Photos of your guitars

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
it's been awhile since i started a "let's see 'em" thread, but post your guitar photos so we can all drool and wish we had more money for gear. The pics below are of my current collection taken this morning. I am missing a few from the photos i posted several years ago, and have added a few in their place. post your guitars for me!!!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited July 2017
    Nice collection! I used to have a Les Paul Standard that looks like your burst Les Paul. That was a great sounding guitar but it was heavy AF.

This is the only guitar photo I have. I'll try to take more. I'm really excited to see what appears in this thread.

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • nittanysurfernittanysurfer Philadelphia, PA Posts: 49
    edited August 2017
    A couple that I have pics on my phone.  Similar to @gimmesometruth27 , I should do a family pic, but my collection is not as impressive.
    Post edited by nittanysurfer on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    Camden, '98
    Camden, '00
    Philadelphia, State College, '03
    Camden, '06
    Philadelphia, '09
    Philadelphia, '13
    Philadelphia, '16

• rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    What a "family photo, gimme, nice!

Not a great picture, but here's my babies all crammed in my little den space.

Clockwise from the left:  80's Squire Strat with dual humbuckers, First Act Paul Westerberg Signature model, replica '72 U.S. Fender Tele Thinline w. dual humbuckers, '74 Martin D-18, early 00's Martin DX-1R, and an ancient round bellied European mandolin thing that used to be my brother-in-laws before he passed away.  I also have a Little Martin 3/4 model I forgot about but it's in the room where my wife is sleeping.  Next time!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
    Love my Sunburst acoustics! Taylor 714ce and Martin D-41
    Beautiful! Is that abalone top purfling and rosette on your Martin? Don't see that too often. 

Sure is! just a beaut. Could have bought a used car for cash haha. Best acoustic I've ever played though.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Fun idea! Will take some pics and post them once the home studio is done!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Clockwise from noon:
    Oscar Schmidt by Washburn
    Ibanez I want to say RJ series?  Traded a Mexican Strat for it and don't know
    Epiphone junker for camping and boating
    Samick Artist Series SD-280CS with Lacewood top
    Alvarez AJ60 12s
    Lanikai LPK-T
    Fender DG22 Maple top
    SGR by Schecter- junker electric included in the trade for the Mexican Strat

The Alvarez 12s is my favourite, it plays like a 6 string and sounds like it's got 24.  I do about 70% of my playing on it.

The Samick has incredible volume, it's the same volume as the Fender and it has electric strings on it.  Very loud, warm and deep tone, a very baritone sounding dreadnought.  It doesn't play easily, and really shines on chords more than notes.  Always the loudest guitar in a jam.  

The Fender is too bright for me, it's a very pretty tone, but I like the bass tones more than treble.

The Oscar Schmidt plays like an electric and sounds like an acoustic, it's a real treat to play.  It does weigh about 6,000 lbs though, so a stool is a necessity.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Oh, poop.  I guess I'll have to post when I've got WiFi at the gym in the morning.
    Pictures without description work, descriptions without pictures, not so much.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I have guitars on every level of my house lol. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    That's awesome. 
    No family photos yet but these are my Fender project guitars:
    dpduke69 said:
    these are sick!!!! which one do you like more?  I don't think i've ever had the privilege of playing a taylor.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Beautiful pics, everyone!

Everyone's gotta start somewhere, just got my first a couple weeks ago (starting to learn at 43, sheesh, lol).

"The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    It's never too late to start. Good luck and most importantly, don't forget to have fun with it! 
  • Just work past the blister phase and until ur finger tips r hardened. Start with your five basic chords. Learn how they interpret to bar chords, a few scales, and you can play 90% of what's out there. Go for it! I'm a drummer at heart, but can play most everything at this point including some piano. Like it was said, if you love it you will just want to keep playing, becomes a good addiction and outlet. I started around age 20 (which is late for most people) and just turned 39, but honestly learned most everything I needed in the first year for guitar, bass, piano, and how scales work. Since then it's just play, play, play. With and without people, both are great! I don't have photos but my instrument list is:

Guitar: Gibson Songbird, Gibson 69' SG junior with a single P90, Gibson 57' VOS Les Paul, Martin DX1E 
    Amp: 65Amps Empire Head (Yes the same as Mike's!) into a custom 2x12 Bruno cab
    -Tones are incredible, but of course I still want a McReady LP, a good strat / tele and fender amp

Bass: Fender J-Bass American Early Nineties, and a 2015 Gibson SG Bass
    Amp: Orange Terror 500 into an Ampeg SVT410HLF and Orange 2x12 Cabs
    -Again I love my setup, but still want a vintage Ricky

FX: Too may to name, but my favorite are Spaceman. If you have not used them, just try and you will be hooked.

