Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited November 2016
    JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

Hillary Clinton lost the election in the Midwest. Donald Trump won 50 Midwestern electoral votes that went to Barack Obama in 2012 -- Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio -- plus 20 more in Pennsylvania, where the two-thirds of voters beyond metro Philadelphia are Midwestern in culture and concerns. Trump could have lost Florida and still won.

In the popular vote, Clinton came close to equaling Obama's 2012 percentages in the South and not-yet-fully-counted West, and her 4 percent drop in the Northeast cost her no electoral votes. But in the Midwest and Pennsylvania, the Democratic presidential percentage dropped from 54 percent in 2008 and 51 percent in 2012 to 45 percent in 2016.

Yep. There shouldn't be any doubt. This wasn't Comey or Wiki or Sexism or Third Parties. None of those things helped, certainly, but none of them caused this defeat, either. Campaign strategy and messaging, more than anything else, led to Donald Trump.
    I don't believe that. She lost a few of those states by really close margins. To say that the FBI, or hacked emails, or sexism, or third parties didn't account for those lost close margins is ignoring a big part of the story.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    dignin said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

Hillary Clinton lost the election in the Midwest. Donald Trump won 50 Midwestern electoral votes that went to Barack Obama in 2012 -- Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio -- plus 20 more in Pennsylvania, where the two-thirds of voters beyond metro Philadelphia are Midwestern in culture and concerns. Trump could have lost Florida and still won.

In the popular vote, Clinton came close to equaling Obama's 2012 percentages in the South and not-yet-fully-counted West, and her 4 percent drop in the Northeast cost her no electoral votes. But in the Midwest and Pennsylvania, the Democratic presidential percentage dropped from 54 percent in 2008 and 51 percent in 2012 to 45 percent in 2016.

Yep. There shouldn't be any doubt. This wasn't Comey or Wiki or Sexism or Third Parties. None of those things helped, certainly, but none of them caused this defeat, either. Campaign strategy and messaging, more than anything else, led to Donald Trump.
    I don't believe that. She lost a few of those states by really close margins. To say that the FBI, or hacked emails, or sexism, or third parties didn't account for those lost close margins is ignoring a big part of the story.
    I hear what you are saying. As I said, none of those things helped her. Even still, she ran up a huge margin in the popular vote despite all the negatives. We didn't see these things impact her significantly nationwide. Their strategy was to target Republican women. It didn't work, perhaps in part because of the factors listed above. But their strategy was also to write off the so-called deplorables, and to take Wisconsin and Michigan for granted. That is what I believe killed them in the end.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JimmyV said:

dignin said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

I hear what you are saying. As I said, none of those things helped her. Even still, she ran up a huge margin in the popular vote despite all the negatives. We didn't see these things impact her significantly nationwide. Their strategy was to target Republican women. It didn't work, perhaps in part because of the factors listed above. But their strategy was also to write off the so-called deplorables, and to take Wisconsin and Michigan for granted. That is what I believe killed them in the end.
    I don't disagree.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016
    15 minutes..listen to this. Obama legacy and what Hilliary hitched her wagon to. Also talks about electoral college.
    We're supposed to fear Donny.
    To quote dice clay: its fuckin beautiful!

https://youtu.be/DrqAUebq6Ic
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    In that video 9:55-10:05
    Is this not what this man is doing too?
    If you hate something.......
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    JimmyV said:

dignin said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

And as it turns out the national polls weren't too far off...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    JC29856 said:

JimmyV said:

dignin said:

JimmyV said:

JC29856 said:

Love this. Esp. the weed guy.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    is winning more votes but losing the electorate like a consolation prize or participation trophy?

by the way that picture up top is awesome :lol:
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    what is fox news on that chart?

Before: a sheep
    After: a micro-organism

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

I would say
    Before: an angry old white male
    After: cover of Vs album
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

lolobugg said:

I would say
    Before: an angry old white male
    After: cover of Vs album
    Ha!

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    edited November 2016
    While we're on the subject of sheep...
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    When Wolf and Anderson and the rest of the Clinton News Network went to trump towers I wonder if Don's phallus was really dry
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTojj-F0l5I
  • Options

That is a staggering, ludicrous, almost impossible to comprehend number. It will be close to 2 million by the time every vote is counted.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Yet it still doesn't change the outcome.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

That is a staggering, ludicrous, almost impossible to comprehend number. It will be close to 2 million by the time every vote is counted.

I can't tell if you are trolling or not.
    Come back from the range the election is over.
    Time for dinner.
  • Options

JimmyV said:

I can't tell if you are trolling or not.
    Come back from the range the election is over.
    Time for dinner.
    If you are confused about what trolling is I might suggest checking your post history.

• Options
    ^^^
    I was being serious.
    You are just stating numbers that mean nothing and will not bring Hillary back.
  • Options

• Options

^^^
    I was being serious.

This isn't an attempt to bring Hillary back. I didn't vote for her. The numbers I'm posting are her current lead in the "popular vote". I find it fascinating. You may not. Feel free to ignore or play in another thread.

• Options
    Shhh

• Options
    Shhhhhhhh

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322

^^^
    I was being serious.

It can. The electorate doesn't have to vote for who won their state. If they feel Trump is not up to the task or is a risk to the office of the presidency. They can give their votes to Hillary.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ^^^
    Fair enough.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322
    JC29856 said:

Shhhhhhhh

He apologized.

The NAACP is saddened by the passing of United States Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd, the longest serving member of congress was first elected to the U.S. House from [West Virginia] in 1952 and was elected Senator in 1958. Byrd passed away this morning at the age of 92.
    "Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

^^^
    I was being serious.

This is expert level trolling right here, you have really stepped up your game!
    Someone posts a statistic that is the very topic of the thread and you use the accusation of trolling to troll the post.
    :clap:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

^^^
    I was being serious.

This is expert level trolling right here, you have really stepped up your game!
    Someone posts a statistic that is the very topic of the thread and you use the accusation of trolling to troll the post.
    :clap:
    Hilliary won the checkers game except that Trump was playing and won 4D chess.

Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me!
  • Options
    This might help...

This discussion has been closed.