EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    cv658133 said:

Wowwww Ed charging fans more than G n R

More than PJ..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    just_one said:

Spags said:

Was 100% in..saw the ticket price...I'm out.

what price would you pay?
    between 45-60€ is the right price
    when u saw pj last time at this price?
    not at festival..
    cos oslo was 152 dollars per ticket 3 years ago..italy was 100 per ticket
    add now that are small venues eddie plays and not 50k stadium..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    I can't believe those prices. I just can't believe it's £120 a ticket for Amsterdam for a solo act small venue gig. £100 a ticket for London.

It's not worth it out of principle for me. Maybe I'll cave and just afford one London date but still, what a sour taste. What a conflict that is with the feeling and vibe of the previous EV shows I've been to.

There are other ways... No way does an artist in EV's position have to be charging that much.
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345

ISO any new EV lighters/zippos for anyone going...will buy you one too :)

Ha, I was thinking the same.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Plankton said:

I can't believe those prices. I just can't believe it's £120 a ticket for Amsterdam for a solo act small venue gig. £100 a ticket for London.

It's not worth it out of principle for me. Maybe I'll cave and just afford one London date but still, what a sour taste. What a conflict that is with the feeling and vibe of the previous EV shows I've been to.

There are other ways... No way does an artist in EV's position have to be charging that much.

So you want the scalpers to make all the money?
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Id be willing to bet the increase price is partially due to beefed up security
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I need a PJ tour!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Wow. That last night of the tour is going to be something special.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Plankton said:

promoter sets the prices,not the artist,,artist has a fee,.promoters want to make money
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Plankton said:

I'm with u bootlegger. It doesn't seem a popular stance. But if he charged $75 a ticket, they would b on StubHub for $200 a piece and selling out. Ed is taking his piece. He could list them for even more than then they are and they would sell.
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    edited March 2017

just_one said:

Spags said:

when u saw pj last time at this price?
    not at festival..
    cos oslo was 152 dollars per ticket 3 years ago..italy was 100 per ticket
    add now that are small venues eddie plays and not 50k stadium..
    Milan 2014 was 60€.

From the 6 shows i saw in europe in 2014 the most expensive was Berlin @ 74€.

The Oslo tickets were a wedding gift so i dont know who much they were but if my memory serves me right this is what we paid(our honeymoon was seeing PJ around Europe) :

Amsterdam 55€ each night
    Milan 60€
    Vienna 50€
    Berlin 74€
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Id be willing to bet the increase price is partially due to beefed up security

Why would the security be beefed up?
    We are in exactly the same climate as we were 5 years ago.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Plankton said:

Exactly. There's a balance between an artist setting prices low enough for fans, and high enough not to leave a bunch of money on the table that then ultimately goes to scalpers. People certainly have a right to voice their displeasure with ticket prices - that's called consumer feedback. But ultimately, vote with your dollars or euros. If you don't like the price, don't pay. I know I wouldn't cough up that kind of money to see a dude playing a ukulele, but I don't begrudge an artist for setting market rates. To those going, enjoy the shows!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    any fellow Irish pj fan?

I would imagine security is being beefed up following the Paris/Eagles of Death Metal attack.

BS BS BS.

Get a different promoter if they are setting these prices. Dave Matthews is playing the same London venue. £60 for top price tickets. How is EV charging £100? He didn't last time. Other acts listed at the same venue are all 40-60quid.

So disappointing.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    JimmyV said:

I would imagine security is being beefed up following the Paris/Eagles of Death Metal attack.
    I would certainly expect it to be as a concert goer.

Plankton said:

Come on. Scalpers will still go to town on these shows. You think high ticket prices is away of stopping ticket scalping? Let's not get into a bigger issue of ticket companies actively supporting scalping all the time and how to stop that... Irrelevant to this issue.

Other big acts at the same venues aren't charging this much. This is being scalped directly with no chance of getting a fair price in the first place!
  • kevtickevtic Posts: 133

just_one said:

Spags said:

Why is that the right price when he could sell the venue out at 150€? This is a philosophical discussion at the end of the day. Is Eddie required to sell based on the net worth of his fans? What if a lot of the fans who are angry about the high ticket prices regular drop 40-60€ every weekend on drinks and dinner? Is Ed supposed to keep his tickets prices lower because they don't prioritize their budget like other fans?

