Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    I looked up when Fenway tickets went on sale in 2016 and found out they went on sale Feb 12th. So we have got to be days away from an announcement. My guess is next Tuesday (1-12) we get some indication of an announcement. I am going to call the box office tomorrow. We bought season tickets and I am going to ask about the summer concert series. I will post any information I find out.
    Thats what I am talking about! 
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    Australia Feb March 2019 is surely gaining momentum with hopefully a new album release late this year or early next year!? 
    Have there been some rumors regarding Australia? That’s a trip I’ll make if it really happens. 
    New album = Australia tour. Every time they toured Australia in the 2000's has been within a year of a new album. 
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I looked up when Fenway tickets went on sale in 2016 and found out they went on sale Feb 12th. So we have got to be days away from an announcement. My guess is next Tuesday (1-12) we get some indication of an announcement. I am going to call the box office tomorrow. We bought season tickets and I am going to ask about the summer concert series. I will post any information I find out.
    I tried that with Safeco yesterday but didn't get any info. His exact response was "I don't have any information on that yet". 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love that my2hands is now in an article. Can I get an autograph bud?!

Holy hell, that made me laugh!

But wait, there's more (online)!

CantKeepmedown posted:

Why would Philly be any different, crowd and setlist wise, than Wrigley or Fenway? Because of the new-ness?

And J Shandler……..c’mon down!!! You’re the next contestant to be quoted on alternativenation.net!!!

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    mcgruff10 said:

CantKeepmedown posted:

Why would Philly be any different, crowd and setlist wise, than Wrigley or Fenway? Because of the new-ness?

And J Shandler……..c’mon down!!! You’re the next contestant to be quoted on alternativenation.net!!!

Everyone checking their site to see if they are quoted is driving up page views 327%. The plan is working!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    kerbjack said:
    mcgruff10 said:

CantKeepmedown posted:

Everyone checking their site to see if they are quoted is driving up page views 327%. The plan is working!
    ha ha ha ha ha The master plan has been revealed!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    They need to give me some credit...I know the guy on the grounds crew at Fenway dammit.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    pulling69 said:
    They need to give me some credit...I know the guy on the grounds crew at Fenway dammit.
    Get us some dates man!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    100 Pacer said:
    SOLAT319 said:
    Get_Right said:
    I think the US will be driven by a festival. That has been the formula the last few times around.
    They get big dollars to play festivals. What festivals are in the fall?
    ACL, Ohana, Meadows, Riotfest, Voodoo.
    Ohana can't handle the full band. That festival is tiny. It's OK for a Vedder solo appearance which has been an absolute treat for the last two years but when it comes to Pearl Jam, yeah that ain't gonna happen. That place would just become a disaster area with the rabid Pearl Jam crowd. It is not big enough. 
    If I'm not mistaken Ed has a financial interest in Ohana as partner/owner. If he wanted the band there it would have already happened by now. 
    Exactly
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    I'm wondering what the hold up is on 4 shows in 5 days @ Red Rocks 
    That’s cute. 
    Ain’t gonna happen.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    I'll be buying some tickets to see Uncle Neil next year

Do yourselves a favor if you've never seen Neil live, go see him next summer with Promise of the Real.

#UncleNeil
    I know it looks like I am picking on you but Uncle Neil won’t be touring this summer. Found that out recently. Sorry to burst your bubble. I was looking forward to that myself too.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Which cities are being rumored for US? I already know about the “ballpark round” that includes Chicago, Seattle, Fenway and Philly. But for regular venues, which cities are being rumored? I am not talking about people talking out of their asses. Just credible sources that have proven themselves right in the past.

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    chiefnjk said:
    Just for fun based on the rumors we have plus a couple other venues that would make sense:
    Aug. 8 & 10 - Safeco (Seattle)
    Aug. 12 - OSL (San Francisco)
    Aug. 17 & 19 - Wrigley (Chicago)
    Aug. 25 - Nationals Park (D.C.)?
    Aug. 31 & Sept. 2 - Fenway (Boston)
    Sept. 7 & 9 - Citizens Bank (Philadelphia)
    Sept. __ - Meadows Festival/Citi Field (NYC)?
    Would love a Dodger Stadium show, but the only real window for a show is Sept. 7-16 (like someone else said). Maybe they could do an LA show after Philly instead of NYC, but NYC seems more likely. I don't think Meadows has announced dates for 2018 yet, but I'd guess 9/21-9/23.
    You can scratch that OSL date right now. 

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    Just a thought (sorry if this has been discussed already): Eddie has done Ohana Fest in Southern California the last two years. Seems to be his baby, and I'm not sure it could survive at this point without him. Ohana Fest website says "See you in 2018", so it's obvious the plans are for it to continue this year. How might this affect any potential SoCal shows, or PJ shows elsewhere for that matter?

