plus I swing way too hard. Not a good recipe.