what is up with all these hollywood pedos?

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    fair enough. when someone says "you weren't the only one....", I took that as being included in the action. 
    in case you thought I was speaking about you, no, I know you don't. 
    if you were just stating that as fact, same thing, I know you don't. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    fair enough. when someone says "you weren't the only one....", I took that as being included in the action. 
    in case you thought I was speaking about you, no, I know you don't. 
    if you were just stating that as fact, same thing, I know you don't. 
    :)
    Well anyway, I also briefly got caught in the pedo accusation mindset. :lol: I do find the conversation worthwhile - I think everyone needs to figure out where the lines are with this topic, kind of like I was saying with all the questions brought up by who is in the White House.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Wow.

All the Canadians are at each other's throats today.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Wow.

All the Canadians are at each other's throats today.

Words not guns solve problems. ha ha ha

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2017

Pedophilia

This article is about the sexual preference toward prepubescent children. It is not to be confused with hebephilia or ephebophilia.

Pedophilia or paedophilia is 18th century French Huguenot.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6209e731-0c71-4527-8006-a2a65826b1a8

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited November 2017
    oh jesus.  
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

There we are. That's all I was waiting for, lol. ;) Doesn't take much to let a pattern emerge (or not) before calling the hangman (doesn't sound like a pattern of preying on 14 year olds (yet), but certainly one of general sexual harassment and misconduct and, if he's going around grabbing crotches, assault).
    Now let's see how this impacts Spacey's career in the long run... and everyone else's with such accusations going around. I'm very curious to see what the long game is in this new world where everyone in Hollywood has decided to tell their stories, and how everyone plans on distinguishing fact from fiction, and how law enforcement is going to respond. This whole "thing" is really complicated.
    And wow, a hotline? Hmm. Maybe the DNC or someone should set up a hotline for Trump's victims too. And a hotline for Weinstein's as well. If everyone's going to do this - out everyone who ever committed such crimes - a system should be set up to make things equitable for all victims.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    PJ_Soul said:
    There we are. That's all I was waiting for, lol. ;) Doesn't take much to let a pattern emerge (or not) before calling the hangman (doesn't sound like a pattern of preying on 14 year olds (yet), but certainly one of general sexual harassment and misconduct and, if he's going around grabbing crotches, assault).
    Now let's see how this impacts Spacey's career in the long run... and everyone else's with such accusations going around. I'm very curious to see what the long game is in this new world where everyone in Hollywood has decided to tell their stories, and how everyone plans on distinguishing fact from fiction, and how law enforcement is going to respond. This whole "thing" is really complicated.
    And wow, a hotline? Hmm. Maybe the DNC or someone should set up a hotline for Trump's victims too. And a hotline for Weinstein's as well. If everyone's going to do this - out everyone who ever committed such crimes - a system should be set up to make things equitable for all victims.

