Set List

Ed Onstage- 8:47
Ed Offstage 10:55

The Red Limo String Quartet are:
Sietse van Gorkom-violin
Camilla van der Kooij-violin
Rani Kumar-viola
Jonas Pap-Cello

Before Glen’s set one minute of silence was observed for the victims of the bombing in Manchester, England.

Intro Music: Tuolumne

01. Long Road
02. Trouble-(Stevens)
03. Sometimes
(speaks to audience in Dutch)
04. Can’t Keep
05. Sleeping By Myself
06. Without You
07. Longing To Belong (with Jonas Pap playing cello)
08. The Needle and The Damage Done-(Young)
09. I Am Mine
10. Light Years
11. Good Woman-(Marshall)
12. Far Behind
13. No Ceiling
14. Guaranteed
15. Rise
16. I’m Open
17. Better Man
18. Immortality
19. Porch

Encore Break One

20. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
21. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
22. Imagine-(Lennon)

The Red Limo String Quartet comes on stage
23. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno) String Quartet and Ed vocal. (partial song) Ed adapts the lyrics at the “I, I will be king…” through “We can be Heroes” with some different lyrics and pulls lines from different sections.  It only lasts 1:04 minutes/seconds.
24. Just Breathe
25. Lukin
26. Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) {Ed sings main vocal, Glen plays guitar and sings harmony}
27. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová)-Glen sings main vocal and plays guitar.  Ed sings lead on a verse and harmony vocals)
28. The End
The Red Limo String Quartet leaves the stage

29. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
30. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard

Glen Hansard Set List
Glen onstage at 7:30

01. Dark Days-(Punch Brothers cover?)
02. Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting
03. Winning Streak
04. When Your Mind’s Made Up
05. Bird Of Sorrow
06. Vigilante Man-(Woody Guthrie)
07. Way Back In The Way Back When

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Sorry, I wasn't at the show.  Just wondering if ed brought up Chris Cornell tonight. Can anyone fill me in that was at the show?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Ed singing Song of Good Hope?!?! Holy crap! Light Years solo. Not sure if that's ever happened. 
    Sorry, I wasn't at the show.  Just wondering if ed brought up Chris Cornell tonight. Can anyone fill me in that was at the show?
    I haven't heard. If he didn't between songs, he definitely did with the song selection. 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    Looks like the sort of set you'd love to get your hands on as a boot! Some Ed solo, PJ, covers, duets with Glen. 

Bravo Eddie. Very jealous of Europe friends right now. It's always a great night. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Just listened to "I'm so Tired" by Fugazi... wow, that hit home

https://youtu.be/xcsG4YTApw8
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    unreal...music heals the pain...
    eddie..if i loved u and respoect u once..after tonight full tribute show..with out even say a word ,i love u and respect u thousands of times more

thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    Looks like the sort of set you'd love to get your hands on as a boot! Some Ed solo, PJ, covers, duets with Glen. 
    In what way would that differ from any EV solo show?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    Ed singing Song of Good Hope?!?! Holy crap! Light Years solo. Not sure if that's ever happened. 
    He played it once before in Melbourne in 2011. I'm So Tired, Heroes and Song of Good Hope were all firsts. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    edited May 2017
    Roeland said:
    He played it once before in Melbourne in 2011. I'm So Tired, Heroes and Song of Good Hope were all firsts. 
    Im certain that Eddie has tagged "im so tired" to a Pearl Jam song. Anyone know which one? Cant remember which boot its from.*

EDIT: Or wait, maybe he sang "ive been tired"...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    The show was pretty much entirely about Chris without directly mentioning him. It was clear Eddie couldn't bring himself to talk about it head on. He spoke a little how the healing process can start with music and made numerous references to how sad he was and how much he and his friends were struggling.

Frankly it is the bravest performance I have ever seen. At times it seemed like he was a word or two away from breaking into tears. He mumbled more than usual, he violently stamped into the floor on Immortality and others and after The End I thought he was ready to just walk off and not play anymore.

There were funny moments and he picked up in the second half. You could hear the crowd emotionally gasp when Light Years started.

