No Code and Yield Vinyl Reissues on Amazon

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited September 2016
    I'm reading reports elsewhere of "No Code" re-issue vinyls arriving with problems related to warp. Anyone here dealing with that yet? I hope this isn't going to be another fiasco like the first run of "Lightning Bolt". Please say it ain't so!

Edit: Oh, and by the way, I purchased directly from Ten Club. No way do I shop at "Undercut America".
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Hearing yet more complaints (elsewhere so far, not on this forum) about the "No Code" reissues being warped, off center and sounding like they were pressed from a digital source. I have to say, I have a bit wary about receiving my copy which I am informed is in queue for shipping.

Anyone here had these issues? Are we looking at a bad pressing fiasco here?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    brianlux said:

Hearing yet more complaints (elsewhere so far, not on this forum) about the "No Code" reissues being warped, off center and sounding like they were pressed from a digital source. I have to say, I have a bit wary about receiving my copy which I am informed is in queue for shipping.

Pressed .. from digital source not analog? You gotta be kidding me!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    I'm not an expert or anything but if it's remastered. Wouldn't they put it in digital form nowadays?
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    brianlux said:

Where are you seeing this bri?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    demetrios said:

brianlux said:

Pressed .. from digital source not analog? You gotta be kidding me!
    Haha, oh yeah, oops! I meant "mastered of course".

(Note to self- everything here is scrutinized to the max. Do NOT forget to use the "preview" button.)

edited September 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

brianlux said:

Where are you seeing this bri?
    Over on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/pearl-jam-to-re-issue-no-code-and-yield-on-vinyl.537613/

By the way, McG, a lot of those folks there are very discerning regarding quality of pressings and such. A great place to get good info on this sort of thing.
    Post edited by brianlux on

igotid88 said:

I'm not an expert or anything but if it's remastered. Wouldn't they put it in digital form nowadays?

From what relatively little I know, I think so but also, I'm told the best remastering come from an analog source and then if done right is transferred to digital via the best quality process available. I don't know enough about the details but I do know my ears feel better listening to an analog source that was recorded in analog. All digital, especially early digital fatigues my ears quickly. I've been told I can't do that but I definitely know what sounds better to my ears.

• demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

So I just saw this in the description of No Code (Ltd) on the New On Vinyl website: "Including 1 of 4 sets of 9 polaroid/lyric cards". :confused: 1 of 4 sets? I was not aware that there were 4 unique sets of the polaroids. So 36 Polaroids in all? Is this just for the reissue, or is this the case with the original too??

Yep. The set should look like this. :)

This! Took me way too long to get all 4 on CD. But luckily only ended up with 1 extra copy...

This would be pricey on vinyl. Although now that I think about it, I should see if my Original press and the remaster are the same set! Then I'd only be 2 more away....
    here for the music...
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2016
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

So I just saw this in the description of No Code (Ltd) on the New On Vinyl website: "Including 1 of 4 sets of 9 polaroid/lyric cards". :confused: 1 of 4 sets? I was not aware that there were 4 unique sets of the polaroids. So 36 Polaroids in all? Is this just for the reissue, or is this the case with the original too??

Yep. The set should look like this. :)

I will be completing this set with the reissues. After I get my 4, I'm sure I will have at least one I will need to trade with someone else completing their set.
  • jazizi83jazizi83 USA Posts: 7
    Is there any indication on the front or back covers to tell which set is which? Or is that last SKU number the only tell?
    jazizi83 said:

Is there any indication on the front or back covers to tell which set is which? Or is that last SKU number the only tell?

Only way to tell is to open it up and look.
  • jazizi83jazizi83 USA Posts: 7
    MedozK said:

jazizi83 said:

Only way to tell is to open it up and look.
    Yeah, I guess I knew that. :dizzy:
    I wonder how much it sold? Probably not more than 1000
    I miss igotid88
    Yield is now @ $30 CDN with free shipping on Amazon Canada
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FGRB14U/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_jXD1xbAN0K207

Anyone got scans on the back of the USA / CDN 7" single releases?
    Here's what the Made in EU Germany 7" singles look like.

