7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    looks like Monk on Kentucky is going to be good. I was at both games last night. That shot by Mason was tremendous
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Duke/Kansas game is good back and forth game

I wish they could start these games earlier. I was barely able to make it to halftime.
    I'm through with screaming
  • looks like Monk on Kentucky is going to be good. I was at both games last night. That shot by Mason was tremendous

Great username.
    I'm through with screaming
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052

looks like Monk on Kentucky is going to be good. I was at both games last night. That shot by Mason was tremendous

Great username.
    Thanks and I'd be in favor of earlier starts, like 6:30 and 9.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    NCAA indited Oklahoma State, Auburn, Arizona and UCLA for bribes.  Seems that Louisville had Adidas pay a recruit $100K to commit.

That's gotta be the death penalty for the Cards program after the hooker fiasco, right?

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Jason P said:
    NCAA indited Oklahoma State, Auburn, Arizona and UCLA for bribes.  Seems that Louisville had Adidas pay a recruit $100K to commit.

That's gotta be the death penalty for the Cards program after the hooker fiasco, right?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20824193/ncaa-basketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption

not the NCAA but federal corruption charges. woah. i wonder if more are coming and how far this ends up.  I can't see these assistant coaches doing hard time without singing like canary's.  these are some serious ass charges. Feds don't charge and lose.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Jason P said:

Good.  College recruiting is so fucking dirty.  The whole scene is sad and disgusting...teams recruiting kids when they're 12-13 years old.  
    Jason P said:

Good.  College recruiting is so fucking dirty.  The whole scene is sad and disgusting...teams recruiting kids when they're 12-13 years old.  
    how do you feel about high schools recruiting at that age because that happens too.
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

how do you feel about high schools recruiting at that age because that happens too.

That's also very sad.  
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

That's also very sad.  
    yes it is
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Jason P said:

12-13? You're be naive. It's much earlier than that.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited September 2017
    Jason P said:

It's not all about recruiting though. Part of it is coaching accepting bribes to steer kids towards certain agents. I fear that my school (South Carolina) is going to get in trouble because of this. Evans was at South Carolina before OK State and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was accepting bribes to get PJ Dozier and/or Sindarius Thornwell to sign with one of the agents listed in the indictment. We are certainly listed in the document (I think we are University-2), so all I can hope is that this was a rogue coach and nobody else knew of his actions.

That said, I think this is just the beginning and we're going to see a lot more charges and names thrown out. Worldwide Wes better go into hiding and get to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US.
    Post edited by markymark550 on
    Jason P said:

It's not all about recruiting though. Part of it is coaching accepting bribes to steer kids towards certain agents. I fear that my school (South Carolina) is going to get in trouble because of this. Evans was at South Carolina before OK State and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was accepting bribes to get PJ Dozier and/or Sindarius Thornwell to sign with one of the agents listed in the indictment. We are certainly listed in the document (I think we are University-2), so all I can hope is that this was a rogue coach and nobody else knew of his actions.

That said, I think this is just the beginning and we're going to see a lot more charges and names thrown out. Worldwide Wes better go into hiding and get to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US.
    every major coach of every major program better be lawyering up.  once those arrested start talking and it possibly gets into the other shoe companies all hell could break loose. Every Adidas school should be shaking in their shoes this morning for sure.
    edited September 2017
    Maybe Purdue can now land some 5 star recruits after the pay-for-play ring has been busted.
    Louisville's top recruiter used to be Tom Crean's top recruiter at Indiana.  IU is also an Adidas school.  Hmmm ...

Interesting to see what will happen when the canaries start to sing. 
    Pitino and the AD Ulrich are out.  Feels like this is just the start of things here...
    I think Louisville will escape the death penalty because the NCAA likes money and Louisville is a big time program.  Just look at Penn State when they looked the other way on child diddling (for decades!!  and let the man run a charity for children!!!) and they didn't even have to serve the full sentence ... because Penn State makes shitloads of money for the NCAA and Big Ten.  I expect the same for the Cards.
    Jason P said:
    I think Louisville will escape the death penalty because the NCAA likes money and Louisville is a big time program.  Just look at Penn State when they looked the other way on child diddling (for decades!!  and let the man run a charity for children!!!) and they didn't even have to serve the full sentence ... because Penn State makes shitloads of money for the NCAA and Big Ten.  I expect the same for the Cards.
    except Penn State wasn't about violations in relation to the athletes or games. The NCAA really had little authority to punish Penn State as these were criminal acts.  that being said not sure Louisville gets the death penalty either but even if it does I imagine this is going to take some time to sort out.  as i said above if this moves to the other shoe companies this could envelop many of the top programs.  and you'd have to be pretty naive to think the other shoe companies weren't doing similar things. Every major program and coach has to be shaking in their boots right now and not fully because of the NCAA.  This is the FBI and they don't fuck around.  I love college basketball and yesterday and today are very sad days for the game. this could get really ugly.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Pitino and the AD Ulrich are out.  Feels like this is just the start of things here...

OP you gonna change the years now?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    q: how can you tell when rick pitino is lying?

a: his lips are moving.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:
    except Penn State wasn't about violations in relation to the athletes or games. The NCAA really had little authority to punish Penn State as these were criminal acts.  that being said not sure Louisville gets the death penalty either but even if it does I imagine this is going to take some time to sort out.  as i said above if this moves to the other shoe companies this could envelop many of the top programs.  and you'd have to be pretty naive to think the other shoe companies weren't doing similar things. Every major program and coach has to be shaking in their boots right now and not fully because of the NCAA.  This is the FBI and they don't fuck around.  I love college basketball and yesterday and today are very sad days for the game. this could get really ugly.
    That's the messed up thing .... Penn State hid a child molester and gave the child molester knowing access to rape kids at least into the 1970's per reports last week and the NCAA doesn't have authority to do shit. Meanwhile they make millions off unpaid students athletes that come from poverty and take a payoff and now the hammer drops.

Oh, and JoePa's kid was named a Penn State trustee last May.  Good to see how NCAA justice was served!

WE ARE! PENN STATE!

What a country! 

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I heard the FBI has set up a tip line and let it be known they might go lighter on people who turn themselves and/or others in.

a lot of coaches aren't gonna sleep real well for a while.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Got student season tickets at Wisconsin for this season, super excited
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Suck Blue USC basketball!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Jason P said:
    Maybe Purdue can now land some 5 star recruits after the pay-for-play ring has been busted.
    Now we're talking.