Is the USA a nation of bigots and/or racists and/or idiots and hypocrites?

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

There have been more death threats against trump in 8 days then Obama in 8 years.
    Fbi secret service

Makes sense... Democrats as a whole are more violent than Republicans.
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/06/robert-farago/firearms-related-homicides-democratic-vs-republican-affiliation/amp/
    I have to get used to one of the trumpworld rules: facts aren't required when trying make a point.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

There have been more death threats against trump in 8 days then Obama in 8 years.
    Fbi secret service

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/06/robert-farago/firearms-related-homicides-democratic-vs-republican-affiliation/amp/
    I have to get used to one of the trumpworld rules: facts aren't required when trying make a point.
    So a higher rate of gun deaths does not corrolate with affiliation to the Democratic Party? Where are your "facts" to dispute?
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

So a higher rate of gun deaths does not corrolate with affiliation to the Democratic Party? Where are your "facts" to dispute?
    You'd have to go through each shooter and review their voting history for this to be a fact, not generalize based on race.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

Did you even read the article? The author has no facts on whether the murders were committed by Democrats or Republicans. Instead, he breaks out the murders by race and then makes assumptions about how the perpetrators might have voted, by race. So he uses a proxy measure, and a pretty poor one at that. All that article shows is that the author has very little understanding of statistics.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited November 2016
    Twitter suspends alt-right accounts
    Jessica Guynn , USA TODAY 5:19 a.m. EST November 16, 2016

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news ... /93943194/

Twitter released a new set of tools on Tuesday that could finally stop the unregulated craziness that happens on Twitter. The 'Mute Words' feature gives the user the ability to mute certain words, phrases, hashtags, emojis, or usernames.

SAN FRANCISCO — Twitter suspended a number of accounts associated with the alt-right movement, the same day the social media service said it would crack down on hate speech.

Among those suspended was Richard Spencer, who runs an alt-right think tank and had a verified account on Twitter.

The alt-right, a loosely organized group that espouses white nationalism, emerged as a counterpoint to mainstream conservatism and has flourished online. Spencer has said he wants blacks, Asians, Hispanics and Jews removed from the U.S.

Twitter on Tuesday removed Spencer's verified account, @RichardBSpencer, that of his think tank, the National Policy Institute @npiamerica, and his online magazine @radixjournal.

"This is corporate Stalinism," Spencer told The Daily Caller News Foundation. In a YouTube video, entitled Knight of the Long Knives, an apparent reference to the purge of Nazi leaders in 1934 to consolidate Adolf Hitler's power, Spencer said Twitter had engaged in a coordinated effort to wipe out alt-right Twitter.

"I am alive physically but digitally speaking there has been execution squads across the alt right," he said. "There is a great purge going on and they are purging people based on their views."

Twitter declined to comment on the suspensions, which included the accounts of Paul Town, Pax Dickinson, Ricky Vaughn and John Rivers.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

You'd have to go through each shooter and review their voting history for this to be a fact, not generalize based on race.
    I'd be interested in seeing that study. So generalizations made on race vs political leaning cannot be accurate? I'll keep that in mind the next time some says that the only people voting republican are white people.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

Well, not to be a jerk or even saying I'm a Trump supporter, but you do realize that the plenty of "generalized" comments about all Trump supporters being racist and bigots are not based in reviews of each voter beliefs to be factual, right.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PP193448 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

Well, not to be a jerk or even saying I'm a Trump supporter, but you do realize that the plenty of "generalized" comments about all Trump supporters being racist and bigots are not based in reviews of each voter beliefs to be factual, right.
    in my opinion, those comments are also incorrect. generalizing in any way, shape, or form, is inaccurate, to say the least.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

another case of "let's google something worded to reinforce what I already believe".
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Not the nation but as of 1/20/2017 there will be a racist in the WH besides Bafoon..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

PP193448 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

in my opinion, those comments are also incorrect. generalizing in any way, shape, or form, is inaccurate, to say the least.
    There again, Hugh, you are correct. I mean I've gotta sit down and drink some beers with you at a show in the future, cause seems like it might be a good conversation with lots of laughs... I just think that all the irrational comments from the crazy self-righteous left and right wingers undermines the pull to get everyone in the middle common sense field. I think we should have what could be called the "common sense" party.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

I'd be interested in seeing that study. So generalizations made on race vs political leaning cannot be accurate? I'll keep that in mind the next time some says that the only people voting republican are white people.
    No. generalizations based on race are supported by actual data. Meaning you have numbers showing x race voted for y candidate. you're link is attempting an invalid stretch, taking a behavior (shooting someone) and breaking that pool up by race, and then saying those people in a limited pool must have voted a certain way. Whoever wrote that doesn't know how to do actual scientific research.
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