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Yield is still cheaper in local store and No Code is way cheaper at loval shop. Usually the other way around.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    edited September 2016
    demetrios said:

Wish I had mine from my pre-order from 10C to help answer your question. I assume that the US versions will probably be very similar covers... minus the Sony Music logo, region stickers and maybe an EU credit. It would really surprise me if the US versions are actually pressed somewhere different, but I guess we will know soon.... hopefully.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Wish I had mine from my pre-order from 10C to help answer your question. I assume that the US versions will probably be very similar covers... minus the Sony Music logo, region stickers and maybe an EU credit. It would really surprise me if the US versions are actually pressed somewhere different, but I guess we will know soon.... hopefully.
    I received 4 of 5 singles yesterday (in the same package). Who You Are is the one missing and should be here Mon. or Tues.

MedozK is correct. The only difference I can see is the U.S. version reads Made in France instead of Made in the EU.

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'll be curious to hear if the Who You Are 7" has the new lyrics or the old.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Hobbes said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

I received 4 of 5 singles yesterday (in the same package). Who You Are is the one missing and should be here Mon. or Tues.

MedozK is correct. The only difference I can see is the U.S. version reads Made in France instead of Made in the EU.

Pretty much.

The one's sold in North America have the Sony Music New York mailing address with Made in France on them.

While the European copies have the Sony Music Germany mailing address with Made in the EU on them.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Ah, yes. The address is different. I had to squint to read the pics. Also I noticed the "LC00199" right after Made in the EU is not on the US version.
    Also you can usually tell the EU releases because they usually have the Sony Mudic logo
    Yield has been temporarily out of stock for almost a week now.
    http://www.amazon.com/Yield-Pearl-Jam/dp/B01FGRB14U/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1462934613&sr=1-3&keywords=Pearl+Jam&refinements=p_n_date%3A1249114011

I wonder how many were shipped to retailers?

Anybody thinks they re-enter the Billboard 200 next week?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

http://www.amazon.com/Yield-Pearl-Jam/dp/B01FGRB14U/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1462934613&sr=1-3&keywords=Pearl+Jam&refinements=p_n_date%3A1249114011

Shocked it's already @ temporarily out of stock. For No Code there's 3 left but more on the way.

I've seen ALOT of online retailer selling the new reissue copies of No Code & Yield. No issues on being sold out.

It would be great to see the 2 re-enter the Billboard 200.
    Seriously look @ the list right now. http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

A shocker is Metallica's black album. This week 95 Last Week: 82 ? Released back in August 1991? WOW!!!
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    demetrios said:

igotid88 said:

Shocked it's already @ temporarily out of stock. For No Code there's 3 left but more on the way.

I've seen ALOT of online retailer selling the new reissue copies of No Code & Yield. No issues on being sold out.

Seriously look @ the list right now. http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

A shocker is Metallica's black album. This week 95 Last Week: 82 ? Released back in August 1991? WOW!!!
    Surprised to see Ten on there also. Up to 178 from 192 last week :)
    demetrios said:

igotid88 said:

They started allowing older albums back in the 200 chart a few years ago. Before they were relegated to Catalog Albums. If you go to hitsdailydouble.com the no. 1 album sold just over 50k. But they count streaming now. So the the no. 1 album this week would have sold 80k.
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2016
    Hawk123 said:

demetrios said:

igotid88 said:

Fun to see Journey's greatest hits sitting at 106, lol (no, but Don't Stop Believin' is a GREAT song). I never look at the Billboard top 200. Very interesting. Yeah, most of it stinks IMO, but there are some good ones scattered throughout as well, especially in the back 100. But not many. And Ten doesn't even get any album art attached to it, haha.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJ_Soul said:

Hawk123 said:

demetrios said:

igotid88 said:

Fun to see Journey's greatest hits sitting at 106, lol (no, but Don't Stop Believin' is a GREAT song). I never look at the Billboard top 200. Very interesting. Yeah, most of it stinks IMO, but there are some good ones scattered throughout as well, especially in the back 100. But not many. And Ten doesn't even get any album art attached to it, haha.
    Just as a total side note, you should watch Don't Stop Believing. It's a recent little documentary about Journey that covers their tour with the singer they got from Manila I think. It's awesome, and I'm not a fan either. Loved the documentary tho.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    igotid88 said:

@igotid88 Not many according to my local
    www.cluthelee.com