Springsteen at Australia Concert: 'We Stand Before You Embarrassed Americans'

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Everyday things are getting better...........
    SHITHOLE. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I will be getting rid of his vinyl records in my collection - more like banned in the USA!!! http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/bruce-springsteen-australia-concert-embarrassed-americans-dont-hang
    :rofl: Oh man, I never saw this thread until today. So how is your Springsteen boycott treating you?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So buck how about you get. T-shirt with the caption I stand with the fool to show your patriotism...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I still hate Bruce
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    :rofl:

❄️
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • I still hate Bruce
    And still have his vinyls.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    no, I am going to make a video of me shooting them with my AK.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    let us know how many likes you get on youtube with that one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited January 2018
    The ak is the weapon of communists. At least use an ar to represent 'Merica.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Just what this country needs, another pissed off guy with a gun and a video camera lol

I hope you're not going to see Pearl Jam in 2018 my friend
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited January 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTGlSp0oB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk8g86S8CRY

Post edited by Smellyman on
    my2hands said:
    Just what this country needs, another pissed off guy with a gun and a video camera lol

I ain’t mad. I am just proud I can actually do this if so choose to ;)
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    The good news is Bruce sucks so boycotting his music is no loss ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    Really ^^^^^ I’m not a big Boss fan but he def doesn’t suck , what will you say when Vedder starts his rants on this bafoon on the upcoming Europeing tour ? 
    my2hands said:

You are showing you disagree with someone politically by shooting at symbols that represent them

I think that's really poor taste, and something we need a little less of in this country in my opinion
    Really ^^^^^ I’m not a big Boss fan but he def doesn’t suck , what will you say when Vedder starts his rants on this bafoon on the upcoming Europeing tour ? 
    Ed won’t.
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

You are showing you disagree with someone politically by shooting at symbols that represent them

I think that's really poor taste, and something we need a little less of in this country in my opinion
    I guess I could just burn them instead. I don’t disagree pollitically with Bruce- I think it is in poor taste to go to other country bad mouthing the United States.  Again make a statement at the voting booth, not in a different country.
    Ed won’t.
    lol yeah ok get ready to trash all your PJ items  !
  • Really ^^^^^ I’m not a big Boss fan but he def doesn’t suck , what will you say when Vedder starts his rants on this bafoon on the upcoming Europeing tour ? 
    Ed won’t.

lol

You're dreaming.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    OKAY....
    I'm one of the "badly informed" Europeans here... or maybe I better should say: one of them who should just relax in our country and enjoy ourselves rather than talk about things that we know nothing about (yeah :s thanks Godfather...) :D
    ...But... sorry man... that gave me a good laugh ... =) ... well, (I know you won't and that tells everything) but you should be embarrassed about that guy who is representing your country with a lot of great people in it in such an inglorious way!
    How much further does he has to go until you open your eyes hey?
    After reading 11 pages here today I am really shocked that you people standing behind trump are still not able to realise how the world is viewing. Ok, you might give a shit but I'm asking myself does he represent your personal behaviour? Is that what you want me to see? Doesn't you prefer to be taken seriously?
    Are all of you Trump supporters still ignorant and selfish? Just a general question. 

Well I respect your own opinion, we Europeans can do that nowadays ;) that's the point about democracy. Ignorance doesn't fit. Selfishness doesn't help. Trying to make things better for everybody is the key. The trumpet doesn't represent that. He does not care about you people! He does not care about freedom, peace, environment or the poor people. He is lying openly every single freaking f..g day! He is destroying the fragile economic equilibrium and partnerships around the world. He is not representing your country well! You know that! I hope you know that!

And what kind of patriot is leaving the country to go to Europe while Obama was around? Wrong place for Obama haters here! :lol: 

By the way,  I enjoy Eddies opinions most of the time, because he is honest, bringing it straight up! I even don't have to agree at all. I think it's already good for getting people into conversation, sharing their own opinions and hopefully make them thinking in different ways too. You don't have to change your mind, you just have to be open to see through other peoples eyes. If he only reaches people to broaden one's horizons he already did something good. We need those people. Music has always carried politics, statements every kind of feelings. 
    You want to give up one of your favourite musician just because he doesn't share your opinion? Well.. that's just a mystery to me - but still your own convincement! 
    Buck: I don’t disagree politically with Bruce- I think it is in poor taste to go to other country bad mouthing the United States.  Again make a statement at the voting booth, not in a different country. Fair enough, but I still would be honest too about the wrong decisions my government made or things which are going wrong here in Europe. So you don't need to hide what's going wrong in your country - that is not bad patriotism!

I don't get it.. you don't disagree politically with Bruce but support the trumpet? I must have gotten something wrong... 
    I'm curious... :) Just smile and don't care about what BS said. Then go and see PJ and after that join some good conversations about Eddies comments here. 
    Be open people!

Ok, feel free to react honestly! ;)
  • kce8 said:
    OKAY....
    I'm one of the "badly informed" Europeans here... or maybe I better should say: one of them who should just relax in our country and enjoy ourselves rather than talk about things that we know nothing about (yeah :s thanks Godfather...) :D
    ...But... sorry man... that gave me a good laugh ... =) ... well, (I know you won't and that tells everything) but you should be embarrassed about that guy who is representing your country with a lot of great people in it in such an inglorious way!
    How much further does he has to go until you open your eyes hey?
    After reading 11 pages here today I am really shocked that you people standing behind trump are still not able to realise how the world is viewing. Ok, you might give a shit but I'm asking myself does he represent your personal behaviour? Is that what you want me to see? Doesn't you prefer to be taken seriously?
    Are all of you Trump supporters still ignorant and selfish? Just a general question. 

Well I respect your own opinion, we Europeans can do that nowadays ;) that's the point about democracy. Ignorance doesn't fit. Selfishness doesn't help. Trying to make things better for everybody is the key. The trumpet doesn't represent that. He does not care about you people! He does not care about freedom, peace, environment or the poor people. He is lying openly every single freaking f..g day! He is destroying the fragile economic equilibrium and partnerships around the world. He is not representing your country well! You know that! I hope you know that!

And what kind of patriot is leaving the country to go to Europe while Obama was around? Wrong place for Obama haters here! :lol: 

By the way,  I enjoy Eddies opinions most of the time, because he is honest, bringing it straight up! I even don't have to agree at all. I think it's already good for getting people into conversation, sharing their own opinions and hopefully make them thinking in different ways too. You don't have to change your mind, you just have to be open to see through other peoples eyes. If he only reaches people to broaden one's horizons he already did something good. We need those people. Music has always carried politics, statements every kind of feelings. 
    You want to give up one of your favourite musician just because he doesn't share your opinion? Well.. that's just a mystery to me - but still your own convincement! 
    Buck: I don’t disagree politically with Bruce- I think it is in poor taste to go to other country bad mouthing the United States.  Again make a statement at the voting booth, not in a different country. Fair enough, but I still would be honest too about the wrong decisions my government made or things which are going wrong here in Europe. So you don't need to hide what's going wrong in your country - that is not bad patriotism!

I don't get it.. you don't disagree politically with Bruce but support the trumpet? I must have gotten something wrong... 
    I'm curious... :) Just smile and don't care about what BS said. Then go and see PJ and after that join some good conversations about Eddies comments here. 
    Be open people!

Ok, feel free to react honestly! ;)

The truth hurts. And it is an entertaining circus for sure!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Ed won’t.
    "I wish I was the President...I'd apologize to the French....Most of the things Bush said were lies........Americas been hypnotized."

Marseille, France 2006

One of many examples, I assume.
    edited January 2018
    You think Ed won't talk shit about trump on stage in 2018? In Europe???? No politically charged songs? 

You're fucking off your rocker

Don't shoot your Benny when he does, send it to this libtard hippie to spin, spin, spin... because I'll tell ya straight up trump is a piece of shit lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • mcgruff10 said:

While the Soviet Avtomat Kalashnikova has become the iconic weapon of bad guys in Hollywood blockbusters and big-budget video games, U.S. commandos made good use of the rugged rifles in Vietnam.

By the end of the conflict, the American military had reissued captured Ak-47s, made new ammunition for them and came up with a few other surprises.

It’s often because the commandos hated their own U.S.-made guns.

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/u-s-commandos-had-a-love-affair-with-captured-ak-47s-87ab1e4ae2c1

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Really ^^^^^ I’m not a big Boss fan but he def doesn’t suck , what will you say when Vedder starts his rants on this bafoon on the upcoming Europeing tour ? 
    Ed won’t.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Ed won’t.

lol
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:

While the Soviet Avtomat Kalashnikova has become the iconic weapon of bad guys in Hollywood blockbusters and big-budget video games, U.S. commandos made good use of the rugged rifles in Vietnam.

By the end of the conflict, the American military had reissued captured Ak-47s, made new ammunition for them and came up with a few other surprises.

It’s often because the commandos hated their own U.S.-made guns.

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/u-s-commandos-had-a-love-affair-with-captured-ak-47s-87ab1e4ae2c1

Ok let's not get in a gun debate here but the reason why the u.s. troops hated the m-16 at first is because they were prone to jamming.  After some modifications they were a ok.  But soldiers definitely did like the ak-47 during vietnam because you could bury that rifle in the mud for 8 months, dig it out and shoot all 30 rounds with no jamming issues at all.  m-16's are far more accurate compared to the ak-47 hence the "spray and pray" phrase adopted by troops.  
    but yes the ak is definitely communist as it was the weapon of choice for china, the soviet union, north vietnam, etc.  the u.s. never adopted the ak-47 for their military.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I love you guys
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Ed won’t.
    He already has