Europe Tour Routing/Transportation

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited April 2018
    23scidoo said:
    Anyone for the morning train from Prague to Krakow on 2nd of July??..
    The 10:24 - 17:00 train? Me and my friends will probably be on that one. It sucks you lose a day for travel, but what can you do.
    I was thinking this one.
    You guys think the 8:17am train is too early for you? Gives us 3 more hours in Krakow then the other train. I am not a drinker and I understand the need to sleep in for some but we can rest on the 6 hr train ride too!
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    The 10:24 - 17:00 train? Me and my friends will probably be on that one. It sucks you lose a day for travel, but what can you do.
    I was thinking this one.
    You guys think the 8:17am train is too early for you? Gives us 3 more hours in Krakow then the other train. I am not a drinker and I understand the need to sleep in for some but we can rest on the 6 hr train ride too!
    I can definitely do it, just thought the 10am train would give me more time to sleep and get ready in the morning, but otherwise no objections to the 8am train.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.
    Unfortunately i can't wake up that early. I NEED my sleep as it takes me awhile to get my shit together when i do wake up, so i need those hours>LOL

But, i understand those who want to arrive in Krakow to  have a few more hours to see the city. Me, i'll probably need a power-nap after the train ride as my old ass will need it>LOL>unless by some chance i can sleep on the train?
    edited April 2018
    Right now the options for me are as follows. Plans and times may change when the 60 days before travel update comes.

Prague to Krakow

02:25 - 10:15 Bus 8hrs
    08:17 - 14:25 Train 6+hrs
    10:24 - 17:00 Train 6hrs 30mins 

Krakow to Berlin (Waiting on Flixbus to update schedule to see what the bus options will be. Looks like a long travel though) 

01:43 - 12:16 Train 10hrs 30mins
    03:08 - 13:16 Train 10hrs
    06:00 - 09:00 Lufthansa flight 8hrs 
    07:47 - 16:42 Train 8hrs
    09:20 - 17:15 Train 8hrs

Post edited by PJNB on
  • nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.

Do you have a link for the 8:17 train? I can't find it listed on the Czech, Polish or German train websties. The 10:24 train is the best option because it's direct with no transfers (and only ~6.5 hours, not 8.5). All earlier and later trains have transfers and take much longer than that one.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.

Do you have a link for the 8:17 train? I can't find it listed on the Czech, Polish or German train websties. The 10:24 train is the best option because it's direct with no transfers (and only ~6.5 hours, not 8.5). All earlier and later trains have transfers and take much longer than that one.
    Wow my math was bad with that one thanks! The train ride I found was on Goeuro.com

https://www.goeuro.com/travel-search2/results/791707193/train?v=wa_dw_newtab:ctrl,wa_dw_bwg:on
  • nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.

Wow my math was bad with that one thanks! The train ride I found was on Goeuro.com

https://www.goeuro.com/travel-search2/results/791707193/train?v=wa_dw_newtab:ctrl,wa_dw_bwg:on

Ah ok I see. That one leaves from a different train station than the main station (looks like it's actually close to the O2 arena). You also have a 13 minute transfer to a bus in Bohumin (hopefully the train isn't late).  

2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.

Ah ok I see. That one leaves from a different train station than the main station (looks like it's actually close to the O2 arena). You also have a 13 minute transfer to a bus in Bohumin (hopefully the train isn't late).  

8:10 leaves from the main station and you are right there is a risk on the connection. Also did not notice it was a bus at the other location. Are busses that inferior to trains when traveling? I take it trains are more comfortable? Direct would be ideal but I would like to maximize my time in the other cities. Decision decisions. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.
    Unfortunately i can't wake up that early. I NEED my sleep as it takes me awhile to get my shit together when i do wake up, so i need those hours>LOL

But, i understand those who want to arrive in Krakow to  have a few more hours to see the city. Me, i'll probably need a power-nap after the train ride as my old ass will need it>LOL>unless by some chance i can sleep on the train?
    We take this one Jim..more hours to sleep, its direkt and who knows what can happen after the show?? ;)
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    edited April 2018
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.

