Options

Dem Party

Comments

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Free said:

Why don't we just admit that most here are cynics. It's not necessarily a bad thing thing, though never seeing the positive side of things does affect our own emotional well-being. Kudos to Hugh for jumping in, you never fail.

I'm optimistic. In fact, yesterday when I said things were better now than they used to be and we aren't trending downward, you were one of the people who disagreed with me.
    Being optimistic with a trump presidency when he's already showed us how bad he really is, along with the other billionaires he's appointed who aren't really qualified for their positions? I admit I do hope for the best here, but after the last few days of the Trump presidency? For realz, Dude? Unless of course, you voted for him. Then I can understand your optimism.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    haha. so you're an optimist in one post, and a cynic the next. nicely done!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017

Gee, The part about being hopeful really makes me a cynic, ok.

I thought you were leaving?
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    Free said:

you mocked go beavers for being optimistic. it's right there in black and white.

did I say I was leaving?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017

Free said:

you mocked go beavers for being optimistic. it's right there in black and white.

did I say I was leaving?
    I believe it was in November when you said something to the effect of
    Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal
    and then you posted something later about being sucked back into a vortex of bullshit, out
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Free said:

did I say I was leaving?
    I believe it was in November when you said something to the effect of
    Well, I'm outa here. My member ship runs out in exactly two weeks and I've opted out of renewal
    and then you posted something later about being sucked back into a vortex of bullshit, out
    What does this have to do with the Democratic Party? Stick to the topic.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    Free said:

Free said:

Why don't we just admit that most here are cynics. It's not necessarily a bad thing thing, though never seeing the positive side of things does affect our own emotional well-being. Kudos to Hugh for jumping in, you never fail.

I'm optimistic. In fact, yesterday when I said things were better now than they used to be and we aren't trending downward, you were one of the people who disagreed with me.
    Being optimistic with a trump presidency when he's already showed us how bad he really is, along with the other billionaires he's appointed who aren't really qualified for their positions? I admit I do hope for the best here, but after the last few days of the Trump presidency? For realz, Dude? Unless of course, you voted for him. Then I can understand your optimism.
    You just said you were optimistic, now you're on me for being optimistic? Trump will be a set back or regression that we'll recover from. Right now I'm hopeful for resistance and damage control.
  • Options

Free said:

Free said:

You just said you were optimistic, now you're on me for being optimistic? Trump will be a set back or regression that we'll recover from. Right now I'm hopeful for resistance and damage control.
    Let's hope you're right.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    Half the battle is just showing up!

Democrats have been creamed over the last eight years, losing some 935 state legislative seats during the Obama era. In 2017, it is focusing its efforts on Virginia and North Carolina, two places where Democratic gains at the state level (the party controls the governor's mansion in both states) are undercut by conservative legislatures. In Virginia, a blue state in the last three presidential elections, Democrats have failed even to show up in some races: 44 of the state's 67 Republican delegates ran unopposed in 2015, including three Republicans in districts carried by Hillary Clinton. Democrats have a long way to go to recoup what they lost, but they've also left a lot of low-hanging fruit on the vine.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/democrats-candidate-recruitment-run-for-something
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This isn't new news, but...

"Democrats are down to 192 members of Congress. Under President Obama, Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats. That's some legacy. Under President Obama, Democrats have lost over 900 state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats.Nov 9, 2016".

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=ShCKWIugK4SYmQH_9ZHwDQ&q=democrats+lost+how+many+seats&oq=democrats+lost+how+&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0j0i22i30k1l2.35719.39927.0.40794.18.17.1.0.0.0.349.2744.1j13j2j1.17.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..4.14.1937...41j33i160k1j0i22i10i30k1.pl0BcDoyWLg

What is the answer Dems? You can insult me all you want for stating the obvious, but what can be done about the party? It's failing the people.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    The issue is turnout. JC pointed it out correctly. Republicans are much better at showing up for mid terms and local races. Democrats don't. Perhaps it's a mindset that they are mostly interested in the federal gov't and the executive branch. Whereas a Republican inherently believes the power should reside at the local level (all politics are local) and therefore are much more engaged in the smaller campaigns. Perhaps Democrats belief in big government is costing more than understood.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Free said:

benjs said:

Free said:

Benjs, as I've said in other threads I do not belong to the Democratic Party, however, it is

Free said:

"Democrats are down to 192 members of Congress. Under President Obama, Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats. That's some legacy. Under President Obama, Democrats have lost over 900 state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats.Nov 9, 2016".

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=ShCKWIugK4SYmQH_9ZHwDQ&q=democrats+lost+how+many+seats&oq=democrats+lost+how+&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0j0i22i30k1l2.35719.39927.0.40794.18.17.1.0.0.0.349.2744.1j13j2j1.17.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..4.14.1937...41j33i160k1j0i22i10i30k1.pl0BcDoyWLg

What is the answer Dems? You can insult me all you want for stating the obvious, but what can be done about the party? It's failing the people.

It's only the beginning, but at my Virginia precinct meeting this month and last, attendance doubled each time and the chairman joked how the average age of the group has just been reduced significantly.