For what it's worth, last year Ohana Fest was September 8-10, and if we're talking stadiums, the Dodgers are on a long road trip from September 7-16...
    im thinking Ohana will be Sept 8 this year. That's what we are planning on at this point. And true, it's Ed's gig, so I would believe he will be there. So ya, maybe a Dodgers stadium show mixed in?

kasedoug said:
    kaw753 said:
    This answered my question.... but I will point out that the second night of Cal Jam October 6-7 needs a headliner. Both festivals are great times.
    Foo Fighters are the only headliner at Cal Jam. The Friday night this year was lower key with a couple of cover bands and Trouble Funk playing one of the side stages. The main stage was not open on Friday.
    I was about to say the same thing. Cal Jam is basically a one-day (Saturday) festival, with people encouraged to camp and chill on Friday. Not to say that they can't expand it to a full two-day fest, but I haven't heard anything about any intentions to do so, and I have a close friend who works in management at Glen Helen who would tell me that was in the works.

I'm still thinking Outside Lands is the most likely festival possibility for 2018.
    OSL? Not gonna happen. 

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    And a star is born! :)

I don't do autographs, you fuckers would flip that shit lol
    And still no mention on there about the European tour being cancelled? Hmmm....something seems fishy round these here parts...
    Hmm, cancel euro tour??! What?!
  • Options
    SOLAT319 said:
    Which cities are being rumored for US? I already know about the “ballpark round” that includes Chicago, Seattle, Fenway and Philly. But for regular venues, which cities are being rumored? I am not talking about people talking out of their asses. Just credible sources that have proven themselves right in the past.
    Missoula last weekend in July and that is it but don't take my word for it, I talk out of my ass all the time. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    SOLAT319 said:
    None.  Looking like the ballpark shows are it for 2018 US dates.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    SOLAT319 said:
    my2hands said:
    I'll be buying some tickets to see Uncle Neil next year

Do yourselves a favor if you've never seen Neil live, go see him next summer with Promise of the Real.

#UncleNeil
    I know it looks like I am picking on you but Uncle Neil won’t be touring this summer. Found that out recently. Sorry to burst your bubble. I was looking forward to that myself too.
    I believe your information is incorrect my friend, at least according to Lukas Nelson
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    Where is @dimitrispearljam this morning? He is like the doctor of this thread, typically making his early morning rounds to drop some hints or smiley faces!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    edited January 2018

Assuming that these might be the only shows we get in the US for this year, any ideas as to which city would be the easiest to get tickets for via 10C lottery?  Which city might be the toughest?  I'm assuming Seattle would be the toughest due to the hometown factor and lack of shows lately.  Thoughts/ideas? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    JojoRice said:

Assuming that these might be the only shows we get in the US for this year, any ideas as to which city would be the easiest to get tickets for via 10C lottery?  Which city might be the toughest?  I'm assuming Seattle would be the toughest due to the hometown factor and lack of shows lately.  Thoughts/ideas? 
    I would think Seattle would be easiest to get tickets to... Philly probably the toughest.   Philly is the most accessible to people from DC, Baltimore, New York, Philly, Ohio, Pittsburgh, etc.  

Seattle is the bands hometown, but is a pain to get to from the densely populated east coast.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    JojoRice said:

Any weekday show should be easier to get especially if going for reserved seats. If the fist Seattle show is on a Wednesday, it will be much easier than that Friday. Think back to Wrigley 2 in 2016. It was a Monday show and there was a plethora of tix available on the forums in comparison to the Saturday show.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    JojoRice said:

Do we know these are the correct dates?  
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    LukinFan said:
    JojoRice said:

Nope.  Just the cities and dates with strongest rumors so far.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    LukinFan said:
    JojoRice said:

Nope.  Just the cities and dates with strongest rumors so far.  
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if Dimi dropped these dates somewhere in this thread and I missed it. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    This page looks so empty. Two nights of Pearl Jam would fill it up nicely.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    SOLAT319 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Just a thought (sorry if this has been discussed already): Eddie has done Ohana Fest in Southern California the last two years. Seems to be his baby, and I'm not sure it could survive at this point without him. Ohana Fest website says "See you in 2018", so it's obvious the plans are for it to continue this year. How might this affect any potential SoCal shows, or PJ shows elsewhere for that matter?

For what it's worth, last year Ohana Fest was September 8-10, and if we're talking stadiums, the Dodgers are on a long road trip from September 7-16...
    im thinking Ohana will be Sept 8 this year. That's what we are planning on at this point. And true, it's Ed's gig, so I would believe he will be there. So ya, maybe a Dodgers stadium show mixed in?

kasedoug said:
    kaw753 said:
    This answered my question.... but I will point out that the second night of Cal Jam October 6-7 needs a headliner. Both festivals are great times.
    Foo Fighters are the only headliner at Cal Jam. The Friday night this year was lower key with a couple of cover bands and Trouble Funk playing one of the side stages. The main stage was not open on Friday.
    I was about to say the same thing. Cal Jam is basically a one-day (Saturday) festival, with people encouraged to camp and chill on Friday. Not to say that they can't expand it to a full two-day fest, but I haven't heard anything about any intentions to do so, and I have a close friend who works in management at Glen Helen who would tell me that was in the works.

I'm still thinking Outside Lands is the most likely festival possibility for 2018.
    OSL? Not gonna happen. 
    For what reason?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    This page looks so empty. Two nights of Pearl Jam would fill it up nicely.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts
    Zac Brown is being announced today. That will fill up a little more, but more to come to Fenway.
  • Options
    Credible website with grammar errors? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com