Board Gamers?

any board gamers here? I recently ordered Scythe,,,excited for this one...

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    strat o matic
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Always loved Monopoly... when played properly, which no one ever does. :angry:
  • Exploding Kittens. The NOPE card is my favorite. This game is truly hysterical. There's even a "bag of dicks" card.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    MayDay10 said:

strat o matic

good to see another Strat-o-matic fan. i loved these games back in the day. Baseball was by far the best but also enjoyed football, basketball and hockey. It was always like Christmas day when my brother and I got the new baseball season cards. best UPs deliveries ever.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Love them, tons of them!

The latest we got turned on too is great. It can be played with two but is also great for teams of up to four on a side as. Super great word/board game:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Loved Parcheesi since I was a kid.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Exploding Kittens. The NOPE card is my favorite. This game is truly hysterical. There's even a "bag of dicks" card.

LMAO...What???!! Ok, I definitely have to check this out!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Here. Only recently started getting into the "non-traditional" type games.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    pjhawks said:

MayDay10 said:

strat o matic

good to see another Strat-o-matic fan. i loved these games back in the day. Baseball was by far the best but also enjoyed football, basketball and hockey. It was always like Christmas day when my brother and I got the new baseball season cards. best UPs deliveries ever.
    I picked it up again a few years ago. Nice to play a game and wind down.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I love playing board games. Whenever my family gets together for holidays, we're bound to be playing something at some point.

I really enjoy most of the games created/produced by the Days of Wonder company. Their games are usually easy to learn, but incorporate a lot of strategy. Their most popular game is Ticket to Ride (https://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/), of which we have a few of the variations.

My current favorite game is 7 Wonders (http://www.rprod.com/?page=description-22). It was a little tricky to understand the first time we played, but after figuring it out it got to be really fun.
  • Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    7 wonders gets plenty of play at our house!

I love playing board games. Whenever my family gets together for holidays, we're bound to be playing something at some point.

I really enjoy most of the games created/produced by the Days of Wonder company. Their games are usually easy to learn, but incorporate a lot of strategy. Their most popular game is Ticket to Ride (https://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/), of which we have a few of the variations.

My current favorite game is 7 Wonders (http://www.rprod.com/?page=description-22). It was a little tricky to understand the first time we played, but after figuring it out it got to be really fun.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited February 2023
    Loved Parcheesi since I was a kid.
    Had that. I think I still do actually.

Last board game I played was the mad magazine board game.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Board games!!

I have about 15 games i keep in the trunk of my car at all times so that wherever i go, i have them, lol.

Pandemic Legacy is probably my group's favorite. Learn regular Pandemic first, its awesome on it's own..then prepare for amazingness you could not anticipate with Legacy.

T.I.M.E. Stories had a "Eureka!" moment in that first mission that was an all-time board game moment for us. This and Pandemic Legacy have limited replayability, especially the latter, but if your group is into games, these are sure-fire winners. But then again, you probably have at least one of them if they are.

Dominion is...yeah... We all still love Dominion. Near unlimited replayability; no two games are the same. We don't play it as much anymore, but when we do, its still got that, "let's play one more!" feeling. If only there were an easy way to store all of it together.

Other trunk games I can think of are Caverna (heavy worker placement game with a heavy price tag)
    Sheriff of Nottingham (bribing and bluffing)
    Marvel Legendary (tear down of that game is too big of a hindrance, however),
    Shadows Over Camelot (co-op with the possibility of a traitor. If you like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, consider this game)
    Isle of Skye (auction-based tile-laying game where you create a Scottish kingdom)
    7 Wonders (cool civilization card game; Neat mechanic where you only deal with your immediate neighbors at the table.)
    Codenames (think Password)
    The Resistance (Hidden identity and social deduction game. Always been a hit with new players--I'm true Blue, I swear!),
    Spyfall (Also hidden identity and social deduction...but not new-player friendly. Not a big fan of)
    Courtier (worker placement. Something about this one just clicks with me)
    Love Letter (dirt cheap and perfectly balanced, this relative of Courtier could not play more differently)
    Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (Card based RPG. "Rise of the Runelords" was AWESOME... "Skulls..." we did not like or finish...)
    Descent 2.0 (modular board and miniatures RPG... fun campaign; would like to play it as NOT the Dungeon Master someday...)
    Baseball Highlights 2045 (Card game where you simulate a baseball game with humans, robots and cyborgs. Quick to play and fun!)
    Jamaica (Pirate ship race around the titular island, couple of us really like it, couple not so much...looks great though?)
    Catan and Seafarer's expansion (golden oldies we never play anymore.)
    Ticket to Ride (see above)
    Cutthroat Caverns (co-op game with a bunch of backstabbing. One game got so heated we couldn't play it for 6 months!)

Um, yeah, might be some I forgot, but there is so much good stuff out there beyond Monopoly!

^What's the difference between Pandemic and Pandemic Legacy? I've played the original and it's quite fun, but haven't seen the Legacy version.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    brianlux said:

Love them, tons of them!

The latest we got turned on too is great. It can be played with two but is also great for teams of up to four on a side as. Super great word/board game:

I need to look this up!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I love board games! Used to play them a lot in college. Nights where it was cold and snowing out...and didn't want to go to the bars. We'd get a bunch of booze and make it a night!
    I wanna go hang with Marky's family!! lol some of those games he listed are a BLAST!

I wanna go hang with Marky's family!! lol some of those games he listed are a BLAST!

We're getting together around New Year's for our family's Christmas (confusing, I know). Come on over!
    Haha! Awesome!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I love a good board game!
    Jenga is always a good drinking go-to. Also love Monopoly, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit (even though it's too damn hard), Chinese checkers, chess, Scabble, Balderdash is super fun, Cranium... Fun times. :) I'm usually up to try just about any board game.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Exploding Kittens. The NOPE card is my favorite. This game is truly hysterical. There's even a "bag of dicks" card.

Did you get the Kickstarter version? My kittens meow.

Did you see that they are putting out a new game called Bears Vs. Babies?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Monopoly, risk, and stratego are my favorites.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Monopoly, risk, and stratego are my favorites.

LOVE Stratego!!
    Add Pirate's Cove to my collection. Got it for Christmas and it's a fun game. Some interesting strategy with it, just need to have 3 or more to play it.
  • Monopoly is great, playing Life right now
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Got a dominos set today! Double 12's!
  • RKCNDY said:

Did you get the Kickstarter version? My kittens meow.

Did you see that they are putting out a new game called Bears Vs. Babies?
    Yes got the kickstarter version. Never knew he was making another game so damn it I missed that one...
  • Monopoly, risk, and stratego are my favorites.

LOVE Stratego!!
    We changed the rules on Stratego and let the bombs move. That's a fun little rule!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Got a dominos set today! Double 12's!

Yes! Dominos is a go to and now I'm getting the kids interested in it. I'm a big board game fan, but my wife hates them so at least our kids love them :) My favorites were always Scrabble, Clue, Trivial Portrait and Adverteasing(?).

Recently played Speak Out and Head Bandz and both were fun as hell, especially after a few drinks.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    By far my favorite board is and will always be S C R A B B L E. LOVE the game from my youth......Learned the two and the three words of the game which by far makes the game so much easier to play.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)