Trump

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

If you look at the Podesta emails it's clear Bill Hilliary Hilliarys circle and major media knew it would be a close race back in May and July. Not hard to believe that there was a concerted effort to give the illusion that Trump had no chance in hopes that his support would not turn out. It was a nice plan but Trump overcame it, he played the media like a fiddle.

We need to get rid of this myth that Donald is some kind of brilliant puppet master.

Most media enjoyed record ratings, they got what they wanted.

The only group that bought the con was a Donald voter.

If you think that he had any brilliant plan then you were conned too, he isn't that smart.
    correct. smart people don't conduct themselves on social media like he does.
    Guy just beat Jeb Bush easily and Hillary Clinton without a ground campaign and a stripped down campaign team. I don't think he is an idiot. I don't like him as a person or president but not going to say he isn't smart.
    That's on the Donald voter. Just because he won doesn't mean he's smart, for proof look to the American public electing Bush Jr, twice.
    Trump and W, no comparison, if McCain elected then I could buy your argument.
    I may be having a Trump voter moment here, I don't understand your point.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

If you look at the Podesta emails it's clear Bill Hilliary Hilliarys circle and major media knew it would be a close race back in May and July. Not hard to believe that there was a concerted effort to give the illusion that Trump had no chance in hopes that his support would not turn out. It was a nice plan but Trump overcame it, he played the media like a fiddle.

We need to get rid of this myth that Donald is some kind of brilliant puppet master.

If you think that he had any brilliant plan then you were conned too, he isn't that smart.
    attention whores are smart like that. he is an attention whore so.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Guy just beat Jeb Bush easily and Hillary Clinton without a ground campaign and a stripped down campaign team. I don't think he is an idiot. I don't like him as a person or president but not going to say he isn't smart.
    That's on the Donald voter. Just because he won doesn't mean he's smart, for proof look to the American public electing Bush Jr, twice.
    You're comparing voting for W, who was part of a political dynasty, with 22 years of public office experience, former governor who was appointed POTUS by the SC with 271 electoral votes in 2000 and then was re-elected in a post 911 world against a sacrificial lamb John Kerry to Trump with zero political experience who amassed more than 300 electoral votes against the "Clinton's".
    Is that a fair comparison? Or weren't you making the comparison?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,951
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/megyn-kelly-pro-trump-fox-hosts-acting-hannity-says-not-me
    Fox News host Megyn Kelly claimed that some journalists who supported Donald Trump would pre-arrange difficult questions with the real estate mogul to preserve some appearance of neutrality.

Fox’s Howard Kurtz asked Kelly about the charge, which she laid out in her book “Settle For More,” that hosts on Fox and other networks relied on this arrangement to maintain credibility without putting any actual pressure on Trump’s campaign.

“Are you suggesting they were play-acting?” Kurtz asked.

“Yes. It was acting,” she replied, claiming that this information was “confirmed to me by more than one television executive.”

Kelly, who tangled with Trump repeatedly during the campaign, also wrote in her book that the President-elect routinely offered journalists gifts of free airfare and stays at Trump hotels in exchange for favorable coverage.

Though Kelly declined to name names, one particularly Trump-friendly Fox host apparently felt he was being called out.

In a string of tweets on Sunday, Sean Hannity said he had “no idea” who Kelly was referring to, but that he always wanted “real answers” about Trump’s policy proposals.

Hannity also claimed he “was never offered a thing” from Trump. The “Hannity” star appeared in a pro-Trump campaign video without Fox’s permission and conducted countless softball interviews with him, saying he was allowed to display blatant favoritism towards Trump since he is “not a journalist.”
    Yeah....so this
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    JC29856 said:

Media getting what they wanted!
    https://youtu.be/UtJvYdX4GKM

man that was some pure comedy gold by the doomsday preppers known as the liberal media
  • Options

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/megyn-kelly-pro-trump-fox-hosts-acting-hannity-says-not-me

Fox News host Megyn Kelly claimed that some journalists who supported Donald Trump would pre-arrange difficult questions with the real estate mogul to preserve some appearance of neutrality.

Fox’s Howard Kurtz asked Kelly about the charge, which she laid out in her book “Settle For More,” that hosts on Fox and other networks relied on this arrangement to maintain credibility without putting any actual pressure on Trump’s campaign.

