2017 Ten Club Mystery Box

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Sarava said:

mace1229 said:

I plunged first time myself. Got a buddy who is very skeptical of this and the raffles over on Facebook. Thinks they are rigged. Want to prove him wrong. 10 club FTW

They are rigged. Look for the mystery vinyl thread and see who got the Benny. It was not a coincidence.
    Been a member 20 years, but only started reading the forums during the election when the comments were addicting and people were getting banned. Pretty entertaining and addicting. So even if I did find who got them, it wouldn't mean anything to me.
    Could you explain how it was rigged?
    The lady who spammed the forums for years for a Benny re-issue got a Benny in the mystery vinyl. Most of us just shrugged and were happy for her. That was one of my favorite parts of that sale, seeing how happy she was.
    Now thats a far better way of looking at it, rigged or not, i couldnt care less, she was so thrilled it was absolutely worth it.

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I wouldn't call it "spamming the forums"
    Either way it was a cool gesture.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited April 2017
    pdalowsky said:

Sarava said:

mace1229 said:

I plunged first time myself. Got a buddy who is very skeptical of this and the raffles over on Facebook. Thinks they are rigged. Want to prove him wrong. 10 club FTW

They are rigged. Look for the mystery vinyl thread and see who got the Benny. It was not a coincidence.
    Been a member 20 years, but only started reading the forums during the election when the comments were addicting and people were getting banned. Pretty entertaining and addicting. So even if I did find who got them, it wouldn't mean anything to me.
    The lady who spammed the forums for years for a Benny re-issue got a Benny in the mystery vinyl. Most of us just shrugged and were happy for her. That was one of my favorite parts of that sale, seeing how happy she was.
    Now thats a far better way of looking at it, rigged or not, i couldnt care less, she was so thrilled it was absolutely worth it.

Oh that is really cool!

(I see it as them not being rigged, but them noticing she bought one and they slipped a benny in there for her)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2017

I see three 10 shirts (in red, white and blue). Where are these from? They look pretty sweet but I may have passed because they are from shows I did not attend? I cannot remember.

They were being sold when I joined here, like somwhere between 03-05. If Im not mistaken.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bigdeathbigdeath Chicago Posts: 80
    Very excited for this. Finally caved after two days of deliberating on whether to purchase one or not. Went to bed last night saying if they have not sold out by the morning, it is a sign that I have to buy one. Woke up and it was available, so I had to pull the trigger. Fingers crossed for some cool gear.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    edited April 2017
    I want to buy another for my daughters sizing... Women's Small/Med. I have read elsewhere that women's sizing is off.
    Can anyone elaborate?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Sarava said:

mace1229 said:

I am officially beginning my spamming to request Pearl Jam play my birthday party.
    You are all invited, of course.
    being a bit nervous this will end up in swedish customs and stuff... when is the deadline for cancelling an order?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Jbarker said:

I want to buy another for my daughters sizing... Women's Small/Med. I have read elsewhere that women's sizing is off.
    Can anyone elaborate?

Some woman's sizes are like Junior sizes. Not everything but some are.
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Sorry is the fool who trades his cash for a mystery box
    Thinks he'll get the "catch", he'll only get the Ames monster
    What's missing? He's living a day he'll soon forget

That's one more time around,... the sun is going down
    The moon is out, but he's drunk and shouting,
    Putting people down...he's pissing,.. he's living...
    A day he'll soon forget
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• CreedDiseaseCreedDisease Posts: 241
    edited April 2017

If they are rigged, I sure would love a Calgary variant with the hockey mask Santos! :blush::hang_loose:
    Post edited by CreedDisease on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379

If they are rigged, I sure would love a Calgary variant with the hockey mask Santos! :blush::hang_loose:
    Pretty sure someone was just selling one of those on lost dogs and for a lot less than $100.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Hoping for a nice poster to frame, and a couple articles of clothing that I would actually wear
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    I was trying so hard to resist. Really. I was. I kept thinking it would sell out and the temptation would be gone and I'd have to sit and wrestle with my relief of not spending the money and my sadness at missing out on all the trading fun. Then I opened this thread. Then I told hubby about it. Then he said...happy Mother's Day. :smiley:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • I was trying so hard to resist. Really. I was. I kept thinking it would sell out and the temptation would be gone and I'd have to sit and wrestle with my relief of not spending the money and my sadness at missing out on all the trading fun. Then I opened this thread. Then I told hubby about it. Then he said...happy Mother's Day. :smiley:

Love it!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748

pdalowsky said:

Sarava said:

mace1229 said:

Oh that is really cool!