On the outro to Sometimes he cried out "Where were you, dear God?" It was heart breaking.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,764
    The show was pretty much entirely about Chris without directly mentioning him. It was clear Eddie couldn't bring himself to talk about it head on. He spoke a little how the healing process can start with music and made numerous references to how sad he was and how much he and his friends were struggling.

Frankly it is the bravest performance I have ever seen. At times it seemed like he was a word or two away from breaking into tears. He mumbled more than usual, he violently stamped into the floor on Immortality and others and after The End I thought he was ready to just walk off and not play anymore.

There were funny moments and he picked up in the second half. You could hear the crowd emotionally gasp when Light Years started.

On the outro to Sometimes he cried out "Where were you, dear God?" It was heart breaking.
    Oh wow. So brave. So beautiful. Can we ever love or respect him more?  
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    Wow. What an amazing and emotional show this must have been. I know this would be very unconventional for an Ed solo show, but some sort of instant classic bootleg treatment for this show in the next couple of weeks would be amazing. Some sort of way to watch/hear this show would really help the healing process. 
    RiotZact said:
    Some sort of way to watch/hear this show would really help the healing process. 
    I'm not so sure, man. It's a little selfish to be honest. For all we know, this could have been the most uncomfortable show ever for Ed and I totally get why it shouldn't be released. I wouldn't want to become a display to people when going through one of the hardest times in my life. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Fan screams 
    "I LOVE YOU"
    Ed says 
    Thank you. 
    I need it - we all need it. 
    I'm thinking of a lot of people tonight. And some in particular and their families. 
    And I just know that 
    Healing takes time 
    If it ever happens 
    It takes time
    And 
    That means you have to start somewhere 
    So let be be music 
    Let it be love and togetherness 
    And let it be Amsterdam
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,440
    Very impressive! 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    RiotZact said:
    I'm not so sure, man. It's a little selfish to be honest. For all we know, this could have been the most uncomfortable show ever for Ed and I totally get why it shouldn't be released. I wouldn't want to become a display to people when going through one of the hardest times in my life. 
    Good point, sorry I came off as selfish, didn't intend to be. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    Good point, sorry I came off as selfish, didn't intend to be. 
    No dude, you didn't come across that way. I meant like as a whole for those (me included) who would want this show released. If you're guilty, so am I. All good. 
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,484
    Holy shit is right. I need to hear that asap 
  • pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    edited May 2017
    Wow, I can´t imagine how hard it must have been for him, just so brave.
    And he´s absolutely right, the healing needs to start at some point. Many can say what they want, but they didn´t happen to have a show scheduled the day after the funeral.
    Who are we to judge anyway?.
    He had to make a decision and I´m sure he took this one because it felt right for him, all we can do is support that.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

Thank you for this.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291

If anyone has this show I'd love to hear it.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

Oh wow. So brave. So beautiful. Can we ever love or respect him more?  
    This ^^^
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • There was no doubt that however Ed chose to approach this show in the midst of all the turmoil that he would stay true to himself and all of us. My admiration continues.

The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    edited May 2017

Jesus.
    Post edited by slightofjeff on
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,802
    Wow great job Ed!  Wish I was there to hear this live.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Heavy. Wow. Quite honestly have zero interest in hearing/seeing anything from it though. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 308
    I was here , so beautiful show, so beautiful tribute  ...
    Merci Eddie !!!
    see you next ...
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2019- PAAAAARRRRRIIIIIISSSSSS Hope !
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,576
    my2hands said:
    Just listened to "I'm so Tired" by Fugazi... wow, that hit home

https://youtu.be/xcsG4YTApw8
    Seems like Ed found solace in music through this, just like many of us, by listening and playing. That song really captures a lot of the moment.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,484
    I can't understand how he got through singing Song of Good Hope

so glad Glen is there on this tour with him 
  • sander_jam76sander_jam76 Posts: 111
    Amazing, strong performance by Eddie. With some humour too, including Eddie's reaction to the high pitched girl screaming "Eddieeee!" : "What's your name ? Marie ?" :) Strong stuff all around, and much love in the audience and on stage.
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06