The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I don't give a shit if it's a tax grab or not. I'd much prefer to go into a store to buy it and know what I'm getting as opposed to the alternative. Especially with all this fentanyl shit going around, no thanks. 

we still don't have alcohol in any grocery stores. you are allowed to operate a wine store outside of government involvement, there are a couple in winnipeg, but beer stil needs to be bought at a beer vendor or liquor mart. 
    I really don’t care about it being a tax grab, however, I believe medicinal should be exempt...
    Agreed - medicinal shouldn't be taxed... Or at least the base price should be way lower somehow, like subsidization for production or something. Whatever, as long as it's cheaper than recreational.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't give a shit if it's a tax grab or not. I'd much prefer to go into a store to buy it and know what I'm getting as opposed to the alternative. Especially with all this fentanyl shit going around, no thanks. 

we still don't have alcohol in any grocery stores. you are allowed to operate a wine store outside of government involvement, there are a couple in winnipeg, but beer stil needs to be bought at a beer vendor or liquor mart. 
    I really don’t care about it being a tax grab, however, I believe medicinal should be exempt...
    Agreed - medicinal shouldn't be taxed... Or at least the base price should be way lower somehow, like subsidization for production or something. Whatever, as long as it's cheaper than recreational.
    Did hell freeze over, we agree on something...that’s progress, lol.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    It is pretty chilly here today. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It is pretty chilly here today. 
    Lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    edited March 2018
    Have any of you been to germany. Alcohol is insane there. You can actually buy beer on the platform of a train station. Blew my mind. Every shop has hundreds of these mini bottles of like jaegarmiester. 40% proof stuff at ridiculously cheap prices.cheap as a soft drink. I found myself just buying it everywhere because i could. Very dangerous for an outsider. The drink problems of Europe are massive. I wonder if more people would go try it if pot was legal here. I recently tried it again afyer a 20 year abstinence. I realised very quickly its not for me. I wish it was. Im left with no alcohol and no weed. So i guess i will probably become a sex adict of excersise nut if my back would allow... the 2nd option.  But good on all of you who love to smoke . You should be free to thats my view.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Well, this is really weird. Cyclical vomiting caused by cannabis and relieved by hot showers. 

A Perplexing Marijuana Side Effect Relieved by Hot Showers   https://nyti.ms/2EmT5Jy
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'd actually heard of this, often, and thought "huh?" - wild effects I am thankful to have never experienced.

(Funny, I just showed my husband the website of the new delivery site I used the other week.  Fingers crossed our main pot stock goes this route!)

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    The only time marijuana made be vomit was when I ate two weed brownies.  Didn't know what I was doing- those two would probably gotten 10 people totally blitzed.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

TWO?! Oh god.

Closest for me was Thai stick in Jr. High - didn't make me actually puke but just one hit took me to where my face turned completely white and I had to sit down in humiliation at the bus stop while my friends tended to me.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I once puked into a gravity bong that my 15 year old self foolishly made out of a 3 liter soda bottle. 

For the 3rd time in 6 months, a bird slammed into my sliding glass door while I was sitting in my chair right next to it. This only seems to happen when I am beyond high and alone. Good jumpstart for the heart, but mildly unsettling that birds keep slamming into it at full speed.
    I once puked into a gravity bong that my 15 year old self foolishly made out of a 3 liter soda bottle. 

For the 3rd time in 6 months, a bird slammed into my sliding glass door while I was sitting in my chair right next to it. This only seems to happen when I am beyond high and alone. Good jumpstart for the heart, but mildly unsettling that birds keep slamming into it at full speed.
    I've seen that a number of times here as well.  Maybe try one of these ideas from the Humane Society:

Make windows visible to birds

Change things outside

• Window screen or a light net: Attach this at least 2-3” from the window. When the screen or net is taut, birds will bounce off (imagine a trampoline) without getting caught.
    • Tape strips: Attach strips of chart tape on outside of window—either 1/4” vertical white strips (spaced 4” apart) or 1/8” horizontal black strips (spaced an inch apart).
    • External shutters: Close them whenever windows aren't in use.
    • External sun shades or awnings: They will eliminate or minimize reflection and transparency.
    • Soap or paint patterns: Paint patterns on the outsides of windows with soap or tempera paint (which can be wiped off with a sponge but won't be washed away by rain). You can find stencils and tempera paint at art and craft supply stores.
    • Decals and wind chimes: Place them closely together so that the spaces between them are no more than a 4” wide by 2” high. You can find decals at art and craft supply stores.
    • Move feeders and baths: Place bird feeders and baths either within 3 feet (too close for a collision to be fatal) of windows or more than 30 feet away (birds will be more likely to recognize that windows are a part of the house).
    • Bug screens year-round: If you have modern dual-pane windows, you can leave screens up all year to provide cushioning if a bird hits the window.
    • Whitewash: If your shed or basement has windows, consider whitewashing them.
    http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/bird_safe_windows.html

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I never have and never will do a gravity bong!  Of anything.  Youch to your experience.

When we lived in Laurel Canyon, our kitchen window was constantly bashed by sparrows (everyone else thought it was a specific one since they didn't appear injured - more like startled, but I knew it was a various local crew of them drawn by the light at certain times of the day...sounds like a weird avian version of The Warriors, I know).  It broke my heart but hell, nature will do its thing despite the cautions we take on their behalf.

The suggestions up there are good ones, B.  We had bright decals but they didn't seem to do much.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

In high school I remember that I drank a half bottle of vodka, smoked a joint and then put in a big chaw of Red Man (first time).  I puked.   Must have been the weed.
    edited April 2018

hedonist said:
    TWO?! Oh god.

Closest for me was Thai stick in Jr. High - didn't make me actually puke but just one hit took me to where my face turned completely white and I had to sit down in humiliation at the bus stop while my friends tended to me.
    I've never puked from it either, but I once went to the 4/20 rally and did ONE $2 dab, and I had a terrible trip that lasted maybe 2 hours. My entire head and face went completely numb, as though the brain signals that connect with anything above my neck totally short circuited. I couldn't even tell if I was talking or not, or if I was drooling or not, or if anyone could hear me when I attempted to speak (they could). It really freaked me out. I did acid a lot in my younger days, and this incident was a far stronger trip than any I'd ever experienced on LSD (as well as 100% unpleasant), so that's really messed up. I have no idea wtf was up with that $2 dab, but fuck, I don't think I'll ever buy another one!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Kat said:
    Ha, some people are slower than others to "evolve". I'm sure $$$ helped him with his evolution. Regardless, I'm glad more mainstream conservative Republicans are finally figuring out what has been obvious for years.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    jeffbr said:
    Kat said:
    Ha, some people are slower than others to "evolve". I'm sure $$$ helped him with his evolution. Regardless, I'm glad more mainstream conservative Republicans are finally figuring out what has been obvious for years.
    I think you nailed it. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:
    TWO?! Oh god.

I've never puked from it either, but I once went to the 4/20 rally and did ONE $2 dab, and I had a terrible trip that lasted maybe 2 hours. My entire head and face went completely numb, as though the brain signals that connect with anything above my neck totally short circuited. I couldn't even tell if I was talking or not, or if I was drooling or not, or if anyone could hear me when I attempted to speak (they could). It really freaked me out. I did acid a lot in my younger days, and this incident was a far stronger trip than any I'd ever experienced on LSD (as well as 100% unpleasant), so that's really messed up. I have no idea wtf was up with that $2 dab, but fuck, I don't think I'll ever buy another one!
    I have no idea what you look like, yet I'm laughing my ass off thinking of someone constantly touching their face asking people if they are talking or drooling. HAHAHA
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:
    TWO?! Oh god.

I have no idea what you look like, yet I'm laughing my ass off thinking of someone constantly touching their face asking people if they are talking or drooling. HAHAHA
    You seem to have an accurate picture of it - that is exactly what I was doing! I also couldn't figure out if my mouth was actually making sound or if my ears were really hearing my own voice, so I was alternating between whispering and yelling. :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:
    TWO?! Oh god.

You seem to have an accurate picture of it - that is exactly what I was doing! I also couldn't figure out if my mouth was actually making sound or if my ears were really hearing my own voice, so I was alternating between whispering and yelling. :lol:
    LMAO. oh my god that sounds amazing. to watch, not experience. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

this needs to be in the next seth rogan film. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

this needs to be in the next seth rogan film. LOL
    Haha! The friend who was with me would probably agree with you! He still makes fun of me for it and laughs and laughs, lol.
    Second Hit?

Second Cup coffee chain is considering switching some of its coffee shops to pot shops.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-second-cup-eyes-converting-some-coffee-shops-into-marijuana-stores/

Second Hit?

Second Cup coffee chain is considering switching some of its coffee shops to pot shops.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-second-cup-eyes-converting-some-coffee-shops-into-marijuana-stores/

I saw this on the news this morning. Sounds like a good idea - investors seem to like it.
    I wish I had some extra money. I'd really like to buy stocks in this new industry. I think buying into production will make some people rich.

PJ_Soul said:
    Second Hit?

I saw this on the news this morning. Sounds like a good idea - investors seem to like it.
    I wish I had some extra money. I'd really like to buy stocks in this new industry. I think buying into production will make some people rich.

I haven't been in a Second Cup in years, but when I last did, back when I lived in Ontario for a time, I wasn't impressed. Maybe they'll do better at this. 
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Second Hit?

I haven't been in a Second Cup in years, but when I last did, back when I lived in Ontario for a time, I wasn't impressed. Maybe they'll do better at this. 
    Starbucks won the coffee chain war in Vancouver, clearly - the only Second Cup that I know of that appears to do really well is the one that is attached to the busiest skytrain station in the city, and even that one is probably avoided by some, because it's frequented by some pretty sketchy characters.... So now maybe it will be a pot shop frequented by sketchy characters, haha. It will be interesting to see how the competition between pot retailers will form the industry btw. Just thinking about that particular location (pretending that one actually switches over) ... How many pot shops will open in those main strip blocks on Commercial Drive alone? I'm thinking a LOT. That's already the city's main hub for dispensaries - there are like 6 of them within 4 blocks. I assume we're probably going to see a new pot shop battle that will basically be the same as the coffee shop battle.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    Second Hit?

there is one in Winnipeg right at the corner of one of our more prized streets, Osborne, in Osborne Village. it's an awesome place to go with a few couches, etc, kind of reminds me of Central Perk from Friends. other locations i"m not sure about. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

My recollection is that the tea was crap and so were the baked goods. Maybe it's improved. 
    Kat said:
    I can see it.  I kind of get that little squinty-eyed smile after a nice little toke. 

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    PJ_Soul said:
    Second Hit?

The packaging as well would be a good investment. IMO
    #FHP