Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2016
    pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

Mike Pence and Paul Ryan would like to take this opportuinty to say a word about the diversity within the GOP
    Waldo was easier to find

Oh you mean like this one???

Lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    Now which group is hired to represent our country as a whole and creates policies that effect all of us?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

If basis of calling trump racist is that trump at 27 along with his father settled a lawsuit about not renting to blacks, then that is a really really really bigly bigly bigly weak argument!
    Serious, is there anything else? Like more concrete or more recent?

Why don't you lay out your requirements for determining if someone's racist, first?
    That's your retort rebuttal?
    Retort rebuttal? Confusion befuddle?

I'm more interested in people's resistance to acknowledging and discussing racism at this point, which is what you're doing. Trump's racism has been outlined in this thread. You're obviously not wanting to look at how racism applies to trump. Why is that?
    Ok...well do the board a favor and simply list 2 other examples of trump racism? We have some new posters that maybe can't click thru 300 plus pages.
    "Laziness is a trait in blacks" - trump
    A ban on Muslim immigrants is a policy based on prejudice about people who belong to a mainline religion. Prejudice = racism.
    I'm totally convinced now. I and on behalf of the newbies thank you.
    That's your best retort rebuttal!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Now which group is hired to represent our country as a whole and creates policies that effect all of us?

The tougher ? is which group is more biased...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    g under p said:

pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

i can't believe there are people here denying he is a sexual predator and sexual assaulter (admitted!!!), racist and sexist. come on people.

why do I feel as if the "racist" charges against Trump are this elections "birther" movement against Obama
    There's a difference between the two: one has some serious truth to it and the other has no truth to it and done so to degrade the presidency of Obama. Which in turn IS something PE Donald Trump is very good at doing.

Peace
    Also an analogy fail since the birther idea has roots in racism.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

If basis of calling trump racist is that trump at 27 along with his father settled a lawsuit about not renting to blacks, then that is a really really really bigly bigly bigly weak argument!
    Serious, is there anything else? Like more concrete or more recent?

Why don't you lay out your requirements for determining if someone's racist, first?
    That's your retort rebuttal?
    Retort rebuttal? Confusion befuddle?

I'm more interested in people's resistance to acknowledging and discussing racism at this point, which is what you're doing. Trump's racism has been outlined in this thread. You're obviously not wanting to look at how racism applies to trump. Why is that?
    Ok...well do the board a favor and simply list 2 other examples of trump racism? We have some new posters that maybe can't click thru 300 plus pages.
    It's kind of sad that you are asking these questions after you voted for the guy. Pretty irresponsible.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016
    oh yeah now this is some racism for you...someone at CNN hates Jews...yikes

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/cnns-if-jews-are-people-headline-disgusts-jake-tapper-w452000

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    pjalive21 said:

pjhawks said:

i can't believe there are people here denying he is a sexual predator and sexual assaulter (admitted!!!), racist and sexist. come on people.

why do I feel as if the "racist" charges against Trump are this elections "birther" movement against Obama
    I have no idea, since there was no basis for the birther accusations, while there is a very large basis and many facts to refer to when it comes to the racist charges against Trump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

JC29856 said:

This should make the drumpf supporters proud.....

White Nationalists Salute the President-Elect: "Hail Trump!"
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

I denounce that behavior and am certain they represent a fringe not the 61M that voted trump.
    Denounce all you want, but that gesture is insignificant. The extreme element here might be fringe, but the moderates are numerically significant. It's pretty safe to say that the people who ticked the box for Trump weren't doing it because they liked the fact he's orange, offensive, poorly spoken, a cheat, a serial liar, and a sex offender: his overt racist attitudes that has the KKK high fiving and waiting for America to be great again works for many that aren't so open about their levels of racism.
    So the Black Panthers were out if full force for Obama, does that mean Obama is a racist?

and where is your factual evidence Trump is a racist?

man there is actual racism in this world and the left just throws that word out when they have nothing else to hold onto
    How about his policies towards renting to black people? Does that serve as evidence? Or do you need pictures of him in a stupid hat at a rally where they burn crosses?
    where is the hard evidence of that?

and the way you spread the lies is the same crap this clip does from CNN...what more does this guy have to do to denounce racism? put David Dukes head on a post?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/politics/alt-right-gathering-donald-trump/index.html
    Denouncing it doesn't change the fact that a segment of his base is racist.
    there are bad apples in every group i completely agree with you...im sure a segment of Obama and HRC supporters were the same

Does Trump say stupid stuff, yes...is he a racist, no
    What's your proof that he's not , again when will he apologize to the countless people he has insulted on his campaign, the family of fallen Muslim soldier , the Hispanic, the disabled I could go on & on please tell me how he will bring the country together ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

Mike Pence and Paul Ryan would like to take this opportuinty to say a word about the diversity within the GOP
    Waldo was easier to find

Lol. HuffPo is the government now?? I had no idea! (seriously, did you use your brain at all when you thought that the government and Huffington Post are somehow comparable when it comes to equal representation of the population?)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Be like Indiana Jones and punch a Nazi in the face.

