Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    mace1229 said:

One reason I believe they never visited is just the physics behind it. Most stars within our galaxy are hundreds if not thousands of light years away. So even if they hopped into the Millennium Falcum it would take lifetimes to travel here.
    So I would have to believe they have either created a way to travel faster than what is even to believe to be possible making the speed of light seem slow (realizing our fastest speed record is just a very tiny fraction of the speed of light) or their lifespan is so long that they don't mind spending thousands of years in travel (assuming they are still going at light speed)
    And they have managed to do all that, visit and leave no trace, our let our CIA outsmart them in a coverup.

Or....they just never visited. Which seems more plausible?

We try for space travels for 50-60 years???..what if THEY try for millins years??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

mace1229 said:

One reason I believe they never visited is just the physics behind it. Most stars within our galaxy are hundreds if not thousands of light years away. So even if they hopped into the Millennium Falcum it would take lifetimes to travel here.
    So I would have to believe they have either created a way to travel faster than what is even to believe to be possible making the speed of light seem slow (realizing our fastest speed record is just a very tiny fraction of the speed of light) or their lifespan is so long that they don't mind spending thousands of years in travel (assuming they are still going at light speed)
    And they have managed to do all that, visit and leave no trace, our let our CIA outsmart them in a coverup.

We try for space travels for 50-60 years???..what if THEY try for millins years??..
    We can't detect any signals from them or detect them...Until they enter our atmosphere and then they are just hovering around in brightly lit Skybuses? Doesn't make sense.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    The same old story..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

mace1229 said:

Even if they have tried for millions, doesn't change the fact that they'd have to travel at a speed that lakes light travel appear slow to even make it possible. And since light is accepted as the fastest physically possible speed for matter, just doesn't seem possible or likely.
    ^^We need to tavel with the speed of light..maybe they don't..there are alt ways to travel, like wormholes or antigravity..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited March 2017
    Yes
    Definitely possible there could be other ways to travel, or faster ways than we can't even conceive. So given the off chance of super-light speed or wormholes, even if those obstacles are overcome, I still believe the odds are small that even if there is other intelligent life and they can travel across galaxies that they would even find us among the billions of stars out there.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

^^We need to tavel with the speed of light..maybe they don't..there are alt ways to travel, like wormholes or antigravity..

All of which would be highly detectable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Another non proof..

http://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/ufo-government10.htm
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    my2hands said:

The vastness of the universe is absolutely awe inspiring and impossible to even fathom

And at the end of the universe... what is there? If it even ends, can we actually conceptualize an infinite universe with no boundary?

Wow

Yeah, people tend to have trouble with the concept of infinity. Something with no start and no end.... hard to conceive for sure, but definitely not impossible. I personally love the idea of an infinite space, even though it's kind of scary.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    No
    Nope. UFO's are grouped in with haunted houses. The fact is is that we are alone and the human mind makes up the hypothetical,so that life isn't as mundane as what it is. But that's just my opinion,believe what you will as will I.
    joseph33 said:

Nope. UFO's are grouped in with haunted houses. The fact is is that we are alone and the human mind makes up the hypothetical,so that life isn't as mundane as what it is. But that's just my opinion,believe what you will as will I.

UFOs aren't the same as the existence of alien life though, and haunted houses aren't really comparable to the nature of the universe. I'm not trying to convince you, I'm just saying that your comparison doesn't really work unless you really are limiting your comment to "UFOs" as opposed to alien life existing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Yes
    joseph33 said:

Wouldn't technically a secret foreign spy plane be a UFO?
    edited March 2017
    mace1229 said:

joseph33 said:

Wouldn't technically a secret foreign spy plane be a UFO?
    Well, yeah, but in the context of this thread I think we all understand what he means.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited April 2017
    No
    What if there is a parallel dimension that you get a peek into sometimes?
    (Who knows when or why) But they aren't alliens from outer space, but actual beings right here next to you in a different dimension. Hmmmm?
    Post edited by RYME on
    RYME said:

What if there is a parallel dimension that you get a peek into sometimes?
    (Who knows when or why) But they aren't alliens from outer space, but actual beings right here next to you in a different dimension. Hmmmm?

The scientist are talking for 10 dimensions..can you imagine??

http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/what-did-ancients-see-unidentified-flying-objects-made-impact-early-history-021327?nopaging=1
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    mace1229 said:

this. if they have the technology to travel here, there's no way our feeble human governments would be able to hide it.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    or they live on a planet that orbits the sun directly across from earth so we never see it and don't know it's there. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited May 2017
    Maybe they have learned how to use worm holes to travel or something. We really can't assume anything about some distant alien life form and what kind of science they are dealing with. It's entirely possible that what's normal to them in completely inconceivable to us. Or that they have billions of years on us, and understand the physics of space in a way we can't even imagine. Humans are forced to apply human knowledge and theories to alien life, but I don't know if that is reasonable in the slightest. We might be extremely primitive lifeforms compared to other lifeforms in the universe, considering how young the Earth is in universe terms.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe they have learned how to use worm holes to travel or something. We really can't assume anything about some distance alien life form and what kind of science they are dealing with. It's entirely possible that what's normal to them in completely inconceivable to us. Or that they have billions of years on us, and understand the physics of space in a way we can't even imagine. Humans are forced to apply human knowledge and theories to alien life, but I don't know if that is reasonable in the slightest. We might be extremely primitive lifeforms compared to other lifeforms in the universe, considering how young the Earth is in universe terms.
    absolutely, 100%.

one aspect of aliens as humans see them that has always been funny to me, is the assumption by humans that they look like us. two legs, two arms, head, just smaller bodies and bigger eyes, etc. it is totally conceivable to me that we can't even fucking see them, our eyes can't understand that we are looking at something that is right there. there are many things we know that we can't see with the naked human eye, it's entirely plausible that other living things are one of those things. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe they have learned how to use worm holes to travel or something. We really can't assume anything about some distance alien life form and what kind of science they are dealing with. It's entirely possible that what's normal to them in completely inconceivable to us. Or that they have billions of years on us, and understand the physics of space in a way we can't even imagine. Humans are forced to apply human knowledge and theories to alien life, but I don't know if that is reasonable in the slightest. We might be extremely primitive lifeforms compared to other lifeforms in the universe, considering how young the Earth is in universe terms.
    absolutely, 100%.

one aspect of aliens as humans see them that has always been funny to me, is the assumption by humans that they look like us. two legs, two arms, head, just smaller bodies and bigger eyes, etc. it is totally conceivable to me that we can't even fucking see them, our eyes can't understand that we are looking at something that is right there. there are many things we know that we can't see with the naked human eye, it's entirely plausible that other living things are one of those things. 
    Jackpot!

Just in terms of dimensions, it is very possible that alien life could be 4-dimensional (or even more) beings.  We, as humans, have no way of knowing what a 4th physical dimension may look like.  We often accept the 4th dimension as "time" but this may not even be true.  We can hypothesize, but as 3-dimensionl beings, we will never truly know. 
    Think about a 2-dimension object - a square, for instance.  If a 3-dimensional cube were to pass through that square, the square would not be able to interpret the cube's 3rd dimension.  It would only ever be able to tell the 2-dimensions intersecting with it.  Same as a 1-dimensional line would not be able to interpet the square if the square intersected it, and a ought-dimensional point would not be able to determine the line.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited May 2017
    Just came upon this story - I'd never heard about it before, but it is supposedly a famous one. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/falcon-lake-incident-book-anniversary-1.4121639

FWIW, my sister, brother in law, and some of their friends were out on a boat in a lake near Winnipeg maybe 5 years ago, and they very uncharacteristically said they all saw a UFO. My sister and especially my bro-in-law who is almost painfully logical and level-headed, are not people to believe in such a thing or humour a fantasy, but they definitely couldn't explain what they saw and it wasn't the kind of sighting that could have been swamp gas or whateverthefuck. They were all totally stunned and freaked out, apparently.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    ^^very interesting..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Don't forget the former Canadian Minister of Defense, Paul Hellyer, that's states matter of factly that aliens exist, have visited earth, are here currently, and that it is actively being covered up by governments 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3051151/Governments-HIDING-aliens-claims-former-defence-minister-Paul-Hellyer-urges-world-leaders-reveal-secret-files.html