******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    In Manyunk yesterday 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Anyone else keep finding more shit to buy?

Desean called Chip a "big weirdo". haha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    JK_Livin said:
    Anyone else keep finding more shit to buy?

Desean called Chip a "big weirdo". haha
    Haha, I think $175 was my limit on a hoodie, long sleeve tee, knit hat, shirt for the wife, onesie and bib for the baby....yeah, I think that covers it......maybe....
    I think that Goldbergs show is dedicated to your WORLD CHAMPION PHILADEPHIA EAGLES tonight...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    In Manyunk yesterday 

Has he been associated with the mummers or Avalon before this? I know they had to go back years to find an outfit that fit him, but why Avalon? Has he always played the sax? I have so many questions.
    Yeah, he's been spotted in Avalon and Sea Isle a bunch over the years...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Avalon the club. They just combined a bunch of leftover costume garb from prior years. Avalon is also one of the less shitty clubs (oxymoron right there) - just string bands, no wenches I believe. Yes, he has played the sax since at least high school I think? We go way back. ALSO showed up at Central High to play the sax.

Everyman Jason Kelce.....who gets paid A LOT more than the everyman.

So the club has nothing to do with the shore town?

Huh....well, I'll be

chinese-happy.jpg
    People do like their Avalon/(insert shore town) hoodies though, so I really felt the need to clear the air.
    Avalon the club. They just combined a bunch of leftover costume garb from prior years. Avalon is also one of the less shitty clubs (oxymoron right there) - just string bands, no wenches I believe. Yes, he has played the sax since at least high school I think? We go way back. ALSO showed up at Central High to play the sax.

Everyman Jason Kelce.....who gets paid A LOT more than the everyman.
    Well this answers a good amount of it, stalkerface. Yeah, Avalon string band. It’s right around the corner. Definitely one of the better ones, have won a few times I think.  I’m just wondering how he got associated with them and if there is anything going back or what. It’s all very random but kinda cool. I didn’t realize they still do that Manayunk day thing either. Bet that is a good old mess.
    I told ya - takes over for Chase Utley, bigly.

South Philly and Mummers makes sense to me. Manayunk and Mummers makes me want to stab myself in the eye.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    The Goldbergs tonight doing an Eagles show.  Merrill Reese, Mike Quick, Howie Roseman and Don Smolenski make appearances.  I'll have to check it out.

http://6abc.com/entertainment/the-goldbergs-celebrate-philadelphia-eagles-with-special-episode/3139177/
    I told ya - takes over for Chase Utley, bigly.

South Philly and Mummers makes sense to me. Manayunk and Mummers makes me want to stab myself in the eye.
    Nah, chase utley’s was better.

Yea, I don’t really get it. Gotta be a complete mess. I do know a lot of them travel around the country here and there to perform. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    not sure if anyone saw tonight's episode but it was pretty funny/good.  They showed the Buddy's Watchin' You video.   Also Quick Six and Merrill Reese had cameo's.  NIce tribute about the eagles towards the end and we got to see the real JTP!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Yeah that was pretty awesome Dave 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I don't want to brag but my back made the Eagles SB video!

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Those are amazing seats.

I bought that on Prime Video last night since I know I'll never buy a physical blu ray again. It was awesome.
    ^Prime video eh? I see what lies ahead for me this shitty snowy afternoon....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    To clarify, it's not like "Let's Play Two" and it's free. It's $12, but it's oh so worth it.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Who's getting cut?

Report: Seahawks trading Bennett to Eagles

by Jack Browne 18m ago
    Joe Nicholson / USA TODAY Sports

The rich get richer.

The Seattle Seahawks are trading star defensive end Michael Bennett and a seventh-round pick to the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles for a fifth-rounder and receiver Marcus Johnson, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Bennett has three years remaining on his current contract. He carries a 2018 cap number of around $8.39 million, and hits of approximately $8.74 million and $10.24 million in 2019 and 2020, respectively.

The 32-year-old has made the Pro Bowl in each of the last three seasons, acting as a key cog in the center of the Seahawks' vaunted defense.

However, Seattle is looking to reload its aging roster. Richard Shermanreportedly told teammates that he won't be with the team in 2018.

Meanwhile, the Eagles get a huge addition to an already strong defensive line. Bennett joins a group that already boasts Fletcher CoxBrandon Graham, and 2017 first-rounder Derek Barnett.

HOWIE IS A MOTHERFUCKING BEAST
    To clarify, it's not like "Let's Play Two" and it's free. It's $12, but it's oh so worth it.
    Yeah I figured. About to crack open a beer and locate said video. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Isn't Bennett a racist/anti-white guy?  Not too familiar with his personal life but that's what people are saying. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Yeah I figured. About to crack open a beer and locate said video. 
    Just got done shoveling my gigantic property (South Philly rowhome of about 15 feet of sidewalk). It's a heavy snow.

I think I might join you.
    Isn't Bennett a racist/anti-white guy?  Not too familiar with his personal life but that's what people are saying. 
    Are these your Trump people?

Regardless...

Annnnd Kapadia at The Athletic...good shit...

"Breaking down the Michael Bennett trade: How he fits, cap implications and what's next
    By Sheil Kapadia 7 minutes ago

The Eagles' offseason got off to an explosive start Wednesday as the team agreed to terms on a trade that will bring veteran defensive lineman Michael Bennett to Philadelphia.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Eagles get Bennett and a seventh-round pick for a fifth-round pick and wide receiver Marcus Johnson. Let's go Q&A style to break down the trade.

How does Bennett fit in Jim Schwartz's scheme?

In Seattle's 4-3, Bennett played defensive end in base and swung inside in their sub packages. The term versatile is often overused, but it really fits with Bennett. He's capable of playing multiple spots on the Eagles' defensive line, but what has to excite the Eagles the most is teaming Bennett up with Fletcher Cox inside on third down and obvious passing situations. Bennett is a skilled pass rusher and a gap-penetrating defensive lineman who constantly makes plays behind the line of scrimmage. If the Eagles part ways with Vinny Curry (more on that below) and don't want to start Derek Barnett, Bennett could play right defensive end in base. If Cox were to suffer an injury, Bennett could fill in there. There are a lot of options, but the bottom line is he fits the scheme well.

Is he still productive?

Bennett will turn 33 in November, but he was still a very productive player last season, totaling 8.5 sacks and 24 quarterback hits. To put that into perspective, nobody on the Eagles had more than 18 QB hits last year, and only Brandon Graham had more sacks. Bennett's 14 tackles for loss tied for 16th in the NFL. One thing to keep in mind here is that the Seahawks did not rotate defensive linemen as much as the Eagles do. Bennett played 931 snaps (84.8 percent overall) last season. No defensive lineman on the Eagles played more than 662, according to Pro Football Focus. The Eagles have to think that reducing Bennett's workload can help keep him fresh. That's something we saw with Chris Long last season.

Is there another shoe to drop?

Yes. And it almost certainly involves Vinny Curry. As we've written in this space, it's seemed likely all along that the Eagles were going to trade or release Curry, and the addition of Bennett makes that a near certainty. The Eagles can continue to try to trade Curry, and if they're unable to do so, they'll likely release him to create cap space.

Without Curry, the current defensive line group (meaning the guys who will definitely be on the roster) is: Graham, Bennett, Cox, Barnett, Tim Jernigan and Long.

How does this affect the Eagles' cap situation?

One of the reasons this was an attractive move is because it makes sense financially for 2018. Bennett has a base salary of just $1.65 million for next season. Per a source, he's due a $3 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the league year and also has a per-game roster bonus that can total another $1 million (he gets $62,500 for every game that he's on the 46-man active gameday roster). Bennett's current cap charge for 2018 will be about $5.65 million. The Seahawks eat $5.1 million in dead money.

The Eagles have other options too. They could convert that $3 million roster bonus into a signing bonus and spread that money out throughout the duration of his contract, which runs through 2020. By doing that, they would reduce his cap charge for 2018 to just $3.65 million.

Bennett's salary jumps up to $7 million in 2019 and $8.5 million in 2020. Essentially, this is a one-year commitment for the Eagles. They can decide after 2018 whether they want to keep Bennett or part ways with him.

Will Bennett be a fit in the Eagles' locker room?

Bennett is a big personality. He will readily admit that he doesn't like quarterbacks or offensive linemen. But he was a leader on the Seahawks' defense and even hosted some of the team's younger defensive linemen for training sessions in Hawaii (where he lives) during the offseason.

Bennett started a book club in Seattle and has written his own book as well. He believes strongly in athletes using their platforms for social activism, which was a theme last year for the Eagles — specifically with Malcolm Jenkins and Chris Long. In my opinion, he will fit in well — and not just because of this…"