*** EDDIE VEDDER AMSTERDAM 1 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,358
    Who wants to follow Eddie on tour, take donations, and give us the feed? You'd go for free, make money, and we'd all give anything to see this. 
  • radarradar Posts: 766
    Hard sun. Thats All for today
    I have to admit that I did lose myself a Little bit during Porch so there's something missing in the first set. Starting from Fugazi its moreless correct
    Why did u lose yourself? Porch not fit the set or u loved it?
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Thank to Radar and to Marco
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    RS65573 said:
    Marco you just made a lot of people very happy.

I've said it on other posts Dimi said about what I said .well done. periscope is the best grieving i've done.
    Maybe someday they will realize not only did they leave a fortune on the table, because a 4 minute periscope drew 1200 people on a Saturday afternoon, they also keep this beautiful outpouring of love from so many. I'd literally pay more than a ticket to have watched or heard this. 
    ed prefers his shows to be intimate affairs. it sucks, but i get it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

He seems to have played the songs that say what he wants to say. Porch because leave a message at least I, could have heard your voice one last time. 

When i say pj in Toronto in 2011 my wife had just lost her mom. She wrote a letter to Eddie and he played light years for her. And i thought it was an odd choice but clearly that's his song to cope with loss. :(
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    1- LONG ROAD
    2- TROUBLE
    3- SOMETIMES
    4- CANT KEEP
    5- SLEEPING BY MYSELF
    6- WITHOUT YOU
    7- NEEDLE AND THE DAMAGE DOME
    8- I AM MINE
    9- LIGHT YEARS
    10- GOOD WOMAN
    11- FAR BEHIND
    2-3 SONGS FROM INTO THE WILD ALBUM
    12- I’M OPEN
    13- BETTERMAN
    14- IMMORTALITY
    15.PORCH

ENCORE 1

16.IM SO TIRED
    17.SMALL TOWN
    18.IMAGINE
    19.JUST BREATHE
    20.LUKIN WITH GLEN..
    21.GOOD HOPE (GLEN)
    22.FALLING SLOWLY
    23.THE END
    24.ROCKIN IN THE FREE WORLD
    25.HARD SUN
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    RS65573 said:

I've said it on other posts Dimi said about what I said .well done. periscope is the best grieving i've done.
    Maybe someday they will realize not only did they leave a fortune on the table, because a 4 minute periscope drew 1200 people on a Saturday afternoon, they also keep this beautiful outpouring of love from so many. I'd literally pay more than a ticket to have watched or heard this. 
    But they aren't. We're all here fighting for a minute of it. I got it before. Now it's different. 

I got why eddie wasn't at temple. But it was the wrong call. Because time is long. And live is short...
    2:15 MIN SHOW..THANKS MARCIN FOR THE RELAY AND THANK EVERYONE..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • donravendonraven Posts: 137
    Thanks everyone for this. Even just following along with this has made my weekend.
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
    Love and hugs to all. If someone finds this show on YouTube please post or pm me. Love and hugs to all. 
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    Devastating song...

I'm so tired by Fugazi

Out here
    I can barely see my breath
    Surrounded
    By jealousy and death
    I can't be reached
    I've only had one call
    Dragged underneath
    Seperate from you all

This time
    I've lost my own return
    In spite of
    Everything I've learned
    I hid my tracks
    Spit out all my air
    Slipped into cracks
    Stripped of all my cares

I'm so tired
    Sheep are counting me
    No more struggle
    No more energy
    No more patient
    You can write that down
    It's all too crazy
    I'm not sticking 'round
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

But they aren't. We're all here fighting for a minute of it. I got it before. Now it's different. 

I got why eddie wasn't at temple. But it was the wrong call. Because time is long. And live is short...
    i had a reply, but i don't want to turn this into an argument thread. so i'll just leave it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,496
    <3
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

i had a reply, but i don't want to turn this into an argument thread. so i'll just leave it. 
    I'm sorry. I don't want to argue. I just want to heal with my friends. Feel free to pm me. 
  • GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    RS65573 said:
    This is one show I wish I wouldn't have missed. Very special for all in attendance. 
    Totally but I'm here in New Jersey in My living room and I'm still tearing up so as much as I wanna be at this I don't know how the fuck he's doing it. 
    Oh man me too! Thanks everyone for posting this. Blown away 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    Eddie has done "im so tired" before right? I remember it being tagged to some other song... hmm?

Anyone has Glens setlist?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    Eddie has done "im so tired" before right? I remember it being tagged to some other song... hmm?

Here:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/265110/eddie-vedder-amsterdam-1-fanviews-here-5-27-17#latest

2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma

I don't think so. Or good woman. Dimi?
  • elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    RS65573 said:

He has done Good Woman several times.
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    RS65573 said:

He's done Good Woman a bunch of times. 

Ive definitely heard him tag some song with the "im so tired" before. A Pearl Jam song. Daughter maybe?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Eddie Vedder
    AFAS Live
    Amsterdam, NL
    May 27, 2017
    Set List

Ed Onstage- 8:47
    Ed Offstage 10:55

The Red Limo String Quartet are:
    Sietse van Gorkom-violin
    Camilla van der Kooij-violin
    Rani Kumar-viola
    Jonas Pap-Cello

Before Glen’s set one minute of silence was observed for the victims of the bombing in Manchester, England.

