The Golf Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Holy shit
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    man I wish I could see this.... stupid work Ha.  watching the leaderboard.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Most important shot it golf is 15 foot par saves
    Bump
    He's back. He's fucking back. I love it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Is it too much to ask to see Phil, DJ, JT and Tiger in the final few groups in a few weeks? 
    This is awesome.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/22775864/tiger-woods-one-constants-tiger-road-back-caddie-joe-lacava

I have wondered about LaCava.  Tiger definitely took care of him a bit while he was out, but some crazy loyalty on LaCava's part.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    march madness > golf.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I'm not going to say golf is super exciting but I will say I have zero interest in March Madness and don't understand at all the fascination with it.  Oh yeah, gambling.  Same with football.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I'm not going to say golf is super exciting but I will say I have zero interest in March Madness and don't understand at all the fascination with it.  Oh yeah, gambling.  Same with football.

gambling is huge but it’s not why I like march madness.

can’t get quite as excited over the country club set.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I have watched about 5 minutes of college ball this season before yesterday, so I am not terribly interested in the tournament.  I'll watch a good bit of  it, enjoy it and will definitely be flicking around, but if Tiger is in the mix, that's my focus for sure.
    edited March 2018
    Uphill climb today. Should be interesting. 

Henrik putting up some numbers. Hot damn
    This is the round I was expecting last Saturday. He's less than 15 rounds in. Shit's not gonna all go right.
    Amazing leaderboard
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

I spy kapalua. 

I love Maui 
    In the span of about five minute earlier, Johnny Miller mocked DeChambeau for thinking too much and Rory for working out too much.

GET OFF MY LAWN!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    In the span of about five minute earlier, Johnny Miller mocked DeChambeau for thinking too much and Rory for working out too much.

GET OFF MY LAWN!
    At the exact same moment Rory absolutely stuffed one 

GET OFF MY LAWN!
    At the exact same moment Rory absolutely stuffed one 
    That was absolutely hilarious
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Played in a scramble this morning in sub 40 degree weather (to start) with ice on the ground after freezing rain in Chicago last night. It was crazy but nothing a little Irish coffee couldn’t take care of! 
    Winning score was 15 under. Damn liars! Lol 
    bbiggs said:
    Winning score was 15 under. Damn liars! Lol 
    We lost a scramble last year because the winning score was 22 under (a 50). That's right, they supposedly birdied every par 3 and 4 and eagled every par 5. 
    ^ Wow! Now 22 under is blatant lying. 15 under is realistic. I just liked talking shit to them because they were way too serious. They were right in front of us and literally asked us to turn our music off on the first tee box. I’m thinking, dude, it’s a scramble on St Patrick’s Day for gods sake. Captain f’n Serious! Lol 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Wow! Now 22 under is blatant lying. 15 under is realistic. I just liked talking shit to them because they were way too serious. They were right in front of us and literally asked us to turn our music off on the first tee box. I’m thinking, dude, it’s a scramble on St Patrick’s Day for gods sake. Captain f’n Serious! Lol 

But they won....ha.

Cold weather golf is fun once you get used to the weather after a couple holes. 

bbiggs said:

But they won....ha.

I’m attempting to play today. Gonna be around 34 when I tee off. Should be into the 40’s at the turn. Beeeeautiful day for a round o’ golf

chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:

But they won....ha.

They did win but out of 36 groups they seemed to be the only ones pretending they were playing for a paycheck on a Sunday.  Our music was being played from an I phone speaker so you can imagine how “loud” and distracting it must have been. ;) 
    Out of all the golfers in the outing there was one female. She hit a hole in one and bought the entire outing a round! Pretty awesome...and expensive hole in one! 
    bbiggs said:
    Out of all the golfers in the outing there was one female. She hit a hole in one and bought the entire outing a round! Pretty awesome...and expensive hole in one! 
    Bummer no hole in prize!
    This is so fucking fun 
    Tiger is firing on all cylinders. No weaknesses to his game right now. Stenson rarely goes backwards though. Rory...who knows.