Tool

motarmotar Posts: 141
Tool at the Pepsi center tickets go onsale in 10 minutes. Praise Santos for not dropping a poster at the same time. Wish me luck!

Comments

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Did u win?! If not maybe a VIP package can be had on their website.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Would be better if they'd drop a new fucking album
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852

Would be better if they'd drop a new fucking album

10 years...
  • motarmotar Posts: 141
    I got lucky. 2 tickets in section 117.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    motar said:

Congrats on your tickets. Last 2 times I've seen Tool was at Red Rocks & Pepsi Center. Not traveling back there for this show, enjoy.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • motarmotar Posts: 141

motar said:

Congrats on your tickets. Last 2 times I've seen Tool was at Red Rocks & Pepsi Center. Not traveling back there for this show, enjoy.
    I was probably at both of those shows! Ill never forget a woman at the Red Rocks show screaming "Prying open my third eye." like a god damn siren over an over as I walked up the tortures path to get inside Red Rocks.

Prying open my third eye!

I'm wondering if only older people will be going to TOOL concerts now? I think I'm done with them...
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

I'm wondering if only older people will be going to TOOL concerts now? I think I'm done with them...

Why do you say that? I'm 26 and have a good number of friends who are fans. Next time they're in Toronto I'll be there. If they come for two nights, I'll be there twice :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

Why do you say that? I'm 26 and have a good number of friends who are fans. Next time they're in Toronto I'll be there. If they come for two nights, I'll be there twice :)
    Ten years between albums is a looooong time. The last time you heard new music you were in highschool.

The lack of response from the band is a little disappointing too.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

benjs said:

Ten years between albums is a looooong time. The last time you heard new music you were in highschool.

The lack of response from the band is a little disappointing too.
    ... You just fucked my mind. You're right... I still remember being amazed by their album art on 10,000 Days - it was what inspired me to first listen to them!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    Tool live is a sight to behold, I can't wait to see them again.

Congrats to those who scored tickets, and good luck to those searching.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    edited July 2016
    Consequence of Sound had an article on social media stating that the new material / instrumentals were long, 10-12 minutes, but Maynard hadn't even started adding lyrics yet. No recording has been complete
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Tool is headlining the Governors ball in NYC.

Anybody interested in going?

Tool is headlining the Governors ball in NYC.

If they are playing the same day as Royal Blood, my buddy & I will want to go, but I won't drop $300 for the 3 day pass.

Have they sold single day passes in the past?
  • Tool is headlining the Governors ball in NYC.

If they are playing the same day as Royal Blood, my buddy & I will want to go, but I won't drop $300 for the 3 day pass.

Yes you can buy a single. That's what I plan on doing. This lineup doesn't warrant a 3 day pass. Whiz Khalifa should be good but will most likely pair against TOOL.

What I do find the most interesting about this lineup is that almost ALL of these bands were still in High school when TOOL dropped their last album. I'm pretty sure most people looking at this lineup are saying "who the fuck is tool?"

Tool is headlining the Governors ball in NYC.

Yes you can buy a single. That's what I plan on doing. This lineup doesn't warrant a 3 day pass. Whiz Khalifa should be good but will most likely pair against TOOL.

What I do find the most interesting about this lineup is that almost ALL of these bands were still in High school when TOOL dropped their last album. I'm pretty sure most people looking at this lineup are saying "who the fuck is tool?"
    Haha, yeah, I agree,most of those kids probably have no idea who they are.

The inclusion of Royal Blood on the day Tool performs will be the deciding factor for me. I saw Tool at the Monster Mash in ’15, and it was great (as usual) but the next time I see them will be my 11th; there’s no way I’m going to deal with a festival for them if there isn’t another band there that I really want to see (& RB is about the only other band on that bill that I’m interested in)

Good luck scoring a ticket.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'd only be interested in seeing Tool and Phoenix. Festivals just aren't my thing. There's just way too much going on. No rhyme or reason to the artists playing, no theme, etc. Remember when Lolla used to be exclusively alternative rock? Whatever happened to that kind of festival? Seems like everything these days is a weird ass mix of a few rock bands, a bunch of hip-hop artists, some EDM, some indie/hipster shit, and stand-up comedians. WTF?
    Tool's playing Boston Calling over Memorial Day weekend, looks like i don't have to worry about NYC after all.

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Tool's playing Boston Calling over Memorial Day weekend, looks like i don't have to worry about NYC after all.

solid lineup, half tempted to travel for that
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Tool's playing Boston Calling over Memorial Day weekend, looks like i don't have to worry about NYC after all.

That line up is decent.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Wonder if TOOL is a headliner at Firefly now. Right in the after Boston calling and Governors Ball. Still hope they have solo dates.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

That line up is decent.
    Calm down man.
  • Tool's playing Boston Calling over Memorial Day weekend, looks like i don't have to worry about NYC after all.

That line up is decent.
    Calm down man.
    Well it's just I'm so excited is all.

That line up is decent.
    Calm down man.
    Sigh

That line up is decent.
    Calm down man.
    Sigh
    You're getting me good these days.

I wish I'd never sighed. Gawddammit

That line up is decent.
    Calm down man.
    Sigh
    You're getting me good these days.

I wish I'd never sighed. Gawddammit
    Time heals all wounds 30, hang in there.

That line up is decent.
    Teegan & Sara are playing. I like them!

That line up is decent.
    Teegan & Sara are playing. I like them!
    There is 1... yes 1... limited edition Teegan & Sara pono player.

Cage the Elephant and Weezer would be good to see.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited January 2017
    I need a girlfriend so I can see Tegan & Sara. I've been wanting to see them for years, but I'm not going with a dude friend, and going alone might be even more weird than that. I went to see Kacey Musgraves by myself and I swear to god everyone that walked by me gave me weird looks.
  • HollandHolland Posts: 73
    I have never seen Tool live but am dying too. I am seriously thinking of making the 7-hour drive down to Boston to see them if they are doing day passes. I have a question though. I always wanted to see them in an arena setting and am wondering does a festival setting really not do this band any justice? Should I hold out and wait for a proper tour/show with all of the bells and whistles or do these guys give it their all no matter where they play?