Spacey is done for.  If he was smart he would have denied the accusation.  The mob rule will never let him have a career.  Mel Gibson has better prospects then he does.
  • Jason P said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Spacey is done for.  If he was smart he would have denied the accusation.  The mob rule will never let him have a career.  Mel Gibson has better prospects then he does.
    Mel Gibson was just in a movie so I'd say yes to that, lol.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Jason P said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I noticed that.  Didn't figure that hater would get more roles.  Shows that the industry doesn't really care unless people don't go and see it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited November 2017
    Jason P said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I noticed that.  Didn't figure that hater would get more roles.  Shows that the industry doesn't really care unless people don't go and see it.
    I noticed that too, but it looks like a pretty bad movie, lol. Also, Gibson has so much money... wouldn't surprise me if he's the executive producer and insisted that he be in the film. FWIW, I never wanted Gibson's career to be over. I think he had a legit mental breakdown and suffers from some sort of mental illness, so feel like perhaps he should be forgiven by now. I actually feel kind of sorry for him, even though I do not excuse the horrible things he said.
    As for Spacey's career... dammit. I have long admired him. I'm not about to boycott all his work, so am legit disappointed about how this is affecting production (or lack thereof) of House of Cards. I still really fucking want to see how that story plays out, and I'll be pretty pissed off if they simply never air the last season. I'm not saying Spacey isn't now confirmed a pervo creep, nor that I think his career should carry on as usual now at all. But FFS, don't leave the HOC fans in the lurch. This already sucks enough without that. Figure something out. I would personally not mind if they just wrote him out of the remaining episode that they haven't filmed yet, and still made the season happen just for the sake of the 5 seasons everyone already invested their time in.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason P said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I noticed that too, but it looks like a pretty bad movie, lol. Also, Gibson has so much money... wouldn't surprise me if he's the executive producer and insisted that he be in the film. FWIW, I never wanted Gibson's career to be over. I think he had a legit mental breakdown and suffers from some sort of mental illness, so feel like perhaps he should be forgiven by now. I actually feel kind of sorry for him, even though I do not excuse the horrible things he said.
    As for Spacey's career... dammit. I have long admired him. I'm not about to boycott all his work, so am legit disappointed about how this is affecting production (or lack thereof) of House of Cards. I still really fucking want to see how that story plays out, and I'll be pretty pissed off if they simply never air the last season. I'm not saying Spacey isn't now confirmed a pervo creep, nor that I think his career should carry on as usual now at all. But FFS, don't leave the HOC fans in the lurch. This already sucks enough without that. Figure something out. I would personally not mind if they just wrote him out of the remaining episode that they haven't filmed yet, and still made the season happen just for the sake of the 5 seasons everyone already invested their time in.
    Just get that dude from Lost, the leader of the "others" to keep filming House of Cards. Don't know his name, and forget the character's name, but the leader guy, was the main bad guy for a few seasons. I always thought he looked like a special ed version of Kevin Spacey.
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason P said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Just get that dude from Lost, the leader of the "others" to keep filming House of Cards. Don't know his name, and forget the character's name, but the leader guy, was the main bad guy for a few seasons. I always thought he looked like a special ed version of Kevin Spacey.
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason P said:
    PJ_Soul said:

:lol: Ben!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Screw both of those guys.  I don't want any part of Mel Gibson's hatred for Jews.  This is some deep seated shit to be as angry as he was. 

I liked House of Cards but won't watch a sicko any more than I would put on a Michael Jackson album.  People that mess with kids are crossed off my list.  F them.  I will do nothing to support Spacey in any way shape or form moving forward.
    Sure, he will go to a cushy *hospital* somewhere and *get some help* --- dude is a fucking air thief.  This is not a small mistake, he is a piece of garbage.
    (The show already bothered me because the producers lied to Robin Wright about being paid as much as Predator headed into last season.  She found out that they were full of crap and that Predator was actually making more than her.)

edited November 2017
    I don't think MJ was a pedophile. Just a really weird guy.

I honestly don't care. I still watch Roman Polansky movies too. And good luck having nothing to do with anything Harvey Weinstein has been involved with (and where is all the outrage about him? Seems everyone forgot about that, lol. Same with Trump). I personally don't see the point in boycotting in this way. It does nothing but deprive me of art that I enjoy. I really don't feel like I have a part in antisemitism just because I watch a Mel Gibson movie, lol. I guess it's an individual thing. I have no problem separating the film from the artist's real life. It doesn't even cross my mind.... and I don't really care if it "should". It just doesn't.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:

I honestly don't care. I still watch Roman Polansky movies too. And good luck having nothing to do with anything Harvey Weinstein has been involved with (and where is all the outrage about him? Seems everyone forgot about that, lol. Same with Trump). I personally don't see the point in boycotting in this way. It does nothing but deprive me of art that I enjoy. I really don't feel like I have a part in antisemitism just because I watch a Mel Gibson movie, lol. I guess it's an individual thing. I have no problem separating the film from the artist's real life. It doesn't even cross my mind.... and I don't really care if it "should". It just doesn't.

