Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    edited November 2016
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZl73qzTUV7-AZkRNFc6FiGgFvhWMD5M2eSKh6HKMYVhzrdcIZ
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYcsLqWjRL4udux1RMewhBDqRd2IPWS5xkXB1dHKvySJHaHS6g9A
    No, humans can't built those without the help or high knowledge at 500AD..but you can say whatever you want..we live in a free world..or not??
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZl73qzTUV7-AZkRNFc6FiGgFvhWMD5M2eSKh6HKMYVhzrdcIZ
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYcsLqWjRL4udux1RMewhBDqRd2IPWS5xkXB1dHKvySJHaHS6g9A
    No, humans can't built those without the help or high knowledge at 500AD..but you can say whatever you want..we live in a free world..or not??

Of course they could, what evidence do you have that they couldn't?
    None.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    23scidoo said:

What are we supposed to see that humans couldn't build in 500 AD? Are you saying that humans couldn't carve a straight line or fit large stones together to build a wall by that point?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited November 2016
    Not even a razor blade can slide between the rocks. Some of these blocks are finished to 'machine' quality and the holes drilled to perfection. This is supposed to have been achieved by a civilization that had no writing system.To made this today, you must use lazer..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    23scidoo said:

Not even a razor blade can slide between the rocks. Some of these blocks are finished to 'machine' quality and the holes drilled to perfection. This is supposed to have been achieved by a civilization that had no writing system.To made this today, you must use lazer..

I highly doubt there is any credible evidence to support this assertion.
    i can't do nothing about that..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    23scidoo said:

You could provide credible evidence...
    You can search..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    23scidoo said:

You can search..

No, thank you. Common sense is all it takes to know that humans can, in fact, carve stone.
    I agree..common sense..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    yes there are massive granite slabs that fit together so tightly a single human hair cannot be wedged between two stone slabs. that's pretty astounding. then there are the (beyond) high quality flawless holes so perfectly spaced & drilled it would make today's engineers sweat. who (back in the day) had a laser grid measuring kit, 1400 diamondhead cutting & penetrating drill systems crammed up there noses? who is so intricate? elaborate. comprehensible only with painstaking effort - says a dictionary im looking through. um no. it is incomprehensible to do some of the things that supposedly we humans (thousands of years ago) have done. sure we can build the great pyramids, the great wall of china, carve massive buddha right out of & into a mountainside. some tasks take hundreds of years with thousands of hardworking folks. still... how do you move three hundred & sixty five 100 ton perfectly chiseled stones across a desert? maybe it wasn't a desert back then but a ocean & ships sailed the quarried stones around for the enjoyment of some emperor somewhere? trees rolling system? ok. sure. i'll give ya that. logs rolling system crossing mountain ranges, desert & hundreds if not thousands of miles. a determined couple of centuries can pull off some great things. some things just don't add up
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edit for up top...
    "buddhas" not "buddha"

i don't like hitting the edit button. proves there was a mistake of some kind. yep im a dick

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    ^^thank you sir..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

you are most welcome, mister

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Yes
    chadwick said:

yes there are massive granite slabs that fit together so tightly a single human hair cannot be wedged between two stone slabs. that's pretty astounding. then there are the (beyond) high quality flawless holes so perfectly spaced & drilled it would make today's engineers sweat. who (back in the day) had a laser grid measuring kit, 1400 diamondhead cutting & penetrating drill systems crammed up there noses? who is so intricate? elaborate. comprehensible only with painstaking effort - says a dictionary im looking through. um no. it is incomprehensible to do some of the things that supposedly we humans (thousands of years ago) have done. sure we can build the great pyramids, the great wall of china, carve massive buddha right out of & into a mountainside. some tasks take hundreds of years with thousands of hardworking folks. still... how do you move three hundred & sixty five 100 ton perfectly chiseled stones across a desert? maybe it wasn't a desert back then but a ocean & ships sailed the quarried stones around for the enjoyment of some emperor somewhere? trees rolling system? ok. sure. i'll give ya that. logs rolling system crossing mountain ranges, desert & hundreds if not thousands of miles. a determined couple of centuries can pull off some great things. some things just don't add up

All of that is exaggeration from eager extraterrestrial believers. The right angles aren't perfect, the holes aren't evenly spaced or perfect, you don't need diamond tools to work sandstone, the gaps that once existed between the stones are filled with debris from time and they have settled together the way heavy stones do. Ancient Aliens believers won't show you the pictures of the half-finished blocks with the chisel and stone hammer marks not sanded out, or the tools they found on site and in the area, or the drag marks and rope grooves that were used to place the stones.
    "They didn't have writing"
    They didn't have an alphabet, the stones themselves represent the symbols in their iconography that they used to communicate. You don't need words to build, you only need drawings.

