Barrett Martin's book "The Singing Earth" Includes CD w/ Mad Season's Ascension

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Hmm ...

Received this email when I asked for the tracking number .. 

We have not sent the orders yet. They will all likely go out by the end of next week.

Best,

Lisette A. Garcia
    General Manager
    @ Barrett Martin ..

Hello everyone! My new book, The Singing Earth, is now available worldwide at www.BarrettMartin.com 
    I'd like to invite everyone who loves this Earth and our amazing diversity of people to the book release, this Thursday August 24th at 6pm in the KEXP Gathering Space here in Seattle - and its free to everyone! I will do a talk and Q & A with KEXP DJ Kevin Cole, I'll show some photos from my musical adventures across 6 continents, and then the Barrett Martin Group will play songs from the book soundtrack. We will have guest singers like Ayron Jones, Jeff Angell, African Drum Master Thione Diop, Screaming Trees bassist Van Conner, Annie Jantzer, Brad Laina, Tayler Lynn, and a backing band of the best players in Seattle. And here's a great preview of my book in the Seattle Times (thank you Nicole Brodeur!) Love, Barrett

Barrett is amazing!!! If you didn't hear this SiriusXM The Singing Earth special, you just have too. Seriously so good! 

barrettmartinofficial As many of you know, this is Layne Staley's birthday week, he would have been 50 (I just turned 50 myself). Its also the release of my book, The Singing Earth, and the Pearl Jam guys have been kind enough to give me a 2.5 hour radio special on the Pearl Jam Sirius XM Radio Channel 22. I basically play about 25 songs from my career and I tell stories about each song, which includes 3 world premier songs from Mad Season, the Walking Papers, and the Levee Walkers featuring Ayron Jones. Please tune in at any of the times below. And if you are in Seattle this Thursday the 24th, I'll be doing a free talk and show starting at 6 pm in the KEXP Gathering Space in Seattle. It will feature the Barrett Martin Group backing up Van Conner of the Screaming Trees, a Senegalese drum master, Ayron Jones, Annie Jantzer, and Jeff Angell and Ben Anderson of the Walking Papers (debuting 2 new Walking Papers songs from our new album). Please come down and celebrate with us!

Love, Barrett

• BARRETT MARTIN GUEST DJ @ PEARL JAM SIRIUS XM 22

Thursday 8/24 @ 8am ET
      Friday 8/25 @ 5pm ET
      Saturday 8/26 @ Noon ET
      Sunday 8/27 @ 6pm ET

edited August 2017

I missed the first few minutes of the broadcast on KEXP. Captured 84:25 minutes worth.
    Barrett Martin on KEXP with Kevin Cole August 23rd 2017 (incomplete) MP3 - https://we.tl/jnt844p6rm

Post edited by demetrios on

I'd like to thank everyone who pre-ordered The Singing Earth book and CD soundtrack, it was way more than we anticipated! Our manufacturer was late delivering the book to us, but if you ordered in the United States, you should be receiving your books and CDs this week. If you ordered from a foreign territory, those books and CDs are being shipped over the course of the next two weeks. The book will be available at retail stores on September 8th, but if you buy directly from our company, Sunyata Records & Books, we have 2 buying options - 1. the signed book, CD soundtrack, and all 5 of my solo CDs, or 2. just the signed book and CD soundtrack. Again,we thank you for your support of our little indie label, which is also now a book publisher! Orders can be places at www.BarrettMartin.com Thank you! Barrett

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    mine showed up today. looking forward to reading.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Good to know they're in MN. I bought a new house in July and emailed Barrett with my new address. He himself replied the next day and I assumed it was all taken care of, until I got my shipping email a week or two ago with my old address. We'll see what happens! 

Anyone outside the USA receive their package in the mail yet?
  • I'm in the US and haven't received anything yet. :)
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Got mine yesterday - listened to The Painted Desert album. Very jazzy and atmospheric - felt like the soundtrack to a 70's Bond film. Favorite track off that one is #5, is The Worm. Can't wait to listen to more and start reading the book this weekend. :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
    Tracking say's it'll be here on the 8th. Can't wait! :)
    Signed Barrett Martin - The Singing Earth book and 6 CDs has arrived from Sunyata Records & Books . Sweet!!!

Jeff Angell will be joining the Barrett Martin Group for 5 shows only supporting the release of Barrett's book The Singing Earth. Together they will perform unique interpretations of work from both of their catalogs as well as their Walking Papers collaboration.

For many of the songs, it will be their first time performed live!

Tickets are available at the links below.

Looking forward to seeing you at the show

Wed Sept 20th - Tacoma - Jazzbones
    Tickets: http://tinyurl.com/y7nd7ryy

Fri Sept 22nd - Seattle - Nectar Lounge
    Tickets: http://tinyurl.com/yaepjq98

Sat Sept 23rd - Portland - Jack London Revue
    Tickets: http://tinyurl.com/yatcvs9o

Wed Sept 27th - Los Angeles - The Mint
    Tickets: http://tinyurl.com/y72rluwo

Thur Sept 28th - San Francisco - Boom Boom Room
    Tickets: http://tinyurl.com/yb58dhpx

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Seattle! Tonight we bring our show to you! All new music from the Barrett Martin Group, Jeff Angell, and new songs from the forthcoming Walking Papers album, presented as one epic show, big band style! The True Loves open and they are an incredible band not to be missed. Thank you! Barrett

https://www.facebook.com/events/201741073669888/

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Have you ordered your copy of my new book, The Singing Earth? Oh, it's just so heavy with all those bonus BMG CDs! We just launched a new website and we have less than 100 copies of the 1st edition left, which comes with a CD soundtrack. The 2nd edition won't arrive till January so get your official signed copy on our new website at: www.BarrettMartin.com  Great for stocking stuffers too! Thank you! B

Still waiting in Greece... :look_at_the_time:  Dreading the possible customs fees... :worried:
    Received my copy yesterday! :triumph:  No customs fees! :joy:

This Friday and Saturday December 1st & 2nd, the Barrett Martin Group returns with all new songs and the first complete performance of our forthcoming album "Transcendence" played in its entirety. Featuring the best musicians from Seattle's jazz and rock instrumental music scene.
    Friday December 1st @ Rhythm & Rye (Olympia, WA)

Saturday December 2nd @ The Royal Room (Seattle, WA)

Thank you! Barrett

@ Barrett Martin ..

As 2017 comes to an end, I'd like to thank everyone who read my book "The Singing Earth" (thank you for your comments too), and to those who came out to see the Barrett Martin Group on our west coast tour. Stay tuned for the release of the new BMG album "Transcendence" in early 2018. But first up is the new Walking Papers album, which features myself on drums, Duff McKagan on bass, Jeff Angell on vocals/guitar, and Benjamin Anderson on the keys. This is our 2nd album titled "WP2" and it comes out worldwide on January 19th. And if you'd like to pre-order the CD, vinyl LP, digital download, and various other special items, Pledge Music has a bunch of things available in the link below. Hope you enjoy the new music and thank you for a great 2017-18! Love, Barrett

Hi folks, we are literally down to the last box of 1st edition signed copies of my book, The Singing Earth. Which, by the way, also comes with a 26 song CD soundtrack and 5 of my solo albums. Get them now while they still exist, as the 2nd edition won’t arrive until February 2018. Deep thanks to everyone who bought those first 975 books, this is all that’s left! Get it here at: www.BarrettMartin.com/books