People haven't forgotten. There's nothing more to be said until more information is forthcoming. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

People haven't forgotten. There's nothing more to be said until more information is forthcoming. 
    I think there is a whole lot to be said about Trump and the fact that he still got into office and remains there. Weinstein? I think there is more to be said there... what about his body of work? How is it going to handled??
    You can clearly choose what you want to watch or not.  I am just disgusted by those three people that I mentioned.  Not going to add any $$ to their pockets & in some cases, it makes me want to slap them around just to see them. 
    Kid criminals are the worst imo.  The other ones are bad, but if you mess around with a kid?  You deserve to be locked in a cold, dark place...and to have the key thrown away.  No forgiveness, no 'time served', no rehabilitation, nothing.  It is my belief that there are some things in life that are unforgivable. 
    I would go for the death penalty but I think that is too easy.
    I know that is cold, but I am good with it.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think there is a whole lot to be said about Trump and the fact that he still got into office and remains there. Weinstein? I think there is more to be said there... what about his body of work? How is it going to handled??

Were you this indignant and persistent about the all time greatest work place sexual harassment blow job in the history of humankind?

So save it.  Your caring more about the show than the victims is all we need to know.  It's one thing to not try to weed through every endeavor to find out who's involved in what. It's quite another to say - to hell with it - show me my show - the rest be damned! Oh, and what about Trump?

Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Anyone have the current number of those that accuse Spacey of allegedly sexually harassing them?

CNN has published a report detailing how the actor allegedly sexually harassed eight members of the House of Cards crew, one employee claiming they were assaulted by Spacey.

• JC29856 said:
    Anyone have the current number of those that accuse Spacey of allegedly sexually harassing them?

CNN has published a report detailing how the actor allegedly sexually harassed eight members of the House of Cards crew, one employee claiming they were assaulted by Spacey.

Spacey is "seeking treatment" now...

Feldman is to name his abusers.

Should make for an interesting upcoming week.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:

Spacey is "seeking treatment" now...

Feldman is to name his abusers.

Should make for an interesting upcoming week.
    in a week Spacey would be cured and Feldman, well Feldman, who knows what will happen to him
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Were you this indignant and persistent about the all time greatest work place sexual harassment blow job in the history of humankind?

So save it.  Your caring more about the show than the victims is all we need to know.  It's one thing to not try to weed through every endeavor to find out who's involved in what. It's quite another to say - to hell with it - show me my show - the rest be damned! Oh, and what about Trump?

Was I this indignant about what? The Clinton thing?? Why would I be? That was consensual, not sexual harassment. I guess you equating that to actual sexual harassment or assault is all we need to know about where you're coming from. For me, I couldn't give a flying fuck if Lewinsky willingly blew Clinton in the Oval Office. All I cared about was that he lied under oath.

I don't care more about the show than the victims at all. Just because I said something it doesn't mean it's the only thing I care about. Duh. Sorry you are too narrow or single minded to understand that someone's focus can be on many different things at the same time. I am indeed interested in, among other things, all the little details that all of this entails when it comes to the industry, how we draw lines between what's okay and what's not, and who's going to be destroyed for their actions and who's not, whose work will be boycotted and whose won't. I have an inquiring mind and am interested in all of this. And that doesn't negate my feelings for the victims at all, especially since I have been a victim myself many times. Perhaps that fact makes me feel like I don't need to constantly go on about them in this forum. I already completely understand the victims' viewpoints. I've been one of them. I take it for granted that we all care most about the victims. That you go ahead and assume someone doesn't just because they don't go on about it tells me that you're not even willing to explore this subject in any constructive way.

As for my "oh, what about Trump" thing... That is extremely relevant not because I just want to change the subject (I don't at all). I think it's relevant because it informs how society at large deals with these issues in general, and also how people behave as a mob. What they choose to ignore and excuse and what they choose to freak out about is incredible important IMO, while trying to work out where this issue is going in the bigger sense.
    I simply can't grasp why people keep bringing up Bill/Monica in the same context as sexual misconduct/harassment/assault. As PJ Soul stated, as has been stated ad nauseum here, that was consensual. Gross? yes, but still consensual. it's not even in the same universe. But since he was a democrat, they need SOMETHING. the only thing he did wrong in that instance was lying about it under oath. but the act itself was not criminal in any way,shape, or form. 

the speculation of how he treated other women, on the other hand..........
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    The most troubling part about Bill and Monica for me is that while Monica may have been a "consenting adult", the relationship would be considered inappropriate (regardless of Bill's marital status) simply due to Bill being in a position of authority over her. Most schools/universities and businesses prohibit any sort of romantic or sexual relationship between someone in power or authority, and their subordinate, or teacher & student. There is a conflict of interest, and it is also difficult to determine whether consent is truly consent, or if the "consenting" party is simply bowing to the will of the person with authority over them. So I don't consider Bill & Monica a typical case of consensual cigars and pearl necklaces.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited November 2017
    jeffbr said:
    The most troubling part about Bill and Monica for me is that while Monica may have been a "consenting adult", the relationship would be considered inappropriate (regardless of Bill's marital status) simply due to Bill being in a position of authority over her. Most schools/universities and businesses prohibit any sort of romantic or sexual relationship between someone in power or authority, and their subordinate, or teacher & student. There is a conflict of interest, and it is also difficult to determine whether consent is truly consent, or if the "consenting" party is simply bowing to the will of the person with authority over them. So I don't consider Bill & Monica a typical case of consensual cigars and pearl necklaces.
    I understand what you're saying, but the thing is, it overlooks the fact that sometimes the subordinate is the one taking advantage of the relationship when it's consensual just as much as the person in authority is (and is some cases even more), and I think that is the case with Clinton/Lewinsky. Sure, maybe Clinton could get some tail because of his position of power... but do not assume there aren't plenty of people, women especially, who are very happy and willing to use sex to try and climb the ladder or to just sort of "get in there" politically (not to mention all the people who are (also) simply horny, get off on inappropriate sexual relationships and/or risky sexual behaviour, and/or get off on being with powerful people). I personally feel like there is no reason to assume that the subordinate is AUTOMATICALLY a victim in all cases, and no reason to think that is the case in this particular case. I think that is kind of naive, and also kind of enforces a false victim mentality, which undercuts real victims.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    jeffbr said:
    I understand what you're saying, but the thing is, it overlooks the fact that sometimes the subordinate is the one taking advantage of the relationship when it's consensual just as much as the person in authority is, and I think that is the case with Clinton/Lewinsky. Sure, maybe Clinton could get some tail because of his position of power... but do not assume there aren't plenty of people, women especially, who are very happy and willing to use sex to try and climb the ladder or to just sort of "get in there" politically (not to mention all the people who are (also) simply horny, get off on inappropriate sexual relationships and/or risky sexual behaviour, and/or get off on being with powerful people). I personally feel like there is no reason to assume that the subordinate is AUTOMATICALLY a victim in all cases, and no reason to think that is the case in this particular case. I think that is kind of naive, and also kind of enforces a false victim mentality, which undercuts real victims.
    Oh, I understand what you're saying as well. And Monica could absolutely have been the instigator and aggressor and was drawn to Bill's power. In business you hear of people "sleeping their way to the top" sometimes, and there are certainly opportunists who would do that. I just think that with Clinton being the most powerful man in the world at the time, he should probably have been a bit more cautious about banging the help. I don't consider Bill to be some sort of sexual predator. I just consider his relationship with Monica to be highly inappropriate - and not in a prudish, moralistic way. It was inappropriate due to the nature of their relationship outside of whatever sexy time they were having. Which is why I said that I don't consider Bill & Monica to be a typical, consensual relationship. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08