The Idiot Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    I'm sure his story definitely stirred the pot.  What a fucking asshole.  I hope he gets what he deserves.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-claimed-stabbed-anti-fascist-173823347.html

Man who claimed he was stabbed by anti-fascist over neo-Nazi haircut admits he was lying

A man who claimed he was stabbed by a member of Antifa for having a neo-Nazi haircut on August 16 was arrested after he admitted to police he fabricated the entire story.

Joshua Witt, 26, told police two weeks ago that he was getting out of his car outside a restaurant in Sheridan, Colorado, when he was confronted by a man who asked him, "Are you one of them neo-Nazis?"

In Witt's original account of the events, the unnamed man then charged at him and attempted to stab him, which Witt tried to deflect, causing him to sustain a minor hand injury.

Witt later took to Facebook to post about the incident, sharing photos of his bloodied clothing and bandaged hand, which he said needed stitches.

"Apparently I look like a neo-Nazi and got stabbed for it ..." he wrote at the time. "Luckily I put my hands up to stop it so he only stabbed my hand ... please keep in mind there was no conversation between me and this dude I was literally just getting out of my car."

However, police allegedly became suspicious of Witt's story after they reviewed surveillance videos from nearby restaurants and saw no one fleeing the scene, according to the Denver Post.

After police discovered footage from a nearby sporting goods store that showed Witt purchasing a small knife, they brought him into the station on August 24 for further questioning.

When investigators confronted Witt with this new information, he admitted that he cut himself by accident in his car with the knife he just purchased and then fabricated the entire stabbing story.

The Denver Post reports that Witt was booked on a charge of false reporting to authorities and released on a court summons.

If he is convicted, he may face a fine of up to $2,650 and sentence of up to one year in jail.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    edited September 2017
    Post edited by CM189191 on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    ^ Idiots interviewing idiots. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited September 2017
    Jason P said:
    ^ Idiots interviewing idiots. 
    Yeah, infowars definitely edited out any intelligent bit of discourse coming from the protesters in that video, as well as the worst of what that moron said and did too. What is weird is that infowars somehow thought doing that made them look good and the libs look bad... Nope. It made the libs look stupid and uninformed, and it made infowars look stupid too. Pathetic.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Rep. Tim Murphy, popular with pro-life movement, urged abortion in affair, texts suggest

A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extra-marital relationship took him to task for an anti-abortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

"And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

On Wednesday, Murphy released a statement in which he says he will not seek re-election. 

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2017/10/03/rep-tim-Murphy-pro-life-sought-abortion-affair-shannon-edwards-susan-mosychuk-pennsylvania-chief-of-staff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

Opps!  This shit always cracks me up.  Super pro-life until he thinks he got his mistress pregnant.  Kind of a come-to-Jesus moment for ol' Timmy on the whole abortion issue, ironically. 

• Jason P said:
    Rep. Tim Murphy, popular with pro-life movement, urged abortion in affair, texts suggest

A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extra-marital relationship took him to task for an anti-abortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

"And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

On Wednesday, Murphy released a statement in which he says he will not seek re-election. 

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-nation/2017/10/03/rep-tim-Murphy-pro-life-sought-abortion-affair-shannon-edwards-susan-mosychuk-pennsylvania-chief-of-staff-congress-emails-texts/stories/201710030018

Opps!  This shit always cracks me up.  Super pro-life until he thinks he got his mistress pregnant.  Kind of a come-to-Jesus moment for ol' Timmy on the whole abortion issue, ironically. 

So many of these self-righteous idiots are hypocritical.

Fortunately... he can flutter his hands around his heart, utter some words, turn God's frown upside down... and all will be good! 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    It amazes me that multiple people at Dove didn't speak up when they approved this ad ....

It must have topped the other suggested ad where Dove sprays soapy water on a puppy and then kick it down a flight of stairs.
  • Jason P said:
    It amazes me that multiple people at Dove didn't speak up when they approved this ad ....

It must have topped the other suggested ad where Dove sprays soapy water on a puppy and then kick it down a flight of stairs.

Wow.

I'm thinking this is fake advertising by CNN.

Or else an ad only shown in the state of Virginia maybe?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    Jason P said:

Yeah, it looks bad, and it is bad. However, this media presentation is also a little bit of fake news itself, because apparently the real ad goes on to have the white woman pull off her shirt to reveal another black woman. FSM only knows what Dove intended the message to be, but probably not the way it looks and reads. 

Still a major face palm, though. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Jason P said:

Yeah, it looks bad, and it is bad. However, this media presentation is also a little bit of fake news itself, because apparently the real ad goes on to have the white woman pull off her shirt to reveal another black woman. FSM only knows what Dove intended the message to be, but probably not the way it looks and reads. 

Meh, I don't see it. I think this is one of those cases where we've become too PC and are looking or insinuating something that isn't there. I guess this also means the 2 non white women in this ad are ignorant because they agreed to be in it even though it's racist? Would the ad have been fine if the white woman pulled the shirt off to reveal black?
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:

Meh, I don't see it. I think this is one of those cases where we've become too PC and are looking or insinuating something that isn't there. I guess this also means the 2 non white women in this ad are ignorant because they agreed to be in it even though it's racist? Would the ad have been fine if the white woman pulled the shirt off to reveal black?
    Well, she did, so I think you're missed my point. 

• This judge.

This judge is an idiot:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/man-who-raped-12-year-old-awarded-joint-custody-of-her-child/ar-AAteEDk?li=AAggFp5&ocid=edgsp

This is the exact reason why one should not do acid while presiding over a legal case. Team Slap might need to unite and make a road trip.
    Okay, I personally think this guy is an idiot (and his girlfriend, too), but other "audiophiles" may disagree.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/man-banned-from-playing-car-stereo-in-central-saanich-1.23062379

It's his job to play his stereo deafeningly loud as he drives around?? I'm sure a few people here might want that job.

• Okay, I personally think this guy is an idiot (and his girlfriend, too), but other "audiophiles" may disagree.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/man-banned-from-playing-car-stereo-in-central-saanich-1.23062379

It's his job to play his stereo deafeningly loud as he drives around?? I'm sure a few people here might want that job.

The perfect blend of idiocy and inconsideration.

An idiot for sure though.

* I was up at midnight the other night telling my neighbours to turn their music down. "Hey... idiots... your music? A little loud, eh?"

Neighbour stress is some of the worst stress.
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    tbergs said:
    Jason P said:

Agreed, this is the result of folks being too sensitive. The commercial does go on to reveal an asian woman, etc. I wonder what the black actress in the commercial thought of it. If the people offended by such things spent 1/2 as much time talking and working toward a solution rather than bitching and moaning and looking to be offended, we might make some headway.But, most just point fingers and say how awful something is. To and fro, the pendulum throws. Hopefully when it swings back, it will not throw too far past the point of reason and common sense. Who am I kidding? Common sense isn't a thing anymore :)
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    edited October 2017
    Let's none of us be idiots here and keep getting threads locked.  That's a waste of time.  We can do better!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited October 2017
  • I didn't post the video link to it, but there is an incident at the Carolina Eagles game last night where some asshole sucker punches an elderly man about five times after the old man told the punk to sit down.

It's gross and I feel really badly for the old man.

The punk kid is an idiot. For sure. So is his ignorant girlfriend.
    I didn't post the video link to it, but there is an incident at the Carolina Eagles game last night where some asshole sucker punches an elderly man about five times after the old man told the punk to sit down.

It's gross and I feel really badly for the old man.

The punk kid is an idiot. For sure. So is his ignorant girlfriend.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Hopefully they can catch the idiot who did this. Thankfully no one was hurt.

https://www.cnet.com/news/drone-hits-commercial-aircraft-over-canada/
    It's a hopeless situation...
    She's  sure to get lots of votes from the supporters of herr dRumpf......

Miami congressional candidate claims she was visited by aliens
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357

Anthony Scaramucci’s new media organization is sparking outrage for a poll question asking readers how many Jews they thought had been murdered during the Holocaust.

Tweeters accused The Scaramucci Post, which President Donald Trump’s former communications director launched in September, of pandering to Holocaust deniers by asking its 24,000-plus Twitter followers this question on Tuesday morning:

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    watch the video with volume. 3rd grader adhd in handcuffs above the elbows. deputy gonna teach this young man a lesson!

https://www.aclu.org/video/third-grader-handcuffed-school

tbergs said:
    Jason P said:

Yeah, this was some bullshit spin to get everyone going. The full ad isn't racist at all, nor offensive. I was, however, offended by the backlash to it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    On the lower end of the idiot scale; more like hapless, maybe. Never a good idea to text the RCMP offering to sell drugs. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/vancouversun.com/news/crime/oops-dealer-accidentally-texts-offer-to-sell-drugs-to-b-c-mountie/amp

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    On the lower end of the idiot scale; more like hapless, maybe. Never a good idea to text the RCMP offering to sell drugs. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/vancouversun.com/news/crime/oops-dealer-accidentally-texts-offer-to-sell-drugs-to-b-c-mountie/amp

A rather stupid thing to do, for sure, but I hope the guy does not do time.  There are too many people guilty of victimless crimes in jails.  I say, legalize all drugs, spend more time and resources on rehab rather than building more prisons, and reduce the prison population.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Of the athletic variety: Vontaze Burfict.

The Bengals feature Adam Jones on their team as well. Birds of feather flock together.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vontaze-burfict-appears-to-kick-steelers-player-in-the-head-while-on-ground/
  • Idiots of the 'official' variety:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/24/men-photographed-in-crocodile-trap-dubbed-idiots-of-the-century

Photos of the men swimming around and even climbing into the trap at the Port Douglas Marina have surfaced online, leaving the mayor of Douglas Shire, Julia Leu, stunned. “I was absolutely gobsmacked, this is incredibly stupid and dangerous behaviour. I’m wondering if these fellows are vying for the idiots of the year award or the idiots of the century award,” she told ABC radio.
    edited October 2017
    brianlux said:

A rather stupid thing to do, for sure, but I hope the guy does not do time.  There are too many people guilty of victimless crimes in jails.  I say, legalize all drugs, spend more time and resources on rehab rather than building more prisons, and reduce the prison population.
    This is in Vancouver, where weed is practically already legal, and will be officially be legal in about 9 months, so I seriously doubt he'll actually do prison time for that (though FWIW, I don't think the prison population is really a major issue in Canada. The rate is 139 out of 100,000 incarcerated at any given time. About 40,000 people nationwide... remember, we don't have private prisons in Canada! There is no motivation to pack them full!).