Intro Music: Tuolumne

01. Long Road
    02. Trouble-(Stevens)
    03. Sometimes
    (speaks to audience in Dutch)
    04. Can’t Keep
    05. Sleeping By Myself
    06. Without You
    07. Longing To Belong (with Jonas Pap playing cello)
    08. The Needle and The Damage Done-(Young)
    09. I Am Mine
    10. Light Years
    11. Good Woman-(Marshall)
    12. Far Behind
    13. No Ceiling
    14. Guaranteed
    15. Rise
    16. I’m Open
    17. Better Man
    18. Immortality
    19. Porch

Encore Break One

20. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
    21. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    22. Imagine-(Lennon)

The Red Limo String Quartet comes on stage
    23. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno) String Quartet and Ed vocal. (partial song) Ed adapts the lyrics at the “I, I will be king…” through “We can be Heroes” with some different lyrics and pulls lines from different sections.  It only lasts 1:04 minutes/seconds.
    24. Just Breathe
    25. Lukin
    26. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) {Ed sings main vocal, Glen plays guitar and sings harmony}
    27. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová)-Glen sings main vocal and plays guitar.  Ed sings lead on a verse and harmony vocals)
    28. The End
    The Red Limo String Quartet leaves the stage

29. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
    30. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard

Glen Hansard Set List
    Glen onstage at 7:30

01. Dark Days-(Punch Brothers cover?)
    02. Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting
    03. Winning Streak
    04. When Your Mind’s Made Up
    05. Bird Of Sorrow
    06. Vigilante Man-(Woody Guthrie)
    07. Way Back In The Way Back When
    Fan screams 
    "I LOVE YOU"
    Ed says 
    Thank you. 
    I need it - we all need it. 
    I'm thinking of a lot of people tonight. And some in particular and their families. 
    And I just know that 
    Healing takes time 
    If it ever happens 
    It takes time
    And 
    That means you have to start somewhere 
    So let be be music 
    Let it be love and togetherness 
    And let it be Amsterdam
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    I would love to be able to purchase this boot. 
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    RS65573 said:

If not that, do a best of cd of the tour considering his setlist are pretty much the same whole tour. Few years back I was giving a Ed solo show on cd by a fellow fan who I've known for years and it blew me away at how good his voice truly is. You get a appreciation for the songs when stripped to down to the purest form, it's why I always made it a point to see Cornell solo :(. 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    RS65573 said:

If not that, do a best of cd of the tour considering his setlist are pretty much the same whole tour. Few years back I was giving a Ed solo show on cd by a fellow fan who I've known for years and it blew me away at how good his voice truly is. You get a appreciation for the songs when stripped to down to the purest form, it's why I always made it a point to see Cornell solo :(. 
    I don't see why they can't make this show available for purchase, or a best of album or something, and have the proceeds go to something like Phoenix House or the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation. 
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Eddie Vedder
    AFAS Live
    Amsterdam, NL
    May 27, 2017
    Set List

Sietse van Gorkom-violin
    Rani Kumar-viola
    Jonas Pap-Cello

Before Glen’s set one minute of silence was observed for the victims of the bombing in Manchester, England.

Intro Music: Tuolumne

01. Long Road
    02. Trouble-(Stevens)
    03. Sometimes
    (speaks to audience in Dutch)
    04. Can’t Keep
    05. Sleeping By Myself
    06. Without You
    07. Longing To Belong (with Jonas Pap playing cello)
    08. The Needle and The Damage Done-(Young)
    09. I Am Mine
    10. Light Years
    11. Good Woman-(Marshall)
    12. Far Behind
    13. No Ceiling
    14. Guaranteed
    15. Rise
    16. I’m Open
    17. Better Man
    18. Immortality
    19. Porch

Encore Break One

20. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
    21. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    22. Imagine-(Lennon)

The Red Limo String Quartet comes on stage
    23. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno) String Quartet and Ed vocal. (partial song) Ed adapts the lyrics at the “I, I will be king…” through “We can be Heroes” with some different lyrics and pulls lines from different sections.  It only lasts 1:04 minutes/seconds.
    24. Just Breathe
    25. Lukin
    26. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) {Ed sings main vocal, Glen plays guitar and sings harmony}
    27. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová)-Glen sings main vocal and plays guitar.  Ed sings lead on a verse and harmony vocals)
    28. The End
    The Red Limo String Quartet leaves the stage

29. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
    30. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard

Glen Hansard Set List

03. Winning Streak
    05. Bird Of Sorrow

Eddie Vedder
    AFAS Live
    Amsterdam, NL
    May 27, 2017
    Set List

Sietse van Gorkom-violin
    Rani Kumar-viola
    Jonas Pap-Cello

Intro Music: Tu

Glen Hansard Set List

03. Winning Streak
    05. Bird Of Sorrow
    Wow, Dark Days. That's a song by Fergus O'Farrell, from Interference, an Irish legend who died recently too, at the young age of 48 yr old. 

A voice to rival Chris Cornell's and a close friend of Glen's. A lot of pain at that show tonight for Ed and Glen. Here's Dark Days:

https://youtu.be/Lbw4RlGoFG4

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    RS65573 said:

I don't see why they can't make this show available for purchase, or a best of album or something, and have the proceeds go to something like Phoenix House or the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation. 
    You honestly don't see why? Some of the darkest times and most difficult show possibly ever for Ed and you don't get why maybe he wouldn't want it released? 
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:

I'm sorry. I don't want to argue. I just want to heal with my friends. Feel free to pm me. 
    no need to apologize. i just know that in these high-emotional times, not to mention being the written word and not the spoken one, what i had typed out might be misconstrued or taken not how i intended. that was all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

RS65573 said:

You honestly don't see why? Some of the darkest times and most difficult show possibly ever for Ed and you don't get why maybe he wouldn't want it released? 
    agree. there is a reason he/management put out those stricter 'etiquette' rules. no way this show will ever see the light of day. and it shouldn't. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD