Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    How easy is it for European Ten club members to get euro tour tickets in presale?
    And do Americans (or non-Europeans) find it easy enough to get euro tickets too?
    Same chances for all 10c members. European shows tend to be easier to secure 10c tickets.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    How easy is it for European Ten club members to get euro tour tickets in presale?
    And do Americans (or non-Europeans) find it easy enough to get euro tickets too?
    depence the venue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    eddiec said:
    Same chances for all 10c members. European shows tend to be easier to secure 10c tickets.
    Thanks. Ah right, I thought presale was available only to gigs in the same area / continent etc you live in. I'm sure I didn't get an option for the last US tour (and failed miserably with the general sale!). Super excited for 2018
  • Options
    I wonder if there are any Leeds on venues for UK ;)
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Jon Tester is running for re-election for the Senate. Play the Adams Center again. I’ve recently moved to Missoula and I’d love a 5 minute travel time to a PJ show.  Hoping my chances of seeing PJ in Missoula is better than when I lived in Seattle.
  • Options
    luisgomes10luisgomes10 Posts: 9
    edited October 2017
    http://www.pearljam.netmark.pl/newsy/rumorpit20.html
    Issue #59 - December 4, 2004
    "
    Although it's still too early to give specifics, European fans can do some early rejoicing.  :)"

Post edited by luisgomes10 on
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 754
    I went to the two shows in Berlin in 2012 at O2. Bought GA floor tickets for face value off the regular website 2 weeks before the shows. Best shows I have ever seen by many miles/kilometers.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    eddiec said:
    Thanks. Ah right, I thought presale was available only to gigs in the same area / continent etc you live in. I'm sure I didn't get an option for the last US tour (and failed miserably with the general sale!). Super excited for 2018
    I'm sure you did get an option since all members can enter the lottery for any show.  Maybe you missed the window.  IMO, 10C tickets for Euro shows are easier to get.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    CopperTom said:
    eddiec said:
    I'm sure you did get an option since all members can enter the lottery for any show.  Maybe you missed the window.  IMO, 10C tickets for Euro shows are easier to get.
    And better tickets too!
    Waltz in half hour before the show and you are 10 "rows" back in the pit!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    please pj announce europe asap..first flight for start the tour has only 71 euros right now,.thanks
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    please pj announce europe asap..first flight for start the tour has only 71 euros right now,.thanks
    Trying to get a cheap flight?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

Cue the feverish googling of "flights from Greece to ????? for 71 euros"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Cue the feverish googling of "flights from Greece to ????? for 71 euros"
    Amsterdam
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Just like in '10.
  • Options
    will  need 9-10 flights for this tour..so yeah,,i must got the cheap ones!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    71 euros
    plus 10 if you want a seat belt
    plus 20 if you plan on bringing any luggage
    plus 25 if you want to use the lavatory
  • Options
    SpinTheBlackCircle74SpinTheBlackCircle74 Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2017
    Any cheap flights to scandinavia:-)?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    And the destination iiiiiiis?????
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    mhmmm....Vienna is approx. € 120,- :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    rgambs said:
    CopperTom said:
    eddiec said:
    And better tickets too!
    Waltz in half hour before the show and you are 10 "rows" back in the pit!
    Cheers for replies and info guys
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 703
    interesting.  I was hoping for a rail tour.  How many shows can we hit if the UK is home in a 10 day span?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151
    Norman said:
    Jon Tester is running for re-election for the Senate. Play the Adams Center again. I’ve recently moved to Missoula and I’d love a 5 minute travel time to a PJ show.  Hoping my chances of seeing PJ in Missoula is better than when I lived in Seattle.
    I would think it is.  I think the hardest place to get tickets are:

1) NorthEast/MidWest United States.  The population is dense there, and there are many big cities in reasonable driving distance of each other.   Not only are the populations (thus demand) high, but the close distance between shows makes it easier to travel between shows.  It seems alot of people with travel bug bounce around those shows because driving distances are short.

2) Seattle - Everyone wants to see the hometown show.    The demand for Seattle shows has always been insane.  Well almost.  I was able to buy GA tickets to Seattle II in '98 the morning of the show.   It hasn't been that way in a long time.   The last show sold out in seconds.   I still can't believe they didn't play two (pun intended).

If you go to any other shows in the NorthWest it seems a lot easier to get tickets.    Less people live here than the East Coast and the shows are further apart.   I would imagine Missoula wouldn't be too hard to get tickets unless it was a one off date.    If it's a one off date than everyone will travel to it for lack of other shows :)  If it's part a NW tour, very few people would trek out to it.   It's 14 hours from Seattle, 8 hours south of Calgary.  It's far from other cities.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I see you somewhere I sure of it!!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The band won't even be taking 10 flights lol
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Really hoping for a couple of close shows together. Fly in fly out. Amsterdam was really the only option last tour and I am guessing it will be the same for this tour. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    PJNB said:
    Really hoping for a couple of close shows together. Fly in fly out. Amsterdam was really the only option last tour and I am guessing it will be the same for this tour. 
    Would you say it's simple and economical based on your experience? 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    I have been pricing flights out of Halifax ($712 CAD per person) for some dates during June. It is really an easy flight too with one short layover in Iceland. Why I am doing this with out dates is beyond me lol. I can not remember though if the second Amsterdam show was added after the first sold out or not. Are you thinking of going to some shows?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    I have been pricing flights out of Halifax ($712 CAD per person) for some dates during June. It is really an easy flight too with one short layover in Iceland. Why I am doing this with out dates is beyond me lol. I can not remember though if the second Amsterdam show was added after the first sold out or not. Are you thinking of going to some shows?
    Contemplating the feasibility of a 24-36 hour trip. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    If Amsterdam gets Ziggo x 2 again, I will definitely visit there this time. Wuhlheide is a must every time, too bad they never play two nights there. Of course Finland will be skipped yet again (25 years and counting since the last once), but hoping for at least something in Scandinavia.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Contemplating the feasibility of a 24-36 hour trip. 
    Feasible but not fun.