Juliana Hatfield

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
The lady rocks! From Blake Babies, Some Girls, The Lemonheads, The I Don't Cares.

Check out the song "Short Fingered Man" from her new album, Pussycat

"Hate your job, love your stuff
If you think that's living, you are
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
-Juliana Hatfield
***********
M.I.T.S.







Comments

  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    Juliana and Paul Westerberg (AKA The I Don't Cares) sounding great together:




    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 14,153
    I love Juliana Hatfield. I used to put my hair in pigtails and cover a few of her songs back when I played open mic nights and the like. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    dankind said:
    I love Juliana Hatfield. I used to put my hair in pigtails and cover a few of her songs back when I played open mic nights and the like. 
    Excellent!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 14,153
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    I love Juliana Hatfield. I used to put my hair in pigtails and cover a few of her songs back when I played open mic nights and the like. 
    Excellent!
    It was jokey, but it did come from a true love of her songwriting and musicianship. The Juliana Hatfield Three's Become What You Are is as essential as Ten
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 25,192
    dankind said:
    I love Juliana Hatfield. I used to put my hair in pigtails and cover a few of her songs back when I played open mic nights and the like. 

    thanks for the mental image.

    fuck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 14,153
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:
    I love Juliana Hatfield. I used to put my hair in pigtails and cover a few of her songs back when I played open mic nights and the like. 

    thanks for the mental image.

    fuck.
    DanActive. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    I love Juliana Hatfield. I used to put my hair in pigtails and cover a few of her songs back when I played open mic nights and the like. 
    Excellent!
    It was jokey, but it did come from a true love of her songwriting and musicianship. The Juliana Hatfield Three's Become What You Are is as essential as Ten
    Oh dang!  And here I was hoping for at least a few snap shots! 
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 14,153
    My generation lived in the moment, Brian. We weren't taking pictures of everything.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    dankind said:
    My generation lived in the moment, Brian. We weren't taking pictures of everything.
    And a good way to live it is.  I'm thinking this morning about how making each one count is hugely important.
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 618
    the timing was odd given all her recent output (jh3 reunion, blake babies reunion, i don't cares, minor alps) but she really made it sound like the new album was unexpected. said she thought she was done recording and had already said everything she had to say. glad she was wrong. I'm definitely hoping for more I don't cares, as well as solo records. paul made a 2nd idc record sound probable in that interview he did with peter wolf. and the mats' drummer josh posted hints on insta that another might be forthcoming. that was last year, though. we'll see...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    spnoone said:
    the timing was odd given all her recent output (jh3 reunion, blake babies reunion, i don't cares, minor alps) but she really made it sound like the new album was unexpected. said she thought she was done recording and had already said everything she had to say. glad she was wrong. I'm definitely hoping for more I don't cares, as well as solo records. paul made a 2nd idc record sound probable in that interview he did with peter wolf. and the mats' drummer josh posted hints on insta that another might be forthcoming. that was last year, though. we'll see...
    That great hopeful news.  I would love another IDC record!  Always happy to hear anything Paul or Juliana put out, together or separately!
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    So stoked to see this reissue coming out on vinyl!!  Limited issue, less than a month to pre-order!




    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    I meant to update this several days ago.  This record is KILLER on the vinyl reissued by  Runout Groove Vinyl.  A few days after it arrived, I ran across the used CD version.  Even the CD sounds great but the vinyl is so damn good!  Great song writing (Juliana), great guitar playing (Juliana), if your like me and have acquired a taste for her voice, great singing, (Juliana)! 


    A couple of my several favorites:







    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,295
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.







Sign In or Register to comment.