Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mrk2 said:
    Krakow-Berlin flight up from 249 to 299, and now 359 PLN
    DONT TELL ME I DIDNT SAID IT!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    ZeldaZonk said:
    jdopj said:
    For the love of god no stadiums
    Amen to that! 
    Double amen stadium shows are not for me at all , did Fenway last year had my usual 3rd row up front seat but the people who had seats on the field on the sides they told me it felt like they were not even at the show, completely removed from the show at least arenas you feel part of the show no matter where you might be seated ..
    Surly ballparks are different to standard stadiums where no tiered seat is anyway close to the stage.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    Flights booked from Belfast to the City Airport for London
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Damn. If only 6 hours i would have rather taken the train than fly. 

See the countryside etc
    Did you already booked flights? I suppose that finally there will be a lot of people using the train or bus.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones said:
    Damn. If only 6 hours i would have rather taken the train than fly. 

See the countryside etc
    Did you already booked flights? I suppose that finally there will be a lot of people using the train or bus.
    Yeah. I booked flight already. 

Should have waited and bought train. 

But Whatever :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    Remember this is a rumors thread so on to speculating on US dates! 

Kidding....congrats Europe and everyone getting to shows. Good luck with the lottery. 

But if anyone has US info, especially the SW leg with Phoenix, Tucson, SD, LA and Vegas let me know and I'm in! 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Congrats to the Europeans.  I always wanted to visit Prague.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jstu39 said:
    Remember this is a rumors thread so on to speculating on US dates! 

Kidding....congrats Europe and everyone getting to shows. Good luck with the lottery. 

But if anyone has US info, especially the SW leg with Phoenix, Tucson, SD, LA and Vegas let me know and I'm in! 
    Haha, I’m definitely ready for some US rumors now. Having to wait until next fall or winter seems like an eternity. Hopefully some rumors come out in early spring so we can all start some tentative plans as well. Should be a fun year for all!!
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,957
    Any chance of a 2nd barcelona date?? 
  • Options
    just_one said:
    Hoping the same for Amsterdam
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    im sure amsterdam will happen,,as for barca,lets hope,but i have no info about it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    Amsterdam is a given. 100% sure it will get a 2nd show
  • Options
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    I suppose that if they add a 2nd one it will be after the 1st right?
  • Options
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    Yeah after the 1st one sold out.

Happenned in 2014
  • Options
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    Yeah after the 1st one sold out.

Happenned in 2014
    I mean that it will be after 12th of June and not on the 11th for example?
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    ZeldaZonk said:
    jdopj said:
    For the love of god no stadiums
    Amen to that! 
    Double amen stadium shows are not for me at all , did Fenway last year had my usual 3rd row up front seat but the people who had seats on the field on the sides they told me it felt like they were not even at the show, completely removed from the show at least arenas you feel part of the show no matter where you might be seated ..
    I don't know about that. I think it's what you make of it.  I was up in the roof box seats for Fenway 1 last year and had the time of my life.  Not everybody can be up front or on the field.  I like arena shows too, but people up in the 3rd tier/balcony complain too, so there will always be fans complaining.  
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    As someone coming from the US who has never done this... is the Prague, Krakow, Berlin trip doable? (trains, etc)... It's either that or Barcelona and chill...
  • Options
    davidos said:
    As someone coming from the US who has never done this... is the Prague, Krakow, Berlin trip doable? (trains, etc)... It's either that or Barcelona and chill...
    Trains and buses are cheap, trip takes 6 hours+ but i suppose that after Ryanair flights are sold out, everyone else will travel using train or bus. I say do it. Furthermore you get to see 3 of the most beautiful european cities plus 3 PJ shows!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    davidos said:
    I am doing this from Canada. Flying into Prague 5hr train ride to Krakow for under 20 Euros. Krakow to Berlin another 6 hour ride under 20 Euros and flying home from Berlin. Traveling on the off day so no rush getting there and enjoying the city that night and on show days. 
  • Options
    Train is way cheaper, though could be tough to make considering the short timeframes between Prague-Krakow-Berlin-Werchter. 01-03-05-07 July! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    davidos said:
    I am doing this from Canada. Flying into Prague 5hr train ride to Krakow for under 20 Euros. Krakow to Berlin another 6 hour ride under 20 Euros and flying home from Berlin. Traveling on the off day so no rush getting there and enjoying the city that night and on show days. 
    Will do the same thing!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    $1,100 flights.  probably gonna have to wait for my first euro shows. :(
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    davidos said:
    are the trains available to book yet ?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    PJNB said:
    davidos said:
    No not yet. Someone in the Prague thread said they would be around 90 days out or so. We have plenty of time. Also traveling on the days off and arriving in the early afternoon to the next destination works out great for hotel arrivals and allow us to be stress free and ready for the show the next day. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    davidos said:
    No not yet. Someone in the Prague thread said they would be around 90 days out or so. We have plenty of time. Also traveling on the days off and arriving in the early afternoon to the next destination works out great for hotel arrivals and allow us to be stress free and ready for the show the next day. 
    Yes Im debating planes or trains might do 1 of each
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    PJNB said:
    davidos said:
    Cool, thanks for the info... Will try to fly in on the 30th/31st then the adventure will begin... I guess GA is the best way to go but chances are not good to get all 3 shows... that's why Barcelona/Madrid might be fun with the wife...
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    How is PinkPop as a festival?

think it’ll be just another festival set list, or is PinkPop special?  Never been to Europe and don’t know much about the festivals over there, which is why I’m asking
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    davidos said:
    Where did you find a 6 hour train ride Krakow-Berlin? Can only find 8+ hour options and afraid flights will sell out before I'm ready to book
  • Options
    davidos said:
    PJNB said:
    davidos said:
    Cool, thanks for the info... Will try to fly in on the 30th/31st then the adventure will begin... I guess GA is the best way to go but chances are not good to get all 3 shows... that's why Barcelona/Madrid might be fun with the wife...
    Those prices are current prices which is a low travel season for them. I am hoping that the prices do not change too much. Also you will win one or two shows (who knows maybe all 3) and you will need to get rid of your plus ones. Other people will be in the same boat and you can swap tickets. It is going to be cool traveling Europe with Pearl Jam fans. Only 7 more months to the day lol.  
  • Options
    Hi all

Rarely post, but have been reading this thread for months - well done to Dimi for keeping us in the loop!

Probably a daft request, but can someone please post a link for the odds page?

I've put in for Amsterdam, London x2, Prague, Krakow and Berlin... probably end up meeting a few of you next summer!