“Are you suggesting they were play-acting?” Kurtz asked.

“Yes. It was acting,” she replied, claiming that this information was “confirmed to me by more than one television executive.”

Kelly, who tangled with Trump repeatedly during the campaign, also wrote in her book that the President-elect routinely offered journalists gifts of free airfare and stays at Trump hotels in exchange for favorable coverage.

Though Kelly declined to name names, one particularly Trump-friendly Fox host apparently felt he was being called out.

In a string of tweets on Sunday, Sean Hannity said he had “no idea” who Kelly was referring to, but that he always wanted “real answers” about Trump’s policy proposals.

Hannity also claimed he “was never offered a thing” from Trump. The “Hannity” star appeared in a pro-Trump campaign video without Fox’s permission and conducted countless softball interviews with him, saying he was allowed to display blatant favoritism towards Trump since he is “not a journalist.”
    Yeah....so this

Im guessing Megyn suspected Trump would lose and the timing of her book release would increase sales. I'm not sure if trump winning helps or hurts her book sales?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

You're comparing voting for W, who was part of a political dynasty, with 22 years of public office experience, former governor who was appointed POTUS by the SC with 271 electoral votes in 2000 and then was re-elected in a post 911 world against a sacrificial lamb John Kerry to Trump with zero political experience who amassed more than 300 electoral votes against the "Clinton's".
    Since we were talking about electing dummies I thought my point was clear. Bush Jr = not smart, elected twice. Trump = not smart, elected once...so far. There is no correlation between intelligence and being elected president, Bush Jr proved that.

Never underestimate an electorate that could elect Bush Jr.
  • Options
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

Since we were talking about electing dummies I thought my point was clear. Bush Jr = not smart, elected twice. Trump = not smart, elected once...so far. There is no correlation between intelligence and being elected president, Bush Jr proved that.

Never underestimate an electorate that could elect Bush Jr.
    What about other presidents elected, smart or dummies?

Obama
    Clinton
    Bush Sr
    Reagan
    Carter
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,951
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/cashing-in-bigly-in-argentina

This is the kind of shit that I am afraid of. Why isn't the "liberal" media lighting itself on fire over this?
    Over the weekend, there were a flurry of stories about how Donald Trump and his family are already using the presidency to leverage his overseas businesses as well as his new DC hotel. Well, now there's more. This time in Argentina.

Here's the background.

For a number of years, Trump and his Argentine partners have been trying to build a major office building in Buenos Aires. The project has been held up by a series of complications tied to financing, importation of building materials and various permitting requirements.

According to a report out of Argentina, when Argentine President Mauricio Macri called President-Elect Trump to congratulate him on his election, Trump asked Macri to deal with the permitting issues that are currently holding up the project.

This comes from one of Argentina's most prominent journalists, Jorge Lanata, in a recent TV appearance. Lanata is quoted here in La Nacion, one of Argentina's most prestigious dailies. Said Lanata: “Macri called him. This still hasn’t emerged but Trump asked for them to authorize a building he’s constructing in Buenos Aires, it wasn’t just a geopolitical chat."

(For Spanish speakers, here's the original Spanish we've translated: "Macri llo llamó. Todavía no se contó pero Trump le pidió que autorizaran un edificio que él está construyendo en Buenos Aires, no fue solo una charla geo política.")

Separately, Trump's business partner on the project, Felipe Yaryura, was there on election night at the Trump celebration in New York City.

Why aren't we hearing about this in the American press?

Well, remember, no one knew anything about the visit from Trump's Indian business partners until it appeared in the Indian press either. It seems like this is likely happening on many fronts. It's just being hidden from the American press. We only hear about it when it bubbles to the surface in the countries where Trump is pushing his business deals.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Questions, who do you think had more autonomy and control over his campaign, W or Trump? What about campaign staff expertise and experience, who had more, W or Trump?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Anybody keeping up with this thread knows what you've been saying. I'm not looking back for any of the posts where you essentially speak to the collective intelligence of a US public that opted for Trump as a fresh face that would serve them better than Hillary (or any other part of the establishment).

I'm pretty sure nothing has been lost on anyone within the respective parties' think tanks: empty promises, outright lies, and deceitful tactics can be usefully employed to sway votes and win an election. If the aforementioned can get a narcissistic, deceitful, orange sexual predator a presidency... they'll work for anyone.