This is what i found..no train at 8.17..there is one at 7.24 but its a long ride with two stops..
    guys, i think the 10.24 is the best option we have..
    https://www.cd.cz/spojeni-a-jizdenka/spojeni-tam/c59c7899-77df-497b-aa7e-163e23b229ea#connectionlistanchor
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.

This is what i found..no train at 8.17..there is one at 7.24 but its a long ride with two stops..
    guys, i think the 10.24 is the best option we have..
    https://www.cd.cz/spojeni-a-jizdenka/spojeni-tam/c59c7899-77df-497b-aa7e-163e23b229ea#connectionlistanchor
    Getting in at around 5pm isn't too bad, could be a lot worse.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    23scidoo said:
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    23scidoo said:
    I was thinking this one.

We take this one Jim..more hours to sleep, its direkt and who knows what can happen after the show?? ;)
    Yeah, Alex, i'll probably have more beers after the show, then i will before the show.

I like the train ride is direct. Works for me.
    Alright I don't think I can miss out on a train ride filled with a bunch of people from the forum. Are we all thinking of getting in the same car? Would be pretty cool if we could make that work. 
    PJNB said:
    Alright I don't think I can miss out on a train ride filled with a bunch of people from the forum. Are we all thinking of getting in the same car? Would be pretty cool if we could make that work. 
    Cool!!..lets work this guys..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Gingerlou77Gingerlou77 Posts: 429
    Can I join you? I might need to sleep for some of it though!
    Of course no needs to ask! All are welcome. Would be nice if we spread the word and all got in the same car. First one to see it available for sale post it here please and what car you booked. 
    I can't promise you sleep ;)
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Ha, yeh wishful thinking on my part.... I'll need a week to recover from this trip i think!  :o
    23scidoo said:
    Ha, yeh wishful thinking on my part.... I'll need a week to recover from this trip i think!  :o
    Don't worry..we all gonna need!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yeah I'd be up for this! I think I'll definitely need to sleep as well.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2023 – Chicago I & II
    edited April 2018
    I am still considering the night bus that arrives in Krakow at around 10:00 am July 2nd. I think it would be a smarter decision to get a good rest after the show and relax on the train the next day but this will be the only time in my life that I will be in Poland probably and I want to make the most of it. Is anyone else interested in the night bus? If so let me know as it would be better to have a plus 1 to lean on for the trip!
    I asked a friend who lives in Prague to help me with the trains..this is what i get back today

''The ticket sale starts 60 days prior departure. You can buy the tickets online at https://www.cd.cz/eshop/

They accept credit card. The ticket is delivered by email in pdf format.

You has to book it on your name. It is not transferable. Valid only with your ID or passport. Also no changes and no refund.

The ticket purchased via e-shop has to be validated (stamped) at the international desk of České dráhy. You can do it before departure or few days in advance. 

The price starts at 364 CZK per person.

According to these information you can buy it just for yourself and your american friend can do it too. But be in touch to select the seat to each other :-)''

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Wow that is fairly cheap! Thanks for the info. I just did a trial run on April 30th and the price is the same you said. It also seems fairly easy to pick specific seats. If we knew in advance how many where interested we should have no issue getting close together. 

That is unless someone wants to do the night bus!
    edited April 2018
    PJNB said:
    Wow that is fairly cheap! Thanks for the info. I just did a trial run on April 30th and the price is the same you said. It also seems fairly easy to pick specific seats. If we knew in advance how many where interested we should have no issue getting close together. 

And the first class is also cheap ;)
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:

I am starting to think you like to ride in comfort lol. Whats @deftones plan?
    23scidoo said:
    PJNB said:

Can it be considered first class, if it's cheap>LOL
     @deftones dosen't know yet..i'm travelling this part with cutz and he needs comfort!!!..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Haha oh man How much is first class?
    Yep, def first class if not too pricey!
    884 Czech Koruna it looks for first class unless prices change for the summer.