There again, Hugh, you are correct. I mean I've gotta sit down and drink some beers with you at a show in the future, cause seems like it might be a good conversation with lots of laughs... I just think that all the irrational comments from the crazy self-righteous left and right wingers undermines the pull to get everyone in the middle common sense field. I think we should have what could be called the "common sense" party.
    very few want to meet in the middle or acknowledge what the other side says as correct or even with merit for fear of "losing ground" in their argument. it's ridiculous. it's less a discussion and more a pissing contest. makes me crazy.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

another case of "let's google something worded to reinforce what I already believe".
    If you haven't noticed, I am really trying to rile up the crowd that are making broad generalizations about Trump voters by mimicking them. If the argument posted in the link that I posted are invalid, then so are the ones being made from many left leaning individuals in these forums against Trump voters without an ounce of scientific data. Hypocrisy awareness if you will. I think you actually said something about that earlier. The bait is clearly being taken by "some" of the biggest perpetrators of this hypocrisy around here.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

If you haven't noticed, I am really trying to rile up the crowd that are making broad generalizations about Trump voters by mimicking them. If the argument posted in the link that I posted are invalid, then so are the ones being made from many left leaning individuals in these forums against Trump voters without an ounce of scientific data. Hypocrisy awareness if you will. I think you actually said something about that earlier.
    I hadn't noticed. carry on.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

If you haven't noticed, I am really trying to rile up the crowd that are making broad generalizations about Trump voters by mimicking them. If the argument posted in the link that I posted are invalid, then so are the ones being made from many left leaning individuals in these forums against Trump voters without an ounce of scientific data. Hypocrisy awareness if you will. I think you actually said something about that earlier. The bait is clearly being taken by "some" of the biggest perpetrators of this hypocrisy around here.
    There's actual scientific data that shows conservatives hold prejudice beliefs more than liberals.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

There's actual scientific data that shows conservatives hold prejudice beliefs more than liberals.
    yes, but some are claiming ALL trump voters are racists, which just isn't true whatsoever.

case in point: Uncle #1 is a very reasonable man, a guy I like, and I know is not racist in the least. he was hoping for Trump. Uncle #2, a complete douchebag that most in the family don't even like, racist AF, and he hated Trump.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

I don't doubt that, but "all" is where my feathers get ruffled. There are plenty of dumbass liberals and plenty of dumbass conservatives. These forums hold a mixture of liberals and conservatives and I have seen many people around that didn't vote for Clinton get labeled as racist and prejudice. I think most intelligent people vote strategically, not based on racist rhetoric or emotion. I doubt there are truly very many racist bigots around here and you are sure as hell not going to get their views to align with yours by calling them that. The same applies with this "white males are bad" bullshit, but I guess I'm just offended because of my "white privilege", not because that type of rhetoric is essentially the most race baiting type of crap I've witnessed around here.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

yes, but some are claiming ALL trump voters are racists, which just isn't true whatsoever.

case in point: Uncle #1 is a very reasonable man, a guy I like, and I know is not racist in the least. he was hoping for Trump. Uncle #2, a complete douchebag that most in the family don't even like, racist AF, and he hated Trump.
    voice of reason

i definitely know people like this too
    pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

voice of reason

Me too. Get uncle number 1 talking about how he voted for a bigot and how he made trumps policies, which are grounded in prejudice, okay in his mind, and you might be surprised.
  • JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

I haven't heard about any death threats against Trump, but I may not be reading the right news.

What's your source for this info? I would like to read it.
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

I don't doubt that, but "all" is where my feathers get ruffled. There are plenty of dumbass liberals and plenty of dumbass conservatives. These forums hold a mixture of liberals and conservatives and I have seen many people around that didn't vote for Clinton get labeled as racist and prejudice. I think most intelligent people vote strategically, not based on racist rhetoric or emotion. I doubt there are truly very many racist bigots around here and you are sure as hell not going to get their views to align with yours by calling them that. The same applies with this "white males are bad" bullshit, but I guess I'm just offended because of my "white privilege", not because that type of rhetoric is essentially the most race baiting type of crap I've witnessed around here.
    I've rarely see "all" used. And I've never seen more emotionally based decisions around voting than I have in this election. Trump just conned and manipulated millions of people. This was all played out and outlined in discussions in here for the last several months. Also, there are (were) blatant racists in here, and pointing out white privilege isn't race baiting, it's a fact.