I accept your apology.
    You mean you've accepted the can of whoop ass I opened on you?
    I don't see how your mistatement of facts followed by a refusal to provide evidence of said facts is a can of whoop ass. So again...apology accepted.
    Lol

You want me to dig through this thread to spit out to you what you have made abundantly clear?

No.

You keep gushing over Trump and how the people voted for change (he'll make everyone's wildest dreams come true... or America great again... or something like that) and I'll keep pointing out that Trump is an orange con man sex offender who's selection clearly defined the lack of values and/or intelligence across a nation.

So again... a beat down. You're not here for the hunting are you?
    Yes...please dig...you will never see me "gushing over Trump" as you describe it. I'll help you out if you are too lazy though. I was never a Trump fan...said it on here 1000 times. What I said repeatedly is that there were two terrible candidates...one terrible candidate offered change while the other terrible candidate offered more of them same. I added to this that the metrics were saying this was a "change" election and all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him. What happened is that in the final couple of weeks the large number of undecideds who had a low opinion of Trump decided that even with all his faults he was acceptable. That is hardly calling him a saviour or someone who would "make everyone's wildest dreams come true". AlL I ever said is that in a choice between two terrible people Trump has more potential upside. Hardly a ringing endorsement. So please go dig...show me where I said anything else. Come on...I need a beat down as nobody on here has ever been able to deliver.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Anybody keeping up with this thread knows what you've been saying. I'm not looking back for any of the posts where you essentially speak to the collective intelligence of a US public that opted for Trump as a fresh face that would serve them better than Hillary (or any other part of the establishment).

I'm pretty sure nothing has been lost on anyone within the respective parties' think tanks: empty promises, outright lies, and deceitful tactics can be usefully employed to sway votes and win an election. If the aforementioned can get a narcissistic, deceitful, orange sexual predator a presidency... they'll work for anyone.

I accept your apology.
    I don't see how your mistatement of facts followed by a refusal to provide evidence of said facts is a can of whoop ass. So again...apology accepted.
    Lol

You want me to dig through this thread to spit out to you what you have made abundantly clear?

No.

You keep gushing over Trump and how the people voted for change (he'll make everyone's wildest dreams come true... or America great again... or something like that) and I'll keep pointing out that Trump is an orange con man sex offender who's selection clearly defined the lack of values and/or intelligence across a nation.

Yes...please dig...you will never see me "gushing over Trump" as you describe it. I'll help you out if you are too lazy though. I was never a Trump fan...said it on here 1000 times. What I said repeatedly is that there were two terrible candidates...one terrible candidate offered change while the other terrible candidate offered more of them same. I added to this that the metrics were saying this was a "change" election and all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him. What happened is that in the final couple of weeks the large number of undecideds who had a low opinion of Trump decided that even with all his faults he was acceptable. That is hardly calling him a saviour or someone who would "make everyone's wildest dreams come true". AlL I ever said is that in a choice between two terrible people Trump has more potential upside. Hardly a ringing endorsement. So please go dig...show me where I said anything else. Come on...I need a beat down as nobody on here has ever been able to deliver.
    Fair enough with regards to your personal position on Trump. Thanks for the clarification.

If you recall... we began to differ when you took exception top the fact that I essentially called Trump supporters (for lack of better terms at the moment) stupid or lacking in values.

When you say, "... all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him"... this supports what I am saying because at no point in this election did he ever prove he was an acceptable alternative in my mind. He proved beyond a doubt that he was completely inappropriate to maintain such a position and for people to vote for him anyways says much about that voter base.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I accept your apology.
    Lol

No.

Fair enough with regards to your personal position on Trump. Thanks for the clarification.

If you recall... we began to differ when you took exception top the fact that I essentially called Trump supporters (for lack of better terms at the moment) stupid or lacking in values.

When you say, "... all Trump had to prove is that he was an acceptable alternative and that people would take the plunge and vote for him"... this supports what I am saying because at no point in this election did he ever prove he was an acceptable alternative in my mind. He proved beyond a doubt that he was completely inappropriate to maintain such a position and for people to vote for him anyways says much about that voter base.
    Ahhhh....so I guess the beat down has been called off. Ok. Now in terms of your point I do take exception to how you describe his supporters (if you can call them that because many of his voters did not think highly of him) because they did a calculation compared to the other candidate. Some people on here have failed to come to grips with how terrible and corrupt of a candidate Hillary Clinton was. There are voters who felt they would be sacrificing values in voting for her. My argument is and always has been there is no point in trying to argue which candidate is more terrible as it is pretty much irrelevant in a "change" electorate. The voters are not stupid or lacking in values by selecting one candidate over the other...they are simply making a calculation as to whether they want "change" or more of the same. Voters new which way a Clinton administration would go and they didn't like it. They may not have had an affinity for Trump but they felt he at least gave them the possibility of something different. Don't demean that choice.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    At some point in my life I was told. Its not about winning or losing, it's about how you play the game. ESP is a just plain rotten player.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

At some point in my life I was told. Its not about winning or losing, it's about how you play the game. ESP is a just plain rotten player.

That thing they told you at some point in your life is usually what they tell some who traditionally loses.
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

History repeats. Just wasn't expecting it so soon.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

I have zero idea if Trump will be an effective President but his campaign strategy warts and all was nothing short of genius. If you want to beat the man then don't underestimate the man.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Entitled Sexual Predator(s) is becoming big news!
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

That thing they told you at some point in your life is usually what they tell some who traditionally loses.
    And hence we have ESP. If you think the man is a winner, he is. But that's all he is.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

And hence we have ESP. If you think the man is a winner, he is. But that's all he is.
    Winners make policy.
  • Options
    They do. And he will. And America will be great. Got it
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

They do. And he will. And America will be great. Got it

The jury is still out on America being great. My personal feeling is that it is too far gone. At least now you have the opportunity to take a couple of bold swings.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

I have zero idea if Trump will be an effective President but his campaign strategy warts and all was nothing short of genius. If you want to beat the man then don't underestimate the man.
    it wasn't genius. it was normal. clinton's was terrible. she sat on her laurels hoping the media's polls were right.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

really. I certainly hope you are only saying this in the context of politics. Otherwise I guess I'm raising my kids to be losers.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

it wasn't genius. it was normal. clinton's was terrible. she sat on her laurels hoping the media's polls were right.
    There was nothing normal about what he did.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

really. I certainly hope you are only saying this in the context of politics. Otherwise I guess I'm raising my kids to be losers.
    That's not for me too say.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I accept your apology.
    Lol

No.

Some people on here have failed to come to grips with how terrible and corrupt of a candidate Hillary Clinton was. There are voters who felt they would be sacrificing values in voting for her. My argument is and always has been there is no point in trying to argue which candidate is more terrible as it is pretty much irrelevant in a "change" electorate. The voters are not stupid or lacking in values by selecting one candidate over the other...they are simply making a calculation as to whether they want "change" or more of the same. Voters new which way a Clinton administration would go and they didn't like it. They may not have had an affinity for Trump but they felt he at least gave them the possibility of something different. Don't demean that choice.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I accept your apology.
    Lol

No.

Ahhhh....so I guess the beat down has been called off. Ok. Now in terms of your point I do take exception to how you describe his supporters (if you can call them that because many of his voters did not think highly of him) because they did a calculation compared to the other candidate. Some people on here have failed to come to grips with how terrible and corrupt of a candidate Hillary Clinton was. There are voters who felt they would be sacrificing values in voting for her. My argument is and always has been there is no point in trying to argue which candidate is more terrible as it is pretty much irrelevant in a "change" electorate. The voters are not stupid or lacking in values by selecting one candidate over the other...they are simply making a calculation as to whether they want "change" or more of the same. Voters new which way a Clinton administration would go and they didn't like it. They may not have had an affinity for Trump but they felt he at least gave them the possibility of something different. Don't demean that choice.
    Possibility of something different? Lol.

That's for sure: a con man sex offender with promises that had no substance.

Again... take exception all you want. I'm right.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

I wouldn't call it genius but it wasn't normal either. He took his campaign to the gutter in ways we had never seen a nominee do before. He spoke directly to the masses via Twitter in a way we had never seen before. He rejected political norms such as releasing his taxes in a way we had never seen before.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

That's not for me too say.
    pretty sure an adult teaching our young people that winning is everything is the definition of a loser.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.