Our district and state party has its eyes on increasing turnout in our 2017 state race. Our February precinct task is to reach out to every single voter on our roll who has not been identified as a strong Democrat, but as a leaning Democrat or unknown. We have four outreach trainings scheduled and a plan to canvass, call, and host three house parties between now and November. One of our trainings will be how to communicate the issues that resonate with voters in our precinct -- infrastructure, education, and health care.

At the January meeting, I was informally named "Vice-Chair of Resistance." My job is to organize and lead a precinct level advocacy group to stay on top of issues and mobilize action.

Free, the answer to your persistent question will be found at the grassroots level. You keep saying that yourself. I wholeheartedly agree with you, yet you don't seem to spend any time in the grass, as far as I can tell, to even know that. You seem to want the same things we all want, so I don't understand why you're adversarial about it. We need each other. We've only got two years to turn this shit show around, and there is no time for distractions and squabbles at the grassroots level.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Free said:

benjs said:

Free said:

Benjs, as I've said in other threads I do not belong to the Democratic Party, however, it is

Free said:

It's only the beginning, but at my Virginia precinct meeting this month and last, attendance doubled each time and the chairman joked how the average age of the group has just been reduced significantly.

Our district and state party has its eyes on increasing turnout in our 2017 state race. Our February precinct task is to reach out to every single voter on our roll who has not been identified as a strong Democrat, but as a leaning Democrat or unknown. We have four outreach trainings scheduled and a plan to canvass, call, and host three house parties between now and November. One of our trainings will be how to communicate the issues that resonate with voters in our precinct -- infrastructure, education, immigration, social security, and health care.

At the January meeting, I was informally named "Vice-Chair of Resistance." My job is to organize and lead a precinct level advocacy group to stay on top of issues and mobilize action.

Free, the answer to your persistent question will be found at the grassroots level. You keep saying that yourself. I wholeheartedly agree with you, yet you don't seem to spend any time in the grass, as far as I can tell, to even know that. You seem to want the same things we all want, so I don't understand why you're adversarial about it. We need each other. We've only got two years to turn this shit show around, and there is no time for distractions and squabbles at the grassroots level.
    (Edit: I don't know what's up with the quoting)
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    Ugh, what's up with the site? Double invisible post out of my control. Sorry.

Okay, back to topic
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538

Ugh, what's up with the site? Double invisible post out of my control. Sorry.

Okay, back to topic

It was the DNC hacking your posts
  • Options
    Leader of the justice democrats... Is he hoping for terrorist attack for impeachment?

• Options
    JC29856 said:

Leader of the justice democrats... Is he hoping for terrorist attack for impeachment?

That's the question you got out of that? Huh . . .
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I just got the memo! All makes sense now...

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/337535680/Full-David-Brock-Confidential-Memo-On-Fighting-Trump#from_embed

Hmm Brock and Soros

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/david-brock-donald-trump-donor-network-231588

Brock on Thursday night emailed more than 200 of the biggest donors on the left — including finance titans George Soros, Tom Steyer and Donald Sussman — inviting them to a retreat in Palm Beach over inauguration weekend to assess what Democrats did wrong in 2016, figure out how to correct it and raise cash for those initiatives.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    The far left is discovering, in just a week, what it took 2+ years for those of us who were adults in 2000 to realize. Elections matter. Party unity matters. Good is the enemy of great.

Sad times ahead. I just hope it won't take a generation or more to recover.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    edited January 2017
    mrussel1 said:

The far left is discovering, in just a week, what it took 2+ years for those of us who were adults in 2000 to realize. Elections matter. Party unity matters. Good is the enemy of great.

I think you mean a sub-group of the far left. I would probably be considered far left and I've always known elections matter.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

I think you mean a sub-group of the far left. I would probably be considered far left and I've always known elections matter.
    Fair enough, but you know what I mean.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

That's the way I feel about it, and the damn third party fools as well.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Same people in my book
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    mrussel1 said:

It will
    There are something like 800 judiciary appointments that went unfilled, because of the Republicans, during the Obama presidency. If these are all filled by the Trump regime.then we will be dealing with right-wing conservative judges for a generation or more.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

:cry::cry:
  • Options
    Add religion to the Dem party tactic of weaponizing race and gender. Pelosi: Tell them you Muslim, tell them your Muslim.

http://www.lifezette.com/referral/pelosi-caught-hot-mic-tell-youre-muslim/?utm_content=buffer8aaf1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=lifezette_buffer
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Add religion to the Dem party tactic of weaponizing race and gender. Pelosi: Tell them you Muslim, tell them your Muslim.

http://www.lifezette.com/referral/pelosi-caught-hot-mic-tell-youre-muslim/?utm_content=buffer8aaf1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=lifezette_buffer

What is lifezette.com?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

What is lifezette.com?
    Do you have internet access?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Do you know what credible news sites are? C'mon JC. I mean that story could be any more legit site, but The first thing I look at is the source.

But yeah, notice how Pelosi needs to throw in that Muslim label.