(I see it as them not being rigged, but them noticing she bought one and they slipped a benny in there for her)

I think they said between 5-10 Bennys. Obviously, not everyone who bought a mystery vinyl made their items known. Was it fully rigged all the way through? No.

However, I wouldn't be surprised *if* they keep track of what people buy via 10C shop and "rig" the mystery items that way. I've never got a duplicate. The only time I did... I bought a 1993 single off eBay and then got one of the uncensored test pressings from a mystery box. The rumor was that those mystery vinyls where Leeze got her Benny were sent out geographically. A lot of the Midwest got a lot of side project stuff. It seems like the northwest USA got a lot of the PJ20s..

I bought two mystery posters. One regular, one "scratch and dent." Neither one was a duplicate.

Now...remember how they said that people who won tickets to the Fenway House of Blues event and didn't show up would have their accounts marked in a negative fashion? Hmmm...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Speaking of things, for those wondering 10C is unable to combine shipping from multiple orders into one box. If you bought two or three, you're getting that many boxes with that many shipping charges.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • I was trying so hard to resist. Really. I was. I kept thinking it would sell out and the temptation would be gone and I'd have to sit and wrestle with my relief of not spending the money and my sadness at missing out on all the trading fun. Then I opened this thread. Then I told hubby about it. Then he said...happy Mother's Day. :smiley:

Wow, very happy for you, Jen! What a sweet thing for your hubby to do!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    I would really appreciate a Wrigley cracker jack!! :)
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    teskeinc said:

Sorry is the fool who trades his cash for a mystery box
    Thinks he'll get the "catch", he'll only get the Ames monster
    What's missing? He's living a day he'll soon forget

That's one more time around,... the sun is going down
    The moon is out, but he's drunk and shouting,
    Putting people down...he's pissing,.. he's living...
    A day he'll soon forget

the sadness is that this song will get kick out in round one!
    items of art that dont sell are now yours......
    time for more vinyl 10C! music is key
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765

I was trying so hard to resist. Really. I was. I kept thinking it would sell out and the temptation would be gone and I'd have to sit and wrestle with my relief of not spending the money and my sadness at missing out on all the trading fun. Then I opened this thread. Then I told hubby about it. Then he said...happy Mother's Day. :smiley:

Love it!
    Me too!

Wow, very happy for you, Jen! What a sweet thing for your hubby to do!
    Yes! I'm pretty excited now! It's so much fun to open that box! Hope we all get something awesome!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • deweildeweil Posts: 245
    Man, I'm keeping my expectations even-keeled. My wishlist - a Kong (the show that reignited my PJ passion), a MIA (any variant)...a hoodie would be cool...no repeat tshirts (halloween, tours)...
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    What I am hoping for as far as a poster goes I don't think even exists. 9/24/96 at Merriweather Post Pavilion in MD. I got to venue early and saw a few of these mermaidesque posters but didn't bite. It has alluded me ever since and has been my "white whale". I hear majority of these got destroyed as band didn't approve the design. Perhaps there are a couple laying around the 10C office to be placed in mystery boxes........
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Dear Ten Club, please put a tour announcement or new album announcement in my mystery box! Thank you! ;)

pdalowsky said:

Sarava said:

mace1229 said:

Oh that is really cool!

I think they said between 5-10 Bennys. Obviously, not everyone who bought a mystery vinyl made their items known. Was it fully rigged all the way through? No.

However, I wouldn't be surprised *if* they keep track of what people buy via 10C shop and "rig" the mystery items that way. I've never got a duplicate. The only time I did... I bought a 1993 single off eBay and then got one of the uncensored test pressings from a mystery box. The rumor was that those mystery vinyls where Leeze got her Benny were sent out geographically. A lot of the Midwest got a lot of side project stuff. It seems like the northwest USA got a lot of the PJ20s..

I bought two mystery posters. One regular, one "scratch and dent." Neither one was a duplicate.

Now...remember how they said that people who won tickets to the Fenway House of Blues event and didn't show up would have their accounts marked in a negative fashion? Hmmm...
    What thing at Fenway HoB and why would people not show up?
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    I hoping for Amsterdam 96 poster.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Just made the purchase. Hopefully to get something good but will dread the import charges
    Kearnsy
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Any 98 poster will do
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Most of the sizes still available. Figured we'd see more sell out by now.

I'd love a to get a Cracker Jack in mine but I know that's a long shot.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Hoping for Fenway 2 set list shirts for my son and me since we couldn't stick around Monday.

There would seem to be a few left over as I'm sure most were in the same situation.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.