Ament: Pearl Jam does not have any immediate plans to go back into the studio.

Comments

• vercemanverceman Posts: 679

Ament, who turned 55 last month, also is releasing a solo album and said that Pearl Jam does not have any immediate plans to go back into the studio.

But after 28 years together, the band doesn't plan to slow down its heavy touring schedule.

"There's really nothing better than getting together with our friends and playing music," Ament said. "It wouldn't really make sense to stop."

• EugeneEugene Posts: 110
    Well that sucks
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    Maybe because they've already been in the Studio?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    "Heavy touring"?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,565
    With shows coming up and their pace of how they work, I wiuldn’t expect them to record before the shows. I’m guessing they’ll wait for the kids to go back to school and for the rain to start back up. 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,493
    I would guess that means they've already recorded everything for the album?
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,292
    I would guess that means they've already recorded everything for the album?
    Lets hope so!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • I would guess that means they've already recorded everything for the album?
    That's my thought. Hope it's a good theory we all have.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 533
    At the drummer podcast, a fan asked Matt a question and said something about ten albums - Matt started his response with something like “soon, 11”. Pretty sure jeff’s comment highlights recording for new album is done.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 779
    At the drummer podcast, a fan asked Matt a question and said something about ten albums - Matt started his response with something like “soon, 11”. Pretty sure jeff’s comment highlights recording for new album is done.
    For real?  I pray this thing is done.  All I want is a new PJ album.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    Surprised people think this is a hint at an album being done. I read it as they are in no rush to go to the studio and record the new album. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 779
    PJNB said:
    Surprised people think this is a hint at an album being done. I read it as they are in no rush to go to the studio and record the new album. 
    Unfortunately this is where I think things are at.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    From the news page on this site :s

Pearl Jam's new track from their forthcoming album on Monkeywrench/Republic Records is out now!

“Can’t Deny Me” was co-produced by Pearl Jam and Brendan O'Brien. The track was recorded in Seattle last month and released as a surprise early download to Ten Club members last Saturday.

Eddie wrote the song's lyrics set to music written by Mike. Jeff created the single's artwork in collaboration with PJ's longtime Videographer, Kevin Shuss.

“Can’t Deny Me” is available now in the SHOP and via all digital download and streaming services

Pearl Jam kicks off their TOUR of South America in Santiago, Chile today.

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Ok, if he is saying this now, and the announcement for "Can't Deny Me" specifically mentioned a forthcoming album...

I think he was quoted out of context and meant to convey that they have already recorded the new album and therefore have no immediate plans to return to the studio, and just want to tour now. Poorly and unclearly written segment of the article.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited April 2018
    nvm
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    verceman said:

Ament, who turned 55 last month, also is releasing a solo album and said that Pearl Jam does not have any immediate plans to go back into the studio.

But after 28 years together, the band doesn't plan to slow down its heavy touring schedule.

"There's really nothing better than getting together with our friends and playing music," Ament said. "It wouldn't really make sense to stop."

From the news page on this site :s

Pearl Jam's new track from their forthcoming album on Monkeywrench/Republic Records is out now!

“Can’t Deny Me” was co-produced by Pearl Jam and Brendan O'Brien. The track was recorded in Seattle last month and released as a surprise early download to Ten Club members last Saturday.

Eddie wrote the song's lyrics set to music written by Mike. Jeff created the single's artwork in collaboration with PJ's longtime Videographer, Kevin Shuss.

“Can’t Deny Me” is available now in the SHOP and via all digital download and streaming services

Pearl Jam kicks off their TOUR of South America in Santiago, Chile today.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    I could be wrong - but his comments seem like bits from an interview that aren’t intertwined.  I believe the album has to be done based on the prior stmt by the band that “can’t deny me” is a track from a “forthcoming album”.  There is literally no way this stmt can be true if an album isn’t complete (or if they’re not working on one as the article suggests they are not). My gut says the album is done and will drop before too long.  There are photos of the band at PJHQ scattered months apart.   Or, the album will drop after the baseball shows and an arena tour will be announced.  This is pure speculation though. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    "Heavy touring"?

Maybe there's something Matt Volz is hiding from us that he can't say yet.
    Like there be a lot more PJ shows after their baseball stadium shows.
    Say ... full blown Canadian Tour maybe this Fall? =)

• ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,875
    demetrios said:
    "Heavy touring"?

...but why would they sell "PJ 2018 tour shirts" in SA with the Euro Tour and Baseball dates on them? Don't think there are more shows in 2018 but i would love to be wrong..
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    If I had to guess, I would think this release would be similar time-wise to Lightning Bolt.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    I hope "forthcoming album" doesn't become the new "big, bold and free."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    "Heavy touring"?
    LOL.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    If the album is recorded and coming in the fall, it's hard to imagine there won't be dates coming to support it. But if it comes later in the year they may announce Australia and start the album tour therein Jan/Feb. Thinking at this point that might be the more likely scenario. It doesn't feel like there are any additional US dates coming.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,273
    PJWGIII said:
    Ok, if he is saying this now, and the announcement for "Can't Deny Me" specifically mentioned a forthcoming album...

I think he was quoted out of context and meant to convey that they have already recorded the new album and therefore have no immediate plans to return to the studio, and just want to tour now. Poorly and unclearly written segment of the article.

you nailed it!
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,992
    Well let's hope when they said forthcoming album, they didn't mean like 'Chinese Democracy' was forthcoming for GNR for what, like 10 or 15 years?.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,762
    If you recall back in spring of 2013 Stone was quoted saying their next album was half done and might not drop until 2014.   8 weeks later the countdown showed up on the site.  New album is coming soon.  Jeff is having fun with us.  They did this multiple times before LB was released 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,746
    demetrios said:
    "Heavy touring"?

...but why would they sell "PJ 2018 tour shirts" in SA with the Euro Tour and Baseball dates on them? Don't think there are more shows in 2018 but i would love to be wrong..

As long as the Cubs are predicted to do good, I don't think Eddie will want to take that gamble of being on the road during the playoffs in October and November.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    demetrios said:
    "Heavy touring"?

As long as the Cubs are predicted to do good, I don't think Eddie will want to take that gamble of being on the road during the playoffs in October and November.
    I don't think he has to worry this year.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    demetrios said:
    "Heavy touring"?

This
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    demetrios said:
    "Heavy touring"?

:lol:

sad but true

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2