Drums:
    Tama Starclassic Maple, Pearl Birch Kit from the early nineties, and Roland digital TD8 kit with mesh pads and more cymbals than I know what to do with
    -When I actually play I keep my kits pretty simple, just love interchanging stuff

PA: for Vox, Acoustics, whatever I want to mic up and of course my digital drums.
    -Makes it really fun to play along with any / all bands (especially PJ)
    Just work past the blister phase and until ur finger tips r hardened. Start with your five basic chords. Learn how they interpret to bar chords, a few scales, and you can play 90% of what's out there. Go for it! I'm a drummer at heart, but can play most everything at this point including some piano. Like it was said, if you love it you will just want to keep playing, becomes a good addiction and outlet. I started around age 20 (which is late for most people) and just turned 39, but honestly learned most everything I needed in the first year for guitar, bass, piano, and how scales work. Since then it's just play, play, play. With and without people, both are great! I don't have photos but my instrument list is:

Guitar: Gibson Songbird, Gibson 69' SG junior with a single P90, Gibson 57' VOS Les Paul, Martin DX1E 
    Amp: 65Amps Empire Head (Yes the same as Mike's!) into a custom 2x12 Bruno cab
    -Tones are incredible, but of course I still want a McReady LP, a good strat / tele and fender amp

Bass: Fender J-Bass American Early Nineties, and a 2015 Gibson SG Bass
    Amp: Orange Terror 500 into an Ampeg SVT410HLF and Orange 2x12 Cabs
    -Again I love my setup, but still want a vintage Ricky

FX: Too may to name, but my favorite are Spaceman. If you have not used them, just try and you will be hooked.

Drums:
    Tama Starclassic Maple, Pearl Birch Kit from the early nineties, and Roland digital TD8 kit with mesh pads and more cymbals than I know what to do with
    -When I actually play I keep my kits pretty simple, just love interchanging stuff

PA: for Vox, Acoustics, whatever I want to mic up and of course my digital drums.
    -Makes it really fun to play along with any / all bands (especially PJ)
    Absolutely, the first time I tried to learn to play my Dad started teaching me the scales and the notes and the musical theory stuff. 
    Didn't even come close to sticking.
    Couple years later my brother taught me to make an E chord and then lift a finger to make it an E minor.
    I was hooked.  Scales and theories and notes are not the place to start, they are the place to go when you want to get beyond campfire quality, but campfire quality is all that many people are looking to achieve anyways.  Myself included.

I just wish you could learn to sing through practice the same way you can learn an instrument.
  • nittanysurfernittanysurfer Philadelphia, PA Posts: 49
    I agree with what you guys just said. I think what's great about the time we live in now is that you can watch lessons on YouTube, rewind, rewatch, until you get it. Granted, some of the people on YouTube are rubbish but there are some really good teachers too! You just have to weed them out and find someone you like.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    Camden, '98
    Camden, '00
    Philadelphia, State College, '03
    Camden, '06
    Philadelphia, '09
    Philadelphia, '13
    Philadelphia, '16

totally agree...learn the 5 basic chords and you'll be able to play a heck of a lot of songs.
    I agree with what you guys just said. I think what's great about the time we live in now is that you can watch lessons on YouTube, rewind, rewatch, until you get it. Granted, some of the people on YouTube are rubbish but there are some really good teachers too! You just have to weed them out and find someone you like.
    Marty Schwartz is the best YouTube teacher, he does great beginner songs and breaks them down really well.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone, I'll definitely keep those things in mind! In one way my age helps, in that I'm prepared for the long haul on the learning and don't really have any expectations for my pace of progress, lol.

Thanks again everyone, now back to those sweet, sweet guitar pics, lol!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mcgruff10 said:
    totally agree...learn the 5 basic chords and you'll be able to play a heck of a lot of songs.
    Because I play only power chords, what are the 5 basic chords?

It's amazing how much you can play with just using power chords...
    I'd guess EADG and C. Throw F and B in there if you really want to get fancy.