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

voice of reason

Me too. Get uncle number 1 talking about how he voted for a bigot and how he made trumps policies, which are grounded in prejudice, okay in his mind, and you might be surprised.
    but like I have said, people take from a candidate what they want to see (less corruption) and ignore the rest (fear mongering boderline racism). I would argue that it's quite possible the majority of people who voted trump did so for the simple reason they bought into his "drain the swamp" message. and quite simply cast aside his rhetoric as stuff coming from a guy who simply "shot from the hip", and wasn't legimately hateful of certain groups of people.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

voice of reason

but like I have said, people take from a candidate what they want to see (less corruption) and ignore the rest (fear mongering boderline racism). I would argue that it's quite possible the majority of people who voted trump did so for the simple reason they bought into his "drain the swamp" message. and quite simply cast aside his rhetoric as stuff coming from a guy who simply "shot from the hip", and wasn't legimately hateful of certain groups of people.
    Agree that some of the more sound minded voters may have looked at it that way, but with a lot, you peel back the layers and sometimes you find things out. They had to go through a process of minimization of his prejudicial policies. This usually means adopting certain beliefs about those of a different culture and race.
    edited November 2016

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

voice of reason

Unless you completely agree with every one of a candidates viewpoints, which makes you far right or left wing, then you pick and chose which specific issues are prioritized for you. It's hard to be in the middle because there are issues that I agree with on both sides. So how do I vote?? If I voted Trump I'm a racist. If I voted for Hilary, then I condone corrupt government. There are too many gray zones, not just black and white (not being racial here :who_me:). Trying to label people because of their voting record is ridiculous. Then I guess I would be 1/2 democrat 1/2 republican. So I'm a pro LBGT, anti big corrupt government, pro vetting, don't build a wall but control illegal immigration, fix the fleecing of America by corp and lazy people gaming the system, pro environment voter... i think lots of people in the middle don't even vote, because there's no one to fit any mold there, at least none that actually make it thru the primaries. Someone like Rand Paul would never stand a chance. He makes too much common sense.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    PP193448 said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

voice of reason

Unless you completely agree with every one of a candidates viewpoints, which makes you far right or left wing, then you pick and chose which specific issues are prioritized for you. It's hard to be in the middle because there are issues that I agree with on both sides. So how do I vote?? If I voted Trump I'm a racist. If I voted for Hilary, then I condone corrupt government. There are too many gray zones, not just black and white (not being racial here :who_me:). Trying to label people because of their voting record is ridiculous. Then I guess I would be 1/2 democrat 1/2 republican. So I'm a pro LBGT, anti big corrupt government, pro vetting, don't build a wall, fix the fleecing of America by corp and lazy people gaming the system, pro environment voter...
    You think Hillary is far left?

PP193448 said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

voice of reason

Unless you completely agree with every one of a candidates viewpoints, which makes you far right or left wing, then you pick and chose which specific issues are prioritized for you. It's hard to be in the middle because there are issues that I agree with on both sides. So how do I vote?? If I voted Trump I'm a racist. If I voted for Hilary, then I condone corrupt government. There are too many gray zones, not just black and white (not being racial here :who_me:). Trying to label people because of their voting record is ridiculous. Then I guess I would be 1/2 democrat 1/2 republican. So I'm a pro LBGT, anti big corrupt government, pro vetting, don't build a wall, fix the fleecing of America by corp and lazy people gaming the system, pro environment voter...
    No. But I personally don't think she would have done much to fix problems in government, because she is one of the problems herself. Bernie was too far left.
    edited November 2016
    I don't want Trump or Hilary as president. I would have voted Rand Paul, so I guess I'm in the middle leaning slightly to the right :wink:
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

pjalive21 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Fbi secret service

voice of reason

No. But I personally don't think she would have done much to fix problems in government, because she is one of the problems herself. Bernie was too far left.
    Sanders fit the label of the rights slogan about "common sense" the best. He also seems to match your positions on things you listed in your earlier post
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Twitter suspends alt-right accounts
    Jessica Guynn , USA TODAY 5:19 a.m. EST November 16, 2016

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news ... /93943194/

Twitter released a new set of tools on Tuesday that could finally stop the unregulated craziness that happens on Twitter. The 'Mute Words' feature gives the user the ability to mute certain words, phrases, hashtags, emojis, or usernames.

SAN FRANCISCO — Twitter suspended a number of accounts associated with the alt-right movement, the same day the social media service said it would crack down on hate speech.

Among those suspended was Richard Spencer, who runs an alt-right think tank and had a verified account on Twitter.

The alt-right, a loosely organized group that espouses white nationalism, emerged as a counterpoint to mainstream conservatism and has flourished online. Spencer has said he wants blacks, Asians, Hispanics and Jews removed from the U.S.

Twitter on Tuesday removed Spencer's verified account, @RichardBSpencer, that of his think tank, the National Policy Institute @npiamerica, and his online magazine @radixjournal.

"This is corporate Stalinism," Spencer told The Daily Caller News Foundation. In a YouTube video, entitled Knight of the Long Knives, an apparent reference to the purge of Nazi leaders in 1934 to consolidate Adolf Hitler's power, Spencer said Twitter had engaged in a coordinated effort to wipe out alt-right Twitter.

"I am alive physically but digitally speaking there has been execution squads across the alt right," he said. "There is a great purge going on and they are purging people based on their views."

Twitter declined to comment on the suspensions, which included the accounts of Paul Town, Pax Dickinson, Ricky Vaughn and John Rivers.

This is bullshit, but twitter has been banning peoole for quite some time that won't play nice with leftist crazies.