*** EDDIE VEDDER AMSTERDAM 1 SETLIST THREAD ***

123457»

Comments

• Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 568
    edited May 2017
    AS U CAN SEE,,U DONT HAVE TO GO TO FUNERAL..U NO NEED TO GO TO MEDIA AND SAY HOW SORRY U ARE..NO NEED TO WEAR YOUR 10.000 DOLARS BLACK SUIT OR DRESS....U CAN JUST SIT IN A FUCKIN CHAIR AND FUCKIN SING A SONG...BRAVO EDDIE...
    You are right, you don't need to go to the media and say how sorry you are.  You are right, you don't need to wear a $10,000 suit or dress (and quite frankly, I don't even think many "rich" people do that at a funeral).  You are right, you can sit in a fucking chair and fucking sing a song.  But, you CAN and probably SHOULD go to a funeral to show your respects to a friend.  All the media, social media tools, etc. can be garbage, and can cause a lot of damage if used improperly.  None of us know the intimate "details" of anything and it is absolutely none of our business.  However, in most instances, going to a friend's funeral is the right thing to do, so c'mon now, man.  Nobody on this earth walks on water.  Just be a "fan."
    Post edited by Mr. Fixer on
  • doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,496
    edited May 2017
    Looks like someone (social media) has attributed dimis post to eddie. As a direct quote. 
    Post edited by doompony on
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    /\ For someone saying not to judge because we don't know the details....you're doing a lot of judging and jumping to conclusions (mat).
  • Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 568
    edited May 2017
    /\ For someone saying not to judge because we don't know the details....you're doing a lot of judging and jumping to conclusions (mat).
    I didn't say "always," I said in "most instances."  And quite frankly, I don't care if it was a "direct quote," or a "fan post" to EV.  Furthermore, I am not "jumping to conclusions"  because no matter who, to whom, how, etc. it was said, it is just plain silly.  Additionally, too many people on here act like they know the guy, are his best friend, take things much further than they need to go, and agree with EVERYTHING.  Like I said, just be a "fan" and enjoy his music.  I have enjoyed it for over 25 years, it is pretty damn good.  Actually, there is no better and EV is my favorite lead singer of all time and PJ is my favorite band of all time.  All I am saying is in "most instances" it is the right thing to do unless that person did something to really hurt you personally.  I don't thing that is such a wrong thing to say.  My word. "Knibb High football rules!"
    Post edited by Mr. Fixer on
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    doompony said:
    Looks like someone (social media) has attributed dimis post to eddie. As a direct quote. 
    I was afraid that would happen, actually. At no fault of D. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Mr. Fixer said:
    I didn't say "always," I said in "most instances."  And quite frankly, I don't care if it was a "direct quote," or a "fan post" to EV.  Furthermore, I am not "jumping to conclusions"  because no matter who, to whom, how, etc. it was said, it is just plain silly.  Additionally, too many people on here act like they know the guy, are his best friend, take things much further than they need to go, and agree with EVERYTHING.  Like I said, just be a "fan" and enjoy his music.  I have enjoyed it for over 25 years, it is pretty damn good.  Actually, there is no better and EV is my favorite lead singer of all time and PJ is my favorite band of all time.  All I am saying is in "most instances" it is the right thing to do unless that person did something to really hurt you personally.  I don't thing that is such a wrong thing to say.  My word. "Knibb High football rules!"
    everyone walks their own journey. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,496
    Nah we love Dimi! Just reddit, but then I saw it again on twitter. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    doompony said:
    when i originally read his post, i thought for a minute he was quoting ed, actually. i then realized it was his own words, so i get it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    RS65573 said:
    Marco you just made a lot of people very happy.

I've said it on other posts Dimi said about what I said .well done. periscope is the best grieving i've done.
    Maybe someday they will realize not only did they leave a fortune on the table, because a 4 minute periscope drew 1200 people on a Saturday afternoon, they also keep this beautiful outpouring of love from so many. I'd literally pay more than a ticket to have watched or heard this. 
    If not that, do a best of cd of the tour considering his setlist are pretty much the same whole tour. Few years back I was giving a Ed solo show on cd by a fellow fan who I've known for years and it blew me away at how good his voice truly is. You get a appreciation for the songs when stripped to down to the purest form, it's why I always made it a point to see Cornell solo :(. 
    I don't see why they can't make this show available for purchase, or a best of album or something, and have the proceeds go to something like Phoenix House or the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation. 
    You honestly don't see why? Some of the darkest times and most difficult show possibly ever for Ed and you don't get why maybe he wouldn't want it released? 
    agree. there is a reason he/management put out those stricter 'etiquette' rules. no way this show will ever see the light of day. and it shouldn't. 
    Agreed, but I wouldn't mind a best of for this tour 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    doompony said:
    wow..thats crazy.that .was my comment for all those blame eddie and gossiping where is he at the funeral..its my opinion..wtf..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    AS U CAN SEE,,U DONT HAVE TO GO TO FUNERAL..U NO NEED TO GO TO MEDIA AND SAY HOW SORRY U ARE..NO NEED TO WEAR YOUR 10.000 DOLARS BLACK SUIT OR DRESS....U CAN JUST SIT IN A FUCKIN CHAIR AND FUCKIN SING A SONG...BRAVO EDDIE...

I agree with you. The time we live in is a crazy, narcissistic time where appearance, image, "likes" and followers is everything to way too many people. True grief is not always what you see on the surface or what it´s "supposed" to look like. True respect isn´t always some "crying instagram selfie". What we probably need more is to connect with ourselves and our own feelings and do what we feel is right. FOR OURSELVES.
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    edited May 2017
    I have a question concerning the merch stand. What time did it open last saturday? And was it outside the venue?

I'm going tomorrow and tuesday, and I want to be certain that I score a decent poster.

Cheers
    Post edited by no code on
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • Anyone know the song this was said around?
    Fan screams 
    "I LOVE YOU"
    Ed says 
    Thank you. 
    I need it - we all need it. 
    I'm thinking of a lot of people tonight. And some in particular and their families. 
    And I just know that 
    Healing takes time 
    If it ever happens 
    It takes time
    And 
    That means you have to start somewhere 
    So let be be music 
    Let it be love and togetherness 
    And let it be in Amsterdam.