Richard Spencer

vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
So apparently someone punched this guy in the face during an interview. i'll be looking for more details, but at first glance, it doesn't look good. let's not empower the gun crazies any more than they are. please. also, its not nice to punch people.

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Total sucker punch...not cool.

But I liked it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    vaggar99 said:

So apparently someone punched this guy in the face during an interview. i'll be looking for more details, but at first glance, it doesn't look good. let's not empower the gun crazies any more than they are. please. also, its not nice to punch people.

I agree violence certainly isn't the answer. I've been reading horrible comments about the white dress Melania wore at the inauguration ball. Some were justifying by saying they did it to *Michelle*, that is so ridiculous. It's just makes one no better than the other side. Melania looked great to me, in any dress she would look elegant. If she came out there nekid she would look good, wait did that make any sense? :blush:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Punching Nazis is always a good thing. Keep doing it.
    There is nothing to see here.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    edited January 2017
    How is it ok? I don't think he has ever condoned or committed violence against a snowflake, has he?
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • I saw it. Kind of a poor man's 'Inglorious Bastards'.

I liked it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    vaggar99 said:

How is it ok? I don't think he has ever condoned or committed violence against a snowflake, has he?

he published an article arguing for the elimination of "the black race". I don't condone violence, but I can see why someone would do it to a guy like him.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303

"He did NAZI that coming." -said someone on the internet
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The internet is buzzing with the question, "is it ok to punch a Nazi"?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

I think it is.

I saw one good tweet. It went something like this: Guys... when we punch Nazis... we become just like them. Wait... I just checked... no, no we don't.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited January 2017
    Spencer did Nazi that punch coming

get it?

shit...beat me to it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    very interesting discussion. how is violence going to stop/slow him and his movement?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

I think it is.

I saw one good tweet. It went something like this: Guys... when we punch Nazis... we become just like them. Wait... I just checked... no, no we don't.
    I tend to agree. I have punched and been punched and it is not usually a huge deal, though it can be.

I was pretty miffed at the Trumpbillies sucker-punching peaceful protesters, so I am a little hesitant to accept it, even for a Nazi.
    If dude said, "hey you fucking Nazi, put your fucking dukes up!" and then proceeded to bash him up, I would not just condone, but celebrate it!

I am generally against violence, but simple fistfights don't bother me too much.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'd like both of those people and those they represent sentenced to Dinosaur Island.
  • vaggar99 said:

very interesting discussion. how is violence going to stop/slow him and his movement?

Probably won't, but it will make us feel good.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I think it is.

I tend to agree. I have punched and been punched and it is not usually a huge deal, though it can be.

I was pretty miffed at the Trumpbillies sucker-punching peaceful protesters, so I am a little hesitant to accept it, even for a Nazi.
    If dude said, "hey you fucking Nazi, put your fucking dukes up!" and then proceeded to bash him up, I would not just condone, but celebrate it!

I am generally against violence, but simple fistfights don't bother me too much.
    This is where I am. I'm not sad a Nazi got punched. But I'm not sure this will do anything except rally the nazis. And I also think sucker punching is a p*ssie move. If you want to punch someone, at least have balls enough to confront them. Hopefully Spencer got a black eye, and hopefully the p*ssie who sucker punched him will be caught and cited.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    He deserves worse than that. I will celebrate when those like him and Cheney kick the bucket.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I'm all for Nazis getting punched
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

I'm all for Nazis getting punched

Nothing wrong with punching racists and anti-semites. Especially when they are public about their hatred.
    we've become what we hate
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    vaggar99 said:

Maybe I should have put it this way.....

As someone who lost more than half their family to the nazi holocaust I'm okay with punching nazi wanna bes.
  • vaggar99 said:

Maybe I should have put it this way.....

As someone who lost more than half their family to the nazi holocaust I'm okay with punching nazi wanna bes.
    As someone who knows of such hatred... I'm okay with it too.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    If punching nazis is wrong, I don't wanna be right
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    do we know for a fact that he is anti-sematic?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    The assailant has quite the history of extracurricular activity.
  • unsung said:

Regardless of his history... he gets a t-shirt for this vulgar display of power.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

Regardless of his history... he gets a t-shirt for this vulgar display of power.
    And of course he would never square up, instead a cheap shot and run.
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Spencer wants America to become a white ethno-centric nation. Spencer declared in 2013, "We need an ethno-state so that our people can 'come home again,' can live amongst family and feel safe and secure," per the Washington Post. Spencer's desire for the white ethno-state stems from his racist belief "that Hispanics and African Americans have lower average IQs than whites and are more genetically predisposed to commit crimes," according to Mother Jones.

I don't like people getting punched. But even more, I don't like Nazis.

http://fusion.net/story/382131/richard-spencer-gets-punched-video-remix/
    edited January 2017
    i still feel it would be better to sit the guy down and just have a candid discussion. his moronic viewpoints would come out in short time. If you take the time to watch this all the way through, you'll see what i'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlbLNWIFEY0
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    vaggar99 said:

i still feel it would be better to sit the guy down and just have a candid discussion. his moronic viewpoints would come out in short time. If you take the time to watch this all the way through, you'll see what i'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlbLNWIFEY0

When did the guy who had a thread posting seizure in the weeks after the election develop a sense of reasoning with someone like this guy?