Stolen from Facebook.
  • Options
    Trump foundation admits to wrongdoing. Aren't we all happy corrupt Hillary isn't in charge?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Sun, May 10th, 2015 at 6:21 pm
    Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace on the Obama White House refusing to send guests on to his show, “We wanted to ask Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson about the terror threat while the White House put him on another Sunday show. They declined to make him available to Fox viewers. The White House has made a number of guests available to other networks this year while excluding us and you. We did get to interview Chief of Staff Denis McDonough and DHS Secretary Johnson once this year, but only when they appeared on all five networks.”
  • Options
    When will Trump apologize to everyone that he has insulted thruout this campaign !
  • Options
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2016

Trump foundation admits to wrongdoing. Aren't we all happy corrupt Hillary isn't in charge?

Yes. I, for one, am most definitely happy that Hillary is not in charge. Not overly excited that Trump is, but her and her husband being out of the political spectrum makes me very happy, thanks for asking.
  • Options

When will Trump apologize to everyone that he has insulted thruout this campaign !

!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

It's crazy isn't it? The media is supposed to be left wing but they aren't hitting this very hard. This is a big fucking deal.

You can bet that if Clinton were Pres Elect and the Clinton Foundation disclosed self dealing the right and the media would be flipping out.

We know that Trump paid personal law suit settlements using foundation funds. For some reason that wasn't bigger news....they knew they had to answer that question correctly on the tax return (Were there any transactions that would be considered self dealing?) since it already broke in the media.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    pjalive21 said:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/cnns-if-jews-are-people-headline-disgusts-jake-tapper-w452000

Okay, so CNN runs a headline quoting a racist remark made by an Alt-Right spokesperson in a speech and somehow CNN is racist, rather than the guy who made the statement?

Yes, probably they should have phrased their headline better, but this to me seems a straightforward example of people reading only headlines and not the article.

And I saw parts of that speech. It's disgusting.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Only presidents that did NOT eclipse 300 electoral votes, Wilson 2nd, Carter, HW Bush and W Bush 1st and 2nd.
    Trump 306
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

Waldo was easier to find

Lol. HuffPo is the government now?? I had no idea! (seriously, did you use your brain at all when you thought that the government and Huffington Post are somehow comparable when it comes to equal representation of the population?)
    the point went way over your head
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

Waldo was easier to find

False Equivalency is an art form around here
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Only presidents that did NOT eclipse 300 electoral votes, Wilson 2nd, Carter, HW Bush and W Bush 1st and 2nd.
    Trump 306

You should be on Jeopardy.

• Options

pjalive21 said:

Okay, so CNN runs a headline quoting a racist remark made by an Alt-Right spokesperson in a speech and somehow CNN is racist, rather than the guy who made the statement?

Yes, probably they should have phrased their headline better, but this to me seems a straightforward example of people reading only headlines and not the article.

my point was proven then...you got it!!!! Actually I don't see the issue with that headline at all because that's pretty much exactly what that guy said...so whats the problem in that headline?

the same can be said about Trumps remarks and how they are taken out of context...man im good at this :smiley:
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

my point was proven then...you got it!!!! Actually I don't see the issue with that headline at all because that's pretty much exactly what that guy said...so whats the problem in that headline?

the same can be said about Trumps remarks and how they are taken out of context...man im good at this :smiley:
    And which trump remarks are taken out of context?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Trump condemns the alt-right and white nationalists.

businessinsider.com/trump-alt-right-steve-bannon-new-york-times-2016-11
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    The man is a reality TV game show host clown and he out-gamed the politicians at their own game
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    edited November 2016
    pjalive21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjalive21 said:

CM189191 said:

Waldo was easier to find

the point went way over your head
    pjalive21, what was your point, because it seems to have gone way over my head as well. Someone pointed out a lack of diversity within a political party, and your response was to point out a lack of diversity within a journalism business. One of those two has an obligation to empathize with, and then represent the civilians of the US fairly. I'd assume it'd be much easier to do that with an organization structure with demographics which at least somewhat resemble the demographics of the group they claim to represent.

Edit: On second thought - until it's mandated, I'm not sure that a political party has an obligation to empathize with, and then represent the civilians of the US fairly. So long as greed is a prevalent human emotion, we cannot expect power-possessors to govern with morality unless we mandate it.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Trump condemns the alt-right and white nationalists.

businessinsider.com/trump-alt-right-steve-bannon-new-york-times-2016-11

I see nothing wrong with this condemnation.
This discussion has been closed.