Not arguing, but I think people need to wake up and realize it is 2017 and plenty of people can afford a 120€ concert ticket without giving it much thought. And when the tickets sell for $200€ in the secondary markets you can't fault Ed for wanting his fair share.

I guess this depends does Eddie just want rich fans at his gigs? that smacks of elitism. In a country where millions of people are living in poverty and few have seen any kind of wage rise in many years the concert industry tries to squeeze the golden goose for as much as it can. Eddie could have decided not to be a part of that but sadly he didn't. It's not as if he's short of a few £s or $s and he has the right to charge what he likes. Still doesn't make it right.

Good luck to everyone who is happy to pay this price sadly buying tickets at these kind of prices only adds to the problem for a lot of music goers who are being priced out of going to see music.

wow..taormina .must be the epic of the epic venue ever eddie played..i mean.....
    view at night....and u can see the etna volcano!!!!!!

Yeah, I would certainly pay $200 to be at that venue. What a bunch of whining. Go to the comedy club or see the next up and coming band at a hole in the wall bar if you want your entertainment for free.
    i hear yeah..i paid 304$ for pair to see pj in oslo at football stadium..this type of venue in taormina is once in a life time thing..
    now if want to go to alot of eddie solo shows..well,will be too expensive..but 1 is good..228$ for a pair at this view..just fuckin epic
  • JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I go to a lot of football (soccer) matches and concerts in London and i've noticed zero difference in security at either since Paris.
    I can't imagine thats the reason the ticket price has gone up.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2

wow..taormina .must be the epic of the epic venue ever eddie played..i mean.....
    view at night....and u can see the etna volcano!!!!!!

Yeah, I would certainly pay $200 to be at that venue. What a bunch of whining. Go to the comedy club or see the next up and coming band at a hole in the wall bar if you want your entertainment for free.
    i hear yeah..i paid 304$ for pair to see pj in oslo at football stadium..this type of venue in taormina is once in a life time thing..
    now if want to go to alot of eddie solo shows..well,will be too expensive..but 1 is good..228$ for a pair at this view..just fuckin epic
    I am blown away by these pictures. On a clear night would any venue be better? Wow. Just wow.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    I guess looking back EV tickets were more expensive than PJ tix. Perhaps its the venues. My 2011 tix were $80.00 each in the US.
    Given inflation, exchange rate, and the higher prices in Europe generally, I guess the tix are priced appropriately even though it seems high.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    edited March 2017

Plankton said:

promoter sets the prices,not the artist,,artist has a fee,.promoters want to make money
    Then obviously ed has raised his fee significantly since his last tour. Promoters set their prices based on the artists fees!
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16

Plankton said:

Then obviously ed has raised his fee significantly since his last tour.
    It's rather naive if you think Eddie has no say in the final ticket price. I know some people think he can do no wrong but he's scored a massive own goal here going by comments on here and elsewhere.
    Plankton said:

Plankton said:

Come on. Scalpers will still go to town on these shows. You think high ticket prices is away of stopping ticket scalping? Let's not get into a bigger issue of ticket companies actively supporting scalping all the time and how to stop that... Irrelevant to this issue.

Other big acts at the same venues aren't charging this much. This is being scalped directly with no chance of getting a fair price in the first place!
    Artists can actively stop the scalpers, if they really want to, but sadly most are happy to get their kickback from the legalised touting sites.
    I don't think he can do no wrong but I also think every one of these tickets is going to sell out at the price listed. I just don't fault him for getting what he can get when he can get it. That is how most everyone of us approaches our finances and careers.

JimmyV said:

I don't think he can do no wrong but I also think every one of these tickets is going to sell out at the price listed. I just don't fault him for getting what he can get when he can get it. That is how most everyone of us approaches our finances and careers.

Commonly known as greed.

The majority of us aren't in a position to sell our services to 1000s of people at the same time. Yes you can try and get a better job but it doesn't compare to selling a ticket for a gig.
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    I'm hoping for pop-up store before the tour in Amsterdam
    kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

Commonly known as greed.

The majority of us aren't in a position to sell our services to 1000s of people at the same time. Yes you can try and get a better job but it doesn't compare to selling a ticket for a gig.
    Commonly known as a hypocritical double standard.