Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

i guess they will return to Austria for the Nova Rock Festival from 14th to 16th June 2018. 
    nop
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122

i guess they will return to Austria for the Nova Rock Festival from 14th to 16th June 2018. 
    nop

My guess is they will play at least 2 festivals for sure... that'll be Pinkpop on June 15 (and 1 or 2 shows in Amsterdam in the week before that) and Rock Werchter (which takes place July 5 till July 8).
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,699

nop
    If we all take a guess at a city or festival we may be able to narrow down the possible locations if you reply 'nop'.
    So i guess they will play Dublin
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:

nop
    If we all take a guess at a city or festival we may be able to narrow down the possible locations if you reply 'nop'.
    So i guess they will play Dublin
    nop
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Texico said:

nop

My guess is they will play at least 2 festivals for sure... that'll be Pinkpop on June 15 (and 1 or 2 shows in Amsterdam in the week before that) and Rock Werchter (which takes place July 5 till July 8).

only 2?i wish..
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,699
    Texico said:

nop

only 2?i wish..
    Will broaden it out Ireland including Northern Ireland????
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Werchter, Mad Cool, Opener, British Summer Time, Nos Alive. How many correct?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Also, I doubt they will both Pinkpop and Ziggo. Festival promotors don't want to pay huge amount of money for a band that will have their own big arena shows nearby. Either or.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,972
    I would guess; British Summer Time, Werchter, Mad Cool, Nos Alive

2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    I would add Firenze Rocks and I-Days Festival. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    Oh yes, forgot the Italian fests. Could be more festivals than their own shows in total.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878

nop
    Damned..no Austrian show at all! Can't see them returning to the Stadthalle in Vienna cause Ed mentioned that it was the second worst location ever though the show and the crowd was spectacular
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    edited November 2017
    mrk2 said:
    Also, I doubt they will both Pinkpop and Ziggo. Festival promotors don't want to pay huge amount of money for a band that will have their own big arena shows nearby. Either or.
    Yes, could be true... maybe they'll play only Pinkpop in the Netherlands next year... or maybe instead of 2 shows in Amsterdam they made a deal to play only 1 show there next year and the 2nd show in the Netherlands is Pinkpop.
    Post edited by Texico on
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    edited November 2017
    I think it will be AMS, not PinkPop. 
    Post edited by Kusy on
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,021

Josh's stone cold lead pipe locks (that don't mean a damn thing)

1. Doesn't anyone remember Karrie Keyes saying she had a "Pearl Jam commitment at the end of year" like six months back or so in an interview? Most copies of that printed interview were edited to remove that bit. So I'm still holding out hope there is going to be some one-off of some kind at the very end of 17' or very early 18' that catches us off guard.

2. U.S. dates in spring (read April) of some kind.  Could be Hawaii as previously rumored, a few warm up shows, small leg out west maybe before heading to Europe, I don't know, but something.

3. Europe in June/July, this obviously already seems like a lock.

4. U.S. in fall, probably late Aug/early September.

5. AZ/NZ to wrap up 2018, or maybe very early 2019.

95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    Edved007 said:

Josh's stone cold lead pipe locks (that don't mean a damn thing)

1. Doesn't anyone remember Karrie Keyes saying she had a "Pearl Jam commitment at the end of year" like six months back or so in an interview? Most copies of that printed interview were edited to remove that bit. So I'm still holding out hope there is going to be some one-off of some kind at the very end of 17' or very early 18' that catches us off guard.

2. U.S. dates in spring (read April) of some kind.  Could be Hawaii as previously rumored, a few warm up shows, small leg out west maybe before heading to Europe, I don't know, but something.

3. Europe in June/July, this obviously already seems like a lock.

4. U.S. in fall, probably late Aug/early September.

5. AZ/NZ to wrap up 2018, or maybe very early 2019.

I remember, and i also think something out of the blue will happen sooner than later here in the usa
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i would take less shows across the board - i know they dont tour a lot as it is- but even if it was less than the last few years if that means they are able to keep their output the same.  

every year i get older life gets harder, these guys are in their 50s giving us 3 hours of QUALITY and ENERGY, some times on back to back nights!- what we are used to is unsustainable. i mean if anyone can do it they can.  but we really have been spoiled. 

