The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    hedonist said:
    It's all over the news here this morning (plus DUI ads).

For me, having a medical prescription for the next year or so, the only changes should be packaging and additional taxes.  I figure other shit and details should be figured out over the coming months.

This is such a win/win!
    Here in OR if you have a medical card you don't pay the taxes.

On Weediquette they had a special about driving impaired. If you fail the field test they can take blood to determine the level. Problem is they still don't know what is a 'safe' level. People can be over the legal limit yet not be impaired.
    #FHP
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    Jeff Sessions, former senator from Alabama, the state that hasn't raised taxes on alcohol since 1969.  The state that makes it easy to get drunk on cheap booze.  I can  picture Sessions using that worn out phrase, "the evil weed" while downing a shot of Wild Turkey.  Hypocritical son-of-a-bitch.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:
    Jeff Sessions, former senator from Alabama, the state that hasn't raised taxes on alcohol since 1969.  The state that makes it easy to get drunk on cheap booze.  I can  picture Sessions using that worn out phrase, "the evil weed" while downing a shot of Wild Turkey.  Hypocritical son-of-a-bitch.

God, he's such a fucking hypocrite.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/jeff-sessions-anti-weed-crusader-was-a-shill-for-big-1792831457

"The new Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, is concerned about marijuana. Yesterday he said that he doesn’t want it to be “sold at every corner grocery store.” You can’t get weed at many corner stores just yet, but there is a product at those stores that kills about 400,000 Americans each year. And Sessions has vigorously defended the interests of that product. I’m talking, of course, about tobacco."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    jeffbr said:
    brianlux said:

God, he's such a fucking hypocrite.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/jeff-sessions-anti-weed-crusader-was-a-shill-for-big-1792831457

"The new Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, is concerned about marijuana. Yesterday he said that he doesn’t want it to be “sold at every corner grocery store.” You can’t get weed at many corner stores just yet, but there is a product at those stores that kills about 400,000 Americans each year. And Sessions has vigorously defended the interests of that product. I’m talking, of course, about tobacco."

I agree with you, Brian. He's absolutely a hypocrite. And a liar. I'm sure his private prison buddies are salivating at the idea that their prisons will soon begin filling back up with non-violent weed smokers.  
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Horos said:
    hedonist said:
    It's all over the news here this morning (plus DUI ads).

For me, having a medical prescription for the next year or so, the only changes should be packaging and additional taxes.  I figure other shit and details should be figured out over the coming months.

This is such a win/win!
    Here in OR if you have a medical card you don't pay the taxes.

On Weediquette they had a special about driving impaired. If you fail the field test they can take blood to determine the level. Problem is they still don't know what is a 'safe' level. People can be over the legal limit yet not be impaired.
    No sales tax with the card still, I believe, but there's a county excise tax and another one I can't remember at the moment.

Love Weediquette though haven't seen that episode.  You can't go wrong with Bong Appetit either =)

And fuck Sessions!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I wish I knew someone I could buy off. I really want something tonight.
    You ever try growing your own , it’s better than buying it ..
    Illegal here.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    edited January 2018
    Trumpsters and weed go hand in hand.  they voted against their own interests once again.  But Obama......right?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Here in Australia they do random roadside drug tests for cannabis and other drug using saliva devices. 4 hours seems too soon. I would have thought 24 hours to be okay to drive.
    Random roadside saliva tests? Wtf is going on down under? I read they are becoming a nanny state, but that's just ridiculous 
    my2hands said:
    Here in Australia they do random roadside drug tests for cannabis and other drug using saliva devices. 4 hours seems too soon. I would have thought 24 hours to be okay to drive.
    Random roadside saliva tests? Wtf is going on down under? I read they are becoming a nanny state, but that's just ridiculous 
    Nanny state for sure.
    You drag some tab on your tongue which detects a variety of drugs. I actually have no issue with it. I don't want some driver high on something killing me or my loved ones.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    my2hands said:
    It sounds like the same concept as DUI checkpoints.
    This could get interesting.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/07/us/california-sanctuary-marijuana.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

In Clash Between California and Trump, It’s One America Versus Another

When drivers entered California recently from the borders with Arizona and Nevada, they were greeted with signs welcoming them to an “official sanctuary state” that is home to “felons” and “illegals.” It was a prank, but the message was clear: By entering California, they might as well have been entering foreign territory.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

A friend forwarded me this excellent article on Sativa and Indica strains.  Worth the read!
    https://www.alternet.org/print/drugs/indicas-sativas-myrcene

brianlux said:
    A friend forwarded me this excellent article on Sativa and Indica strains.  Worth the read!
    https://www.alternet.org/print/drugs/indicas-sativas-myrcene

Never tried weed but if I did, it'd be sativa!
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Legalization is coming to Canada in July, maybe August, more than likely the fall...

i myself dont care care either way if it’s legal ... I would never give up my medicinal prescription to participate in our governments poor attempt at legalization.  The government could/should have decriminalized long ago...the price per gram sounds like it’ll be 10/gram plus tax and we pay tax on medicinal as well, crooked government, the dealers will still be in business and will continue to thrive.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Legalization is coming to Canada in July, maybe August, more than likely the fall...

i myself dont care care either way if it’s legal ... I would never give up my medicinal prescription to participate in our governments poor attempt at legalization.  The government could/should have decriminalized long ago...the price per gram sounds like it’ll be 10/gram plus tax and we pay tax on medicinal as well, crooked government, the dealers will still be in business and will continue to thrive.
    Legal in the entire country?

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    brianlux said:

Yes, legal in the entire country recreationally. How that is delivered varies provincially. 

