Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,857
    Pap said:
    I got a ticket for the May 3rd gig @ Bush Hall, London :triumph:

Sweet! :)

• Options
    OK, it's official - I'm coming to the UK to play 4 shows with the great Duke Garwood @dukegarwood and it's going to be a very special kind of show. We're going to play as a duo to honor the beautiful songs that Duke has written himself and with Mark Lanegan, and I threw in some Screaming Trees and a Mad Season song for extra spice. And then after that set, I am going to show you some of the short films I have been making about music around the world for my Singing Earth series, so you can expect some good storytelling as well. So come and spend a beautiful evening of music, storytelling, and film with Uncle Bear and Uncle Duke, we promise a very special evening. Thank you! Barrett Martin

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    Drums Drumming GIF by Rafael Varona
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

Sweet!  B)
  • Options
    Hey You: Catching Up With Barrett Martin of Screaming Trees/Mad Season/Tuatara/Skin Yard 

• Options
    demetrios said:
    Hey You: Catching Up With Barrett Martin of Screaming Trees/Mad Season/Tuatara/Skin Yard 

I also started making my first solo albums in 2004, the same year I did that big ethnomusicology project in the Peruvian Amazon, so I think the Barrett Martin Group is just a natural extension of all the music I have played in my life. We’re not even just a jazz band anymore, because I have people like Alain Johannes and Matt Cameron playing on my new album, and we just jam and experiment with all kinds of musical ideas. Somehow, it all comes through in the songs, and the Barrett Martin Group evolves and changes with each album we make. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:

I also started making my first solo albums in 2004, the same year I did that big ethnomusicology project in the Peruvian Amazon, so I think the Barrett Martin Group is just a natural extension of all the music I have played in my life. We’re not even just a jazz band anymore, because I have people like Alain Johannes and Matt Cameron playing on my new album, and we just jam and experiment with all kinds of musical ideas. Somehow, it all comes through in the songs, and the Barrett Martin Group evolves and changes with each album we make. :open_mouth:

Can't wait to hear.
  • Options

barrettmartinofficial

For those who are coming to my shows with Duke Garwood @dukegarwood in the UK and Iceland this May (and for those thinking about it) this little video gives you a glimpse of what I'll be doing. We filmed this during my US tour last November and @bradleyrocks made it into this cool little vid, which is my show of stories, short films, and live music. For this upcoming tour in England and Iceland you'll get the additional beauty of Duke Garwood's voice and his amazing songs as we play a bunch of music as a duo. Shows and ticket links are in the bio! Thank you! Barrett

• Options
    ^ Can't wait! :smiley: