Vodka, How Do I Love Thee

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2017

I'm sick. Vodka will be my cure. It kills germs, right?

:lol: I think that is where the term "I'm pickled" comes from! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    vodka and diet 7up is very good.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Always there for a friend
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

can't believe i just went pretty much through the entirety this thread... not all of it but nearly. not one swingin john roger put up "lemon drops" or "vikingfjord vodka"    

lemon drops: get your vodka, get your lemons & get your powdered sugar. cut up your lemons. i myself enjoy a larger lemon wedge so my lemon wedges are bulky like me. roll your lemon wedge in powdered sugar & get ready. drink your vodka shooter, eat your powdered sugary citrus wedge. quit fucking around & do so often       

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    pickle juice & vodka... so says the folks down the way camping from us. campgrounds are good places for advice, tips & all around relaxation  

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited July 2017
    not to change the integrity around here but if i don't mention this i'll forget... "kraken black spiced rum"... stfu... warning... dangerous... no joke... stuff turns your average mild mannered office desk guy into a full on frothing at the mouth neanderthal who moves his neighbors' outdoor furniture, potted plants, snow shovels, bird feeders, tires, rakes, garden hoses, hummingbird feeders, dog houses, lawn mowers & fences around the neighborhood to mingle nicely w/ others       
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    if you want gross: mix a glass of milk & vodka together. that is beyond belief disgusting  

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

my work is done here

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hahahaha.  Vodka and milk?  I love ya brother but that is spot on disgusting.  
    Vodka goes with ice.  And sometimes a little sweet vermouth.
    Vodka is live
    Vodka is hot
    Vodka swilrs cold on the tongue
    Vodka is everything I forgot
    Vodka tells my soul what it is to have a soul
    Vodka comforts me when all is forgotten
    Vodka reminds me that I am alive
    Vodka is the sweetest master,when I only want a slave
    Vodka puts me to bed
    When I want no pain
    Vodka speak to me
    When no one listens
    Vodka answers my questions
    When nobody knows I'm there
    Vodka is good to me
    Vodka is bad
    Only vodka
    Wears boots in my rain

what about dan aykroyd crystal head? i've never had the stuff. is it a good plan? why doesn't crystal head come in a 1.75 liter jug?

if it aint big, i'm not pleased

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I've never had the stuff either
    I'm a Kettle guy.

Vodka big
    Vodka small
    Vodka short
    Vodka small
    If I judge a single taste
    I leave all souls behind.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Vodka guy here prefer martini shaken off course olive & Pearl onion drops of Tabasco, as long as it's tripled distilled lately I've been on a Ketel kick ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Tabasco in your beautiful, amazing, Ketel martini?  I cannot say 'gross!' because I have never tried it.  Perhaps I shall --- predicting that I proclaim it to be 'gross!' but will try to keep an open mind.  Do you put the tabasco in the shaker or add at the end?

Perhaps too much vodka was consumed last night, on my part.  Perhaps.

lemon drops anyone? please tell me someone has had lemon drops

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:
    lemon drops anyone? please tell me someone has had lemon drops
    I love lemon drops!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Sure, lemin drops can be tasty. Tough to drink a bunch if the for me as ut gets too lemony but they can be good to drink!
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    I had a Zima last night...is this where I chill?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Hahaha.  Zima is for time travelers.
    edited July 2017
    I have never tried a Zima.

I am not a vodka connoisseur at all; I'm more a wine and rye kinda gal. But I do enjoy a greyhound now and again, and white Russians are tasty. But what I really enjoy is vodka with energy drinks, lol, preferably sugar-free red bull or sugar-free rockstar (and you can buy the sugar-free rockstars with vodka already in them in Canada). I am not even a fan of energy drinks at all, but there is something about putting vodka in them that makes it really weirdly appealing to me.... plus they're good when you're low on energy at a party, haha. I know this is low-brow vodka use, but I don't care. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Never have a lot of them though if you are subject to hangovers.  We topped off a day of drinking all day watching football...probably 15-20 glasses each with after dinner and fir the rest of the night Vodka Red Bulls.  Probably had 10-15 of those.  
    Not supposed to drink with that much sugar.  Hangover bomb.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Huh, I always thought that Ani, F Me and Scruffy were men.

Takes a while on the internet to pin down genders. Now I know that Scruffy is the hot chick who's totally out of that dude's league in her avatar. I'd always assumed otherwise. 

I've met the other two, though, so they're harder to explain. Butchies, I guess?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I tuck it back.

And then knock back more vodka!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I tuck it back.

And then knock back more vodka!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    dankind said:
    Huh, I always thought that Ani, F Me and Scruffy were men.

Takes a while on the internet to pin down genders. Now I know that Scruffy is the hot chick who's totally out of that dude's league in her avatar. I'd always assumed otherwise. 

I've met the other two, though, so they're harder to explain. Butchies, I guess?
    I posted it once, I'll post it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CK0Yr7im9o

I recently got into Parks & Recreation and when I watched that episode I chuckled and thought about you sharing that clip.  While Ron Swanson is indeed a great man, this is yet another way I sway from the Swanson Path. 

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited July 2017
    I recently got into Parks & Recreation and when I watched that episode I chuckled and thought about you sharing that clip.  While Ron Swanson is indeed a great man, this is yet another way I sway from the Swanson Path. 

Many life lessons can be learned from Mr. Swanson, such as his position on clear alcohol and old wooden sailing ships.  That said, as with anyone he can be very wrong on many things, such as his position on Europe, buffets and fish.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    I loved his reaction to getting Employee of the Month.  (Especially how he uses the branch to smooth it out and hide his tracks.)

https://youtu.be/KT7oUhb3Lc0

Capitalism:  God's way of determining who is smart, and who is poor.