And, poor attempt, meltdown? One of the first counties in the world to bite this bullet and it’s a poor attempt? It’s not as easy as you seem to think it is and I personally am really pleased they’re pushing through. And of course it’s getting taxed. It would be pretty naive to think it wasn’t going to be taxed. That’s one of the motivators for government to get it done.  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    brianlux said:

Yes, legal in the entire country recreationally. How that is delivered varies provincially. 

And, poor attempt, meltdown? One of the first counties in the world to bite this bullet and it’s a poor attempt? It’s not as easy as you seem to think it is and I personally am really pleased they’re pushing through. And of course it’s getting taxed. It would be pretty naive to think it wasn’t going to be taxed. That’s one of the motivators for government to get it done.  
    Amazing!

Here in California, not all dispensaries are open for recreational.  None here in El Dorado county.  I have to go down to Sacramento for that.  And how foolish of this county.  Sacramento county gets my tax dollars on recreational instead of my own county.  This place is so bassackwards.

That said, I did get some nice goodies down in Sac.!

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Amazing!

Here in California, not all dispensaries are open for recreational.  None here in El Dorado county.  I have to go down to Sacramento for that.  And how foolish of this county.  Sacramento county gets my tax dollars on recreational instead of my own county.  This place is so bassackwards.

That said, I did get some nice goodies down in Sac.!
    In Greeley, CO they don't have any dispensaries medicinal or recreational.  But right next door is a 1 square mile town which had at least 4 recreational  and has more tax income then they know what to do with.
    brianlux said:

Yes, in Canada only the federal government can legalize it...the best the provinnce can do is ignore the law and charge anyone.  I think in Vancouver the police pretty much ignore the law...
    Give Peas A Chance…

brianlux said:

It is a poor attempt ... not everyone lives in provinces that will get it right.  Ontario is going to fuck it up, trust me...

Why not just decriminalize it in 2015?  And work toward legalization and make sure you get it right...and anyone who doesn’t get a medicinal prescription...then you can wait.  And the dealers will win, their weed will be cheaper, tax free and of quality potency...

That’s why what Trudeau says about legalizing it will eliminate the dealer...at 10/gram the dealers will win, oh and doesTrudeau think people will drop their dealer to pay more to have to drive to a store to get their pot and pay excessive tax...many dealers even deliver...yeah right, he hasn’t a clue.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Here 1/2 gram pre-rolls are $7 and 1 gram are $12. This includes tax. It’s cheaper just buying the weed loose, depending on the strain. I don’t inow what the word on the street is for illegal pot dealers, but I imagine there isn’t much business. The weed stores are accepted socially. For example I was just at an all ages concert where thousands of people came and went, and the mainstage was sponsored by a weed store and had a giant banner behind the band. I feel shadier going into the liquor store. 

brianlux said:

It is a poor attempt ... not everyone lives in provinces that will get it right.  Ontario is going to fuck it up, trust me...

Why not just decriminalize it in 2015?  And work toward legalization and make sure you get it right...and anyone who doesn’t get a medicinal prescription...then you can wait.  And the dealers will win, their weed will be cheaper, tax free and of quality potency...

That’s why what Trudeau says about legalizing it will eliminate the dealer...at 10/gram the dealers will win, oh and doesTrudeau think people will drop their dealer to pay more to have to drive to a store to get their pot and pay excessive tax...many dealers even deliver...yeah right, he hasn’t a clue.
    Why not decriminalize in 2015?? What, under Harper? That makes zero sense - there was no way that Harper was ever going to do anything other than tighten pot laws. And even if that wasn’t the case, it also makes no sense to complain that it wasn’t legalized in the past when it’s being legalized now. 

You seem to have little idea how federal and provincial politics works. 
    Here 1/2 gram pre-rolls are $7 and 1 gram are $12. This includes tax. It’s cheaper just buying the weed loose, depending on the strain. I don’t inow what the word on the street is for illegal pot dealers, but I imagine there isn’t much business. The weed stores are accepted socially. For example I was just at an all ages concert where thousands of people came and went, and the mainstage was sponsored by a weed store and had a giant banner behind the band. I feel shadier going into the liquor store. 
    I noticed that when I was in Medford a little while back.  The store was a nice experience.  The guy told med they were getting no flack and that pretty much everyone was good with the new laws. 

Our bigger cities are getting it down nicely, maybe someday here in the smaller towns as well.

brianlux said:

Why not decriminalize in 2015?? What, under Harper? That makes zero sense - there was no way that Harper was ever going to do anything other than tighten pot laws. And even if that wasn’t the case, it also makes no sense to complain that it wasn’t legalized in the past when it’s being legalized now. 

You are full of full of shit...I meant when dumbass trudeau was elected...the difference from me and you is i don’t need a politicians to legalize  something that should never be illegal...I’m not here to argue...we can agree to disagree...now have a great fucking night.  Your fucking useless opinion  means fuck all to me...deal with it...I don’t need a bunch of useless politicians legalizing something because it’s a cash cow...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Bringing the meltdown in Meltdown99
    I would try a strain called "Meltdown".  But only late in the day!

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Indica= in da couch...

easiest way to remember the difference. .
    edited February 2018

brianlux said:

You are full of full of shit...I meant when dumbass trudeau was elected...the difference from me and you is i don’t need a politicians to legalize  something that should never be illegal...I’m not here to argue...we can agree to disagree...now have a great fucking night.  Your fucking useless opinion  means fuck all to me...deal with it...I don’t need a bunch of useless politicians legalizing something because it’s a cash cow...
    You might not need a politician to legalize something, but nonetheless the law does. Oh well; that’s life. 

And “dumbass Trudeau “ was elected at the end of October, 2015. Kind of tricky to get major legislation passed within two months. 

Post edited by oftenreading on
    This is what’s known as “unclear on the concept”.