Jeremy - What Makes This Song Great?

2»

Comments

• Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
    Excellent in-depth breakdown of Jeremy by musician/producer/instructor Rick Beato.  I had no idea this song was as complex as it is.  This guy seriously knows his shit!

Was anyone else aware there was a cello in the song?  I sure didn't. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usRmxyGruWI

I really enjoyed this - thanks for posting!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I will never be bored of this song and live it sends me into another dimension
    Yep.  I remember back in 03 at the State College show the whole crowd was wailing the WHOOOOOAAAAAA-Ohhhhhh-oh-oh-ohs.  My eyes panned around the entire arena utterly amazed.  It was an absolute panoply!  The hairs on my arms were sticking straight up and every single pore was goose bumps.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    JimmyV said:
    The opening bass has popped every crowd that has ever heard it. Hands down an all-time classic.

I've always felt they should open with it...just once. The roof would blow of the joint. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited March 2018
    Because that's where it all began... :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    JimmyV said:
    The opening bass has popped every crowd that has ever heard it. Hands down an all-time classic.

I've always felt they should open with it...just once. The roof would blow of the joint. 
    Yes! That would be the shit.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JimmyV said:

Hell yeah. That would be insane! 
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    They have
    Chrysler arena 94
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    Got me into PJ in 92.  Still my favorite PJ song. 
    Agree, this song really got me into the band when I was 11
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Got me into PJ in 92.  Still my favorite PJ song. 
    Agree, this song really got me into the band when I was 11
    I wasnt ready for pearl jam at 11
    I was 18 when they arrived in 91
    If i was 11 and heard jeremy i wouldve been rocked.
      I'm a puss. I destroyed 16 KISS records in the christian phase of life .destroyed cd collections because the returned christian phase of adult pussdom .

Still i let myself get depressed
    Thats when i destroy art i never should. 
    Pray with me. Heavenly Mike give me the strength to not destroy records anymore .Omg way up in northsky. Its gotta be jesus. Huge

This message was approved by pit sausages the world over

Disingenuous they say? Me?.Fuck em

Jeremy spoken spoken jeremy spoke in class today
  • why go homewhy go home Posts: 287
    The songs is put together brilliantly, i've played in bands for years and the thought process in the parts for the songs is something i would never think of. Yet it's so simple with a strong message
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:

Oh hell yes!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JimmyV said:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......