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    nycrats said:
    i would take less shows across the board - i know they dont tour a lot as it is- but even if it was less than the last few years if that means they are able to keep their output the same.  

every year i get older life gets harder, these guys are in their 50s giving us 3 hours of QUALITY and ENERGY, some times on back to back nights!- what we are used to is unsustainable. i mean if anyone can do it they can.  but we really have been spoiled. 

now u said quality.and was thinking the quality-quantity thing.i kinda make up my mind what will do..ill put it this way..i can do a part of the tour..ant take off work  all days of tour 
    if i start from the beggining ..ill do 10 shows tops
    if i start from one country have in mind..ill do 6..tops.
    u know what..i know its "important to have alot of show and more shows in your back..but ill do the 6 ones..plan 
    cos is the same  reason i pick in 2016 to do florida shows..than northeast like philly or ny shows..
    i want to see pj  in other new places,,like jacksonville they played first time(and how turn that for me right?most epic moment in my pj shows ever.) or see them in places they been alot of years ago,,like miami they played 2016 after 22 years!!
    we getting older..and we need to get the best of life..and those guys give us the best on scene..and i love the feeling u get this best or some rare fuckin place,or venue,or town

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I need some canadian or us dates soon!!!  
    Yes we do. I get it, Europe is due. But I've yet to witness "Release" and I need another shot at it ASAP.
    got it in St Paul 2014. I always had it in my head that the only one from Ten I hadn't heard was Oceans. Then they started in on Release, and my body started trembling. I had a "holy fuck I have never heard this live" moment. It was quite the feeling. Then getting Footsteps in the same show? MIND. BLOWN. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    nycrats said:

now u said quality.and was thinking the quality-quantity thing.i kinda make up my mind what will do..ill put it this way..i can do a part of the tour..ant take off work  all days of tour 
    if i start from the beggining ..ill do 10 shows tops
    if i start from one country have in mind..ill do 6..tops.
    u know what..i know its "important to have alot of show and more shows in your back..but ill do the 6 ones..plan 
    cos is the same  reason i pick in 2016 to do florida shows..than northeast like philly or ny shows..
    i want to see pj  in other new places,,like jacksonville they played first time(and how turn that for me right?most epic moment in my pj shows ever.) or see them in places they been alot of years ago,,like miami they played 2016 after 22 years!!
    we getting older..and we need to get the best of life..and those guys give us the best on scene..and i love the feeling u get this best or some rare fuckin place,or venue,or town

agree with the quality vs quantity argument, i almost think 6 is that "sweet spot" in a condensed period.  if i had the ability to keep going for more, id love it, but 6 is a nice number to satiate the urge.  if youre seeing them in cool, new spots, thats a huge bonus.  

after going 0-fer in '17 ill take ANYTHING... 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    I don't get how any of you fuckers can afford to follow this band for 6 shows+. I could barely afford 1 three years ago. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I don't get how any of you fuckers can afford to follow this band for 6 shows+. I could barely afford 1 three years ago. LOL
    to follow for 3 weeks tour the band  in different countries ,travel,hotel,food,drinks,concert tickets and all ,for me means for 6-8 months i dont go out of the house even for a coffee..or a meal out...means work home,home work..there is no other way and i leave dept to my cc that needs another 6 month saving after tour..
    all are choices in life
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    I know absolutely nothing, but wouldn't the dates of the South American tour and the rumours of a Hawaii show in April line them up for doing Coachella?
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    Yeah, I did 10 shows on the Binaural tour (from Ohio all the way back up to Mansfield).  But that was before kids and marriage.  And things didn't seem as expensive, haha.  Now, I'd be spending almost a grand on tickets alone.  

I'd be more than happy with 2 Fenway shows (or really, 2 shows anywhere in the Northeast).  Flying out to a new place for a show is great, but adding in flights and hotels (and scheduling time away while the kids are back in school) is difficult.  
  • Options
    Yeah, I did 10 shows on the Binaural tour (from Ohio all the way back up to Mansfield).  But that was before kids and marriage.  And things didn't seem as expensive, haha.  Now, I'd be spending almost a grand on tickets alone.  

I'd be more than happy with 2 Fenway shows (or really, 2 shows anywhere in the Northeast).  Flying out to a new place for a show is great, but adding in flights and hotels (and scheduling time away while the kids are back in school) is difficult.  
    when schools starts in usa?
  • Options
    to follow for 3 weeks tour the band  in different countries ,travel,hotel,food,drinks,concert tickets and all ,for me means for 6-8 months i dont go out of the house even for a coffee..or a meal out...means work home,home work..there is no other way and i leave dept to my cc that needs another 6 month saving after tour..
    all are choices in life
    well hey, if it gets Ed to sing to you, I suppose it's worth the effort! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Please include Austin City Limits October 2018. It just feels right :)
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Please include Austin City Limits October 2018. It just feels right :)
    last time was 2009 they played there?
    man ,that was a good one
  • Options

all are choices in life
    well hey, if it gets Ed to sing to you, I suppose it's worth the effort! 
    that was an extra..is the feeling man..when u are in the venue..lights go down,,into music,band walks on stage,,crowd screaming..the smell of happiness dude..thats what is all about..u feel free that momnent
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

when schools starts in usa?
    It depends. Generally early September but in some places it's by mid-August. 

Sooooo, how does that effect things??
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf