Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    rgambs said:

Jimmy Dore is ok, he's not great.
    Cenk is much more charismatic.

Yikes...
  • ^^^
    Yikes is right.
    Jimmy Dore is right about the dems and Hillary in this vid 1:05 until the end. https://www.youtube.com/user/TYTComedy the rest of the video is just hyped up nonsense causing unnecessary madness in the American people just like that loopy catchphrase "Not my President".
    Wake up folks, President Trump is your President.
    As for Cenk well he is wishy washy at best and suits the radlibs best when he needs support.

On a whole the democratic party is irrelevant right now. They need to regroup and get to the root cause of their problems and they need to do it themselves. Without anyone holding their hand through the process it may take a long time though probably about eight years.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Free said:

I am so glad you guys would get riled up about someone like Bill Maher.

Perhaps you should shift that energy into making your party actually BETTER post Hillary (solutions anyone?). Complete turnover, get these guys out and real people that want to turn the party of whimps into a party that fights for the PEOPLE and not what the 1% want. You guys getting angry at someone who disagrees with your POV does nothing for your failed party. Get angry in the right direction.

-if Bernie had won, the Democratic party WOULD HAVE been your party
    -everyone is over Hillary losing, except for, apparently, you.
    -why are you so dismissive of what your party affiliation is, the old "I've said it enough on here" deflection, if you are so eager to criticize everyone else's affiliations?
    -you were so clearly and terribly wrong about Maher (I also find him to be a blowhard and can't watch him), so you just state "I didn't read past your first sentence". that is from a class called Avoiding My Major Fuckup 101
    -no one is sitting here saying the Democratic party is where it should be. Yet, all you keep yelling about is how it needs to be fixed and that no one is listening to you. No one is listening to you because everyone knows HRC was a terrible candidate. Everyone has admitted as such. What is it that you are trying to prove here?

WHY DO YOU GIVE A FUCK ABOUT A PARTY YOU ARE NOT A PART OF? and don't answer with one of your dismissive "pointing fingers" bullshit. all the finger pointing is being done by YOU.

Did you see any non-Republican telling Republicans how fucked up their party was in 2008/2012 and that they need to fix it? No. Why? Because it's fucking bizarre, that's why.

you have actually surpassed pjfan. seriously.

it's lunacy.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    seems like alot of angry fluffs today....
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017

Free said:

Perhaps you should shift that energy into making your party actually BETTER post Hillary (solutions anyone?). Complete turnover, get these guys out and real people that want to turn the party of whimps into a party that fights for the PEOPLE and not what the 1% want. You guys getting angry at someone who disagrees with your POV does nothing for your failed party. Get angry in the right direction.

-why are you so dismissive of what your party affiliation is, the old "I've said it enough on here" deflection, if you are so eager to criticize everyone else's affiliations?
    -you were so clearly and terribly wrong about Maher (I also find him to be a blowhard and can't watch him), so you just state "I didn't read past your first sentence". that is from a class called Avoiding My Major Fuckup 101
    -no one is sitting here saying the Democratic party is where it should be. Yet, all you keep yelling about is how it needs to be fixed and that no one is listening to you. No one is listening to you because everyone knows HRC was a terrible candidate. Everyone has admitted as such. What is it that you are trying to prove here?

WHY DO YOU GIVE A FUCK ABOUT A PARTY YOU ARE NOT A PART OF? and don't answer with one of your dismissive "pointing fingers" bullshit. all the finger pointing is being done by YOU.

Did you see any non-Republican telling Republicans how fucked up their party was in 2008/2012 and that they need to fix it? No. Why? Because it's fucking bizarre, that's why.

it's lunacy.
    You must be another angry elf.

One sentence for you as to why I and every citizen of the World should care about the Dem party:

...because THEY LOST this election that should have been a no-brained, shoe-in for them. The party failed as much as their weak candidate and campaign because they SHUT DOWN anyone and everyone who doesn't think just like them. Look where that got the entire world. The Dems are as much about division as Trump supporters.
    Post edited by Free on
    Ok, that was more than one sentence.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Oh good, more labeling to help move the discussion along.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Free said:

Free said:

it's lunacy.

One sentence for you as to why I and every citizen of the World should care about the Dem party:

...because THEY LOST this election that should have been a no-brained, shoe-in for them. The party failed as much as their weak candidate and campaign because they SHUT DOWN anyone and everyone who doesn't think just like them. Look where that got the entire world. The Dems are as much about division as Trump supporters.
    Let's start here Free...

Going forward who do you want to lead the DNC?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Free said:

Free said:

it's lunacy.

angry elf?

so you aren't a democrat, but you are blaming them for donald trump? ever think about blaming the electorate who voted him in? or those who abstained from voting because of some ill-conceived laughable "morality" because they are all Bitter Bernie Bros?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Is Booker putting his 2020 Potus run in jeopardy or fortifying it?

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/313440-cory-booker-to-testify-against-sessions-nomination
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jimmy Dore is ok, he's not great.
    Cenk is much more charismatic.

Free said:

Free said:

it's lunacy.

angry elf?

so you aren't a democrat, but you are blaming them for donald trump? ever think about blaming the electorate who voted him in? or those who abstained from voting because of some ill-conceived laughable "morality" because they are all Bitter Bernie Bros?
    It's hard to imagine, but there were quite a few folks who thought the whole election was already over and Clinton had been named the winner!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:
    Cory Booker 1.11.17 recap, testify against Sessions, choose big pharma over the sick.

Bernies cheaper drug amendment...Booker and Dem NAYs
    12 Gop for 13 Dems against

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00020#position

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/senate/313666-cory-booker-kicks-off-2020-maneuvering-in-the-senate?amp
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    edited January 2017
    Free said:

...Good luck with The future of the Democratic Party. For when you can't have a decent discussion and what they can improve upon without blaming me and anyone who doesn't share their opinion, absolutely nothing will ever get done.

Haven't we all learned this from the election. Perhaps not. We will see if they do any better in 2020.

I'm already eating my words! The Dems are Failing the people starting w/ Bernie's Pharma bill. Way to go Booker and good luck to you in 2020. :chicken:
    Post edited by Free on
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Free said:

I'm gonna take a wild guess, that this is the same list of reps that got paid off by lobbyists or had donations to their campaigns by persons associated with drug companies???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I've said it already, but I'm not on Team Booker in 2020. I really, really hope for Gavin Newsom out in California. Chances are he'll be elected governor there in two years.
    edited January 2017
    Free said:
    That vote was for authorization of cheaper drug funding, it was a tactical vote to flush out the corporate whore democrats owned by big pharma.
    Look at the future of the democratic partys Booker reasons for voting against the amendment "safety concerns over imported drugs from Canada", ignoring that this was solely about funding and any facts about cases of Canadians harmed from their drugs, know that Booker voted in Dec to weaken already weak FDA drugs protocols and procedures. He is really really really concerned about drug safety, laughable.
    See 21st century cures act.
    edited January 2017
    PP193448 said:

Free said:

I'm gonna take a wild guess, that this is the same list of reps that got paid off by lobbyists or had donations to their campaigns by persons associated with drug companies???
    All of them received big bucks, most 200-400k from big pharma in last 5 years.
    Tester? How do I know that name?

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/01/12/big-pharma-backed-dems-join-gop-block-sanders-effort-end-drug-price-gouging
    Tester. Ament's good friend.
    JC29856 said:

PP193448 said:

Free said:

All of them received big bucks, most 200-400k from big pharma in last 5 years.
    Tester? How do I know that name?

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/01/12/big-pharma-backed-dems-join-gop-block-sanders-effort-end-drug-price-gouging
    Anyone know how to find the full amendment so we can see the fine print? Before I judge their vote, it'd be interesting to see what was all listed and concessions to get this done.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I found it in the Congressional Record:

Amendment No. 178

Ms. KLOBUCHAR. Mr. President, I call up amendment No. 178 and ask
    unanimous consent that it be reported by number.
    The PRESIDING OFFICER. Without objection, the clerk will report the
    amendment by number.
    The legislative clerk read as follows:

The Senator from Minnesota [Ms. Klobuchar] proposes an
    amendment numbered 178.

The amendment is as follows:

(Purpose: To establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund relating to
    lowering prescription drug prices for Americans by importing drugs from
    Canada)

At the end of title III, add the following:

SEC. 3___. DEFICIT-NEUTRAL RESERVE FUND RELATING TO LOWERING
    PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRICES FOR AMERICANS BY
    IMPORTING DRUGS FROM CANADA

The Chairman of the Committee on the Budget of the Senate
    may revise the allocations of a committee or committees,
    aggregates, and other appropriate levels in this resolution
    for one or more bills, joint resolutions, amendments,
    amendments between the Houses, motions, or conference reports
    relating to lowering prescription drug prices, including
    through the importation of safe and affordable prescription
    drugs from Canada by American pharmacists, wholesalers, and
    individuals with a valid prescription from a provider
    licensed to practice in the United States, by the amounts
    provided in such legislation for those purposes, provided
    that such legislation would not increase the deficit over
    either the period of the total of fiscal years 2017 through
    2021 or the period of the total of fiscal years 2017 through

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator from Minnesota.
    Ms. KLOBUCHAR. Mr. President, I come to the floor to ask that my
    colleagues support this very important amendment with Senator Sanders.
    I will match his passion with numbers.
    The price of insulin, as our colleagues know, has tripled in the last
    decade. The antibiotic doxycycline went from $20 a bottle to nearly
    $2,000 a bottle in 6 months. Naloxone, the drug used to help with
    overdose, went from $690 to $4,500 to date. We cannot sit here and do
    nothing. We have an opportunity, for those who believe in the free
    market, to allow in competition--competition from the safe country of
    Canada, our neighbors to the north. In Minnesota, we can see Canada
    from our porch, and we want to see that competition come in and save
    our constituents' lives.
    The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator from Vermont.
    Mr. SANDERS. Mr. President, last year the five major drug companies
    made $50 billion in profit, while one out of five Americans cannot
    afford the medicine they need. Please don't tell me that we can import
    fish from all over the world, but we can't bring medicine in from
    Canada.
    The PRESIDING OFFICER. The time for the Senator from Vermont has
    expired.
    The Senator from Wyoming.
    Mr. ENZI. Mr. President, this discussion will be a little different
    than any we have had because in a bipartisan way we have been defeating
    this for at least 14 years. Byron Dorgan used to head it up on that
    side, and I used to oppose it from this side, but it has always been
    bipartisan, and that is because we are not sure about the safety of the
    prescription drugs that come in online.
    People who drive over the border and go to a pharmacist are probably
    getting good drugs there, but we are told that for up to 85 percent of
    what comes in online, we can't tell what country it came from. So we
    can specify Canada, but it may be from another country altogether,
    particularly the Middle East. If we want to assure we have the safety
    of our drugs, being able to get it online from even Canada doesn't have
    the kind of assurance we need. We have always asked that the Secretary
    of Health and Human Services specify that the safety is in place. No
    one has been willing to do that.
    I ask that we vote against this amendment.
    The PRESIDING OFFICER. The question is on agreeing to the amendment.
    Mr. SANDERS. I ask for the yeas and nays.
    The PRESIDING OFFICER. Is there a sufficient second?
    There appears to be a sufficient second.

[[Page S262]]

The clerk will call the roll.
    The bill clerk called the roll.
    Mr. CORNYN. The following Senator is necessarily absent: the Senator
    from Alabama (Mr. Sessions).
    Mr. DURBIN. I announce that the Senator from California (Mrs.
    Feinstein) is necessarily absent.
    The PRESIDING OFFICER. Are there any other Senators in the Chamber
    desiring to vote?
    The result was announced--yeas 46, nays 52, as follows:

[Rollcall Vote No. 20 Leg.]

YEAS--46

Baldwin
    Blumenthal
    Boozman
    Brown
    Cardin
    Collins
    Cortez Masto
    Cruz
    Duckworth
    Durbin
    Flake
    Franken
    Gillibrand
    Grassley
    Harris
    Hassan
    Heller
    Hirono
    Kaine
    Kennedy
    King
    Klobuchar
    Leahy
    Lee
    Manchin
    Markey
    McCain
    McCaskill
    Merkley
    Murkowski
    Murphy
    Nelson
    Paul
    Peters
    Reed
    Sanders
    Schatz
    Schumer
    Shaheen
    Stabenow
    Thune
    Udall
    Van Hollen
    Warren
    Whitehouse
    Wyden

NAYS--52

Alexander
    Barrasso
    Bennet
    Blunt
    Booker
    Burr
    Cantwell
    Capito
    Carper
    Casey
    Cassidy
    Cochran
    Coons
    Corker
    Cornyn
    Cotton
    Crapo
    Daines
    Donnelly
    Enzi
    Ernst
    Fischer
    Gardner
    Graham
    Hatch
    Heinrich
    Heitkamp
    Hoeven
    Inhofe
    Isakson
    Johnson
    Lankford
    McConnell
    Menendez
    Moran
    Murray
    Perdue
    Portman
    Risch
    Roberts
    Rounds
    Rubio
    Sasse
    Scott
    Shelby
    Sullivan
    Tester
    Tillis
    Toomey
    Warner
    Wicker
    Young