It's all bullshit that is only accepted due to confirmation bias.
    ^^^^^^^^^ Thank you, sir. For pointing out what should be obvious but for which I don't have the patience.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2016
    I mean, why would aliens, who have the technology to fly to Earth and build shit there, make relatively clumsy huge monuments out of solid rock anyway? That would be like humans evolving to the point where extensive space travel with a ton of technological hardware, going to another planet, carving out some neat looking caves and walls and shit, and then leaving. There is no reason for any race of people to do such a thing. If they were going to bother coming down and building shit, wouldn't they build stuff that is reflective of a society that is that technologically advanced, and then stick around to actually use what they built? I really never understood these alien-built ancient structure theories at all. If they find one made out of solid fucking titanium or something, then I'll consider it, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 264
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

You could provide credible evidence...
    So could you, but all I seem to see is your opinion, no evidence. Just saying.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 264
    PJ_Soul said:

I mean, why would aliens, who have the technology to fly to Earth and build shit there, make relatively clumsy huge monuments out of solid rock anyway? That would be like humans evolving to the point where extensive space travel with a ton of technological hardware, going to another planet, carving out some neat looking caves and walls and shit, and then leaving. There is no reason for any race of people to do such a thing.

Wrong. What if they knew they were dealing with a primitive species who was prone to violence and territorial behavior and would ultimately destroy ourselves, and were trying to guide us along the right path?

The US is the most technologically advanced (when it comes to warfare) nation in Earth's history.....have we used that for peace keeping, rather than inciting chaos around the world?

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    seanwon said:

PJ_Soul said:

I mean, why would aliens, who have the technology to fly to Earth and build shit there, make relatively clumsy huge monuments out of solid rock anyway? That would be like humans evolving to the point where extensive space travel with a ton of technological hardware, going to another planet, carving out some neat looking caves and walls and shit, and then leaving. There is no reason for any race of people to do such a thing.

Wrong. What if they knew they were dealing with a primitive species who was prone to violence and territorial behavior and would ultimately destroy ourselves, and were trying to guide us along the right path?

The US is the most technologically advanced (when it comes to warfare) nation in Earth's history.....have we used that for peace keeping, rather than inciting chaos around the world?

We can all make all sorts of assumptions and guesses about the potential motivations of hypothetical alien beings and very likely none of us will every know if we were correct or not. It's an amusing thought experiment but that's all it is. However, if someone is going to try to put forward the presence of artifacts on earth as proof of prior alien visitation, then they would be wise to choose items that humans couldn't have produced. Humans have a long history of working stone. These examples are not convincing.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Yes
    While walking the beach with my daughter last night here in Wilmington NC we saw something that puzzled us. She says to me, dad look I looked up and saw something shooting across high in the atmosphere. It looked liked liked a firework or a rocket traveling across the sky at a tremendous speed then just dissipated after about 7 seconds. We looked at each and said what was that?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Sounds like a lovely evening on the beach with your daughter. Whatever that was, it provoked wonder and a shared experience.
    PJ_Soul said:

I mean, why would aliens, who have the technology to fly to Earth and build shit there, make relatively clumsy huge monuments out of solid rock anyway? That would be like humans evolving to the point where extensive space travel with a ton of technological hardware, going to another planet, carving out some neat looking caves and walls and shit, and then leaving. There is no reason for any race of people to do such a thing. If they were going to bother coming down and building shit, wouldn't they build stuff that is reflective of a society that is that technologically advanced, and then stick around to actually use what they built? I really never understood these alien-built ancient structure theories at all. If they find one made out of solid fucking titanium or something, then I'll consider it, lol.

Who said aliens built those things??..who said aliens built the pyramids??..all i EVER said, was about knowledge..
    once again..how the Dogon people knows about the third star of Sirius??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropa_stones
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    seanwon said:

PJ_Soul said:

And what if a huge purple dragon flew out of a crater in one of Jupiter's moons and flew to Earth and vomited rainbows in the sky?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

seanwon said:

PJ_Soul said:

And what if a huge purple dragon flew out of a crater in one of Jupiter's moons and flew to Earth and vomited rainbows in the sky?
    There's video of that online, too.
    Oftenreading may i ask why don't you vote??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

Oftenreading may i ask why don't you vote??..

Because we really have no idea what the answer to that question is, and my opinion has no bearing on that answer.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Yes

PJ_Soul said:

seanwon said:

PJ_Soul said:

There's video of that online, too.
    Link or it didn't happen.