The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Most important shot it golf is 15 foot par saves
    Ugh
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This is impressive stuff Tiger is doing. I’d love to see him notch another W going into Augusta. If he does get a W, and if he’s in contention on the weekend at Augusta, he will be in everyone’s head for sure. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    bbiggs said:
    This is impressive stuff Tiger is doing. I’d love to see him notch another W going into Augusta. If he does get a W, and if he’s in contention on the weekend at Augusta, he will be in everyone’s head for sure. 
    If Tiger wins The Masters the crowds will start to turn on the young guns.   Jordan who?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    There aren’t as many Dolphin fans as there were when dan marino was playing.  There aren’t as many Bulls fans as when Jordan played.   Non die hard Packers fans will start to go when Rodgers retires and they have a scrub QB.  

My point is that in a lot of sports one to two players move the needle.  When Tiger is playing, and especially in his third healthy tourney in two years essentially, he is the only one in the field worth taking about.  

Very simple concept that haters do not understand, or at least don’t want to admit.
    I disagree.  I hope Tiger does have success this time around. Unfortunately, even though he's one of the greatest ever, he is in his 40's and the reason so much attention is directed his way is in part because of his off course history. There are a lot of young exciting golfers worthy of talking about.  The media focuses on what they figure will garner ratings. I personally have watched more golf in the last 4 years than ever. So to say he's the only one worth talking about is a disservice to everyone else. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    There aren’t as many Dolphin fans as there were when dan marino was playing.  There aren’t as many Bulls fans as when Jordan played.   Non die hard Packers fans will start to go when Rodgers retires and they have a scrub QB.  

My point is that in a lot of sports one to two players move the needle.  When Tiger is playing, and especially in his third healthy tourney in two years essentially, he is the only one in the field worth taking about.  

Very simple concept that haters do not understand, or at least don’t want to admit.
    I disagree.  I hope Tiger does have success this time around. Unfortunately, even though he's one of the greatest ever, he is in his 40's and the reason so much attention is directed his way is in part because of his off course history. There are a lot of young exciting golfers worthy of talking about.  The media focuses on what they figure will garner ratings. I personally have watched more golf in the last 4 years than ever. So to say he's the only one worth talking about is a disservice to everyone else. 
    There is plenty of coverage of the younger players. It just so happens they are playing in a tournament with one of the greatest ever. It doesn't matter what sport it is, that player will always get the most coverage. You think Howard Cosell was focusing on up and coming boxers when Ali returned to the ring against Holmes?
    Despite his age, Tiger is still the draw. And no offense to the young guys, but none of them will ever come close to what Tiger did in his prime. Mclroy and Spieth both missed the cut. I don't ridicule them for it. It's golf. That's what happens. A guy can win a major and miss the cut the following week. Except for Tiger. In his prime he never missed a cut. At one point he made 142 in a row.

Insert Wobbie comment here:___________________________ ;)
    Predicting a 73 from tiger today. Don’t know about the wind yet but think he scrambles a bit after a couple good rounds
    Looks like Tiger is paired with Paul Casey. He was close to being paired with J Rose which would have been cool.  Maybe playing with Casey, who is somewhat from his era, keeps this resurrection of the old Tiger going.  Let’s get a win TW! 
    bbiggs said:
    Looks like Tiger is paired with Paul Casey. He was close to being paired with J Rose which would have been cool.  Maybe playing with Casey, who is somewhat from his era, keeps this resurrection of the old Tiger going.  Let’s get a win TW! 
    Playing with sneds 
    bbiggs said:
    Playing with sneds 
    Sneds is too much of a nice guy. I’d rather see tiger play with a prick to bring out the fire in him. Lol 
    Stallings and Scott with 6 and 5 under rounds today. Low scores are out there. 
    The bride took the baby up to her sisters and after a busy morning I have the afternoon off. Me, the dog, some Guinness and the golf

Let’s go tiger 
    Couple of missed opportunities on relatively short birdie putts, but man is tiger striping the ball. His swing looks so good and natural right now. 
    The gallery tomorrow is going to be ape fucking shit 
    The gallery tomorrow is going to be ape fucking shit 
    Absolutely. What are the odds of Tiger belting out a “fuck yeah” if he wins? I say 100%. 
    I haven’t been this excited to watch a Sunday round in a while. This is gonna be fun. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Cannot wait to settle in this afternoon. Haven't been able to watch much of this at all this week
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Tiger is out for blood today
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Tiger had the fastest club head speed recorded on tour this season.  Unbelievable.  Great start with a birdie.  I will guess the winning number is 13 under.
    Wish the gallery would stick around for the final group to put some pressure on Rose
    I’d say that drive on 5 fits tiger’s eye
    Couple of nice par saving putts. Needs to hole the makeable birdie putts too. 
    Wish the gallery would stick around for the final group to put some pressure on Rose
    Yep. Rose is relaxed like this is a practice round. 
    Gonna have to make a putt spon
    It’s time. Has to hole this one on 8. Missed too many short ones. 
    bbiggs said:
    How does that miss?!
    bbiggs said:
    How does that miss?!
    Crazy. Needed that one. 
    Needs 2 birds at least. Has a shot here. Reed just missed low 
    Ugh
    Ugh
    Yep. It’s going to require some magic with the toughest stretch of holes in front of him. 
    washed up