NOT VOTING--2

Feinstein
    Sessions

The amendment (No. 178) was rejected.
    The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator from Oregon.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    To the Dems:

edited January 2017
    Free said:

To the Dems:

Hmm, don't forget the [NAME-CALLING REMOVED BY ADMIN. BACK IT DOWN A NOTCH OR TWO TO PRESERVE YOUR POSTING PRIVILEGES.] republicans who continue to standby silently as the Don destroyed the country and acts like a child. If they are proud of this "victory" they are just as fucked.
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited January 2017
    tbergs said:

Free said:

To the Dems:

Hmm, don't forget the [NAME-CALLING REMOVED BY ADMIN. BACK IT DOWN A NOTCH OR TWO TO PRESERVE YOUR POSTING PRIVILEGES.] republicans who continue to standby silently as the Don destroyed the country and acts like a child. If they are proud of this "victory" they are just as fucked.
    Deflection is the name of the game, and the meme goes for republicans, too.

Our representatives, whom we voted in, are not doing us justice. But let's stay the same two parties, and keep these reps rich and serving their own corporate interests, and NOT the people's.
    Post edited by Free on
    edited January 2017
    Top funded the representatives receiving big Pharma money. Cory Booker is number two, apparently.

Post edited by Free on
    Here’s how the pharmaceutical industry keeps America’s drug prices among the highest in the world.
    Pharmaceutical companies have donated nearly $1 million in the 2016 presidential election cycle

More than a third of all donations went to Hilary Clinton

Health care industry overall has donated over $9.5 million
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/02/11/health/big-pharma-presidential-politics/index.html?client=safari
    edited January 2017
    Why would any Democrat vote against cheaper price drugs from Canada?

http://bluevirginia.us/2017/01/democrat-vote-cheaper-priced-drugs-canada
    ...why would any Democrat worthy of the name vote against cheaper pharmaceuticals from Canada? For the roll call vote, held (appropriately) in the dark of the night Wednesday — when hardly anybody was paying attention — click here. Note that the amendment, “To establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund relating to lower prescription drug prices for Americans by importing drugs from Canada,” was rejected on a 46-52 vote, with a whopping 13 (!) Democrats — including our own state’s Mark Warner — voting “nay.”

Again, why? I really don’t get it; the “argument” that this is about protecting Americans from supposedly unsafe drugs from that notorious Third World nation to our north (heh) is, as Reich puts it, “rubbish.” By the way, I contacted Sen. Warner’s office this morning for an explanation as to why he voted “nay” on this, but so far haven’t heard back. If I do, I’ll let you know. In the meantime, here’s what Robert Reich has to say…

If Democrats don’t act like Democrats and stick up for average Americans, who will? Republicans? Trump?

Last night Bernie Sanders introduced a simple amendment urging the federal government to allow Americans to purchase pharmaceutical drugs from Canada (where drugs are considerably cheaper because the Canadian government uses a review board and price negotiation to make drugs more affordable). Such unrestricted drug importation is currently barred by law because Big Pharma doesn’t want anything to cut into its profits.

The Senate voted down the amendment 52-46. It was opposed by most Republicans (no surprise) but also by 13 Democrats, including New Jersey’s Cory Booker, a rising star in the party and a possible 2020 presidential contender. Democrats who opposed it said they were concerned about safety.

Rubbish. Canadians are just as concerned about safety as we are. Most of the drugs that would be imported from Canada were originally manufactured in the United States, anyway.

Booker and other Democrats who opposed the Sanders amendment are longtime friends of Big Pharma. As MapLight data shows, Booker has received more pharmaceutical manufacturing cash over the past 6 years than any other Democratic senator: $267,338. Other Democrats receiving six-figure donations from Big Pharma – Pennsylvania’s Bob Casey, Washington’s Patty Murray, and Colorado’s Michael Bennet — also opposed the amendment.

We have no hope of winning back Congress and the presidency – and winning back the confidence of the American people – if elected Democrats take big money and vote the way big money wants them to.
    Post edited by Free on